• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
how can i patch the english version? I keep getting white screen on my vba? I'm using lunar ips and a clean ruby rom...

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
I'm also having issues with the white screen. Pretty sure I downloaded the correct version, pretty sure my settings are correct and everything, so I have no idea what could have gone wrong.

@Ash493: You say to read previous posts... But I sure don't feel like trying to find the solution inside the 250 pages. It would help a LOT if the solution to the problem was written on the first post or somewhere on the website!

Years
Yeah, so I'm noticing that the whole issue involving the game freezing when electabuzz evolves is still not being talked about... This is the 2nd playthrough I've done that this has happened in. Have we managed to figure out anything in regards to this or am I just going to have to play through without evolving electabuzz?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Yeah, so I'm noticing that the whole issue involving the game freezing when electabuzz evolves is still not being talked about... This is the 2nd playthrough I've done that this has happened in. Have we managed to figure out anything in regards to this or am I just going to have to play through without evolving electabuzz?

It has to be your ROM, this has never happened to me at all when I evolved my Electabuzz. So... Maybe your ROM wasn't 100% clean... Which means you may need to patch a different Ruby ROM, but you can transfer your .sav file over to it.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
I have been through the game, yet I am making a re-run and a few questions I didn't have before just poped up:

1. Did Wes change the atacks(TMs/HMs) characteristics or does the 3rd Gen rule still applies to physical/special atacks? Are they still type-based, or did he make them like Gen 4/5?

2. Did he change the pokémon's stats or are they still the same as Gen 3? The ones from Gen 4 & 5, do they retain their replaced pokémon's stats or do they have new ones according to which pokémon they are?

I think that's all. Thanks :D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Ash493: You say to read previous posts... But I sure don't feel like trying to find the solution inside the 250 pages. It would help a LOT if the solution to the problem was written on the first post or somewhere on the website!
Okay, sorry, I wasn't actually clear with that post.
What I meant was to suggest you to read previous post throughout use of "search thread" function.

I have been through the game, yet I am making a re-run and a few questions I didn't have before just poped up:

1. Did Wes change the atacks(TMs/HMs) characteristics or does the 3rd Gen rule still applies to physical/special atacks? Are they still type-based, or did he make them like Gen 4/5?

2. Did he change the pokémon's stats or are they still the same as Gen 3? The ones from Gen 4 & 5, do they retain their replaced pokémon's stats or do they have new ones according to which pokémon they are?

I think that's all. Thanks :D
1. LP does follow 3rd game mechanics so there's no Physical/Special split =)

2. I don't think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Pokémon has changed their stats when 4th and 5th generation came.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2014
Gotta say!
Seems like one of the best pokemon hacks lately!!
That and Liquid Crystal, finished and great looking hacks.

I wish there was a way to play it on my iPhone though...got it on the PC working no white screen and saving but not on my iPhone...stupid GPSPHONE T__T

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014

Okay, sorry, I wasn't actually clear with that post.
What I meant was to suggest you to read previous post throughout use of "search thread" function.

1. LP does follow 3rd game mechanics so there's no Physical/Special split =)

2. I don't think 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Pokémon has changed their stats when 4th and 5th generation came.

Thanks Ash :D

About question 2, I meant for example: Lucario did not exist on gen3, therefore he replaced a pokémon in the pokédex (atleast I think so). What I mean is, did he edit that pokémon's stats to make it like lucario's or will they be "bugged" - (the pokémon he replaced stats)?

Also, did he edit any moves to "create" Gen 4/5 atacks, or not at all? That said, Gen 4/5 pokémon will learn other moves from gen 3 or lower has a replacement?

That brings me to the question, is lucario any good then?

Last but not least, my Electabuzz is "glitched". I was and am aware of the level decreasing when evolving to gen 4/5 pokémon, yet mine is a male and when he evolves he becomes a female >.>
Any way to fix this?

MasterArbitor

Fire Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 6, 2013
how do i know if i have the full version of the game? My starters were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita, but my cousin downloaded the game on his computer as well and had charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
what should I do at road 510 where team steam is blocking my way to noormeak city?
I used dig standing in the brown circle, but I was told I can't use it there.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks Ash :D

About question 2, I meant for example: Lucario did not exist on gen3, therefore he replaced a pokémon in the pokédex (atleast I think so). What I mean is, did he edit that pokémon's stats to make it like lucario's or will they be "bugged" - (the pokémon he replaced stats)?

Also, did he edit any moves to "create" Gen 4/5 atacks, or not at all? That said, Gen 4/5 pokémon will learn other moves from gen 3 or lower has a replacement?

That brings me to the question, is lucario any good then?

Last but not least, my Electabuzz is "glitched". I was and am aware of the level decreasing when evolving to gen 4/5 pokémon, yet mine is a male and when he evolves he becomes a female >.>
Any way to fix this?
Lucario is always good choice :D
Well onto the question...s :D
Yes, Pokémon from gen 4/5 have right stats, though their movesets are changed (which brings us to the next question) because Wes did not change any moves, besides the ones that are used in gameplay like Lava Surf, Glide, etc... :)
Electabuzz's issue has already been answered.
It's like this: Electabuzz has its own growth rate and some chance to be male/female.
Added Electivire has unfortunately different growth rate and I presume 100% to be female. Wes just forgot to edit these minor things ;)

what should I do at road 510 where team steam is blocking my way to noormeak city?
This is really weird... this is starting to be really serious bug... can you use Dig otherwise? Like to escape from some cave?

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2020
Bueno wesley sabes que tu hack es fabuloso espero que subas nuevamente lo que falto como la trainer card la mochila y esas cosas asi al final se podria reconocer un hack con todos los graficos cambiados!!, espero ver como te encaminas a nuevos proyectos y suerte hermano

Years
Hey !

I just wanted to mention a few bugs I encountered in Flamerny City. I beat Prof. Ellie who told me about the Aron and Super Repel and everything. So I went to Mt Vulcan, only to realize I had no Super Repel. So I went back out, found the SR west of the city, but when I wanted to go back to Mt Vulcan there was a guy blocking the way and saying "only authorized personal". So I think there's a bug that somehow prevents from entering Mt Vulcan twice or something.

The only way I found around the problem was to use a walk through walls cheat code. Then I had another problem, which might be linked to me using a cheat, but I don't know. Anyway, I gave Luke the Super Repel but when I got out of Mt Vulcan, the Aron were still in the city and the entrance to the Gym was still blocked. So I had to use the cheat again to get my badge.

I hope that I haven't broken anything by using this cheat and that I won't get any problem linked to that further in the game, because it's quite long and I wouldn't want to start all over again hehe.

Years
how do i know if i have the full version of the game? My starters were Cyndaquil, Totodile, and Chikorita, but my cousin downloaded the game on his computer as well and had charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle.

The beta you downloaded is an old one and is not also completed with foreign language.. so the beta your cousin downloaded probably with the name of SNAKEBYTE along with it is complete and the latest one...

You have to press A button not the Dig option on that hole...

Last edited:
Years
The beta you downloaded is an old one and is not also completed with foreign language.. so the beta your cousin downloaded probably with the name of SNAKEBYTE along with it is complete and the latest one...

Really?! And where does the "old" one stop? Because I also had Charmander as a starter. I downloaded it from here, though...

Ok, so apparently my message is too short so I'm writing stuff to lengthen it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2022
Well, I got my ROM to work, somehow. So, since the game gave us access to some Ice Zone Safari straight at the beginning, I decided to take this opportunity to do a Mono-ice team.

So, I have two questions related to evolutions:
-I got a Snorunt that I want to evolve into Froslass. Normally, it would require it to be female and to use a Dawn Stone on it. So, how can it evolve in this hack? If it requires a Dawn Stone, where can I find the first one?
-I got a Swinub, which I'd like to see evolve into Mamoswine eventually. Again, how can he evolve in this hack?

Back