• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PATCH] [FR] SQ's DNS!!!

Delta231

A noob
Years
Your Readme.md doesn't specify how to remove the "broken" patch.
Oh Sorry my mistake, I will add that ASAP.

EDIT

I am gonna tell you how to do this.

Requirements:

A Hex Editor (I prefer HxD)
A Clean FR Rom
A Patched FR Rom

Steps:

1) Open your clean and patched rom in HxD

2) Let's first go to 0x4B0 in both the roms. You will see the hook there in the patched i.e 00 B5 01 48 00 47 00 00 01 10 B0 08 00 00 10 BC . Overwrite those bytes with the bytes in your clean rom

Now let's reverse the address 01 10 B0 that would be B01000. Go to that address in your patched rom and from B01000 to B013F7 copy write FF.

3) Now go to B0250 and overwrite it with a table of FF bytes

4)Now go to B01500 and overwrite it with a table of FF bytes

And It seems the patch is incomplete..

Use this patch

Attachments

• Remove DNS.ips
    81 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:

Prof. Leon Dias

Let your memes be dreams
Years
How to make compatible with Navenatox's Dynamic OW Palettes System

Instructions:
Insert Navenatox Pallete Fix.asm to free space
Go to rtc.asm, and at line 436 replace 805FECC with 8(offset you inserted the fix)
then insert Put 00B5 0148 0047 0000 [Reverse Address+1] 0000 10BC at 0x4B0
open npcfilter folder and open command window: then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook.asm, change the offset to where you inserted npcfilter stuff, reversed +1, and insert data at 0x83598
open mapfilter folder, open command window, then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook1.asm, change the offset to where you inserted the second thing, reversed +1, and insert the data at 0x598CC
Also null out the eight bytes from 0x59A28 to 0x59A2F with 00's
and at 0x59A12, put 00 00
and youre done
Ignore the .bin files in the ASM folder, those were my offsets.

Attachments

• Wizard-DN-master.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
Years
Out of curiousity, could this be ported to Emerald? I know Shiny Quagsire seems to have started on the Emerald port but didn't seem to finish it according ot his GitHub code page.

Delta231

A noob
Years
Out of curiousity, could this be ported to Emerald? I know Shiny Quagsire seems to have started on the Emerald port but didn't seem to finish it according ot his GitHub code page.

This could be but it will take a lot of time as there are very less ASM hackers here to port it for EM. To be on the safer side I recommend you to hack FR.

Urz

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022

Instructions:
Go to rtc.asm, and at line 436 replace 805FECC with 8(offset you inserted the fix)
open npcfilter folder and open command window: then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook.asm, change the offset to where you inserted npcfilter stuff, reversed +1, and insert data at 0x83598
open mapfilter folder, open command window, then write make bpre fname=../yourrom.gba offset=XXXXXX
then open npchook1.asm, change the offset to where you inserted the second thing, reversed +1, and insert the data at 0x598CC
and youre done

Great tutorial. Works perfectly, many thanks!

Have you (or anyone else) managed to get the battle BG day/night effects working? I've tried inserting and end up with messed up palettes so something isn't right. :laugh-squinted:

Delta231

A noob
Years
Great tutorial. Works perfectly, many thanks!

Have you (or anyone else) managed to get the battle BG day/night effects working? I've tried inserting and end up with messed up palettes so something isn't right. :laugh-squinted:

In battlebghook.asm change the offset where battlebg.asm is inserted make it reversed and +1. (It's a THUMB instruction)

Urz

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
In battlebghook.asm change the offset where battlebg.asm is inserted make it reversed and +1. (It's a THUMB instruction)

Yeah that's what I've tried (standard Thumb asm insertion)

For ex:

Inserted Battlebgcode.asm to 0xB01480
Inserted Battlebghook to 0xf290 (in this case - 00 49 08 47 81 14 B0 08)

The result I end up with is this.

https://imgur.com/a/iSDk3li

I can adjust the time and can see subtle changes which makes me believe it's interacting with the RTC correctly. it just seems like the palette is being 'pushed' incorrectly or from an incorrect location?

Delta231

A noob
Years
Yeah that's what I've tried (standard Thumb asm insertion)

For ex:

Inserted Battlebgcode.asm to 0xB01480
Inserted Battlebghook to 0xf290 (in this case - 00 49 08 47 81 14 B0 08)

The result I end up with is this.

https://imgur.com/a/iSDk3li

I can adjust the time and can see subtle changes which makes me believe it's interacting with the RTC correctly. it just seems like the palette is being 'pushed' incorrectly or from an incorrect location?

You have to reverse and +1 'B01480' in hook.asm

Urz

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Ik how to apply this DNS to battles, but the method is quite complicated as it requires to hand make all the palettes for each and every battle bg. I will update this post and patch once i get my pc repaired ;) and no simply inserting that asm and repointing it wont work like Delta said..

Appreciate it. I'll keep an eye out.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
I've currently written a routine to swap the Day, Afternoon and Night palettes for battle backgrounds.

To insert it you will need to delete the BattleBGHack by Karatekid and replace it with these routines instead.

They also have the added functionality of allowing you to differentiate between water and land when you set a background to the variable. For example if you set the background to 'Volcano Cave', when surfing, instead of bringing up the Volcano Cave base it will bring up your Volcano Lava base, provided you have positioned it immediately after the other battle background in the table.

Routines:
Spoiler:

Effectively this loads a new battle background table based on the time of the day, so to actually make it work you will need to copy your battle background table twice, and then manually change the palettes and their respective pointers in that table to make it work.

I have made the following outdoor battle backgrounds with all three palettes, however they will also require you to be using the same tile sets and raws that I am, so I might just release them in a patch elsewhere.

0x0 Grass
0x1 Forest
0x2 Sand
0x4 Sea
0x5 Pond
0x6 Craggy / Mountain
0x9 Normal

If you are already using your own Battle Backgrounds, the only option you really have is to copy the palette entries and manually change the colours yourself and repoint everything, having done this for the past two days I was averaging about 30 minutes to 60 minutes to get 1 Background's Afternoon and Night Palettes completed (already having the colours I wanted), so it's a tedious process to say the least.

Reactions: Urz

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years

Instructions:
and youre done

At the risk of double posting (two separate issues I insist!), I just wanted to report that there are a few bugs with the DNS. I'm not sure if this is specifically related to the Navenatox patch as well but I would suspect not.

1. Weather with Sky Darkening effects are broken, the dark palette will be overwritten after taking a few steps which is very noticeable in the OW, especially since it's not removed from the tall grass and some other OWs.

2. If you have changed Tileset 1 for a few maps, for example replacing it with a Snowy Tileset, all the colours end up horrifically incorrect, and change upon resetting the screen with any menu, or changing maps. The colours seem to be being loaded from the wrong places for whatever reason, probably the original Tileset 1.

3. On a map where the colour of the tall grass has been changed, when walking inside it the colours get all weird (there is a routine for this somewhere). For example if I want some extra dark swamp grass, depending on the time of the day they either revert back to normal grass or have weird filters put on it.

Those are the three main glitches I've found after having inserted it into a hack for testing purposes. As I said I'm not sure if it's a bug with the original code itself or the mixture with Navenatox's hack too, but I would imagine probably Wizard itself based on it being a bunch of screen darkening / background colour problems, and nothing to do with OWs as far as I'm aware.

Back