• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] Revamped EliminationLocke

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
The Eliminationlocke Challenge
What happens when you combine the Random Pokemon challenge with nuzlocke style rules? Chaos!​

The Eliminationlocke challenge consists of completing a game using a set number of randomly generated pokemon, if any of those pokemon are to faint, they're permanently removed from your team.

Rules
  • Your team must be randomly generated using a random pokemon generator.
  • The amount of Pokemon you can use can either be generated from a min/max of your choosing, or you can simply decide how many pokemon you wish to generate.
  • This challenge relies on hacking and trading, your team must be assembled before the second gym.
  • If a pokemon faints, it is considered dead, therefore it must be boxed or released.
  • If you generate a team which includes NFE's, you will be allowed to use any evolution of that pokemon.
  • All pokemon must be nicknamed, (this rule is usually optional in a nuzlocke. However given how you have limited pokemon, nicknaming them should make you less likely to sacrifice one).
  • All Pokémon on this list plus Mega Latias/os are banned from use in this challenge: Banned Pokémon in Battle Maison
  • Perfect IV pokemon, Egg moves and hidden abilites are all allowed.
  • HM Slaves are permitted. Only if you generate a team which lacks HM usage.
  • Mega evolution is allowed should you roll a pokemon capable of using a stone. (Try to keep it to one mega evolution for the sake of not being too OP)

Optional Rules
  • A black out is game over, Regardless if you have spare pokemon generated in your PC.
  • You must change your battle style to SET.
  • You can only use the Poke Center a number of times per town.
  • You cannot generate legendary pokemon.
  • You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled.
  • You may not heal outside of healing items and moves such as Softboiled.
  • You may not heal outside of battle.
  • Wild Card Rule for Legacy Challenges (Substituting one of your team for a pokemon of the game you're playing)

Random Pokemon Generator
Random Number Generator

End Game Points

R/B/Y/FR/LG - Defeat Blue/Rival as Champion
G/S/C/HG/SS - Defeat Lance
R/S/E/OR/AS - Defeat Steven (R/S/OR/AS) or Wallace (E)
D/P/Pt - Defeat Cynthia
B/W - Defeat Ghetsis
B2/W2 - Defeat Iris (B2/W2)
X/Y - Defeat Diantha
S/M - Defeat Kukui
US/UM - Defeat Hau
Hacks - Determined by player (usually the Champion or Final Boss of the hack)

Optional End Game Points

FR/LG - Complete the Sevii Islands side-quests and rematch the Elite Four
G/S/C/HG/SS - Collect the Kanto Badges, rematch the Elite Four, and Defeat Red (Rematching the Elite Four is only HG/SS)
E/OR/AS - Defeat Steven (E), Complete the Delta Episode and rematch the Elite Four (OR/AS)
Pt - Complete the Stark Mountain side-quest and rematch the Elite Four
B/W - Rematch the Elite Four and defeat Alder
B2/W2 - Rematch the Elite Four
X/Y - Finish the Looker Bureau side-quest
S/M - Finish the Ultra Beast side-quest, get to the Battle Tree, and defeat Red/Blue
US/UM - Finish the RR side-quest, get to the Battle Tree, and defeat Red/Blue

Sign-Up
Make sure you read the rules carefully before signing up. Include the following form in a post. Feel free to group it into a single sign-up, as I did below.

Sign-Up Form
Code:
Forum User Name:
Game(s):
Team Generated:
Single/Ultimate/Ultimate Legacy:

What is an Ultimate Challenge?
Spoiler:

What is an Ultimate Legacy Challenge?
Spoiler:

Challengers and Champions

Single Challengers

Ultimate Challengers

Ultimate Legacy Challengers

Single Champions
Spoiler:

Ultimate Champions

Ultimate Legacy Champions

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I think I'll give this a try. I generated team with National Dex settings, as I'll be trading eggs from Y.

Name: Janp
Game: Omega Ruby
Optional rule: SET style
Number of Pokemon: 3
Team:
gourgeist.gif
seviper.gif
aromatisse.gif

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
#Update. I have added a new mode to the challenge called Legacy ultimate, as well as revamping the original thread a bit. Hopefully this will be more appealing to others!

Years

The EliminationLocke in Pokémon Omega Ruby

gourgeist.gif
seviper.gif
aromatisse.gif

PREPARATIONS

Well, it has been more than a year since I signed-up, but I finally decided to do this after months of thinking about starting it. So I did some team planning and breeding in Alpha Sapphire, which reminded me how great ORAS are. But that's not important for this run. Well, maybe a little bit, because I really got an urge to play through Omega Ruby now.

So let's talk about team I rolled. 2 out of 3 Pokémon can evolve straight on level 1, which will probably make the early game faster. But let's start with Seviper. I wanted to get both Iron Tail and Night Slash on it, so I had to bred it with Druddigon. But before that I had to breed Druddigon with Night Slash and Iron Tail, which took quite the time. In the end, I had Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Seviper in Ultra Ball with both Iron Tail and Night Slash with Shed Skin ability, since I think it will be more useful.

Now let's get Gourgeist ready. I hunted HA Pumpkaboo in Friend Safari for a while, but after getting one it was only a matter of time until I got Adamant 31/31/31/X/31/31 Pumpkaboo in Dusk Ball. No Egg Move needed for it.

And finally Aromatisse. After another couple of minutes in Friend Safari, I got HA Swirlix. Once again it was only a matter of time until I got Modest 31/X/31/31/31/31 in Heal Ball.

Then I had to get them in the game of course. I quickly got to Petalburg City with Treecko (to make May battles more challenging), traded the eggs in, hatched them, traded Gourgeist and Aromatisse back to evolve them and traded them back again.

And that's the end of preparation part. I will try to update this run as fast as I can.

Team

gourgeist.gif

Ron, Adamant Male Gourgeist
lvl 1, Insomnia
- Explosion
- Phantom Force
- Confuse Ray
- Trick

seviper.gif

Harry, Adamant Male Seciper
lvl 1, Shed Skin
- Wrap
- Swagger
- Iron Tail
- Night Slash

aromatisse.gif

Hermione, Modest Female Aromatisse
lvl 1, Aroma Veil
- Sweet Scent
- Fairy Wind
- Heal Pulse
- Aromatic Mist​

Years

gourgeist.gif
seviper.gif
aromatisse.gif

PART 1

With my team almost ready, last thing before I could go to the woods and beyond was to train them. And oh boy, it was almost over of the whole run before it even began. Okay it wasn't that dramatic, but I has really cautious about training around Petalburg. But somehow made it and with my team around levels 8-9 I got to Rustboro, beat trainers around the city and challenged Roxanne. This fight wasn't that hard, since Harry had Iron Tail. All those hours breeding it on payed of. Like literally, since I won't need that move anymore. Right?

Next Gym Leader was Brawly and I remember this fight used to be harder. So I checked wiki and ORAS Gym Leaders have weaker Pokémon than their RSE counterparts. That's lame.I should have go with Emerald. But then I wouldn't be able to use Kalos Pokémon. And the best design of Gyms and everything in the whole Pokémon franchise. Anyway, this fight was over before I even realized it started. Hermione solo'd the whole think underleveled.

I continued a little bit further and got all the way to the Route above Slateport and almost lost Hermione to May's Combusken, since it was 1 level higher and could tank my attacks pretty well. I'm afraid of going against Wattson since he has Magneton and I don't really have anything to counter it. I might use Trick-or-Treat/ Phantom Force combo to beat it.

Team

gourgeist.gif

lvl 19, Insomnia
- Razor Leaf
- Phantom Force
- Confuse Ray
- Trick-or-Treat

seviper.gif

Harry, Adamant Male Seviper
lvl 20, Shed Skin
- Poison Tail
- Swagger
- Iron Tail
- Night Slash

aromatisse.gif

Hermione, Modest Female Aromatisse
lvl 19, Aroma Veil
- Calm Mind
- Fairy Wind
- Sweet Kiss
- Aromatic Mist​

Years

gourgeist.gif
seviper.gif
aromatisse.gif

PART 2 - ATTEMPT 1 FAIL

The battle with Wattson was surprisingly easy, even though I was constantly missing, was confused and paralyzed. But no casualties this time.

The path after that went great. My luck continued to suck and I missed like 8 times in a row with Iron Tail, hit myself 4 or 5 times in a confusion in a row and just had pretty bad luck, which resulted in... Harry going down to a Trapinch after literary missing all the attacks. That's just perfect.

But I decided to continue and even through all the troubles beat both Flannery and Norman. Hermione learn Moonblast during battle with Norman and became my ace Pokémon for the rest of the attempt.

My luck continued to suck and I was missing my attack on regular basis. But still somehow got to Winona. The battle started okayish. Moonblast cut through most of her team, but then she sent out Skarmory. I attacked and looked away for a moment on my computer screen. When I looked back, I've only seen Hermione fainting. Well... But I didn't give up! I sent out Ron and avenged Hermione. But then I missed like 10 times in a row and got beaten by Altaria.

So that's the end of this run. Well end of the first attempt. I think I'll return to this challenge soon but probably will roll different team to make it more interesting. I enjoy using all 3 of my Pokémon, but using 3 same Pokémon with pretty much unchanged movesets gets a little bit stale after a while.

Team

gourgeist.gif

lvl 35, Insomnia
- Razor Leaf
- Phantom Force
- Shadow Sneak
- Trick-or-Treat

seviper.gif

Harry, Adamant Male Seviper
lvl 26, Shed Skin
- Poison Fang