• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpenter

Eternal Inferno
Years
why not have bigger pokemon centers that hold about 1000-150 perople and have difrent "worlds" (like on runescape) for more people that way you coul#d have about 800 people per world and have quite abit of space left over in the centers
eg:
if their are 12 centers in the regon that would hold about 1200 people so you will have 400 free spaces left that way people will not haveto wait long to heal
i drew a picture 2 show what i mean
also, how are you gonna interact with objects with clicking on em with the mouce, by key-press or sumthing else

Robbie

Kitty'll eat you :o
Years
Peekimon said:
This game REALLY looks promising!!!
I want to see it finished!
I would like to make a suggestion if that's OK with you:
The ability to customize your character to your needs,
ie: How the Top looks, accessories, gender, etc.

Anyway, Keep up the GREAT Work!!!!

^^ Thanks. Players will be able to choose their gender from the very start - clothing I'm not so keen on as it would take a lot of work to get it working properly, and it's not something I want to include in the first version. Probably later on once I've got all the more important things such as the battle engine working correctly.

serpenter said:
why not have bigger pokemon centers that hold about 1000-150 perople and have difrent "worlds" (like on runescape) for more people that way you coul#d have about 800 people per world and have quite abit of space left over in the centers
eg:
if their are 12 centers in the regon that would hold about 1200 people so you will have 400 free spaces left that way people will not haveto wait long to heal
i drew a picture 2 show what i mean
also, how are you gonna interact with objects with clicking on em with the mouce, by key-press or sumthing else

I'm going to have different kinds of Pok?mon Center. For the smaller islands, the centers will be smaller, perhaps with a single Nurse Joy, whereas on the larger islands, the centers will have two or three nurses there.

The mouse will be used to interact with objects such as menus and inventories. It will be entirely different from the Gameboy games in that respect.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
You probably already thought of this but why don't you have the player be able to choose any trainer (biker, hiker etc) instead of different clothing. Well I guess it's up to you how you do it. Anyway I like the idea of an online pokemon game.

mattgcn

Fakemon Lurker
Years
You do realise that if they could choose anything that you'd have to make all the animations (Surfing, fishing etc.) for all those types of trainers?

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
This is so awsome, I already registered on your site, but was deleted right after it :P .
If this is (part) done I really donna play this.

Keep up that good work.

Robbie

Years
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to apologise for the extreme lack of updates on this project x.x I -am- working on it, but it's going slower than anticipated. Therefore, so that everyone has something to play whilst I'm working on the battling and stuff, I'm going to eventually release a playable beta version where you can walk around, use the shops, talk to people and do some things like take photographs of Pok?mon you encounter and various other activities before I introduce battling (which is a mammoth undertaking in itself, especially in an online environment where you have to account for two players rather than one).

I'll post again when I've got something more to show. The site is down at the moment, so you can't play the demo that I had up there.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Being game makers ourselves, most of us can appreciate the amount of work required at making something. So when progress goes a bit slow we all understand. I'll be looking forward to play the demo when you get the site back up though.

Danke Hote

Weber Hylian
Years
did you knoe theres a gamemaking pogram that's called RPG 2003 and then there's the sequel RPG 2005. I've made a few games on them but I had to r34^^at my hard drive so I lost the programs. they're really easy and simple to use too.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Double posting is against the rules please don't do it again. That is also extremely off topic, we all know about RM2K3, in fact most games on this forum are made with it.

Robbie

Years
Danke Hote said:
did you knoe theres a gamemaking pogram that's called RPG 2003 and then there's the sequel RPG 2005. I've made a few games on them but I had to r34^^at my hard drive so I lost the programs. they're really easy and simple to use too.

I have three programs in the RPG Maker series, and whilst they're great programs, they're pretty much useless for this project. As far as I'm aware, there's absolutely no way for RPG Maker to create online games, which is exactly what this game is - online. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Robbie, but, I think that RMXP could make online games, but, it would be much harder...

Robbie

Years
Peekimon said:
Robbie, but, I think that RMXP could make online games, but, it would be much harder...

It can? That's interesting.. but I think I'll stick with Multimedia Fusion for this one. I'll have to take a look at RMXP someday, I've only ever really played around with 95, 2000 and 2003.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Years
Well, it is possible to make an online game in RMXP, but, it would be more difficult.
There is an online game being made in RMXP.Net by RMXP.

charmandereleonzard#2

Call me Krishnan, Please
Years
Yea it's true Peekimon, the script for making the game online is a little hard to find and if you try to do it yourself well you might destroy the core of RMXP or the game. *I am not saying you shouldn't try.

Robbie

Years
Wow, it's been a while since I've posted in this thread, huh? Just thought I'd give you all a little update on what's going on with the project.

I'm still working on it, so don't think that it's been cancelled or anything. Making a Pok?mon game, especially an online one requires a lot of work, and planning. I've mostly been spending time planning what I want the game to be rather than actually making it, but now, I'd started up development again, and I'm happy to say it's going quite well.

Below are three screenshots of what it looks like now:

one.gif
two.gif
three.gif

As you can see from the images, players will be able to play as either the girl or the boy from Fire Red/Leaf Green. The first screenshot shows a battle - this is just a placeholder. Battles aren't working yet, and I don't expect them to be released in the first beta. All screens such as the Pok?Dex, player profiles etc will appear in those small windows above the game. I think this looks a little better than having it take up the entire screen.

The biggest change I've made to the game is that it will now be a downloadable game, rather than being played in the web browser. Having it in a browser imposed too many limits on what I could do, and quite simply, I didn't like that. So, players will now have to download the game before they play.

Sorry for the lack of updates about Pok?Online. I'll be sure to post a lot more in future.

To MODs: Could someone change the title of this thread to "Pok?Online", please? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back