• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashley182

I.MISS.YOU.
Years
Okay thanks for clearing that up :)
What's the best nature for a snivy? And what do you recommend should be my next capture? Tympole to cover snivys weaknesses?

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2012
I have problems with Wi-fi connection. I receive error 50099 (No access point in range). What should i do? I´m using DeSuMe emulator if it matters

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2012
I have problems with Wi-fi connection. I receive error 50099 (No access point in range). What should i do? I´m using DeSuMe emulator if it matters

Is it actually possible to connect to the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection with an emulator? o.O

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
I have no idea, i am total noob and that´s why I ask :\
Well, I thought it didn't but it seems that it does (I didn't watch the vid so it might also not work but it's at least worth a try) I don't really work with emulators all that much but yeah here's the vid, might tell you what to do.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
pokemon white game sync

i just set up my game sync on white and havent used dreamworld yet but it wont let me put a pokemon to sleep what am i suppose to do???

oh! and when i tried to go to the dream world after i registered my code it said i have to put a pokemon to sleep

i dont know if this helps but the online (blue) hexagons are red inside but still have a blue outline

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Let's say I finish up EV training my Krabby. Once he evolves into a Kingler, he still retains the same EV's I put into him right?

And do I need to evolve my pokemon in order for him to reach his/her potential to fight against other trainers online?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Let's say I finish up EV training my Krabby. Once he evolves into a Kingler, he still retains the same EV's I put into him right?

And do I need to evolve my pokemon in order for him to reach his/her potential to fight against other trainers online?

Yes and yes. EVs remain through evolution and leveling. But the EVs aren't your stats alone - they're combined with your Pokemon's base stats, which depends on what it is, for example a Krabby has a particular set of base stats and a Kingler has a different set. The evolved Pokemon always (with maybe a few exceptions) has higher base stats than the unevolved one, so evolving it will make it stronger even if the Krabby is perfectly EV trained.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2013
Urgent!

Does anyone know how I can get a Charmander in the dream world? I would really like to be able to use his ability Solar Power. Also is it possible to get a charmander with solar power and the nature timid?

I want to EV train him so I want to utilize his capabilities as much as possible. Thank you!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Urgent!

Does anyone know how I can get a Charmander in the dream world? I would really like to be able to use his ability Solar Power. Also is it possible to get a charmander with solar power and the nature timid?

I want to EV train him so I want to utilize his capabilities as much as possible. Thank you!

The Kanto starters can be obtained from a Global Link event in Japan running from Oct. 14, 2010 to May 31, 2011 (it's over, sadly). You'll have to ask someone to trade you one.

(and yes, it's possible to get Timid + Solar Power through soft-resetting had you already obtained it)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
Game bug in White?

I beat the elite four and I made my way up to the champion, but just after N says something about the dragons surrounding the league the screen goes black and stays there. I've tried waiting for hours but it freezes every time. It also freezes when I try to go to the Entralink from here.

Please help? :(

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I beat the elite four and I made my way up to the champion, but just after N says something about the dragons surrounding the league the screen goes black and stays there. I've tried waiting for hours but it freezes every time. It also freezes when I try to go to the Entralink from here.

Please help? :(

Is the game a rom or have you hacked it? The game may be corrupted.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Overwhelmed by White - What to aim for?

Ok, So I have played since RED and there is alot of stuff in white that just seems to be too much for me. I'm from the days where you caught 150 pokemon and that was the point.

Now, there is so much in the game, I think maybe too much, alot of concepts and things people are talking about and I find myself lost in all it.

I got 3 badges and I am starting to think about my end game goal. I also have Action Replay, and I am not sure if i want to power thru the game to get to the end and use the national pokedex to try to capture every pokemon ever?

Or should I trade online and fight with people?

Is there a goal after beating the game? I know other games had special islands and more and more stuff to do. Also, is it even possible to complete the pokedex anymore with all the rare pokemon I see from events without cheating? Any tips or ideas would be great

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Ok, So I have played since RED and there is alot of stuff in white that just seems to be too much for me. I'm from the days where you caught 150 pokemon and that was the point.

Now, there is so much in the game, I think maybe too much, alot of concepts and things people are talking about and I find myself lost in all it.

I got 3 badges and I am starting to think about my end game goal. I also have Action Replay, and I am not sure if i want to power thru the game to get to the end and use the national pokedex to try to capture every pokemon ever?

Or should I trade online and fight with people?

Is there a goal after beating the game? I know other games had special islands and more and more stuff to do. Also, is it even possible to complete the pokedex anymore with all the rare pokemon I see from events without cheating? Any tips or ideas would be great

After the game there's 3 more cities to explore and the various landmarks in that part of the map, and there's also the basic battle area (the Battle Subway in this case) that's been in all the recent games, where you can get points from battling harder trainers to get cool items. There's also the Dream World, which isn't technically post-game since you can access it the second you get the C-Gear, but it's something you can continue to do after the game is ended because they frequently have new areas that you can visit in that. There's also a small post-game plot but that doesn't take long and isn't difficult.

Edit: In the end, I would recommend just going with the flow and not worrying about it all that much. Don't think ahead so much or plan, just play the game. You won't miss anything that you can't go back to do, so don't worry about it. :)

What you want to do is really up to you. What I personally did was catch every Pokemon I saw in the game to start to fill up my Pokedex, and go towards the end of the game at the same time, and then worked on my Pokedex after. Catching vs. battling is a matter of choice. Do you like the idea of breeding/training the ultimate Pokemon and pitting them online against another trainer to see who's the best? Or would you prefer to have the bragging rights of a person with a full Pokedex?

As far as getting all of them, they're all available but not all in the games at the moment. To get them all, you'll definitely have to trade some for Pokemon such as Mew and Arceus, which were given out in events so they exist, but you'd have to trade them with someone else. Luckily PC has a very active Trade Corner so you'll be able to get pretty much everything there :3

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2012
Ok, thank you for all the help.

I would like to catch them all, but I am worried about trading. Is there anything to look out for when it comes to trading for legendary, especially super rare ones, how do i know I am not getting a hacked one or something that might mess up my game?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
Hey, I just got White (kinda sad really) and I exited Chargestone Cave before I faced N. Now I cant get past the Professor & Co. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back