• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Piercings

Bay

Years
I too only have piercings on my earlobes. Don't know if there would be any other piercings I would want, though if I were younger maybe on the nose.

Margot

some things are that simple
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
I love piercings. I have a ring in my nose & three piercings in my left ear and two in my right.

Years
I love piercings. I have a ring in my nose & three piercings in my left ear and two in my right.

I'd love to see more posts like this, seems like the majority of people here have none and I'm be curious from those who have piercings how they are to manage. Heard the area can get infected more easily... Do you have to treat them in some way, like putting some kinda cream or other product around it?

Mariposa

Banned
Years
I'd love to see more posts like this, seems like the majority of people here have none and I'm be curious from those who have piercings how they are to manage. Heard the area can get infected more easily... Do you have to treat them in some way, like putting some kinda cream or other product around it?

Depends on where. While it's healing generally you should soak the piercing in a saline solution using sterile gauze and apply an antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly at least once a day. And you should clean it once a day. I haven't had any issues with my piercings after they've healed though.

Having my tongue pierced was... Interesting though considering that my tongue was really swollen for almost a week and bled for the first few days and you have to rinse your mouth after every meal, and you can't eat solid food until the swelling goes down.

Last edited:

Margot

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022

Adding to the OP's post, the cleaning is something I stress a lot to people. Piercings require a lot of care, they can take a while to heal (some as long as a year) fully and can look and feel not great during the process. A lot of people get piercings because they like the look, but don't like the upkeep. you also have to make sure you don't sleep on the piercing, be careful as you get dressed & use towels until you're used to it. Getting a nose piercing stuck in a sweater or a towel while it heals HURTS.

that being said, I love the look & getting to change them up, so if you're up to the task of the healing process, don't let that deter you. they're so much fun and are very low maintenance once they heal up :)

The Fairy Pokémon

Loves glitter
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 11, 2022

When I got my septum pierced I was instructed to wash around it twice daily with a q-tip, warm water and anti bacterial soap. I went through A LOT of q-tips the first month. :blush:

Now that it's all healed up it's no trouble at all. As long as you keep your nose clean and take out the jewelry to clean it regularly it's no problem. I've heard a lot of experiences that were complete opposites to mine though so I guess it's different for everyone.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
Years
The very thought of getting a piercing of any kind makes me shudder. No thanks.

But I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes-Benz anyways.

Margot

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2022
The very thought of getting a piercing of any kind makes me shudder. No thanks.

But I wouldn't put a bumper sticker on a Mercedes-Benz anyways.

this explanation always makes me cringe lol. there is plenty of beauty in piercings.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Only my earlobes too, 3 in the right and 1 on the left. I had those done when I was a kid and one of these days I should probably get them to an even 3:3 on each side. The only other place I considered piercing was the cartilage since I have seen my friends get other places pierced and yeah, the healing process didn't seem fun lol.

Mariposa

Banned
Years
Only my earlobes too, 3 in the right and 1 on the left. I had those done when I was a kid and one of these days I should probably get them to an even 3:3 on each side. The only other place I considered piercing was the cartilage since I have seen my friends get other places pierced and yeah, the healing process didn't seem fun lol.
Depending on where it can be varying degrees of fun.

Gabri

m8
Years
this explanation always makes me cringe lol. there is plenty of beauty in piercings.

What's wrong with not bearing the thought of having a piece of metal through my skin? A simple needle for vaccines or blood removal already make me flinch enough not to bear looking at them.

As for the beauty part, what happened to everyone having their own standards and preferences? I don't feel the need to pierce my skin for aesthetic reasons or self-expression. And I don't find that having chunks of metal through a person's skin is the leastest bit attractive, except for earrings. Sorry but that's me. I'm extremely picky on that.

Years
I don't understand piercings at all. Tattoos I understand but piercing always seem to get lumped in with them and I really don't understand what makes them particularly appealing or expressive or whatever.

Back