• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] "Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
Years
opened up four booster packs today that i bought from wal-mart (primal clash, roaring skies, and the new sun and moon guardians rising deck). unfortunately, i didn't get good pulls out of the guardians rising packs, but i did pull a full art aggron ex from the primal clash pack. i'm gonna try to buy more guardians rising packs so i can pull an alolan form ninetales gx. ninetales is my favorite pokemon soooo i would really. like that lmao

Years
Opened a few Japanese packs that my brother picked up at A-Kon and used to pay me back for gas and hotel money.

In two SM2L packs, I pulled Chandelure, Trevenant, and Garbodor.

In three 1st Edition XY11 packs, I pulled Yveltal BREAK, Yveltal, and Pokemon Ranger.

Also, late with these, but I picked up two DEX 63/108 Darkrai EX, a full art Steven, FA Iris, and FA Skyla as singles at A-Kon as well.

Years
Opened a GRI 3 pack promo blister with the Vikavolt.

Pack 1: reverse holo Supernatural Dance Oricorio, Mimikyu, Energy Loto (white back code card)
Pack 2: reverse holo Altar of the Sunne, Vital Dance Oricorio, Rescue Stretcher (green back code card)
Pack 3: gold Enhanced Hammer, Rescue Stretcher

Was not expecting that Enhanced Hammer. Pic of it: http://i.imgur.com/yEi7I1N.jpg

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Picked up a Tsareena promo blister with just one booster in it, because dem legs. The booster pack was Guardians Rising. I pulled a reverse holo Salandit, blah, an Energy Lotto, and a Rayquaza, which is probably the most notable thing in the pack. Looking the card over, it is remarkably versatile in terms of deck building from what I can tell. It has a solid attack and a way to pull energy from the discard which is all pretty friggin sweet! Wish it had a bit more HP though.

Years
Picked up a Lunala Sun & Moon ETB last weekend, and just got a chance to open and post it today.

Pack 1: reverse holo Incineroar, Masquerain, Timer Ball, Ultra Ball
Pack 2: Bruxish, Rare Candy, Hau
Pack 3: reverse holo Palossand, Shiinotic, Big Malasada
Pack 4: normal rare Decidueye, Crushing Hammer
Pack 5: reverse holo Tsareena, Cloyster, Repel, Timer Ball
Pack 6: reverse holo Timer Ball, Solgaleo GX, Switch, Pyukummuku
Pack 7: reverse holo Great Ball, Toucannon, Exp. Share, Lillie
Pack 8: Bewear, Araquanid, Professor Kukui

Not a great ETB, but not completely terrible, either.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 28, 2017
Hey Everyone!

I used to collect Pokemon cards back in 1999 for a few years as a kid and just recently got back into collecting, I was fortunate enough to get my hands on a sealed 1999 Jungle Booster Box in amazing condition. All corners are flawless and still sealed, checkout the un-boxing of it and let me know what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I went to my only Burning Shadows prerelease earlier today.

Here's a summary of the notable pulls for new Burning Shadows cards between the Prerelease kit, the 3 packs I won, and the 10 packs I bought.

Pokemon:
1x Pre-release promo Zygarde
4x Seviper (for Poison damage cheese in casual matches depending on how the Ability stacks)
2x Ribombee (for casual Energy Accerlation)
3x Meowstic
2x Toxicroak
1x Lycanroc
1x reverse holo Eelektross
1x Shiinotic
1x Alolan Ninetales
1x Palossand
1x reverse holo Turtonator
1x Bewear
1x Slowking
1x Araquanid
1x Scolipede
1x Kingdra
1x reverse holo Diancie
1x Darkrai
1x Passimian
1x Electivire
1x Persian
1x Charizard GX

Trainers:
3x Po Town
3x Lana
3x Weakness Policy
3 x Super Scoop Up (1 reverse holo)
2x Rotom Dex Poke Finder Mode
2x Escape Rope
2x Sophocles
2x Olivia (1 reverse holo)
2x Tormenting Spray
1x Plumeria
1x Wishful Baton
1x Acerola
1x reverse holo Guzma

Not really a great haul for opening 16 packs.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I only the Espeon box recently, the best card I got was the Espen and Umbreon promo in the front of the box. Wish they'd put the pins in cheaper products. Or at least filled them with newer packs.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 30, 2017
Dude...I totally Just opened the Best Shiny Koko Box On YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Opened a login bonus pack of Sun & Moon on the TCGO.

Pack had some pretty good contents: Crushing Hammer, reverse holo Shiinotic, aand a Lurantis GX. Not a great GX, but with how limited my collection is on the TCGO, I could make it work.

I only the Espeon box recently, the best card I got was the Espen and Umbreon promo in the front of the box. Wish they'd put the pins in cheaper products. Or at least filled them with newer packs.

Bummer on the pulls. I do hate when that happens.

Dude...I totally Just opened the Best Shiny Koko Box On YouTube

That's actually some pretty crazy luck. Also, FYI, the code cards are completely random in terms of pack contents on the TCGO.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Well I got the Umbreon box today, I was able to price match it and had a 5 dollar off coupon so I guess I can feel better about getting 6 non holo rares a second time.

Also paying 30 dollars for a pin. I really wish Pokemon would go back to making pin 3 packs instead of these 40-50 dollar packs.

Years
Just redeemed a Pikachu Battle Heart tin code. Gave me a Pikachu EX deck and all its contents are tradeable.

Well I got the Umbreon box today, I was able to price match it and had a 5 dollar off coupon so I guess I can feel better about getting 6 non holo rares a second time.

Also paying 30 dollars for a pin. I really wish Pokemon would go back to making pin 3 packs instead of these 40-50 dollar packs.

Maybe it's just my imagination, but I still do see pin 3 packs at Target, though those might be older stock for older sets.

But $40-$50 sets? I would've thought the pins were getting thrown in the $20 or $30 boxes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Right now Pokemon is releasing them in these 40-50 dollar boxes, m Tyranitar, m Camerupt, m Beedrill, Espeon, Umbreon, Crobat, the Alola starters and coming up the Kanto starters.

They did put the Johto dogs and the Kanto birds into 3 pack blisters, but a majority of these pins are only available in the big packs that come with 6 packs, only 2 are the current set, a jumbo card and a promo or two. Think in the future I might look into buying them on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back