• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Baphomet in Little rock

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I'm surprised is hasn't been brought up yet. So on Thursday the 16th (I believe it was) a Satue of Paphomet was dropped off in Little Rock to protest the Christian religions 10 commandments monument. This left many Christians furious and lots demanded it to be removed. Non Christians begun to say it's their 'freedom of religion' and that if they can't have this statue then all monuments should be removed. It was later removed but the debates been hot here in America.
What's your Guy's thoughts on this?
I personally find it comical freedoms exist unless it goes against your beliefs. Here's the link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-jason-rapert-ten-commandments-a8495576.html

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
I really don't care as long as no one tries sacrificing anything to it, which I doubt anyone will since it's most probably a form of LaVeyan satanists' mockery of religion, and not actual devil worshipping.

Even if it is devil worshipping, though, I really couldn't care less, as I said - as long as no one tries to do crazy shit in the name of their beliefs.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'm surprised is hasn't been brought up yet. So on Thursday the 16th (I believe it was) a Satue of Paphomet was dropped off in Little Rock to protest the Christian religions 10 commandments monument. This left many Christians furious and lots demanded it to be removed. Non Christians begun to say it's their 'freedom of religion' and that if they can't have this statue then all monuments should be removed. It was later removed but the debates been hot here in America.
I personally find it comical freedoms exist unless it goes against your beliefs. Here's the link.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...t-jason-rapert-ten-commandments-a8495576.html

It is comical, because they are the first people to sound off when someone suggests that you say "happy holidays" to non christians, or if someone dares to suggest state and religion should be separate.

Vragon2.0

Say it with me (Vray-gun)
Years

It's essentially hypocrisy and a failure to translate the actual the actual religious freedoms to a smaller religion. Whether the statue can get confirmed to stay by the city council and that is another topic, but they shouldn't call that it can "never" happen when it's fairly obvious it's well within the religious freedom to do it.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
it gets even better really, given that there's a monument of the Ten Commandments on the Arkansas state capitol grounds and the government has made no move to remove that from the capitol grounds

and then on top of that, Rapert says he respects the right of religious freedom and all that, but calls the Baphomet statue "offensive" and labels the protesters "extremists"

like lmao really?

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
it gets even better really, given that there's a monument of the Ten Commandments on the Arkansas state capitol grounds and the government has made no move to remove that from the capitol grounds

and then on top of that, Rapert says he respects the right of religious freedom and all that, but calls the Baphomet statue "offensive" and labels the protesters "extremists"

like lmao really?

its typical Christians really. It's hypocritical to say there's freedom of religion but say the statue is blasphemous. that's exactly what he's saying. I don't see how the two coincide. What's more hysterical about this whole thing is the comments some of the Christians are making about this statue. Lots are basically shoving their beliefs down throats like they're religions the only religion that matters. Saying how lost the non believers are and that you're a bad person and deserve to burn in hell if you agree with that statue. That you MUST accept Jesus in your heart as your lord and savior. That's what I find so sickening about lots of Christians. They can't accept we have freedom of religion. Freedom of religion doesn't exist when you go against their beliefs. What's more hilarious is they use bible verses as proof of God :laugh-squinted: and that they demand the statue to be removed and or destroyed because Its against their beliefs and that America is a nation under "God". Shit like this is why I hate the idea of religion and why religions a cancer that's gone out of hand. I myself believe hell was created by the church to put fear into them and make money tax free and I don't believe in the devil or a magical man in the sky cause religion was created to keep us separated. I believe God is energy and you can communicate with this God through your higher self (DMT). That's my opinion tho, I just find it hard to believe any religions belief system.

Back