• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Flipping and rotating blocks in Advance Map?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 17, 2018
Hello,
This may seem like a dumb question, but this is my first time editing a map in Advance Map so go easy on me. I was playing around editing the Pallet Town map in Fire Red, and decided to expand the water area, but when I look at the tile set, there are parts missing to tile the bottom half of the water and sand and I can't find them even when I loaded other tile sets from different towns. In the block editor, I can flip tiles, but not blocks and I can't seem to find the actual tiles that make up the water/sand blocks even when I export the tile set and open it in Paint. I feel like I'm missing something here? Is there some keyboard shortcut I can use to flip the block when pasting it onto the map? I've searched the form and google but can't find any info on this. Have attached a picture so you can see what I mean, the selected block is the one I need flipped!
Cheers.

Attachments

• Screenshot at 2018-10-16 12-17-36.png
    Screenshot at 2018-10-16 12-17-36.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 18
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 3, 2023
I guess what you can do is expand the number of blocks, then remake the block you want to flip, then just start flipping the tiles until you get what you want. And don't forget to add the appropiate behavior and/or background byte as well.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 15
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 17, 2018
I guess what you can do is expand the number of blocks, then remake the block you want to flip, then just start flipping the tiles until you get what you want. And don't forget to add the appropiate behavior and/or background byte as well.

Ah! Thankyou so much! So just create a new block onto the tile set that way and save it? Awesome, I'll give it a go. Didn't figure out that changing the palette would give me the correct tiles either derp derp. Cheers dude.

Back