• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Official glitch discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omfx___harley

http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/18
Years
Another straneg happening on gold........

ok, i beat the E4 and went home yadda, yadda, yadda.
i have a scyther and typlosion at lv.100, and pidgeot (keena), kingler(crabapple), togetic, and espeon(peeves) in their 90's.
i catch a sentret, lv.3, name it spot. has to go to dinner. saves and turns off.
well, unknown to me, spot was my 100th guy. (on dex)
turns on gold after dinner.
now, it's all freaky.
On the start screen, ho-oh is upsidedown and has beastly gold goggles.
ho-oh flys past radiio tower. lugia joins it, also upsidedown, wearing identical silver goggles. they fly past TOKYO! REALLY! i've seen pics, it was DEFINITELY TOKYO!
ok, little movie starts. its different. instead of magikarps, they were goldeens. lapras was a blastoise. in teh scene with pika/jiggly, it was a ROARing growlite adn a rhydon. on teh scene wit the starters, its teh 3 kanto starters and a glitch pokemon instead of a charizard. (i am assuming all of this is because of failed attempts to trade with rb/sa)
on start screen, it is teh same, but instead of tokyo, its NYC and the dash above teh E in pokemon is gone, adn teh G in gold is flashing on and off. eventually, it stays as OLD VERSION.
anyways, i starts game. i am a girl named 6yTrAiNeR9 instead of boy named KYLE.
My pokes are all lv. 725. Even spot.
All routes, cities, etc. are all messed up. restarts, hoping effects will reverse.
No dice. everything is WORSE, including the starters being EGG, Charizard, and celebi.

Psycho, isnt it?

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
Yes, it is. I sometimes wonder . . . these glitches are not meant to be there, are they? The programmers didn't put them there on purpose? Still when Houhou and Lugia flew past Tokyo. . . someone must have put that there on purpose! I mean, it's an animation and someone must have made it and put it in the game. I think the Mew glitch was meant to in Green/Red/Blue. I know that Satoshi Tajiri put data of Mew into the game without no one else's notice, maybe he made the Mew glitch.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
Another straneg happening on gold........

ok, i beat the E4 and went home yadda, yadda, yadda.
i have a scyther and typlosion at lv.100, and pidgeot (keena), kingler(crabapple), togetic, and espeon(peeves) in their 90's.
i catch a sentret, lv.3, name it spot. has to go to dinner. saves and turns off.
well, unknown to me, spot was my 100th guy. (on dex)
turns on gold after dinner.
now, it's all freaky.
On the start screen, ho-oh is upsidedown and has beastly gold goggles.
ho-oh flys past radiio tower. lugia joins it, also upsidedown, wearing identical silver goggles. they fly past TOKYO! REALLY! i've seen pics, it was DEFINITELY TOKYO!
ok, little movie starts. its different. instead of magikarps, they were goldeens. lapras was a blastoise. in teh scene with pika/jiggly, it was a ROARing growlite adn a rhydon. on teh scene wit the starters, its teh 3 kanto starters and a glitch pokemon instead of a charizard. (i am assuming all of this is because of failed attempts to trade with rb/sa)
on start screen, it is teh same, but instead of tokyo, its NYC and the dash above teh E in pokemon is gone, adn teh G in gold is flashing on and off. eventually, it stays as OLD VERSION.
anyways, i starts game. i am a girl named 6yTrAiNeR9 instead of boy named KYLE.
My pokes are all lv. 725. Even spot.
All routes, cities, etc. are all messed up. restarts, hoping effects will reverse.
No dice. everything is WORSE, including the starters being EGG, Charizard, and celebi.

Psycho, isnt it?
It would be... if it were true. But it's physically impossible (due to the game's coding) to have Pokemon of levels higher than 255. And there's absolutely no way to play as a girl in Gold.

:\

omfx___harley

Years
whatever

It would be... if it were true. But it's physically impossible (due to the game's coding) to have Pokemon of levels higher than 255. And there's absolutely no way to play as a girl in Gold.
shut up. its a glitch. and i kinda got the facts wrong. it was a BOY and i said that cause i keep playing my crystal as a girl. plus, they was originally gonna put girl players in gold/silver. never happened, dunno why. i own 3 missingno. , so i have a lot of experience with wierd things on those games. BTW, what does 'M do to your game? i've seen it and kinda wanna catch it.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
m' facts

M' is actully very much like missingno. but here is differences:

1. when you catch M' it freezes when taking out of pc.
2. it evolves at lv 1 to a kengaskhan.
3. name difference (obviously)
4. can learn different tms
5. last but not least: when trading to G/S/C it looks different

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2014
Has anybody used the walk through walls glitch or whatever to walk over the barriers separating Pallet Town from the grassy areas on the side? I am wondering what pokemon are in there.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
Has anybody used the walk through walls glitch or whatever to walk over the barriers separating Pallet Town from the grassy areas on the side? I am wondering what pokemon are in there.
There are no Pokemon in the grass, because the grass isn't really grass. It's a border tile. If you use a code to get there, the game will freeze.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Have the walk through walls code off for now. When you enter viridian city (from pallet town), as soon as you hear the music change tracks, go five paces forward, and then go left till you can't go any further. then hit down once, turn on the WTW code, and go through the fence to the south, head through some trees which will soon be grass. Keep going further into the grass, and route 1 music will play. You will even encounter some route 1 pokemon. Go even further, and you will hear pallet town music. When you hear pallet town music playing, head left for a bit, and you should see a portion of P. Town. Don't bother going into the houses though. You won't be able to anyway.

Here is a way to enter the grass safely but it mucks up after a while. It converts the grass into the route 1 grass tiles. Pallet town is also split in two.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
I have tried the glitch when you get stuck in the lab building. When you walk into the grass and the prof comes if there is someone in the way you cannot follow the prof behind him and instead of walking into the lab you get stuck and you have to reset the game since you can't do anything. It's had to get that person standing there in the way though since they walk randomly.
I wonder if the Mew glitch can cause any harm to your game. I have caught a mew in green version, I trained it a little and then I hadn't played for awhile. When I started the game it said Fail Data something and the save file was gone. I do not think it was the mew glitch though, there was another reason.

umbros

Dark trainer.
Years
I have tried the glitch when you get stuck in the lab building. When you walk into the grass and the prof comes if there is someone in the way you cannot follow the prof behind him and instead of walking into the lab you get stuck and you have to reset the game since you can't do anything. It's had to get that person standing there in the way though since they walk randomly.
I wonder if the Mew glitch can cause any harm to your game. I have caught a mew in green version, I trained it a little and then I hadn't played for awhile. When I started the game it said Fail Data something and the save file was gone. I do not think it was the mew glitch though, there was another reason.

no worries, assuming you used a regular Mew glitch and not a gameshark/cheating device code, your game cannot be messed up by it. this glitch is actually programmed in, not a folly of lack of programming, so they left it harmless.

>Bent<

awhups
Years
this glitch is actually programmed in, not a folly of lack of programming, so they left it harmless.
It was an error, and totally unintentional. Why would they intentionally program in an event that lets you get Mew and any other Pokemon through various haxy methods?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
It was a loong dark and cold night, when i was playing pokemon blue, i was battling the pokemon league and then IT came,what was it? my Gameboy in a super low battery state!!! I had a Max Potion (or something all healer).The glitch when battling with Missingno that encrazez and Glitches you Health Bar Was activated. after a Battle i used the Max Potion on Blastoise,i was aware that it got the Health Bar Glitch,but i wasnt aware that when i used it...it kept on healing, when the health bar got full, it restarted empy and full again all in a cycle, The Health number was like F54-A32 and H78 or something. Whit low batter i thought thre was no hope, untill it finnaly ended

"Blastoise Recovered G56h67 Hit points" or somethin

I saved and next time, im using reg. potions

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
Yes, you're right. Satoshi Tajiri put Mew there intentionally. I don't think the glitch caused the save file to dissapear either.

(I can read your signatur, AdvancedK9) :-)

umbros

Dark trainer.
Years
It was an error, and totally unintentional. Why would they intentionally program in an event that lets you get Mew and any other Pokemon through various haxy methods?

Te-em is right. I'm not talking about the missingno. cheat. i'm talking about the Mew cheat, the one flying between Lavender and Cerulean City. Tajiri put that in intentionally for Mew, and it was only meant for Mew. the missingno. cheat is a complete fluke because they forgot to program which pokemon you can run into on that area of shoreline.

omfx___harley

Years
It was a loong dark and cold night, when i was playing pokemon blue, i was battling the pokemon league and then IT came,what was it? my Gameboy in a super low battery state!!! I had a Max Potion (or something all healer).The glitch when battling with Missingno that encrazez and Glitches you Health Bar Was activated. after a Battle i used the Max Potion on Blastoise,i was aware that it got the Health Bar Glitch,but i wasnt aware that when i used it...it kept on healing, when the health bar got full, it restarted empy and full again all in a cycle, The Health number was like F54-A32 and H78 or something. Whit low batter i thought thre was no hope, untill it finnaly ended

"Blastoise Recovered G56h67 Hit points" or somethin

I saved and next time, im using reg. potions

my missingnos do that. it's quite strange, seeing the highest number of health being H256.

Years
  • Seen Oct 21, 2009
It sad that Celebe is so hard to get. You need pkmn Crystal and connect it to a cell phone. Those who released the american version did not want this so it only works at the japanese version. Is there some other way, a glitch or something, to obtain Celebe?

>Bent<

awhups
Years
Te-em is right. I'm not talking about the missingno. cheat. i'm talking about the Mew cheat, the one flying between Lavender and Cerulean City. Tajiri put that in intentionally for Mew, and it was only meant for Mew. the missingno. cheat is a complete fluke because they forgot to program which pokemon you can run into on that area of shoreline.
I wasn't talking about Missingno. either. The "Mew glitch" can be used for any Pokemon, not just Mew -- what it does is shift some bytes in the RAM, so the species byte is set to what the Special stat was for the last Pokemon you fought. This is why fighting any Pokemon with a Special stat of exactly 23 (such as the Slowpoke trainer north of Cerulean) gives you Mew -- because in the programming, Mew is the 23rd Pokemon programmed in. The level of the Pokemon is also set by the Attack modifier (not the stat) of the opponent -- if it used Swords Dance once, it would be level 9, and if you used Growl three times on it, it would be level 4. It's a glitch, and wasn't put in there intentionally.

The Missingno. glitch is a fluke because the wild Pokemon data is blank for the area of the shoreline, and the Mew glitch is a fluke because using Fly at the specific moment interrupts the trainer script and causes it to do glitchy things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back