• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Here's what I'm predicting so far...

KY9pIaz.png

How accurate do you guys think I am?

I can just imagine, the 3DS misinterprets you turning your 3DS upside-down, or you do it too slowly/late--gotta level up again! Yeah, doesn't seem like a feature I'd like to see.
And I don't want to have one of the rivals give you their starters because...well, first off, then rechallenging them will be...awkward, if they keep that. Why the starter, of all things? And if we really have another professor who gives you a Kanto starter, then you get your rival's starter, and then you have your own.......

Some of the things this guy says are okay, the rest are just...bad. If he is legit, I'm hoping some of these things are just lies made up by him.

Wasn't the Kanto starter thing a rumor in the last two generations?

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Here's what I'm predicting so far...

34aqsIU.png

How accurate do you guys think I am?
I'm sorry, your graph is completely incorrect. There is no Light type, only a Fairy type. ;)

Joking, of course, as we don't know officially yet.

Cyclone

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.
Maybe this also has to do with the new graphics. For example, having a tree blocking your path has always sounded stupid, but the old graphics made it look, let's say, plausible. However, with the new fully 3D graphics, I think it's pretty hard not to make it look completely ridiculous.
So I'm guessing HM Cut won't exist anymore.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Wasn't the Kanto starter thing a rumor in the last two generations?

Yeah, but getting a Kanto starter at the end of the game when you're only given your own starter at the start is one thing. But getting your starter in the beginning, and then your rival's AND a Kanto one in the end? When your rival's will probably be trained? That's too much, I think. Pokémon is all about the trading--starters especially. What's the point of getting 2/3 starters then? You'll have no need to trade.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Moving my reply from the speculation thread to here.

The comedy involved in his evolution method discussion is priceless. Hold your system upside down? Have a Dark type in your party to cause evolution? I think there would be way too much confusion about evolving Pokémon if these types of things were true.

Cyclone

Well doesn't Mantyke already require a Remoraid in the party to evolve? I don't think Pancham's evolution method is any more confusing than that.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Yeah, but getting a Kanto starter at the end of the game when you're only given your own starter at the start is one thing. But getting your starter in the beginning, and then your rival's AND a Kanto one in the end? When your rival's will probably be trained? That's too much, I think. Pokémon is all about the trading--starters especially. What's the point of getting 2/3 starters then? You'll have no need to trade.

I'm saying that's its likely these rumors are false because of it being a copypasta'd rumor from years ago...

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Well doesn't Mantyke already require a Remoraid in the party to evolve? I don't think Pancham's evolution method is any more confusing than that.

Except Dark types are scarce enough as it is. Currently there is only 23 dark types (if Pokemon with evolutions only counted once, and not 3 times for example.) That doesn't leave Pancham with many options, and who is to even say there will be many dark types in any early routes? Unless you can have two Panchams in a party and have both evolve, but that is a lame loop hole I just can't imagine in the game. It just doesn't make much sense to do this evolutionary method with Dark types to me.

Not to mention what is even the point in Pancham specifically having this way to evolve. Evolutions don't just randomly happen, they make sense. Something like Nincada evolves into Ninjask AND Shedinja because it leaves behind a shell of itself, something real life Cicada's do. It makes sense. Mantyke evolves with Remoraid in the party because they have a relationship of symbiosis. Remoraid help clean Mantyke of debris and other small fish, while Mantyke is Remoraids 'shield' from bigger predators. It makes sense for them to have an evolution related to each other. Pancham's rumored evolution here however does not seem to make sense to me, but rather just seems to be thrown together as a half-assed gimmick with no reason.

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
Pancham's rumored evolution here however does not seem to make sense to me, but rather just seems to be thrown together as a half-assed gimmick with no reason.
Hmmm... maybe, since Pancham is a Fighting type and its evolution Fighting/Dark, it needs a Dark Pokémon in the party to act like some kind of Darth Vader ;)
Spoiler:

I actually think it makes total sense.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I'm just mad that PokeBeach posted the info. If they end up being true then they're massive spoilers for a game that was meant to be easy to stay spoiler free from seeing as we got the same info as Japan did. I hope it's not too late for GF to change things about the games that were leaked haha.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Hmmm... maybe, since Pancham is a Fighting type and its evolution Fighting/Dark, it needs a Dark Pokémon in the party to act like some kind of Darth Vader ;)
Spoiler:

I actually think it makes total sense.

I'm thinking the same thing. Kind of like a dark influence on him. This also leads me to believe that he might have a Fighting / Fairy (or whatever the new type is) evolution as well that works in the same way.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I posted this on the general chat and speculation, then i saw i should post it here so here it is again.

I saw this article on pokebeach today, it is supposed to be the last information from that "insider" guy. it mentioned the following rumors.

*Pancham evolves into Pangoro in the early level 30s. In order to evolve Pancham into Pangoro, you need to have one other Dark-type Pokemon in your party. Pangoro's type is Fighting/dark

*A Pokemon named Inkay evolves into Malimar. To evolve it, you have to hold your 3DS upside-down when it levels up (the 3DS has an accelerometer and gyroscope, so it can detect that). Malimar's type is Dark/Psychic.

*A Psychic-type Pokemon named Espurr (ESP + purr) evolves into Meowstick (Meow + mystic?). (Sounds like Psychic-type cats. Meowstick's name sounds too similar to Meowth to me though.)

*Like in B/W you have two rivals - one is friendly and the other is competitive. Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game.

*Another professor named Sycamore gives you either Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle.

*Even though it shows the player riding on a Gogoat in the new trailer, players can't ride on their own Pokemon. What was shown is just an alternate way of getting around Lumiose City and it only works with Gogoat.

*HMs still exist but there's a lot less of them.

*Players will be able to see their Pokemon's EVs (probably through the same in-game facility mentioned in the other post).

*A new move, Belch, is a Poison-type attack that has a base power of 120. The user must consume a held Berry to perform it.

*Draining Kiss is a Fairy-type attack that heals the user for the same amount of damage performed. It has a base power of 60.

*If the previously revealed forme of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly similar to Mewtwo's original design, the second supposed form of Mewtwo can be said to look roughly/vaguely similar to Mew's design.

*In case you missed our correction the other day, the Starters' final evolutions are Fire/Psychic, Grass/Dark, and Water/Fighting.

I personally think the evolution methods are pretty stupid. Holding a DS upside down, so you can evolve it at whatever level you want as long as you hold your DS upside down?
The poison attack seems cool though.

*But Bear-based Pokemon have mono-types, so this has to be false.

*Best Evolution Method Ever XD

*Another cat Pokemon, as expected

*That's kinda sad don't you think?

*I want to believe ;_;

*Well that stinks

*At least there's less of them

*Thank you!

*What happens if the user doesn't hold a berry?

*Could be useful

*But which of those two forme should Mewtw use upon his return to Super Smash Bros.? That's what concerns me

*But aren't secondary types for starter Pokemon suppose to be only types that were formerly physical-based prior to Gen IV? Also, no starter trio is suppose to have one starter whose secondary type makes it immune to the other starter's secondary type from the same trio.

I hope a few of these rumors are false, because they're pattern breakers.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Duly noted. Tell me something. Do you lose the Remoraid when Mantyke evolves? Clearly Mantine is pictured with the Remoraid attached, though in the anime it's frequently seen without it.

Maybe Mantyke is found in the Kalos region and there are other Pokémon that evolve like it does.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
*But Bear-based Pokemon have mono-types, so this has to be false.

*Best Evolution Method Ever XD

*Another cat Pokemon, as expected

*That's kinda sad don't you think?

*I want to believe ;_;

*Well that stinks

*At least there's less of them

*Thank you!

*What happens if the user doesn't hold a berry?

*Could be useful

*But which of those two forme should Mewtwo use upon his return to Super Smash Bros.? That's what concerns me

*But aren't secondary types for starter Pokemon suppose to be only types that were formerly physical-based prior to Gen IV? Also, no starter trio is suppose to have one starter whose secondary type makes it immune to the other starter's secondary type from the same trio.

I hope a few of these rumors are false, because they're pattern breakers.
Bear based Pokémon don't necessary have to be monotype, I just think that's a coincidence of the one's we've had thus far.
I'm guessing with the lack of berry it won't work just like other berry/item using moves.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Belch will be a pretty gud move if its added but needs a berry to use that attack.
So, does it means that WHITE HERB will not work fr this move?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
I've heard a lot about "G.R.A.M.P.S.", where each letter in the said word is also the first letter of an Antagonistic Party's name. (Galactic, Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Plasma, S...?)

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I've heard a lot about "G.R.A.M.P.S.", where each letter in the said word is also the first letter of an Antagonistic Party's name. (Galactic, Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Plasma, S...?)

Team Sifilis? This generation is going to suck...

For realz...
Team Spectrum?
Team Synergy?
The Syndicate?
Team Sparta xD?

Years
i like the upside-down evolution method.
its really simple, no need for an item, trade, happiness etc.
and also i can see a potential in this evolution method, it can be use to evolve a split evolution pokemon, for example vigoroth who is energetic pokemon evolve to slaking who is really lazy.
but if we hold the 3ds upside-down he will evolve to a new energetic pokemon.
the same can be done other pokemon, mankey for example(evolve to a calm pokemon instead of the angry primeape)

what do you think?

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years
Well, the whole generation is definitely genetics based.
The Professor's name is Patrice, which is another name for the Radix tree, an extension of binary search trees.

Back