• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Hey, that would be great! We're always looking for helpers. Please PM me or post on the thread saying what you can do and we'll try and get you on the team as soon as possible. Although we won't have a beta for ages, we really need spriters so thanks.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@KingCharizard: It's alright, that was still quite helpfull and thanks for the sympathy...

@piarich: It'll be fine and you're already doing a lot ;)

@PokéStorm: I know and yes it will!

@chimchar5: Well a sprite polisher would be very usefull, I'll pm you. The beta's a while off but you can test that when it eventually is finished.

Update, mainly on updates.

First off I've changed the front page a little to look a bit better, and no, it's certainly not copying off another thread in the games showcase ;)
Now maps, I'm pretty sure Dew will have finished redoing all of the tiles by now so as soon as he pms back I can start work on remaking all of the maps. With completely new tiles! If I get the tiles by today expect an update with all maps late today or early tommorow. And yes, I won't be sleeping.

Oh and, happy late christmas and new year to everyone :)

Suger

Legendary Pokemon of Sweets
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
It looks interesting. But, the text on the front page is a little hard to read beause it's very similar to the colors of the background... >>

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Sugar: Thanks. And I'll change the front page if a couple more people complain. For now, you can always highlite it.

Update:
I promised revamps of all the maps but sadly that is no longer possible. I won't go into the details for both of our reputations, but I'll just say, Dew is no longer XENOTIME's tile artist.

So that means
Pokémon XENOTIME needs a tile artist!
If you would like to be XENOTIME's tile artist, and think that you could make tiles just as good as on the front page, then please pm me.

Years
I've finished the menu script and PM'd you Peeky Chew :)
I won't show off the screenie here because it's your thread and your choice whether to reveal it now or in the next update :P
Anyways, hope you like it ^^

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Does that mean you want to be the tile artist? Cool.
As head of storyline, I've been devising side-quests for catching legendaries with my colleague Link16 and have talked with Peeky about them. Expect some small updates from me soon too about the storyline and if there's something you're not sure of about the storyline, feel free to ask me. We have made a quest to catch Mewtwo and Peeky is in the process of mapping the dungeon so that should come soon, and I will talk about others to him whenever we next talk. Stay tuned guys.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Yeah, Crazyninjaguy's the scripter, not tile artist xD

Update on update:
The sidequest pikarich mentioned will be included in the update (a description of it only, not screens) along with revamps of Kindle woods, Kindlewood town and Larcoon town. I've also just completed the heros home town, so that'll be there. The male main character has nearly been finished, I'm just waiting for the final edit to be sent to me by nimmy23. The maps on the front page will be replaced by in-game screenshots. And I'm sure you'll all really like the new menu interface.

Update on demo:
The game has now past the planning stages and I'm seriously starting work on the demo now. A lot of the maps are already completed for it, only one more town and two routes are needed. The gym leader sprites, female main character and proffessor need sprited. And of course all of the eventing and building interiors needs done. The demo will include the first three gyms, expect it in a couple months.

For now, a teaser screen (at nightime), forgive the default sprite:
Kindlewoodsnight.png

Why is it blue?!

Last edited:

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
lol i think the tree had one too many blue berries and needs a umpa lumap to carry it away singing an ignorant song... lmao aside from that I say the same leaves shadow/fog and its kool but kinda hard on the eyes in my opinion...

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
The tree is blue for a special reason. When one half of Larcoon was flooded, the spell changed some vegetation blue. lol

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Wow the picture looks great. Now you have me wondering why it is blue.

zane203

Zetsumei barer
Years
talented people everywhere =O but i really cant fully say this because of the starter kit. Non the less it an item is used only as well as the user. =]

keep it up mate xD

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
@zane203 ?????
The tree is blue because of something we can't say. Between me and Peeky. All will be revealed in the demo.

Last edited:

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@KingCharizard: Lol. And it was taken at night, that's why it's a bit contrast heavy.

@CrazyNinjaGuy: Thank you. And it isn't to do with Honey trees.

@pikarich: Spell... well I guess you could say that...

@Wind Gale: Thanks. All will be revealed soon.

@zane203: Thanks... I think xD

Update:
The main character sprite was finally completed, by me though, since my spriter isn't replying. So that means I can finally show you allof the new screens from new and updated maps! As well as that, there's the amazingly brilliant menu system by CrazyNinjaGuy. For now, it's only the start of it, but inside it will look quite similar to the HG/SS one, just on one screen.
Here's the screens:

kindlewoodsscreen1.png

You can see glimpses of the players starting town as well as the new menu system. All other maps have been heavily updated and I've added nice new clouds. The sprite is by Godlytion and edited by Nimmy23 and me. I did notice the error on the top center one. Comments?

As well as all of this, the front page has been updated to be a lot more friendly on the eyes, after Sugar complained, then a few other people...
It look a lot nicer too, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
This is a fantastic update. I am glad to see this game is still coming along. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back