• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Well, as you can see I'm kinda busy with that, so that's all I'll be saying probably this whole week ToT

Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Bu bu bu but....no.:'( Shiny Gold is my life.

XD but not really.0_0
Anyway, good luck with the whole scripting the phone booth, I know with the time you're putting into this it really is going to be a great feature.

Smile.jpg
YUP! If zel can pull the phone booth through, then this would be the greatest hack ever made in history!

Happy.jpg
Good luck, zel! And happy hacking to all hackers!

Surprised3.jpg
I can't wait for this hack to be finished! But take your time!!! Good luck again!
Smile.jpg

Gerri Shin

  
Years
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
concerning the phone booths does that mean you will/are/have already rescripted the mr. pokemon thing will he have a phone both outside his house or will there be a call to mr. pokemon for the player whilst still in the house?

Oh, well, I think he said that your mother, instead of the VS seeker, would give you a beeper (or pager, or whatever is called), so you can receive calls.

Zowayix

hi
Years
...then where would you get the vs seeker?

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)
Never mind that, bad idea.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years

Umm... Nowhere?
There are some problems with some people's sprites when using the VS-Seeker, pay no attention to VS-Seeker problems, this item will no longer exist in the next releases

In fact, the only purpose of adding the VS seeker was replacing the telephone (you could only battle with the same trainers than in Gold), and, since he is going to add it in the next beta... what would be its purpose now?

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023

(random idea: make one of the phone booths out of order or something so you wont have to do as many scripts?)

You know, it kinda SUCKS if you want to have an error in the phonebooth, Zel is a really great hacker and I know He wont do that. Only bad hackers leave things away!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Basically, it's not like I have to make a script for every single Phone Booth, because all of them share how they work (there's an exception on the script in the part of Mom, because she needs to know where you are calling her from, so that little part makes me need a bit of different scripts for her, but besides that, the rest is a single and giant script that works for any phone booth)
Don't worry, all of the phone boothes will be working then.

And as it was said, you receive a beeper (called "PokéBeeper", too creative, huh?), to make up for the lack of an excuse for receiving calls. So now, instead of calls, you'll receive text messages :D

By the way, the VS.Seeker will not show up starting from the next Beta. With all the new remakes appearing, and using the VS.Seeker as way to substitute the Pokegear, I think I needed something to be different now.

Zowayix

hi
Years
oh, I get it. I didn't see the part on the 1st post about the vs. seeker not being the next betas.

Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Um...does this mean that you won't be able to continue from your beta4 save, because you would still have the vs. seeker and that would cause problems?

Most likely, but using older saves would cause problems anyway.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Well if the save file wont work (most likely they will just cause MAJOR problems) I will have to download VBA link again so I can keep my Shiny Tododile and shiny Tentacool XD

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Well, I haven't played it recently since I am waiting for the eintire game to be complete to play but have a feeling it will look good.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 22, 2017
Wow, i fianlly played this hack(i had it on my desktop for 1 month)and this is just like G/S, the maps, Scripts(although, some need some work)and the new features, this is one great hack, keep it up Zel

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Wow, You are amazing Zel, this is my fist ever hack I played and it's left quite an impression on me, I can't wait till it's finished!

Back