• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Username_9138

Wow. That is a post with such grace I'd cry to see it again.

Anyway, I can has club membership? I'm--well, for the sake of no labels, I like boys. And I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY like boys! [/stalker]

(Don't listen to him, he's a boy-crazy attention ***** high on his own hormones.)

EDIT: I typed those asterisks, don't worry! Might not look like it, but I don't take many risks.

To be serious, though, I am attracted to guys and have a huge crush on this one boy in my history class! But he claims to "dating someone." :(

Whoever that someone is, I'll be them tomorrow morning. And he never said he had a "girlfriend," so I'm turning on my ridiculous optimism setting. [/hopeful]

Sorry not to answer any topics, I just am not feeling very serious right now.

Last edited:

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
Thinking of my great aunt ruins my lady-boner but I don't hate her.
I'm right there with you on that one. o3o

There are always anti-LGBT movements going on, just like how they're always LGBT-haters that walk around as normal people in everyday crowds, one we're just not as aware of. Likewise, there are constantly people fighting for LGBT rights, and supporting it.. so. :/
I agree with this. Bad news always gets more attention because good news just doesn't sell. And the biggest jerks/idiots of any given group are the most vocal so you end up thinking there are way more than there actually are.

Wow. That is a post with such grace I'd cry to see it again.

Anyway, I can has club membership? I'm--well, for the sake of no labels, I like boys. And I mean I REALLY REALLY REALLY like boys! [/stalker]

(Don't listen to him, he's a boy-crazy attention ***** high on his own hormones.)
-doesn't listen to you-

Welcome welcome! :3 Here is your new member crown!~

img-thing

Let me speak on behalf of all the members here when I say that we all hope you have a fulfilling and outrageously amazing time here! :D

Aaaaaand good luck dating that hottie you mentioned ;D go get 'em tiger

Username_9138

Yaaaay! Does the crown come with a meal? Cause I'm hungry. :)

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years

LOL. Welcome dude, adding you to the list now. Your post is frikkin hilarious XD. I know how you feel about the boys, too ;)

ThatWhiteKid said:
EDIT: I typed those asterisks, don't worry! Might not look like it, but I don't take many risks.

Sorry not to answer any topics, I just am not feeling very serious right now.

Don't worry about swearing, you're allowed to swear and the censor will take care of it. The only way you get in trouble is if you change the word a bit so that the censor doesn't pick it up :P

Also no worries about not answering topics - it's not a strict place, it's pretty much just 'say what you want to say' kind of thing :P

Username_9138

Didn't really think it was that funny, but okay. Seriously, though. I am obsessed with this one boy in my class. Expect to hear about him A LOT.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
JOIN ALL THE CLUBS

Hie everyone :3 Me name is Volt~ Figured I'd join up here since these are subjects that interest me and I wanna learn more about what's goin on :3 I've always believed in rights and stuff, and since one of my sisters has recently revealed that she is bisexual, it's something I care about even more.

I was raised pretty neutrally as far as everything goes, so I had a lot of room to do and be and think about whatever I wanted. My parents are cool with just about everything... My mom says she doesn't really "agree" with LGBT stuff, but that it's pretty much not her business. My dad, I think, is pretty accepting. Seems like both of them don't really understand the trans issues and viewpoints, though, and get kinda weird about that...and I'd like to learn more as well.. But yeah! My house is a pretty good place to be, it's some of the other people around here we gotta worry about :P

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I guess I've put off joining this club for to long. Time to give in.

I personally have no issues with a persons sexuality as long as they are happy with what they like, who am I to say otherwise/tell them what to be. no one thats who

@Volti
It must be really good to have such accepting parents, I think my father may be a little homophobic but stuff him, just cause he is doesn't mean I am. My mothers pretty cool with everything though which is okay. I think its better if you don't understand the issue to leave it be instead of having a half informed opinion about something.

And yes WhiteKid Share with us your obsession! Tell us why you are so crushing so hard like on him!

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
JOIN ALL THE CLUBS

Hie everyone :3 Me name is Volt~ Figured I'd join up here since these are subjects that interest me and I wanna learn more about what's goin on :3 I've always believed in rights and stuff, and since one of my sisters has recently revealed that she is bisexual, it's something I care about even more.

I was raised pretty neutrally as far as everything goes, so I had a lot of room to do and be and think about whatever I wanted. My parents are cool with just about everything... My mom says she doesn't really "agree" with LGBT stuff, but that it's pretty much not her business. My dad, I think, is pretty accepting. Seems like both of them don't really understand the trans issues and viewpoints, though, and get kinda weird about that...and I'd like to learn more as well.. But yeah! My house is a pretty good place to be, it's some of the other people around here we gotta worry about :P

I guess I've put off joining this club for to long. Time to give in.

I personally have no issues with a persons sexuality as long as they are happy with what they like, who am I to say otherwise/tell them what to be. no one thats who

@Volti
It must be really good to have such accepting parents, I think my father may be a little homophobic but stuff him, just cause he is doesn't mean I am. My mothers pretty cool with everything though which is okay. I think its better if you don't understand the issue to leave it be instead of having a half informed opinion about something.

And yes WhiteKid Share with us your obsession! Tell us why you are so crushing so hard like on him!
Welcome to both! Time to give you your crowns as well! :D

img-thing

img-thing

sorry for the pointless ritual it's just something I need to do

It's good to know we have accepting, or, accepting-ish parents here. :) I'm glad about that. Personally my parents do have the half-informed opinion type thing but they don't really shove anything down other people's throats and tend to mind their own business, kind of.

So like I said welcome! :D

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I never got a crown, either. Welcome!

And my parents are otherwise accepting; my mother just "leaves it to God," (which thoroughly annoys me how she consistently brings her beliefs into her children's daily lives, but it's tolerable as long as nothing goes wrong) and my dad... I'm really not sure, but he doesn't seem to have any problems.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Welcome to the LGBT club, crowns on the front desk.

I think I've mentioned this before but my mother is fine with gay people but thinks bisexuality isn't a thing lol. She doesn't really run into bisexuals and if she does she doesn't treat them any differently so it doesn't become a problem, she's just told me she sees that as "wanting to have sex with everyone".

On another note, I wanted to share this picture someone posted on my schools LGBT club's facebook page:

9WEKf.png

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
My mom has this weird thing about bisexuals, too. She seems to think that if they end up with someone of the opposite gender, then they actually were straight, or something like that. My parents are nice to everyone, though, as long as they're nice, too.

p.s. thanks for the crown XD

Magdalena~

Feel the hnnnnggg
Years
I never got a crown.
I never got a crown, either.
I never got a crown, either.
You guys just joined when I wasn't around, sorry. xD I gave SwiftSign a "not-new member crown" so if you guys want that, just borrow it from him or rotate it between yourselves or something like that. I only had one. =c

I love this.
142syz9.jpg

My mom has this weird thing about bisexuals, too. She seems to think that if they end up with someone of the opposite gender, then they actually were straight, or something like that.
I'm straight, yay! -abandons this club-

I think we should take advantage of this club's liveliness while we can by also introducing a few topics:
How do you feel about the way gay or transgender people, or anyone under the LGBT umbrella, are represented in the media? This means sitcoms, the radio, the news, documentaries, magazines, novels, biographies, videogames--whatever it may be. All media.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Thank you all!

@Andy Because its your club >.>
I just didnt really feel like I'd be able to contribute much to the conversation but thought eh stuff it I'll give it my best shot anyways.

@Torn
I think its stupid when parents or teachers for that matter try and push religion on people or into peoples lives. Good to here that your Dad is more accepting though!

@Volti, toujours,
Im not sure my parents have an opinion on Bisexuals, probably dont even know what they are!

@Toujours,
that is a fantastic picture indeed.

How do you feel about the way gay or transgender people, or anyone under the LGBT umbrella, are represented in the media?
I think that usually they are fairly stereotyped, for example a remember a very flamboyant gay advertising boss that Charlie worked for you was gay and I thought it was a little over the top. Same thing with the GCQAC in How I Met Your Mother.
Though I do think HIMYM handles it much better then most considering James isnt a stereotypical gay person and they don't portray him as one at all, hes just a normal human which i think is fantastic! Thats just the sitcoms in that I can remember though.
I think the media is starting to be less discriminative and stereotypical towards people under the LGBT umbrella these days though and I think that it is a very good step forward.

Last edited:

Username_9138

I guess I should tell you all about my crush now. Since you are ALL so NOSY, I will reveal:

He's blond. Aren't they all? He has one blue eye and one brown eye. His face is sooo cute, cause his nose is cute and his lips are cute and...ugh. So sappy.

He's not big, he's not muscular, but he isn't flabby. Not by a long shot. One of his friends picked him up to put him at the end of a line in class, and I got a flash of skin. Soo naughty. >: ) But yeah. I can't describe his cuteness. But when he talks it's like I melt. Except I don't. Hah.

HALP!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I guess I should tell you all about my crush now. Since you are ALL so NOSY, I will reveal:

He's blond. Aren't they all? He has one blue eye and one brown eye. His face is sooo cute, cause his nose is cute and his lips are cute and...ugh. So sappy.

He's not big, he's not muscular, but he isn't flabby. Not by a long shot. One of his friends picked him up to put him at the end of a line in class, and I got a flash of skin. Soo naughty. >: ) But yeah. I can't describe his cuteness. But when he talks it's like I melt. Except I don't. Hah.

HALP!

My god he has different coloured eyes? That is amazing! I can see why you are crushing down so hard on him already.. My question is does he know you are/ is he gay..?

Back