• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokémon Trainer Academy(OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This is the OOC page to The Pokémon Trainer Academy RP. In this thread, there are information on all the trainers taking part, such as their teams and their items. All information aside to the RP must be placed in here, so that the main thread doesn't get cluttered up.
For example, if you have a writers block and want to develop a plot for your next post, you could post this here. You could also discuss what Pokemon you'd catch next and what could happen on the next route.
Basically, discuss anything about your character that are happening or are going to happen, as if it were a sort of 'behind the scenes' thread.

Plot:
Spoiler:

Setting
Scenes from several locations of Oak Island location of The Trainer Academy.
Spoiler:

Wild Pokemon
Spoiler:

Battlefields
Spoiler:

Available Classes
Spoiler:

Dorms
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Accepted Roleplayers
Spoiler:

Rules
Spoiler:

Player Profiles
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
I will post the Mythology Curriculum here:

Unit 1: Introduction to Legendaries

Lesson 1: What is a Legendary?
Lesson 2: Where do they come from?
Lesson 3: How do they influence our World?
Lesson 4: Unit Review

Unit Test

Unit 2: Kanto Unit
Lesson 1: Introduction
Lesson 2: The Legendary birds
Lesson 3: The Mew Duo
Lesson 4: Unit Review

Unit Test

Unit 3: Johto Unit
Lesson 2: Legendary Beasts
Lesson 3: Tower Duo
Lesson 4: Celebi
Lesson 5: Unit Review

Unit Test

Unit 4: Hoenn Unit
Lesson 2: Legendary Golems & Regigigas
Lesson 3: Eon Duo
Lesson 4: Weather Trio
Lesson 5: Jirachi
Lesson 6: Deoxys
Lesson 7: Unit Review

Unit Test

Unit 5: Sinnoh Unit
Lesson 1: Lake Guardians
Lesson 2: Creation Trio
Lesson 3: Lunar Trio
Lesson 4: Sea Guardians
Lesson 5: Shaymin
Lesson 6: Heatran
Lesson 7: Arceus
Lesson 8: Unit Review

Unit Test

Unit 6: Unova
Lesson 1: Victini
Lesson 2: Musketeer Trio
Lesson 3: Kami Trio
Lesson 4: Tao Trio
Lesson 5: Meloetta & Genesect
Lesson 6: Unit Review

Unit Test

------------------------------------------------------

Final Exam Review

Final Exam

Last edited:

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Hey jackblaze, I suggest NOT limiting teachers to Dorms, since there is a lack of them, I say that the three RPing teachers are able to teach all dorms, otherwise there is not going to be much interaction between students and teachers.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm sort of getting irritated because some roleplayers are being a bit mary-sueish, if you get what I mean.

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I know, but I think if I just wait and see if it continues. Don't want to seem to harsh. And no, not personality wise, just event-wise.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
I know what you mean. You are talking about Makbets, right? Makbets, you shouldn't be having an encounter in your dorm room. I think you should delete that part.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I know what you mean. You are talking about Makbets, right? Makbets, you shouldn't be having an encounter in your dorm room. I think you should delete that part.
Maybe not as far as delete it but edit it a little. I just didn't want to go too far as to actually offend anyone, I am sort of too cautious in that sense.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Its not offending, and it's not mary sueish, I think its simply god modding, since everything is going his way. So, either Makbets edits it, or I'll go in and defeat the Pokemon, since you cannot be battling wild Pokemon like that in an Academy. jackblaze will tell us when you can encounter wild Pokemon.

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
As far as battles go, there may need to be some rules in place so that battles can be fairly determined by everyone and not just have every Pokemon be super defensive and be able to avoid every attack.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
As far as battles go, there may need to be some rules in place so that battles can be fairly determined by everyone and not just have every Pokemon be super defensive and be able to avoid every attack.
I agree, I think the recevier should decide if the attack hits but can't avoid every atttack if you get the gist.

Example:

Me: Nathan's piplup used icy wind at the teahcer's Absol.
Other Roleplayer: They have two options either let it do somewhat any damage or evade/defend agasint it etc.

- Absol jumped up swiftly avoiding the attack.
- As Absol jumped up it was too late, absol was frozen by the chilling wind.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Of course there is a rule. No Godmodding means that only, that you cannot dodge every move, or be perfect, winning everything.

Curious is right. That's how Player vs. Player battles go.

Oh, and there is a Legendary on the island? There was no mention of that in the plot...

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
Of course there is a rule. No Godmodding means that only, that you cannot dodge every move, or be perfect, winning everything.

The receiver can decide if it hits or not, but that doesn't mean both battle participants will allow their Pokemon to get hit or to lose. Both Pokemon could just end up avoiding or absorbing every single attack and it could go on forever, neither side giving an inch.

There may need to be some sort of referee (the GM or teachers IMO) to decide battles.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

Curious is right. That's how Player vs. Player battles go.

Oh, and there is a Legendary on the island? There was no mention of that in the plot...

That is if you refer to the rules.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
The receiver can decide if it hits or not, but that doesn't mean both battle participants will allow their Pokemon to get hit or to lose. Both Pokemon could just end up avoiding or absorbing every single attack and it could go on forever, neither side giving an inch.

There may need to be some sort of referee (the GM or teachers IMO) to decide battles.

That's what the GM, the OOC, and the other players (partly XD) are for. If you think that a Pokemon is constantly dodging or not fainting, then you can post here, or inform the GM. The GM will decide whether or not it was god modding. Its a standard rule of RPing, that in a PvP battle, the reciever decides whether or not the attack hits.

@ Curious
What? I don't understand....What if you refer to the rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back