• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Gen Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
And if you don't have access to wifi/gts/eetc then you can just use the EV-reducing berries to set them back to zero.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
When will I be able to trade Pokemon in HeartGold? Like, there's that c-gear or whatever it is called in BW, when will I have access to something of the sort in HG? And get my FC?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
When will I be able to trade Pokemon in HeartGold? Like, there's that c-gear or whatever it is called in BW, when will I have access to something of the sort in HG? And get my FC?
You can't trade until you get the Pokedex at Mr. Pokemon's house from Prof. Oak and you also have to have 2 or more Pokemon with you.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
I have Pokedex and can go to union room, but isn't it only for trading with your friends near you? I mean, I can't register friend codes anywhere?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Do you have a Pal Pad yet? If not, go downstairs in any Pokemon Center, and a woman will give you one.

Union Room is only for nearby trading, and there's another room for W-Fi trading. You'll just need the Pal Pad first to register friend codes.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
How can you catch a Shinx? It's in Serebii under the title "Radio Pokemon", so do you have to wait till you get the radio and info of a swarm? You know, kinda like in Black where you can find certain Pokemon only during swarms? Or is it just very rare and you can catch one if you try long enough?

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
Years
How can you catch a Shinx? It's in Serebii under the title "Radio Pokemon", so do you have to wait till you get the radio and info of a swarm? You know, kinda like in Black where you can find certain Pokemon only during swarms? Or is it just very rare and you can catch one if you try long enough?
In DPPt you can catch Shinx on some early routes (202, 203 and 204 I think). In HGGS you have to use Sinnoh Sound (it's a channel in radio, it's available after you get the National Pokédex) on some routes, but I don't remember which ones.

Years
Hey Musharna to get shinx you need to turn the PokéGear Radio onto the Pokémon March station on a Thursday and you will start to hear the song of the Sinnoh versions and while the pokegear is playing it you have to walk for the routes 29, 33, 36, 37, 38, 39, 46, 48 and the National Park in Johto or in Kanto for the routes 2,3,5,7,8,11,14,15,16,17,18. But to get the sinnoh sound obviusly you need to beat the Pokemon League first.

Hey guys i will like to know how to get cyndaquil in my Heartgold game cause my first pokemon was Totodile and later i get Chikorita through GTS trade but i can't seek Cyndaquil because i don't even see it, so if anyone could help me with this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2011
GYM LEADER PRYCE`s LOCATION

Where I Can Find Gym Leader Pryce I Can`t Find It IN JOHTO Plss Answer........ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE:)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mahogany Town, to the right of Ecruteak. You need Surf to get there, or you can traverse through Mt. Mortar. Please use a Q&A thread located in the gaming forums, though. This isn't the right place.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Juuuust gonna move this right over here to the help thread for Gen 4.
Please pay attention to to where you post things, and to the area names and descriptions before posting a question thread.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
hey guys, plz answer me. I am Playing PkMn Platinum, All I am asking is simple...Is it me or the trainers were leveled up? They seem a bit stronger, my PkMns come to faint, while they never did in PkMn Diamond. I know, I didn't put an effort in training in Platinum as I did in Diamond but C'mon not that bad...

funrush

How's it going?
Years
Is there any scale as to which the friendship app for the Poketch works? If so, what is it? (Ex. __ happiness level = 1 small heart).

bobandbill

one more time
Years
hey guys, plz answer me. I am Playing PkMn Platinum, All I am asking is simple...Is it me or the trainers were leveled up? They seem a bit stronger, my PkMns come to faint, while they never did in PkMn Diamond. I know, I didn't put an effort in training in Platinum as I did in Diamond but C'mon not that bad...
I felt that Platinum trainers also had a bit smarter AI or leastways it felt their Pokemon had a better movepool to work with. Gym laders also have improved rosters. I don't think levels differ much though with normal trainers if at all, bar in obvious cases (e.g. the fact you take on the ghost-type gym far earlier in Platinum than in DPPt and how that may affect other trainers around there too as a result). Mind you even a little bit of grinding can make a fair bit of difference in cases.
Is there any scale as to which the friendship app for the Poketch works? If so, what is it? (Ex. __ happiness level = 1 small heart).
I do not recall the scale but I do know that 2 full hearts means they're at max happiness, and two hearts means you can evolve them if they require happiness to do so.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
If I encounter Uxie, then Run Away, will I be able to fight him again? I am playing platinum, I did it, returned to the cave and he wasn't there. Are there circumstances?

funrush

How's it going?
Years
I felt that Platinum trainers also had a bit smarter AI or leastways it felt their Pokemon had a better movepool to work with. Gym laders also have improved rosters. I don't think levels differ much though with normal trainers if at all, bar in obvious cases (e.g. the fact you take on the ghost-type gym far earlier in Platinum than in DPPt and how that may affect other trainers around there too as a result). Mind you even a little bit of grinding can make a fair bit of difference in cases.
I do not recall the scale but I do know that 2 full hearts means they're at max happiness, and two hearts means you can evolve them if they require happiness to do so.
Okay, thanks. I was asking because, in Platinum, I'm trying to evolve my Budew into Roselia. It's Level 17 so it can't learn any more moves until it evolves.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If I encounter Uxie, then Run Away, will I be able to fight him again? I am playing platinum, I did it, returned to the cave and he wasn't there. Are there circumstances?

If you ran from Uxie, you can face it again after defeating the Elite 4. Same goes for other legendaries.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Allow me to clarify something: I already beaten the E4, Then I went to Uxie then ran away. If I battle the E4 again , he will appear again too? And is the case the same if I killed it?

Yes; Platinumdude already stated that in his answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back