• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
i'm gonna rest for combee 4 now but i'll still be active though.dunno what the reset is but ithink it's around 250. yeah good news for people in england darkrai is coming so it seems i'll be getting one but any ideas if i can SR if possible??thanks and gd luk to all.

Years
i'm gonna rest for combee 4 now but i'll still be active though.dunno what the reset is but ithink it's around 250. yeah good news for people in england darkrai is coming so it seems i'll be getting one but any ideas if i can SR if possible??thanks and gd luk to all.

No, sorry, you can only change the nature and IV's, but it has a lock to prevent shinyness. GL all!

Years
The site ate my last full post, augh. Well to make a long post short I caught a new SHINY! A female Swellow on emerald.
Wow, that's the first new 3rd-gen random encounter shiny in how long?

I'm playing through Sapphire and Leaf Green, so I just might be next! :O

I caught just one shiny Nosepass. Wrong nature and ability. I got fed up with all my chains breaking, and bored with chaining the Yukon Gold Potato Easter Island Statues, so I let the swarm end.

Almost ready to start SRing Kyogre. I caught a good Lapras, but I still need to trade it. Now where's that other GBA?

I am also, for real, going to train some of those shinies I caught and said I'd train but never did. First in line is Mareep, followed by a nonshiny Elekid.

Years
thx SRkid but does it affect the chance of shinyness if i Receive event rather than just a being given one. cause i don't it will.

No, sorry. The only time you can get any event shiny is if you get really lucky, such as Ranger Manaphy (which is a different story) or if you go out to the place and catch it, such as Newmoon Island for Darkrai. The Event is rumored to happen over Wi-Fi some time after we get Platinum.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Wow, that's the first new 3rd-gen random encounter shiny in how long?

I'm playing through Sapphire and Leaf Green, so I just might be next! :O

I caught just one shiny Nosepass. Wrong nature and ability. I got fed up with all my chains breaking, and bored with chaining the Yukon Gold Potato Easter Island Statues, so I let the swarm end.

Almost ready to start SRing Kyogre. I caught a good Lapras, but I still need to trade it. Now where's that other GBA?

I am also, for real, going to train some of those shinies I caught and said I'd train but never did. First in line is Mareep, followed by a nonshiny Elekid.

Why so serious?

I have a Gligar chain at 11. I think I do better if I just go at it normally. If it breaks it breaks. If it does this time and it's because of an armpit-farting Machop, I'm leaving for the route south of Veilstone....

I haven't been able to play much, been busy. I ordered one of these for my birthday. I'll have it at the beginning of next week. It's really early but I figured that if it was 1 day shipping they'd take better care of it..... and I hope UPS brings it. >_>
It left a freaking huge hole in my wallet but when I get birthday money it'll compensate. (It's on the 26th btw if you were wondering).
I love the colors. Never really tried Halo 3 though or any of the games. I'm looking forward more to Street Fighter 4 and NASCAR '09, among whatever Sonic games I can get my hands on. I plan to get Sonic 360 although people claim it's horrible. I love a lot of the Sonic games people hate, so... whatever.

Pokemon will still be one of my top priorities.

Congratulations MM and Ms. Demoonica. It's nice to see you again. I've had many long posts get screwed over. I try to remember to copy everything before I hit that submit button, but of course it strikes when I forget to copy.

edit:
(Mario Party reference, preferably MP2, since one time I got 3 hidden blocks in one game)

You found a Hidden Block!

The Hidden Block contained a Shiny Gligar at a chain of 19!

I'm... ecstatic. I haven't walked into it yet.

Whether or not I'm able to ever get to 40.. When I started this particular chain I felt I could do it. Something felt like it made it easier. I just did what I done in the past.
And then the shiny grass has appeared, and now I'm going to catch my first Shiny Gligar.

edit:
And thus the Shiny Gligar was caught. It's a girl, but I dont care. It has a Jolly nature/likes to run, but I don't care.
Saved, chain continues at 20.
I needed a break anyway lol.

YES!!!!!! =D

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Gratz on the Gligar DDD! I have been gone camping for the past week, but still played a bit of Pokemon. Got me 6 shiny Voltorbs, 1 shiny Flaffy (on chain 20 without a shiny patch...), 1 shiny Skarmory and 2 shiny Shinx. So I am quite happy.

I am planning on going for a shiny sunkern. Yes, sunkern with that patch of grass barely 3x3. I am going to a sunkern chain to 1 and just reset the Pokeradar until I get one. I think it will take less long then soft reseting. I am currently at 1300 radar resets. The good thing about this is, I can stop my chain, get more repels and then come back to get a 1 sunkern chain. No big deal, then I continue reseting. :)

Good luck on the shinies everyone!

Years
Good job, DDD, on capturing the Dark Knight shiny Gligar!

I am proceeding to EV G. Handel, my shiny Mareep. (Like the Baroque music composer. I find the name really cute on it for some reason. :) "All we, like, sheep, have go-o-o-o-one a-stray!")

I've also set up to start SRing on Kyogre. The weak link is probably Sceptile. It usually takes around six turns to get Kyogre to 1HP, and in that time, I'm prone to taking multiple Ice Beams. I can usually do it if I sacrifice my Camerupt to use a Max Revive. Lapras, on the other hand, is unstoppable. No later than I remembered Body Slam's parahax, did I notice that my Lapras knows Safeguard! :) It also seems that two X Accuracies are required to guarantee a hit from Sing.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Good job, DDD, on capturing the Dark Knight shiny Gligar!

I am proceeding to EV G. Handel, my shiny Mareep. (Like the Baroque music composer. I find the name really cute on it for some reason. :) "All we, like, sheep, have go-o-o-o-one a-stray!")

I've also set up to start SRing on Kyogre. The weak link is probably Sceptile. It usually takes around six turns to get Kyogre to 1HP, and in that time, I'm prone to taking multiple Ice Beams. I can usually do it if I sacrifice my Camerupt to use a Max Revive. Lapras, on the other hand, is unstoppable. No later than I remembered Body Slam's parahax, did I notice that my Lapras knows Safeguard! :) It also seems that two X Accuracies are required to guarantee a hit from Sing.

Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? (The original from the '90s is still one of my favorite movies)

One thing I've noticed is how we plan these things out. O.o'

The chain continues.. I think I'm up to 26 - 28, can't remember. I'm keeping a check on it though to make sure I don't mysteriously lose it.
The Gligar I have is an interesting one. Jolly. Likes to run. Female. If it's the only one I get I'm naming it Rayne, as opposed to my male name I was going to give one. My preferred nature is Impish however.

But this will work.

It even has Sand Veil. =)

Good luck everyone.... Just a little more....

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Thanks everyone....

If I go for Gligar again, it'll be later. I want to get some new ones on my list first.

The Gligar I got has amazing IVs though.... At least for a shiny

2/26/22/30/22/30

And yet it still gets scoffed at by those elitist snobs. Oh well. I'll make great use of it.

All I ever play is noobs anyway. =/ Another one went down earlier. He claimed to beat my friend dialga2008 4 times and such.

d'08 said that the guy told him that some of his Pokemon were hacked or something.

Either way I cleaned his clock in orderly fashion. I didn't use my Bronzong right away. I should have. So now I know not to stray away from my strategy. The pointed stones are too important.

I took video and pictures of my turtle today. I plan to release it tomorrow... I can't take care of him properly during the winter. It'll be heartbreaking; I've enjoyed feeding him/her and letting it watch me.... and feeding it. I hand-fed it earlier and took video. I'm going to throw that together later when I'm uploading the battle I just mentioned. The guy's name on YouTube is TristanVassallo. He seems to be not a bad person, and I only know that he has hacked before through dialga2008, so I'm not holding anything against him. My EV trained Pokemon made short work of him.

I'll probably "make short work" of a bunch more people, and then get started on my 31st shiny with perfect timing: It only comes out at night.

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years
well once again i have nothing new, im still on my quest for a PC HO-OH. And im half way there, but have not attained any new shinies. Congrats to everybody elses new shinies, i have been thinking what to hunt once i get my HO-OH if i can SR for a shiny one i might just do that. Happy hunting to all!

EDIT: i have now officially returned to shiny hunting after finally achieving my HO-OH. i figure i am going to start things off again by chaining something simple, perhaps glameow.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
Hey guys. I hav been hunting Snorunts lately. Got my cahin to 38 yesterday to have it break at 39 -.- I was so mad, I could of ripped my DS apart. But anyways, I got it back to 40 after that and i'm at 10 shinies so far. I have a timid sychronizer, so i'm hopping to have a great female one for a good Frosslass. Good luck everyone!

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Hey guys!! I'm still alive ^_^
haven't really had anything to post because I haven't played pokemon in forever...no time really... although the other day I did chain some dunsparce....thought I'd get lucky since I was watching a dunsparce pokemon episode but naw no luck. anyways I have the afternoon off today and then a nice drive out to ikea to buy stuff for my new apartment (yay moving out of my parents!! well I did move out last year too but I lived in res...this year I finally have my own place) anyways so I should have a chance to chain then. Hopefully I'll have something exciting to tell you ^_^

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Hey peoples! Today I Just woke up and I couldnt get back to sleep so I started chaining Cubone cuz it was the swarm pokemon, and I <3 em! lol
I have the chain up to fourty and I got me a Adamant synch, im prepared. Im hoping to get more than 1 shiny outta this chain. Ill post results later.

Years
Good luck with cubone! I've been hammering down on Uxie and now I'm at about 12,000 resets. The damn thing just won't show up. Good luck all!

Back