• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OOC thread for: A New Beginning - Sinnoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
(Quick post, so no fancy font. Aww. )

@Master: I'm glad you told me earlier! Trust me, its one of my pet peeves when someone joins a roleplay, then leaves because they dont have time to manage it.

@Mr. Person: Sounds good for a Turtwig. Accepted.

@Plan B: Your post made me want to join the role-play myself. (Thats a very good thing)
If it was up to me, you could get at least 2 starters with that D:

About your starter.. I suck at choosing just to warn you, but Buizel sounds like something that would suit your character.
(It has a Serious nature, which I suppose is good?)

Edit: I wont put you up for Buizel until I have your approval.. So get back to me soon!

In case you didnt pick up on it:
Accepted.

Annnddd..
To everyone: Since the RP thread isnt up yet (aww, again.), I'll revise it a bit, and submit it again.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Buizel eh? Interesting pick.

Alright I'll take it as it may make the adventure far more interesting.

And giving me an extra starter won't hurt lol.

Last edited:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
Alright, everyone who's currently accepted, please make your trainer cards.
I'll be making profiles after I'm content with the number of people.
(I'd like it if at least 1 more of the normal starters are chosen)

Edit: Pika Master's profile is MUCH better now. :}
Thank-you for editing!

(Another quick post with no fancy text)

I've re-submitted the RP with better rules o3o.
ACCEPT PLEASE, LOKI DDDDDD:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
Thats probably because I took the intro from an actual Pokemon game. o_o
Mind you its edited..

But yeah. xD
Its a basic trainer role-play to get me into the feel of managing threads.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
I've re-submitted the RP with better rules o3o.
ACCEPT PLEASE, LOKI DDDDDD:

Next time, just feel free to go ahead and PM me directly... xD;; I don't usually go through the OoC threads.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I just wanted to let you know that I will be joining this RP pretty much for sure (I was a bit skeptical at first), and despite what I said before I'll be able to make a sign-up soon. So... expect me to post it with a trainer card in the near future. XP

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
Umm.. nice to know that the doubts are out of the way?
(I really dont know quite what to say)
o_o

Moving on. xD'
Are you still interested in Gible?

Edit: If so, please proceed to making a sign-up.
If you continue to write anything like I've seen in other threads, it'll be accepted quickly.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
Umm.. nice to know that the doubts are out of the way?
(I really dont know quite what to say)
o_o

Oh, I wasn't exactly expecting a response; I just wanted to make it clear that I'd be able to sign-up soon rather than later or not at all, because of how unsure I was about reserving at all. Speaking of which, here's the sign-up. I wanted to try something new for once and make a character who acts cold and cruel. If there'sany issues with her, though (the sign-up, how I'm RPing her, etc.), let me know. To be honest, I've never RP'ed a character with the sort of "rival" personality before, but it's something I'd like to try out.

Name: Rachel Rubison
Birthday: September 24th, 1995

Appearance: While Rachel is quite tall, she is also very slender. In fact, one could easily call her "sickly" just by looking at how skinny she is, though she really is just naturally this size. Her skin is pale; her hair goes down to a little ways past her shoulder in straight strands of midnight-black. One of the more peculiar things about her is her eyes. One is an earthy shade of green, and the other is as deep blue as the sea.

Rachel seems to have a thing with black tops. She is rarely seen not wearing one, and doesn't seem to care what kind of top it is; T-shirts, blouses, sweaters... As long as it's black, she'll wear it. On the other hand, she doesn't even own any black pants. Often she is seen with blue jeans, khakis, or other similar things (excluding shorts; Rachel hates shorts), but never anything black besides her top. She has a few ear rings she puts on every once in a while, and a few pairs of shoes to choose from. Usually, though, she will wear her tennis shoes, especially on a journey such as this one.

Personality: Even though she's a bit shy, Rachel is generally a cold person, and can sometimes be downright mean. There never really was a time in her life when she acted all that kind. To others she is rude, bossy, and inconsiderate most of the time. However, despite this apparent air of hostility, Rachel actually is a bit uncertain how to just get along with people and make friends. Beneath her harsh exterior, she is desperate to have a real, true friend she can rely on.

Unfortuately, Rachel never really got to know many Pokemon growing up, but always wanted to be a trainer and journey the region. The idea that Pokemon are just like humans, with thoughts and emotions and ideas, never really came through to her mind, as she rarely ever was given the opportunity to closely relate with them. Therefor, she is a harsh trainer who pushes her Pokemon rather brutally to get stronger and win. It isn't quite like abuse, but all the same she is definately notanywhere close to the nicest trainer out there. The sad fact is, she doesn't realize that her actions are wrong, and goes on like this believing there is no pain or consequence caused.

Otherwise, Rachel tends to be rather reserved. She isn't one to act all outgoing and make many friends, and if she does make friends they usually aren't the type who are very close with her. Her longing for a companion, however, might be answered on this journey with her Pokemon... How this will effect her personality, only time may tell.

History: The first ten years of Rachel's life were spent in Veilstone City, her hometown, with her two wealthy parents. Everything for her was generally normal. She was a fairly normal little girl, albeit more shy than most, who started school when she reached the age of five and turned out to be an average B/C student. Things were going well for her, but there were uprising troubles with her parents.

Rachel's father was an excessive alcaholic, a habit her mother greatly disapproved of. This was only one issue between them, though. There were financial problems as well, and that's not to mention the disputes they had about how to parent their child. Fights between them became more and more frequent. And then, Rachel's father found out that his wife had been seeing some Pokemon breeder from Johto.

The divorce came soon afterward. Rachel's mother recieved custody of her daughter, and they moved to Sandgem Town for peace and quiet while her father remained in Veilstone. The move and the divorce stressed Rachel greatly. It also was not long before her mother and the man she had been seeing were married. This displeased her even more. Who did this guy think he was, coming in and trying to replace her father? And why did she have to move away from her school, her life, her home? Rachel didn't dare tell her mother these things though, knowing she was just as stressed and upset. Instead, she just held her pain in and tried to live on, though she hasn't heard from or seen her father since the divorce. Now she's lived in Sandgem for three years, and finally, with her new Pokemon, she is ready to begin a Pokemon journey, simply for the sake of escaping her past family issues and problems.

Requested starter: Gible (the statistics you provided will work perfectly)
History of starter: Rachel recieved Gible from her stepfather, who works at a sancutuary specifically for Dragon-Type Pokemon. He was born in Johto near Mt.Silver (where this sanctuary is), and spent the first month or two of his life as any other young Gible would. But, poachers were a frequent problem around the Mt.Silver area, and they occasionally would dare to trespass into the Silver Falls Dragon-Sanctuary looking for rare Pokemon to hunt. This Gible lost his mother to a poacher, and his father had long since left his mate to continue his life elsewhere. While the poacher was found and arrested, the Gible was left without a parent. The staff of the santuary knew he would not survive on his own, and that he could not raise the baby Dragon-Type as a Garchomp mother would, so Rachel's stepfather decided to capture him and bring him to his home in Sandgem Town, Sinnoh. After all, his stepdaughter wanted to become a trainer, and he thought she would approve of such a rare Pokemon.

Role-play sample: One of my (longer) posts from "A Journey", Oni Raichu's RPG...

In a flash of light, the Pokeball split open. A bright white burst of energy emerged and travelled down to the floor, seeming to explode with a miraculous sensation of excitement for Amelia. Ever so slowly, it cleared away, and the first Pokemon Amelia would befriend appeared.

The little thing was curled up tightly, and at first she thought it was not a Pokemon, but a peculiar yellow ball. Then she noticed its breathing, and saw tufts of white fur sticking out on its sides. Its whole back was a curled, round orb of bricklike golden-brown patterns in this position, and she could barely see a pair of triangular ears poking out from under what she guessed was its head.

"Oh, Sandshrew!" Elm said to the Pokemon in an encouraging tone, "It's okay. This is Amelia, your new trainer!"

"A... Sandshrew?" Amelia asked quizically. This wasn't exactly what she'd expected. She had been hoping for something neat and noticable, like a sparky little Shinx or a flaming Ponyta. But Sandshrew was just... well, plain. Ordinary. Nothing special. The look of disdain on her face was quite obvious for a few seconds. Then, the tiny creature nervously uncoiled itself.

Amelia turned her head down to her new Pokemon, and the first look it gave her melted her heart. Those eyes, big and black, stared up at her with hope and worry. Ears held slightly back, tail curled arounds its back paws... It almost looked scared of her. Please accept me, its eyes begged helplessly. Please. All I want is a loving trainer...

That was all it took. She scooped up the Sandshrew in her arms and gave it a tight hug. As if acknowledging her acceptance, it let her do this and made a small sound that was remotely similar to a purr. The white fur on its underbelly was so soft... as it it had never before been touched by anything...

"Haha," Oak laughed, "It looks like you two are already friends. That's good. We could tell based on what we'd heard about you that Sandshrew would be your perfect starter out of the bunch! You'll see that he's really quite friendly, and he's also quite a good battler as well. Just a bit shy at first; that's all."

So it's a he, eh? Amelia thought to herself, looking at the Sandshrew again, who was contently resting in her arms with a sleepy look.

"I suppose we'll have to give you these, now, Amelia," Professor Elm said, handing her five shrunken Pokeballs and a handheld device. Amelia set down Sandshrew and accepted the items, clipping the Pokeballs to her special belt (her mom got it for her saying it was specifically for this purpose). Upon seeing her confused expression while looking at the device, Elm's eyes widened. "So I see you're not familiar with the Pokedex! It's something most trainers use. Whenever you meet a Pokemon, it automatically records data on it to let you keep track of how many you've seen. It also comes with plenty of extra features, but you can figure them out for yourself later."

"Well, I'm assuming you know the basics of what to do, right?" Oak asked. "After all, you know about raising Pokemon if I'm correct, with your grandparants running the Day Care and Breeding Center back in Solaceon?" Amelia nodded, shoving the Pokedex into her right pocket. Besides, even if she did have trouble, she'd manage to find out what to do on her own with experience.

"Alright, then," Elm said conclusively, "Take care on your journey. And good luck with Sandshrew, too!"

"Should I put him back in his Pokeball now?" Amelia asked.

Elm shrugged. "You can if you want to. You don't have to, though."

Amelia picked her Pokemon up again, and with that, she stepped out of he room, Sandshrew in one arm and his Pokeball in the opposite hand.

And here's her trainer card:

03a885826e8d0707465ff30faea42ab8.png

Last edited:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
You certainly deserve Gible.
Accepted.

I was just now debating whether to let the people who dont have normal starter Pokemon, to either already have them, or obtain them later.

Anyway, I actually like the idea that there'd be a character with a 'rival-type' personality in the mix.
It'll be quite interesting to see how you react to the others.

Now, I'll finish up editing the main RP page, then start to work on the Character Profiles, and the illustrations for the first chapter post.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2019
Um... It's not really important or anything, but I'd like to point out that Turtwig starts out with tackle and withdraw, not leer. By the way, I can't wait for this to start =)

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
Oh right.. -_-
I was thinking of a lower level Turtwig, and how it learns withdraw at level 5.
But it IS level 5.
T3T

-goes to fix it-

I'm also in the midst of making the first post.. (I'll draw the illustrations afterward)
I'd appreciate it if at least 2 other spots were taken up before we begin, to help keep things at a brisk pace.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Name: Akira Janson

Appearance: Akira is fairly tall at 6'1", Has Blue eyes, fairly tan skin, and long Blue hair that falls to his shoulders. Akira is pretty thin, but not to the point where he is skin and bones. Akira always wears a chain necklace over a Black shirt that goes down to his pockets. His pants are black and baggy, with tears near the bottom. He doesn't wear shoes unless he goes into sand or forests, and even then they're only cheap flip flops. Akira also owns some goggles that he uses when it's rainy.

History: Akira was born with a fatal blood infection and had to stay at the hospital for nine days before getting a blood transfusion, saving his life. After five years, Akira gained a feirce rivalry with his brother David whom was 8 years old, but Akira couldn't ever beat David, being too young and all. When Akira turned ten, David went out on a journey and became a good battler. And when David went out and started winning tournaments, he forgot about his family. Akira now wants to beat his brother, but he knows that is only a dream(or is it?).

Personality: Akira may look like someone to not make friends with. But he is a nice guy, although he is a little overconfident. If you get to know Akira, then he would be a loyal friend, but he won't forgive anyone who betrays him even once. His desire to be friends with pokemon is good, not overbearing (e.g. Ash Ketchum) but normal. Akira doesn't like David, since he left the family, but is determined to show that David isn't the only good trainer in the family.

Preferred Starter: Piplup

RP Sample: A post from Pokemon Adventure: Kanto Region

After fighting Dennis, Chris was able to get out of Mt. Moon, when he got out, he met someone unusual.

"Hey, you look a little like me." Said the boy with a grin on his face. "You want to battle?"

Chris smirked and he replied with. "Sure, but don't cry when you lose"

"Heh, like that's going to happen. Oh, and my name is Bobby Baker." Said Bobby before grabbing a pokeball.

"Oh yeah, Bobby? Well I beat a man who traveled the world with my weakest and strongest pokemon!" Said Chris trying to psyche Bobby out, but Bobby just replied with.

"You mean Dennis? I can beat him with my eyes closed." Said Bobby trying to psyche Chris out in return. But that just made Chris mad.

"I'll beat you, with my eyes closed! three on three battle!" Yelled Chris. But Bobby just smirded and grabbed a pokeball.

"Enough, go Oddish!" Yelled Bobby in annoyance. And out comes a freshly caught Oddish. Chris just laughed on the inside.

"Let's do this! Go, Pidgey!" Yelled Chris with confidence. And out came Chris's first caught pokemon. Now Bobby sweated for his Oddish. "Your move." Said Chris waiting for Bobby's first strike.

"Oddish, start out with, err... Absorb?" Started Bobby, but Pidgey was able to stand there and take the attack easily.

"This will end, Pidgey use Gust!" Ordered Chris. Pidgey's eyes glinted before blasting Oddish with a Gust ending it in one shot.

"No, return!" Said Bobby, before sending out his second pokemon. "Go! Charmeleon!" And in a flash, Bobby's strongest Pokemon came out.

"Pidgey, start with Tackle!" Called out Chris. But just as Pidgey got close, Bobby smirked and pointed towards Charmeleon. "Huh? Pidgey! Get out of the way NOW!" Yelled Chris in panic. Pidgey started to react, but Bobby's command was quickly spoken.

"Charmeleon, use Mega Punch!" Said Bobby with a grin. Pidgey was barely able to move out of the way before the punch came through. Chris sighed as Pidgey started to fly up to get away from Charmeleon, but Pidgey knew somehow that he was going to lose and it was going to be painful.

"Pidgey, counter with Gust!" Yelled out Chris. Pidgey blasted Charmeleon with crushing winds, but the fire lizard stood there with barely a scratch. Pidgey paled knowing he was screwed.

"Hmph use Ember, Charmeleon!" Commanded Bobby. This time, Pidgey had no time to dodge as the embers knocked him out in one shot.

"Grr... Return Pidgey!" Yelled Chris before sending out Dratini. "Dratini, use Thunder Wave, then Dragon Rage!" Dratini fired the thunder wave at Charmeleon, but he moved out of the way and rushed over next to Dratini, still as strong even after taking a Dragon Rage to the face.

"Mega Punch now!" Yelled Bobby. Charmeleon punched Dratini, taking it out in one hit. Chris looked on in shock, a powerful move like Dragon Rage was just shaken off like a loose coat, and the fact that his first pokemon was taken down so easily.

"Return, Dratini. Go, Mankey!" Yelled Chris as the monkey came out from the pokeball. Mankey was able to see what had happened and started to move with caution.

"Use Ember when Mankey gets close!" Yelled Bobby to his faithful pokemon. Charmeleon nodded as he started to take in oxygen slowly. Readying his powerful attack.

"Mankey, start with Karate Chop!" Yelled Chris. Mankey went to chop Charmeleon, but just as Mankey reached the lizard, Charmeleon blasted Mankey with Ember, but to everyone's surprise Mankey's attack connected and did major damage to Charmeleon. But Mankey dropped from exhaustion from fighting Dennis. "No! I-I lost?"

Bobby smirked as he returned Charmeleon. "Grow up, you can't win all of the time. Just accept your loss and learn from it. After all your Mankey managed to hurt my Charmeleon with a fierce attack. Be proud of your pokemon, who knows we may meet again? But you should just accept your loss." Said Bobby before walking down towards Cerulean, most likely to heal his pokemon. Chris just stood there shocked at how easily he lost.

After a minute Chris started to move. "Yeah, Bobby was right. I gotta accept my losses for that is what will make me great." Said Chris to himself as he started running to catch up with Bobby.

Bobby looked back and paled seeing Chris running at him, but he decided to stay and listen. Chris smiled as he passed Bobby saying only two things.

"Thank you." And those were the last words Chris said to Bobby, for this encounter.

Bobby smiled and replied with. "You're welcome."

Here's Akira's trainer card:

a1ec01846c4d2b459fd3b20a25ae25ea.png

Last edited:

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
@Rubii Naruto: I literally laughed when you took note of Ash's overbearing desire to make all Pokemon his friends. It was a nice touch, I must say!
Accepted.

I might want to take on David in the role-play if they ever meet up. Your opinion?

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
Sure, I don't care. But just remember, it'll be pretty late in the RP(Since David is as strong or maybe(and I mean maybe) stronger then Cynthia.)

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
Ahh I see.
Thats perfectly fine as me, I just thought it might be a good twist in the future.

To everyone: I'd prefer to have all the starters filled, but I'll be willing to start with one more roll filled.

Sayaira

Pokemon fan since 1993.
Years
@Zimvee: Oh D: Sorry about that.. It just seems more oragnized this way.
I'm good at getting people to sign up? Not really o3o
They just come if they like the idea.

Sinnoh's popular now, because of the recent game releases. -nod nod-

Are you interested in signing up?
You're already in a lot of other ones, but I wanted to put the idea out there.

@Rubii Naruto: I'd appreciate it, though I'd like to have the information a little later in the story development; more toward where he shows up. Though if you want to send it to me now, I wouldnt mind.

-Finished making the first post, AND 1/2 pieces of art for the post. :3 Sweet.-

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Name: Jacob Christopher Scovner
Birthday: September 15, 1992

Appearance: Jacob stands at 5'6" and weighs 110 lbs. For his age, he is quite light, and his body shows this. He is thin, and appears to be quite weak. Although Jacob is lazy, his high metabolism keeps him at an average body appearance. He has strawberry-blond hair, dark brown eyes, and has both blond eyelashes and eyebrows. Not only does he look young for his age, but his puberty has just kicked in, so he has to go through the awkward voice changes, new hair growth, and developing body odor. He wears a gray long sleeve shirt, with a blue short sleeve shirt on top, with deep khaki shorts. He wears Samba sneakers (which are black with white stripes, soccer shoes), a white wristband, and a gold necklace his mother gave him when he was born.

Personality: Jacob is independent, shy, and respectful. Most people claim he's an outcast, but once people get to know him, they have respect for who he is and become deeply attached to him. Around close friends and family, his sense of humor shines, along with his sarcastic nature, which he learned from his father. When it comes to school, he doesn't do his homeworks, because he has no drive to accomplish anything. His real love is for Pokemon, and in his school, and talk about the amazing animals in banned. He has to hide his love, but that just makes his love for Pokemon deeper.

History: Jacob grew up in Gateon Port in the Orre region, but his family moved to Twinleaf Town when he was at age 7. His parents knew one day that he would love to embark on his own Pokemon adventure, but at the thought of losing their precious baby, and putting him in harms way, they sent him to a boarding school that prohibited talk about Pokemon, to make him forget his dream. Unfortunately for him, this only made his dream grow stronger. He made frequent visits home to try to talk his parents in to the idea, and after many failed attempts, they bought into the idea.

Requested starter: Pikachu
History of starter: You know Ash Ketchum's Pikachu? Well...his had a baby (with another female Pikachu, but that's another story)!!! A cute little Pichu, and Prof. Oak sent it over to Prof. Rowan to study, as he has little experience with species, as it is rare around Sinnoh. He raised it like a child, and through giving it plenty of love, it evolved at level 5!! This Pikachu has been brought up well, and has a thorough trust of people.

Role-play sample: Sadly, I have no other experience in another RP, but hey, where else to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back