• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Levelling shiny Pokemon? Waste of time?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jun 30, 2019
I'm wondering if it's worth it to be leveling up shiny Pokémon. I only level up fully evolved shinies. So if i chose to evolve them, i would level them up to 50. If they have any of these criteria, they are NOT leveled up.

Criteria:

-Underleveled (such as Lv9-11 Salamence, Lv10-54 Dragonite, Lv40 Volcarona, Lv16 Magmar, etc.)

-Not fully evolved (keep them at their current level)

I level them to level 50. If they evolve higher than 50, (such as Bisharp) I go to the nearest 5. Such as 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, etc...

If the target Pokemon evolved on level 52, I level it to 55.

Is this possibly a waste of time and resources to be doing this? Could it also make the shiny Pokémon not as good?

Thanks. Would you do this?

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
I'm wondering if it's worth it to be leveling up shiny Pok?mon. I only level up fully evolved shinies. So if i chose to evolve them, i would level them up to 50. If they have any of these criteria, they are NOT leveled up.

Criteria:

-Underleveled (such as Lv9-11 Salamence, Lv10-54 Dragonite, Lv40 Volcarona, Lv16 Magmar, etc.)

-Not fully evolved (keep them at their current level)

I level them to level 50. If they evolve higher than 50, (such as Bisharp) I go to the nearest 5. Such as 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, etc...

If the target Pokemon evolved on level 52, I level it to 55.

Is this possibly a waste of time and resources to be doing this? Could it also make the shiny Pok?mon not as good?

Thanks. Would you do this?

In a totally not rude tone of voice, you are putting far to much effort in to that. Why even have a shiny if you aren't going to use it? and if you are using it for trading, than you probably should level them up to 100 that will lower their worth in my opinion. I would rather get to level up my own shiny pokemon than get a level 100 one, all though in that case, it is obnoxious to level them up given how much I hate actually battling (I know, I am the idiot who doesn't enjoy in game battling) It really only depends on your preference. after all they are your shinies. Also! if you have a shiny salamence that is underleveled keep it that way if your going to trade it. It's reeaally cool to have an underleveled shiny pokemon. Hope this helped!

Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 17, 2019
I personally was never too invested into shiny Pokemon. From what I'm aware of, there isn't a stat difference between shiny and normal. So the only reason I can think of to catch and raise shinies is to collect them, or to have a recolored version of your pal to be different. Unless you plan on battling them, it does seem like a waste to me to take the time to level them up.

--But honestly, if you're having fun with it, then it doesn't really matter.

Years
My thoughts are pretty much the same as Foxshiro's here and, to an extent, Calzone's. Some people catch shiny Pokemon for the sake of collecting them and I think that's fine. Personally, I try to train them up as much as I can, much like any other Pokemon. I think it's nice sending them out in battle and seeing those sparkle animations and whatnot. :> That's just me, though.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I don't think anything is a 'waste of time' if it interests you ;) (i've always REALLY hated the 'waste of/wasting time' term....*shutter*)

Pokemon training is kinda just really neat cuz even if theres not a lot of stratagy to it compared to stuff like competitive battling (cept maybe, somewhat, when you're winning the game?), theres something rewarding in general about rpg characters just going up in level and getting stronger.

Last edited:

Darkpoké0011

User of the Dark-Type
Years
I wouldn't level up a shiny unless I was planning on using it at some point really. No point in levelling up for the sake of it as a lower level would be generally more valuable (if the intention is to trade it).

Last edited:
Back