• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I didn't check if this issue has been brought up but I just recently started playing this game. I was fishing and caught a Fortog at the pond next to the house where you get the old rod. Right after I caught it, a messaged popped up saying

---------------------------
Pokemon Uranium
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonCustomMenu:167:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:166:in `each'

PokemonCustomMenu:166:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:150:in `loop'

PokemonCustomMenu:170:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:180:in `pbScene'

PokemonCustomMenu:174:in `loop'

PokemonCustomMenu:183:in `pbScene'

PokemonCustomMenu:380:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonCustomMenu:389:in `pbNewMenu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games/Pokemon Uranium/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I reloaded and caught the Fortog again and it did it again so I hope it is something fixeable.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Wow, this game is going to be godlike. I remember playing the first demo you released, back in late 2009.

The Wonder Trade System and the GTS sound like they will be amazing and unique features. Will there be a random match up system for battles? It would be even better if there was a friends list, and battles with friends were multi-battle compatible.

But overall, can't wait to play it. I will definitely play upon full release.

Virtual trainers will have ranked random match up battles and you will also be able to search for your friends VTs by their Online ID.

I didn't check if this issue has been brought up but I just recently started playing this game. I was fishing and caught a Fortog at the pond next to the house where you get the old rod. Right after I caught it, a messaged popped up saying

Pokemon Uranium
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonCustomMenu:167:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:166:in `each'

PokemonCustomMenu:166:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:150:in `loop'

PokemonCustomMenu:170:in `pbCloseMenu'

PokemonCustomMenu:180:in `pbScene'

PokemonCustomMenu:174:in `loop'

PokemonCustomMenu:183:in `pbScene'

PokemonCustomMenu:380:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonCustomMenu:389:in `pbNewMenu'

This exception was logged in

C:\Users\user\Saved Games/Pokemon Uranium/errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

I reloaded and caught the Fortog again and it did it again so I hope it is something fixeable.

I've fixed this for the next release, but there is a workaround you can do, register the Rod and use it pressing F5. That way the game won't crash.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Nice to see ur back cant wait for the next release and ik ur busy so gotta be patient! :)

firefight

I like people
Years
i cant BELIEVE theres a trade system! this is absolutely amazing! i have no idea how you even did that. it was the selling point for me (though everything else looks great as well). i will watch for updates!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Just stopping by to say I'm streaming right now me working on the game, no mic as I need to concentrate and I'm also watching TV. Pretty boring stuff, I will be mainly tweaking the AI. Here is the link: http://www.twitch.tv/pokemonuranium

>Edit: Stream done! We got some very good progress on our refurbished trainer AI, expect challenging battles for the game's final release.

Last edited:

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Ok thats good, I was about to comment on the Old Rod glitch but glad I saw the solution just as I was heading to the relpy window. Hope the next version comes soon so I don't have to worry as much about this glitch, especially since somehow on this keyboard non of the F keys work. Makes no sense as I bought it this year and all and it's a logitech wireless keyboard. I hit F5 constantly and it wont activate the registered item.

BTW, is part of the problem with the Old Rod crash that the male character srite somehow turns into a girl? Because thats what's happening to me.

EDIT: I ran into something kinda problematic. I made it to the town with the third badge but decided to train my team up some more and was forced to re-battle Theo. He then blocked the bridge leading back to the first beach area and when I tried to go the other way the game froze. I was able to avoid this by training my team on the opposite shore and getting the third badge. But this is a problem that should be fixed if I have to reset my game in the future.

Also for some reason Cottonee is lacking it's fairy typing somehow as my Bawrel's Metal Claw does only normal damage to it, and it also lacks its abilities. This isn't good for me because I need a gras type for the road ahead and the dragon types I keep running into need to be taken down a peg.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
Looneyman1, That Theo glitch you mentioned has since been fixed, and the reason for Cottonee's lacking Fairy type is because when that beta (3.1) was released, Fairy Type hadn't been revealed yet! (It came out in May 2013, and Pokemon X/Y were released in October 2013). Worry not, it and Whimsicott will be Grass/Fairy type in the next release, and they'll have their abilities updated too. :)

Now, since there will be more than 60 all-new Pokemon in the next release, I thought I'd show off just a few:

Spoiler:
(Designs & sprites all made by me)

These are only a handful of the new ones; there are a total of 151 Pokemon planned to be in the game! And yes, at this point we have decided on all of them. We're very excited, and we hope you will be too!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Looneyman1, That Theo glitch you mentioned has since been fixed, and the reason for Cottonee's lacking Fairy type is because when that beta (3.1) was released, Fairy Type hadn't been revealed yet! (It came out in May 2013, and Pokemon X/Y were released in October 2013). Worry not, it and Whimsicott will be Grass/Fairy type in the next release, and they'll have their abilities updated too. :)

Now, since there will be more than 60 all-new Pokemon in the next release, I thought I'd show off just a few:

Spoiler:

(Designs & sprites all made by me)

These are only a handful of the new ones; there are a total of 151 Pokemon planned to be in the game! And yes, at this point we have decided on all of them. We're very excited, and we hope you will be too!

I thought for sure I downloaded the latest version...

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Time has come! After pretty much one and a half year since the last beta was released I can say (for the forth time!!) we have a lot of content done to the extent I can't test all of it by myself and need help from dedicated testers. Like what I did for most releases (except for 3.0) I will do a closed beta beforehand the actual release to (try to) rule out every game breaking bugs and most minor glitches. It's also a great opportunity to test the game balancing, pokemon stats/movesets and to gauge how fun the game is!

Active forum/wikia users and people that I know that are involved in pokémon fangames etc will get the priority. HOWEVER it's not all fun for you if you decide to be a tester. There are a few rules you must follow if you want to be included on future beta versions:

-Do NOT share the game files with anyone else.
-Consistently report every bug, problem, typo you find! Also give your opinion on everything. (testers will have their own hidden section where they can report everything)
-Do NOT spoil the other members/players.
-You can stream your testing if you want, but give a spoiler alert when posting the link.

ANYONE interested in this will need to register on the forums since the bug reporting will be done there. Testers will gain access to a hidden section where they will be able to report bugs/typos and discuss about the game. People interested in being a tester make a post here and register on the forums so I know. I'll update this post with a list of users that will be included!

Cya, ~JV~

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I have registered in the forums and I'm interested in trying out the beta - english is not my first language, but I speak and write it fluently, and while I'm new to pokecommunity, I'm eager to try out this game! I have a lot of free time, as I'm out of job and currently taking a personal break from uni, so it would be fun to have the chance to try out the beta.

Either way, I'll be eagerly looking forward to the beta!

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Damn, all those screenshots are looking superb! Is that an animated Mega Evolution scene that I am seeing? I also really like the look of the snowy map, and the jail cell. Can't wait for the beta!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Stopping by because I think you guys would like to take a sneak peek in what is to come in the next beta, that should arrive this year still, before Christmas!
Have a great day!

Really? I thought my idea of being in jail was unique ;-;
The hype just got real for this beta, I can't wait to see more.

I really love that title screen and the mega-evolution scene, I can't wait to see both in-game

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Damn, all those screenshots are looking superb! Is that an animated Mega Evolution scene that I am seeing? I also really like the look of the snowy map, and the jail cell. Can't wait for the beta!
Thanks! And yes, it's an animation for the Mega Evolutions in Uranium :).

Really? I thought my idea of being in jail was unique ;-;
The hype just got real for this beta, I can't wait to see more.

I really love that title screen and the mega-evolution scene, I can't wait to see both in-game

Haha, I thought it was an unique idea as well xD.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Yay finally! And before christmas? No way! Omg i cant wait!

Back