• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: [EM] Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Hey, I've run into a few bizarre bugs after installing the item and tutor expansion:
  • Birch's face messes up after he sends out the Lotad in the intro; looks like parts of a few Poke ball sprites:
    xjqXBrY.png
  • The starters and the Zigzagoon chasing birch are all level 100
  • Opening the Pokemon menu causes an endless black screen

I'm not sure if this is something I've done or an issue with the expansion scripts; the only other changes I've made to the ROM were applying the Pokedex expansion, and expanding the ROM to 32MB.

I've attached my items.py file in case you want to take a look, though I don't think that's the cause - these bugs appear after running it, even with different settings, and aren't present before applying item expansion.

Attachments

• items.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 3
Years
Hey, I've run into a few bizarre bugs after installing the item and tutor expansion:
  • Birch's face messes up after he sends out the Lotad in the intro; looks like parts of a few Poke ball sprites:
    xjqXBrY.png
  • The starters and the Zigzagoon chasing birch are all level 100
  • Opening the Pokemon menu causes an endless black screen

I'm not sure if this is something I've done or an issue with the expansion scripts; the only other changes I've made to the ROM were applying the Pokedex expansion, and expanding the ROM to 32MB.

I've attached my items.py file in case you want to take a look, though I don't think that's the cause - these bugs appear after running it, even with different settings, and aren't present before applying item expansion.

1. Try it out on another rom.
2. Check if the saveblock isn't overlapping with the one you've used for pokemon expansion or for flags/vars.
3. Try with CLEAN_REPOINTED_DATA set to false.
4. Set BUILD_CODE to true.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
2. Check if the saveblock isn't overlapping with the one you've used for pokemon expansion or for flags/vars.

Applying both expansions on a fresh ROM fixed it; guess I must have broken the first one, seeing as the new ROM was identical to the old one when clean. Thanks for the help!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024

Applying both expansions on a fresh ROM fixed it; guess I must have broken the first one, seeing as the new ROM was identical to the old one when clean. Thanks for the help!

Hey, I've had a bit of a play around with this to see what caused it, and it seems that setting CLEAN_REPOINTED_DATA to true and setting POKE_NUM to a value higher than 419 is what does it. Having one of the two is fine, however, so it's not a big deal, but I thought I might as well report it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 7, 2017
I just want to expand the TMs but not the Pokedex, should I still run the dex expansion code? I'm editing an already changed rom emerald by the way.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 1, 2020
Anyone knows how to expand the items in fire red? Only the items. I really want it

Years
Hello! I've got a problems with this, whenever there is an automatic save of the game (Battle Tent, Battle Frontier, Link Battle, etc) the data in the Pokedex is cleared after restarting. Everything else seems to be working fine, so I don't know if it is because I messed up or if it's a common problem.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
Hello! I've got a problems with this, whenever there is an automatic save of the game (Battle Tent, Battle Frontier, Link Battle, etc) the data in the Pokedex is cleared after restarting. Everything else seems to be working fine, so I don't know if it is because I messed up or if it's a common problem.

this is to do with pokemon expansion, not item expansion. it's a known error, you didn't mess up.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 20, 2020
Hi, first of all, thanks for your amazing work. I have a question, how should I proceed for re-expanding items in a rom that has all of your engines already used (except the forms one), some items created in the extra slots (only with names, descriptions and bag slot) and TMs and HMs expanded and already edited?
Thanks in advance.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2021
So I found a weird glitch with the pokedex after applying this [Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion] (After I finish pokemon expansion one). My pokedex randomly gives me Numbers of seen and caught pokemon when walking in different route.

https://imgur.com/8HBEejo Little Root Town

https://imgur.com/4MUVojL Route 101

This is my items.py setting
Spoiler:

Following this post by DizzyEgg:
Take the offset in pokemon expansion. Divide your dex entries by 8 and add 1 to it. Add the result to the offset you took. Make sure it ends with 0, 4, 8 or C(if it doesn't just add 1 till it does). This is your expanded_bag_offset. :)

I assume its 824 / 8 + 1 = 104 = 68 (hex) and I replace the EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0x0203CF68? I don't know if that is the problem I even try it on default it did the same thing.

So far as of right now the rom work fine with [EM] Safe, fast and dynamic Pokemon Expansion, but after applying the Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion. Its behaving weirdly on the pokedex.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 28, 2019
So I found a weird glitch with the pokedex after applying this [Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion] (After I finish pokemon expansion one). My pokedex randomly gives me Numbers of seen and caught pokemon when walking in different route.

https://imgur.com/8HBEejo Little Root Town

https://imgur.com/4MUVojL Route 101

This is my items.py setting
Spoiler:

Following this post by DizzyEgg:

I assume its 824 / 8 + 1 = 104 = 68 (hex) and I replace the EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0x0203CF68? I don't know if that is the problem I even try it on default it did the same thing.

So far as of right now the rom work fine with [EM] Safe, fast and dynamic Pokemon Expansion, but after applying the Items, TMs, Tutor Moves Expansion. Its behaving weirdly on the pokedex.

Your calculation should follow this "rule" below:

O ''XXX'' is the number of expanded pokémons of déx, recommended to put a rounded up number.

(DexPokes / 8)(rounded up) + (DexPokes / 8)(rounded up)
(XXX / 8)(rounded up) + (XXX / 8)(rounded up) -> (XXX / 8)+(992 / 8) = 124 + 124 = ???
EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0203CF64 + ??? =

I hope this can help you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 20, 2021
Your calculation should follow this "rule" below:

O ''XXX'' is the number of expanded pokémons of déx, recommended to put a rounded up number.

(DexPokes / 8)(rounded up) + (DexPokes / 8)(rounded up)
(XXX / 8)(rounded up) + (XXX / 8)(rounded up) -> (XXX / 8)+(992 / 8) = 124 + 124 = ???
EXPANDED_BAG_OFFSET = 0203CF64 + ??? =

I hope this can help you.

WOW! thanks that solved the issue.

Its because I forgot to round up the second (DexPokes / 8)...

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 24, 2023
I'm getting a "New Item" from the Bullet Seed dude instead of TM09.
Did I do the save RAM part wrong?

If you expanded TMs as well, they are moved to item 378 and after because the new ones won't fit where they used to be. The old TM items are replaced with "New Item"s. I don't think NPC scripts are updated with the new item numbers.

Years
It seems that after expanding the TMs, the HMs are un-deleteable even after making the 00 at 0x6E822 and 0x1B6D2C edit, is there an easy way to fix this?

Years
It seems that after expanding the TMs, the HMs are un-deleteable even after making the 00 at 0x6E822 and 0x1B6D2C edit, is there an easy way to fix this?

Go to the offset 329EEA and paste this: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
It should work. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 15, 2023
this was exactly what I was looking for. downloaded soooooo fast! Then I saw it's for Pokémon Emerald, not for Firered :( Anyway, good job man!

Back