• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

4th Gen 4th Generation Travel Journal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokemon SoulSilver: So, after being Falkner, I made my way to Azalea Town, which Shaymoose and Zeus evolved into Croconaw and Flaaffy. I beat Bugsy with both of them then went to Goldenrod City. I got Kenya the Fearow from the guy in the little building and then defeated Whitney. I then went to Ecruteak City and caught myself a Magmar and named it Blaster. I then Immediately traded and evolved it into Magmortar then backtracked to Goldenrod and took Bill's Eevee of his hands and named it Psy. I rode my bike for a few hours and evolved it into Espeon before grinding both up to Lv20. Then I trained them on the Trainers I deliberately avoided. I defeated Morty with Psy's Confusion and Blaster's Faint Attack. I ran towards Olivine then surfed to Cianwood. I beat Chuck with Kenya's Aerial Ace and Zeus' ThunderPunch. I stopped afterwards

Spoiler:

Pokemon Platinum: After beating Roark, I backtracked to Jubilife and then travelled through Eterna Forest. I then took out Gardenia and went into the Old Chateau in Eterna Forest. I found Rotom and named it Zero and then took out Team Galactic. I went past the trainers on Cycling Road and caught a Gible that I named Gibbs. Then I grinded a lot and caught a bunch of new Pokemon for the Pokedex. I took out Fantina afterwards.

Spoiler:

EDIT: I flew to Olivine City and took out Jasmine. I sort of hoped for the Safari Zone to open but I guess I have to wait.
Spoiler:

EDIT: After beating Jasmine, I backtracked to areas like Union Cave, Ruins of Alph and Slowpoke Well to catch pokemon and collect items. Then I made my way to Mahogany and spent a whole 5 hours looking for a marill. Which I shortly killed once finding. Luckily, a second one game back after a few battles. Then I caught the Shiny Gyarados and beat Team Rocket. Pryce was way under leveled compared to me, but his Dewgong but up a good fight, since it used Rest a lot and he would use Healing items unexpectedly. What could've been a Two-Turn fight, turned into an Eight-Turn Fight.

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

FERALIGATR [Shaymoose] Lv37 (M)
Serious Nature @King's Rock
-Ice Fang
-Slash
-Surf
-Crunch
Spr_4h_181.png

AMPHAROS [Zeus] Lv37 (M)
Quiet Nature @Magnet
-Strength
-ThunderPunch
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

Spr_4h_022.png

FEAROW [Kenya] Lv37 (F)
Hasty Nature @Grass Mail
-Fly
-Fury Attack
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
Spr_4p_467.png

MAGMORTAR [Blaster] Lv37 (F)
Docile Nature @Charcoal
-Smog
-Faint Attack
-Lava Plume
-Confuse Ray
Spr_4h_196.png

ESPEON [Psy] Lv36 (F)
Quiet Nature @Shell Bell
-Swagger
-Quick Attack

-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball

EDIT: So, I went ahead and beat my rival before going towards Veilstone, getting Pokemon from the pokedex on the way. Then I got a Houndour, that I named Midnight, after the Houndour I had in XD. It quickly evolved into Houndoom but it wasn't helpful for Maylene's Gym, neither will it be for the next one.

Team:
Spr_4p_389.png

TORTERRA [Oak] Lv34 (M)
Sassy Nature @Quick Claw
-Earthquake
-Bite
-Grass Knot
-Razor Leaf

Spr_4p_398_f.png

STARAPTOR [Skye] Lv34 (F)
Calm Nature @Fist Plate
-Aerial Ace
-Take Down
-Close Combat
-Steel Wing
Spr_4p_479.png

ROTOM [Zero] Lv34
Rash Nature @Spooky Plate
-ThunderShock
-Confuse Ray
-Ominous Wind

-Shock Wave
Spr_4p_444_m.png

GABITE [Gibbs] Lv34 (M)
Quirky Nature @Shell Bell
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Tomb
-Slash
-Shadow Claw
Spr_4p_229_f.png

HOUNDOOM [Midnight] Lv28 (F)
Naughty Nature @Dread Plate
-Smog
-Roar
-Bite
-Beat Up

Team Summary (Better One in Signature)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Turbo_Dee

DisrespectDead
Years
I've been traipsing round the Sinnoh region recently, with the aim of training my Dragonair and Scizor to a respectable level. I eventually got sidetracked by an urge to capture some legendary pokemon. This fantastical journey led me across the region, my Crobat barely taking the strain of my hefty body as it flew me over rooftops, woodland canopy and snowy mountain peaks with its deceptively strong four wings, and what a region it is. We stopped a few times and had a coffee together, we both nibbled on some juicy, uncooked carrots. I wanted Zoobat to know that he was my equal, and that I would run him across the landscape if our roles were ever reversed in some sort of weird, film-like scenario. He appreciated the sentiment.

My quest took me up the sheer heights of Stark Mountain and towards Heatran, who proved to be quite the adversary. I didn't have many things strong enough to take a hit from him, and whittle his health down. Most of my Pokemon are either absurdly strong or relegated to the PC where they spend the rest of their miserable lives in agonising solitude. It really is a cruel word. So, I chose to use my Empoleon as I trusted that his Flash Cannon would be ideal for taking his health down slowly, which proved to be the case. Occasionally, I had Empoleon spray me down with Surf, such was the ferocity of the heat deep in the magma pits of Stark Mountain. After what felt like an eternity, I finally caught Heatran with an Ultra ball. I quickly pulled a rope out of my bag, and somehow ended up outside the caverns. I felt bad about leaving so many broken pokeballs scattered around the area, but I assume they'll just melt, eventually.

Next, I'll go after the three Legendary Golems. Stick around.

Years
Hikari's Platinum Adventure

Since my last post, I beat both Fantina and Maylene and caught two new members for my team.

Also, my little Staravia evolved. Dumped Budew and replaced her with a new Roselia. And I also added a Quagsire to my team to replace Psyduck.

And I teamed up with Lucas to take down the two Galactic Grunts.

monferno.png

Monferno ♂ Lv33
Rash nature
Blaze
Somewhat vain
- Mach Punch
- Flame Wheel
- Ember
- Taunt

staraptor-f.png

Staraptor ♀ Lv35
Rash nature
Intimidate
Somewhat vain
- Aerial Ace
- Double Team
- Fly
- Close Combat

roselia-f.png

Roselia ♀ Lv25
Bold nature
Natural Cure
Likes to thrash about
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Magical Leaf
- GrassWhistle

quagsire-f.png

Quagsire ♀ Lv28
Lax nature
Water Absorb
Quick tempered
- Mud Shot
- Slam
- Mud Bomb
- Amnesia

bidoof.png

Bidoof ♂ Lv9
Hasty nature
Unaware
Likes to thrash about
- Tackle
- Rock Smash
- Growl

Years
Pokemon SoulSilver: After beating Pryce, I got a call from Elm, telling me about Goldenrod's strange announcements. When I got there, I tried sneaking into the building using a Team Rocket Outfit, but it didn't quite work. I learnt the location of the Chairman and went down to get him but my rival Nick came and interrupted. He wasn't a challenge at all, so after destroying Team Rocket's temporary commander it became much better. Then I caught some Pokemon on the next Route, and sped through Ice path. afterwards I went back and caught pokemon in Ice Path and the Route past Blackthorn. Then I flew back to the route near mahogany and got a remoraid for the dex. I took out Clair and answered the Dragon Master's questions earning me the badge. I then took a little time to get the Dragon Pulse TM and my newest Team addition, Xtream the Dratini; who knows the move ExtremeSpeed.

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

FERALIGATR [Shaymoose] Lv41 (M)
-Ice Fang
-Slash
-Waterfall
-Crunch
Spr_4h_181.png

AMPHAROS [Zeus] Lv341 (M)
Quiet Nature @Magnet
-Strength
-ThunderPunch
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

Spr_4h_022.png

FEAROW [Kenya] Lv41 (F)
Hasty Nature @Grass Mail
-Fly
-Fury Attack
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
Spr_4p_467.png

MAGMORTAR [Blaster] Lv40 (F)
Docile Nature @Charcoal
-Smog
-Faint Attack
-Lava Plume
-Confuse Ray
Spr_4h_196.png

ESPEON [Psy] Lv41 (F)
Quiet Nature @Shell Bell
-Swagger
-Quick Attack

-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
Spr_4h_147.png

DRATINI [Xtream] Lv15 (M)
Naive Nature @None
-ExtremeSpeed
-Thunder Wave
-Surf
-Dragon Rage

Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
After beating Red in my previous run in Soul Silver, I decided that I need something to fill the void until Black 2 arrives at my doorstep. I transferred Team Soul to Pokemon Black and proceeded to reset my game. Though, before we continue, let's take a moment to see the old team.

156.gif
022.gif
407.gif
181.gif
028.gif
121.gif

Cindy - Pierce - Alexis - Tiffany - Digit - Eliz

-------

I started up the game with one motive and one motive only: A Pokemon Little Cup run. I chose Chikorita, as he is a really good wall with a pretty nice typing, even though the Johto region thinks otherwise. Named him QIAOK, after the almighty Chief QIAOK from Jimmy31428. Solo'd up until Sprout Tower with the little grass type, where I caught myself a Wooper (Reef/M), who would assist me against Falkner.

The duo was able to take down Violet City with ease. Elm realized my talents and then gave me an egg, which hatched into a Togepi (Angrykori!/M). This trio did very well cleaning up Bugzy and everything in between.

Then I caught a Vulpix (Hayley/F), as it's a pretty nice Fire-type and the Fire Blast TM from Goldenrod is just too good to pass up. Hayley was able to sweep Whitney pretty nicely, which is cool.

I then got to Ecruteak, where I caught a Magnemite (Rastaman) and it, along with Angrykori!, cleaned up Morty like he was nothing. I then went to go to get my final team member, Natu (Two-Two/F) and then after a grinding session, I then got bored of the challenge and decided I'd just play it normally. So QIAOK, Angrykori!, Reef and Two-Two all evolved and I headed out. Before fighting Chuck and Jasmine, I decided to stop at the Safari Zone and I found a Larvitar. I pressed my luck and threw a Pokeball, where it shook 3 times and then clicked! I never used a Larvitar before and since Angrykori! was doubling types with Two-Two, I decided to box him and transfer him to Black or even a future Platinum run later.

I beat Jasmine and Chuck and I'm now in the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany.

153.gif

QIAOK - Male - Level 29 [Overgrow] @ Miracle Seed
-Magical Leaf, Reflect, Synthesis and Poison Powder

This wall man, just that's all I really need to say. QIAOK never goes down in one hit, whether it's as weak as a Water Gun in the Sun or as strong as a STAB Flamethrower. For being a wall, QIAOK isn't actually a offensive slacker, being able to safely 2HKO Steelix in Overgrow range with Magical Leaf.

195.gif

Reef - Male - Level 27 [Water Absorb] @ Quick Claw
-Surf, Mud Shot, Mud Bomb and Headbutt

Reef is an odd case. He hasn't really done anything yet, but he doesn't seem like the weakest link of my team. I guess he's the jack-of-all-trades, I guess. 95 BP STAB move, otherwise known as Surf, by the 4th gym is pretty amazing btw. I didn't really get to abuse with in my previous run, seeing as I got Eliz after Chuck.

037.gif

Hayley - Female - Level 26 [Flash Fire] @ Charcoal
-Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp and Quick Attack

Named after the amazing Hayley Nicole Williams, of course <3. Fanboying aside, Hayley was a huge powerhouse ever since the start, especially when I was still following the LC mindset. Though, now that everything is evolving and there's been these plethora of water routes, she hasn't seen much action. Hopefully, once I'm done training my Larvitar, the Rocket Hideout and Pryce will fix this.

081.gif

Rastaman - Neutral - Level 28 [Magnet Pull] @ Metal Coat
-Flash Cannon, Spark, Thunder and Thunder Wave

So I heard this thing absolutely destroys Black/White 2. I'm going to have to say that Magnemite destroys Johto too. With soft reset and date changing abuse, I was able to get Flash Cannon onto this thing the second I caught it, along with the 120 BP Thunder too. Resists Morty and has a parade in the ocean route. Electric/Steel is an amazing typing, both offensively and defensively.

178.gif

Two-Two - Female - Level 28 [Synchronize] @ Shell Bell
-Shadow Ball, U-Turn, Me First and Fly

For those who've read my solorun back in the Nuzlocke Forums (hint: no one), you should know who this lovable bird is. Just like how she can destroy Gen II's Silver, she's back OHKOing everything with the the new Gen IV toys (and Special Shadow Ball). Can't wait to hit Clair in the face with a Me First boosted Dragon Pulse. ^.^

246.gif

♠Ace♠ - Male - Level 24 [Guts] @ Everstone
-Rock Slide, Dig, Payback and Screech

I still can't believe I caught one on my first try! I decided to name it Ace, as you could say that the capture was pure luck! Also, see that Everstone? Yeah, I don't like Pupitar that much. I'll probably postpone his evolution until he becomes completely lackluster or until he grows to Level 54, where he will evolve into Pupitar and then have a Rare Candy shortly afterwards, evolving into Tyranitar! Haha!

176.gif

Angrykori! - Male - Level 25 [Serene Grace] @
-Extrasensory, Encore, Charm and Metronome

Special mentions to this guy right here, breezing through Morty with Rastaman and rivaling QIAOK for the bulkiest member on my team. It's a shame that you have to go, but I do assure you, that you will see more of Angrykori! in future runs. Oh right, Angrykori!'s name comes from the same place Two-Two is from.

20px-Zephyr_Badge.png
20px-Hive_Badge.png
20px-Plain_Badge.png
20px-Mineral_Badge.png
20px-Storm_Badge.png
20px-Fog_Badge.png

Years
Pokemon SoulSilver: So, after a lot of stuff happening (Safari Zone stuff, Catching Lugia and other pokemon, traveling to the Pokemon League) I took out the E4. Against Will, Blaster and Psy double teamed them using Flamethrower and Shadow Ball. Against Koga, Psy and Kenya took them out using Psybeam and Fly. Against Bruno, Psy did most of the work with Psybeam, but Shaymoose and Kenya did help when they were needed. Against Karen, Blaster tried helping with Focus Blast, but he kept missing, Zeus did some good damage with Signal Beam and Psy destroyed the Poison types with Psybeam. When it cam down to fighting Lance, Xtream was no help, but because of Shaymoose's amazing stats and his Avalanche attack, he could take a hit from a Thunder, still survive then completely destroy using the 120 Attack Power x4 Damage of it.

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

FERALIGATR [Shaymoose] Lv46 (M)
-Avalanche
-Dragon Pulse
-Waterfall
-Crunch
Spr_4h_181.png

AMPHAROS [Zeus] Lv46 (M)
Quiet Nature @Magnet
-Strength
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

Spr_4h_022.png

FEAROW [Kenya] Lv45 (F)
Hasty Nature @Grass Mail
-Fly
-Secret Power
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
Spr_4p_467.png

MAGMORTAR [Blaster] Lv44 (F)
Docile Nature @Charcoal
-Smog
-Faint Attack
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Spr_4h_196.png

ESPEON [Psy] Lv45 (F)
Quiet Nature @Shell Bell
-Swagger
-Quick Attack

-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
Spr_4h_148.png

DRAGONAIR [Xtream] Lv45 (M)
Naive Nature @Dragons Fang
-ExtremeSpeed
-Surf
-Dragon Rush
-Blizzard

Spoiler:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Many things happened throughout my day of not posting in this thread, so let me lay down the details in a short yet informative matter.

I beat Pryce, having Rastaman evolve into Magneton in the process. He was actually extremely easy, as with both Rastaman's STABs and the ability to outspeed all of Pryce's team members, you couldn't even blink before it was over.

The Rocket Assault also went well. Just a little bit of extra training for Ace, that's all. On the way to Blackthorn though, I decided that my team needed a little makeover. I traded over Rastaman to Platinum, where I evolved him into a Magnezone. He is now the true nuke of my team, if he isn't already. In addition, when trading him back, I also gave him the Fire Stone, so I could evolve Hayley too. QIAOK had lots of fun in the route right before the Ice Path, as with the amount of Grass-weak Pokemon that inhabit it, he was able to evolve into a Meganium. Oh, I cecided to evolve Ace, as even though he has a horrible walking sprite, that Pupitar backsprite left me drooling.

At Blackthorn, I knew Clair was coming up and I knew she would be a challenge. Though, I put away my instinct of grinding and decided to fight her anyways, as I absolutely hate grinding when it isn't absolutely necessary. Her Gyarados went down to Rastaman's Thunder, as expected. I'm not sure how the Dragonair fights played out, but I do remember that one died to Rastaman's Flash Cannon while the other, along with her Kingdra, died to Two-Two's Me First boosted Dragon Pulse, as I've spent so much time dreaming to do so.

The stuff before the Elite Four were boring to be perfectly honest. I killed Lugia with a Crit Me Firsted Aeroblast, another thing I've been wanting to do and the Kimono Girls were lack luster at best, which was rather disappointing, as throughout my history of Soul Silver, they've always put up a challenge. Then I went through the route before Victory Road (or Victory Garden, as I call it) and Victory Road itself (which doesn't even deserve the name). My rival, ignorant as always, saw his team being swept before him. Sneasel died to Hayley, Golbat to Rastaman, Kadabra to QIAOK, Haunter to Ace and Magnezone, along with his starter, to Reef.

Now, for the good stuff: The Elite Four. Will put up a good fight, as my team isn't really built to fight Psychic-typed Pokemon. The only members who could hit Psychic-types super effectively was Ace and Two-Two, with Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball respectively. Well, there's Hayley too, but since her evolution granted her the gift, or in this case, the curse of being faster than everything, Payback isn't really much of an option against Will. Luckily, with a mix of Ace's bulk, Two-Two's speed and Rastaman's overpowered Choice Specs assaults, Will went down.

Not much to say about Koga really. His Bug-typed Pokemon died to Hayley, as expected and Muk actually died to two of Ace's Earthquakes. Crobat, the only threat in my eyes (seeing as I have two Ground-typed Pokemon for Muk), couldn't even touch Rastaman.

Bruno, on the other hand, required a soft reset or two. I was able to get the glorious "Earthquake while you Dig" combo off, which was nice. But that Hitmonlee got me every single time. I think it was only until my second lost where I remembered that I had the Occa Berry and the Choice Scarf! I equipped them to QIAOK and Two-Two respectively and then I was able to launch out a highspeed Fly to finish the Hitmonlee in one hit (QIAOK served as back up just in case Two-Two couldn't have done the job). Machamp's own No Guard was his curse, as it allowed me to burn him with the Will-O-Wisp, being the first time I've ever used the move since I got Hayley. Hitmonchan is walled by Quagsire and Onix is laughable.

Karen, who often is the bane of my life, could have been a tiny bit more challenging in my opinion. Umbreon did try to stall me out for days on end, but since I love smashing rocks when I play Soul Silver, I had a plethora of Ethers, more than enough to deal with Umbreon's evasion parade. With the Occa Berry that was not used in the previous battle, QIAOK managed to get up a Light Screen, which helped Reef absolutely destroy the Houndoom without having to worry about too many Dark Pulse flinches. Gengar's only way of hitting Two-Two is Lick, so a couple of Shadow Balls took it out. Vileplume and Murkrow have nothing to touch Rastaman, so that was easy.

Lance, oh the threat called Lance, was pretty fun. I mean, after replaying Soul Silver a bunch of times, you can really make any team you pick deal with him with enough Potions. Most of his moves are low accuracy move anyways and the one attack he uses on his Dragonite that doesn't miss is Outrage, which puts him into confusion. So, so some up sum it up, Rastaman beat Gyarados, Dragonite 1 and Aereodactly, Quagsire beat Dragonite 2, Ace beat Charizard and Two-Two had the satisfying pleasure to defeat Lance's main Dragonite with the Me First boosted Outrage.

Oh man, I love my job.

Now I'm in Kanto, doing something that I don't always do. I'm going to challenge the Kanto gyms after beating all the possible trainers, meaning that I will have a consecutive gym battle streak, without one non-plot based battle in between. Of course, Blue's (gah, almost called him Green because of Pokemon Special) sidequest will probably stop this idea, if I recall correctly, but at least the 7 gym leaders will all be beaten in a row, without any gym trainers to stop me.

154.gif

QIAOK - Male - Level 42 [Overgrow] @ Miracle Seed
-Magical Leaf, Reflect, Light Screen and Flash

Nothing changed really. All QIAOK did was become a Dual Screener. I might replace Flash with Synthesis or Body Slam, as accuracy is never on my side. Both of these options have their flaws though, as for Synthesis, I have items and for Body Slam, well, QIAOK is Calm, so I'd probably only use it for the parahax and, as with accuracy, hax is never in my favor.

195.gif

Reef - Male - Level 41 [Water Absorb] @ Quick Claw
-Surf, Earthquake, Strength and Blizzard

I honestly thought Reef would steal the show when I fought Lance, but I guess my team members didn't allow him to do so. It's okay though, as even though he never really has his moment to shine, he's always been helpful and he's been getting along with Quick Claw, along me to go first almost all the time!

038.gif

Hayley - Female - Level 40[Flash Fire] @ Charcoal
-Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Will-O-Wisp and Payback

Hey look, I deleted the useless Quick Attack for the semi-useless Payback! Meh, I guess it will have its uses when I might a almighty special wall like Sabrina's Mr. Mime. Hayley has been doing what any other Fire-typed would've done, just spam Flamethrowers and not give two cents to any Steel, Grass or Bug type who's in my way. Even though her role is generic, that doesn't mean I love her any less though.

462.gif

Rastaman - Neutral - Level 41 [Magnet Pull] @ Metal Coat
-Flash Cannon, Discharge Thunder and Thunder Wave

There was never a time in this run that Rastaman was underleveled compared to the rest of my team. Quite the contrary actually, beating the league with him at Level 40 while the rest of my team was still in their mid 30s (36, 37 and 38). He is the official nuke of my team, much like how Tiffany was the nuke of my previous run. Are Electric-typed Pokemon always this destructive?

178.gif

Two-Two - Female - Level 41[Synchronize] @ Amulet Coin
-Shadow Ball, Psychic, Me First and Fly

A Special STAB move at last! If Two-Two was a threat to any boss now, then you better be prepared now, because Two-Two has the perfect set for the perfect run. Also, don't delete Me First ever, it's just way too good.

247.gif

♠Ace♠ - Male - Level 41 [Guts] @ Muscle Band
-Rock Slide, Earthquake, Crunch and Hyper Beam

Look who I decided to evolve after all! Ace is pulling extreme weight, which is something that I thought he wouldn't be able to do because he is an NFE. I guess I should be ashamed as Cindy the Quilava also did amazing things in her run too. Oh yeah, did you know that Larvitar can learn Hyper Beam?! It still leaves me speechless. You know what also leaves me speechless? That Hyper Beam animation, it's just so awesome!

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
RK9's Huge Diary

Here's my Platinum's character's diary. It's long so hope you're ready to read it!

Tuesday 9th September 2012
What a day! I've just been introduced to the wonders of those strange creatures called Pokemon. The old man I saw on TV called Professor Rowan stopped Barry and I from having an awesome race to Sandgem Town!

He told us we were foolhardy for our actions then asked us if we liked Pokemon. Of course I do! He tried to ask again, luckily Barry stopped him with the argument of "We'll both answer we love Pokemon 100 times if you want!"

So then he offered us Pokemon before looking around for his briefcase. Moments later, this girl the same age as us appeared holding a leather suitcase. She looked astonished when he said, that he was giving out two of the Pokemon.

After a bit of arguing and reasoning I finally was allowed to choose my first partner! Yes, the moment I've waited for all my life has finally come! So looking into the briefcase I saw three Pokeballs. One contained this little,blue penguin called Piplup. Another was of a tiny blazing monkey called Chimchar.

The last one was this little dinosaur like creature with a leaf sticking out if its head. I don't know what it was, but he seemed to be the most likeable to me.

So I took out Turtwig's Pokeball and then Barry almost instantly picked up Chimchar's. Of course, trying to have an advantage against me...
After a boring speech from Professor Rowan the professor along with his assistant apparently called Dawn,disappeared.

Almost immedieately, Barry eagerly walked up to me. "RK9, I've wanted to say this all my life. Are you ready?" he asked.

"Yea..." I muttered awkwardly.

"Then RK9,right here right now,I challenge you to a battle!" he exclaimed.

I've got to admit,it wasn't the most exciting battle ever. Just a bunch of scratchs,leers and some hard tackles. Eventually, I had beaten Barry."What?I-I lost?" he stammered.

After handing over small amounts of prize money,we headed home. Later that night I told Mum what happened. She looked rather shocked as I explained."You're lucky your alright RK9... imagine what could of happened if nobody stopped you two! RK9, you need to thank Professor Rowan for your Pokemon. He lives in Sandgem Town the next one from here." his mother explained.

"I know Mum!" I protested,sighing.

"Alright,RK9 no need to talk to your mother like that. Here,take these it'll get you to places faster." she said.

She rummaged in her handbag and pulled out two bright red running shoes.I thanked her and a second later,Barry's mum walked in. She explained she wanted to deliver a parcel to Barry,but he'd bolted off already. Then Mum offered for me to deliver it to him. What?! Mum, stop getting me involved in everything... I'm not a postman!

Barry's mum thanked us and left saying he'd probably be in Jubilife.

So without further ado, I headed out to Sandgem Town battling all these weak Pokemon- Bidoofs were no match for Turtwig! I walked into the sunny town of Sandgem Town to see Dawn waiting outside the lab.

She was waiting for me? Creepy.... After greeting me, we headed into the lab as Barry bumped into us. He quickly farewelled and bolted off down to the next route. Inside,Professor Rowan talked about Turtwig and asked if I wanted to nickname him.

"Yes,Basil!" I said.

Professor Rowan raised an eyebrow but continued. He talked about his job all that stuff and then told me about the Pokedex. I hardly paid attention to be honest all I heard was - Pokedex... blah blah blah... Sinnoh.... blah blah...Research.

So I took the Pokedex and headed out. Dawn showed me around a bit then headed off saying to talk to my family. After heading home,talking to my mum and arguing I could totally go on an adventure, I headed back up to Sandgem.

On the northern route,Dawn was waiting in a patch of grass."I'll teach you how to catch Pokemon!" she said,dragging me into the grass.

A wild Bidoof appeared and Dawn sent out her little Piplup. Piplup did some pounds and Bidoof tackled until Bidoof got into yellow HP.Dawn threw a normal Pokeball and it was captured.

She explained how to properly catch it then went off leaving me with 5 pokeballs. None of the Pokemon really appealed to me... so I just headed up to Jubilife.

Once again, Dawn was there waiting. Sheesh, what's with her? Anyway,we watched as this strange man appeared and came from a pole. "Um..." Dawn said.

Then the man went into some kind of yell."How did you indentify me as a member of the International Police??!" he said,astounded.

"What?I beg your pardon? I was just trying to make conversation..." Dawn said politely.

"Heh, you claim that. But can I believe you?" the man asked.

Dawn remained silent as he continued."Oh fine. You seem not that suspicious. And you are trainers yes? Maybe you can make use of this?" he suggested.
He pulled out a small electronic device from his brown trench coat."Here you go. It's a VS. Recorder,I don't do battling much so maybe it'll be some use to people like you.

"Er thanks." I said awkwardly.

"Now... that's over, I will inform you of my name. My real name... no wait I shall only tell you my official police name. Looker's the name and have you kids heard of the saying don't be a thief?" he asked.
I nodded."Good good,I'm sure you have. But unfortunately,these rascels Team Galactic can't seem to understand. Now I ask you if you see me on duty,only to inform me of bad happenings." he said, before walking away.

"That was strange." admitted Dawn before glancing at a sign."Here it is RK9, the trainer school!"

She showed me a small building with a red roof and golden bell. "I think your friend,Barry went in earlier. Maybe he's still there.Well see you RK9!" she called and also departed.

Before heading inside the trainer school, I decided to talk to the friendly locals. One woman gave me a quick claw,a kind fisherman also made me an old Rod. Heading back to the school,my arm buried with new items, I picked up a few potions along the way. Inside the trainer school,two people stood in a corner. They challenged me to a battle and after a few rounds and victories to me,I received a purple potion.

Then I noticed Barry by the blackboard. Strange of him to study. I walked over casually."Hey RK9! What're you doing here anyway?" he asked.
I handed him the brown parcel his mum had given me earlier.

He unwrapped the parcel and his face lit up."A town map! Yes!" he cheered."Huh?There's two... that's odd. RK9,here take one!" he said and offered me the map.

I stuffed it in my small bag while Barry checked his. He muttered something about Oreburgh and gyms before racing off again. I sighed and slowly followed. As I made my way into the setting sun, a man with a stubby,brown beard approached me. He talked about Poketechs and some clowns. After finding them and answering their ridiculously easy questions, I received a blue Poketech. Making my way out of town,Barry bolted into me. "Hey RK9, did you get stronger?" he asked,grinning.

And then there was a battle, it was much like the first one to be honest. Just some tackles and more growls from his new teammate Starly. I claimed victory again and he left disappointed. I tried to avoid all the trainers on this route for a few reasons : I wanted to catch a Pokemon you could find easily in the Gate and train it up here.
So I headed to Oreburgh Cave with my seriously overlevelled Turtwig...

To be continued soon xD, thanks for getting through that mountain of text.
Current Team:
Basil the Rash Turtwig Lv.14
-Tackle
-Withdraw
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Platinum: After I left Veilstone's Gym, I helped Dawn get her Pokedex back. Afterwards, I left for Pastoria, training Midnight up to the others. Then, after exploring the Great Marsh and expanding the pokedex, I left for the gym, defeating my Rival Nick. I thought that Crasher Wake would be a problem like he was last time, but he was nothing special, I was able to OHKO all his Pokemon, Oak using Wood Hammer and Zero using Shock Wave.

Team:
Spr_4p_389.png

TORTERRA [Oak] Lv37 (M)
Sassy Nature @Quick Claw
-Earthquake
-Bite
-Wood Hammer
-Razor Leaf

Spr_4p_398_f.png

STARAPTOR [Skye] Lv37 (F)
Calm Nature @Fist Plate
-Fly
-Take Down
-Close Combat
-Steel Wing
Spr_4p_479.png

ROTOM [Zero] Lv37
Rash Nature @Spooky Plate
-ThunderShock
-Confuse Ray
-Ominous Wind

-Shock Wave
Spr_4p_444_m.png

GABITE [Gibbs] Lv37 (M)
Quirky Nature @Shell Bell
-Dragon Claw
-Dig
-Aerial Ace
-Shadow Claw
Spr_4p_229_f.png

HOUNDOOM [Midnight] Lv37 (F)
Naughty Nature @Dread Plate
-Thunder Fang
-Fire Fang
-Bite
-Fire Blast

Pokemon SoulSilver: After waking up from a well deserved rest, I took my first step as the Johto Champion! Sadly, it was brought down upon when I was told by Elm that I still have a whole new region to conquer. So, before going on the S.S Anne to reach Kanto, I flew to the Safari Zone and caught new Pokemon. Then after getting to Vermilion, I decided to take on Lt. Surge straight away! Unlike previous gym battles, this one was challenging, Kenya managed to take down Raichu all by itself, despite the big difference in power and its weakness to Electricity. Afterwards, Psy's appearance made Surge's Electrode use Light Screen which made me bring out Xtream. Xtream had some speed troubles but Dragon Rush + ExtremeSpeed was able to take out both Electrodes. Then Blaster OHKO'd his Magneton and a combination of Shaymoose's Dig, Psy's Swagger cause him to defeat himself.

Team:
Spr_4h_160.png

FERALIGATR [Shaymoose] Lv47 (M)
-Avalanche
-Dig
-Waterfall
-Crunch
Spr_4h_181.png

AMPHAROS [Zeus] Lv46 (M)
Quiet Nature @Magnet
-Strength
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

Spr_4h_022.png

FEAROW [Kenya] Lv47 (F)
Hasty Nature @Grass Mail
-Fly
-Secret Power
-U-Turn
-Drill Peck
Spr_4p_467.png

MAGMORTAR [Blaster] Lv46 (F)
Docile Nature @Charcoal
-Smog
-Faint Attack
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
Spr_4h_196.png

ESPEON [Psy] Lv46 (F)
Quiet Nature @Shell Bell
-Swagger
-Quick Attack

-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
Spr_4h_148.png

DRAGONAIR [Xtream] Lv47 (M)
Naive Nature @Dragons Fang
-ExtremeSpeed
-Surf
-Dragon Rush
-Shock Wave

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Hello every one i am starting my journey

hi every one!! ^^ i just started my first/clean/brand new Soul silver save file and i am playing it and it is really fun :D and i made alot of progress and i was really lucky :O I ENCOUNTERED A SHINY GASTLY!!! and it evolved to Haunter!!! :D :D :D and my starter pokemon was chickorita :P the grass type and in bellsprout tower it was the place where i encountered that gastly :D :D :D (idk what happend i was moving to the next trainer battle and i found my self encountered a wild pokemon) oh and i defeated the 1st Gym leader that uses Flying type pokemons :P and i got the Mystery egg from that person in the poke mart in violet city (idk if its the right name or not :P) and... thats all :P wish me good luck on my journey!! :D :D :D AND ALL THAT WAS IN 20 MINUTES ONLY lol btw : i will be editing this post alot to post the new Stuff i have progressed :P sooo keep checking xP also i will post it in the reply too :P

Place that i am in right now
Violet city Poke Mart

Pokemon I Have Captured

A Shiny Gastly --- it evolved into Haunter :D

Chickorita (the starter pokemon :D) --- it evolved to BayLeef and it evolved on lvl 18 .. and i am not sure why o-o cuz it supposed to evolve at lvl 16 (at lvl 16 it evolved but .. it then said " huh? chikorita did not evolve... " ) i think something happend wrong :P or i clicked A and B? the same time? :P and it kinda cancelled the evolve

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Good luck with your progress, hopefully you have WEP security or you can't get a Gengar sadly. That's why I can't get my Kingdra so I have a Cyndaquil still in Prof. Elms lab cos I'm saving up cash to get the WiFi USB Connector.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'm going to merge this with the Travel Journel thread sticky as that's where talking about what you've done in the games belongs rather than in a separate thread.

Congrats with the early shiny btw. Maybe tone done the smilies a touch though. =p

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Here's Update 2 in RK9's Big Adventure. Loads of things happened and we took a good rest at Valley Windworks

Thursday 27th September 2012
Aah hey diary. Sorry I haven't updated lately, exploring the places in Sinnoh without my mum nagging me has been great! Before I made it to Oreburgh, I found this small,plump,yellow duck with three black hairs sticking out. I thought it looked pretty cool and caught the Pokemon called Psyduck. I decided to nickname my newest team member,Daffy!Oh before I forget,some hiker gave me this HM called Rock Smash. The only problem is you can't forget it, so I might catch a Pokemon just for that purpose.

Daffy in the beginning to be honest was pretty hard to train. So deciding to take a break I entered Oreburgh. This young kid noticed me as I walked in and dragged me all the way to the gym. Ouch! He's way too strong. He walked off saying good luck and then pointed out there was someone standing in front of the gym.

Barry?! He grinned as I appeared."Slowpoke as always RK9. You took way too long, the gym leader's long gone by now." he said.

"Where did he go?" I asked curiously.

Barry smiled."The Oreburgh Mine, it's pretty dark in there. Are you ready to find him?" he asked.

I nodded but before I headed in, something hit my mind. North of Oreburgh was a small route with Pokemon Daffy could easily handle. So off I went, training Daffy and Basil. While battling,Basil became Lv.17 and Daffy Lv.15.

Happily, I headed down to the small mine. Water slowly dripped from the ceiling, some miners were there chopping away at the rugged walls. There were swarms of Zubats and other creatures around so I cautiously walked.

Eventually I found this man standing in between two rugged rocks. "Hey there! Now watch this..." he said.

In a moment one of the rocks were smashed."Using Rock Smash gets these annoying rocks out of the way. To use it though,you'll have to beat the gym leader. Which would be me,Roark!" he announced proudly.

Then he walked off whistling. I felt excitement rushing up inside me so I automatically dashed to the gym. Inside I battled these weak rock-type trainers easily annilating them with Water Guns and Razor Leaf.

Roark was easy too. I somehow managed to OHKO all his Pokemon. And little Basil evolved,YES! After receiving the Coal Badge and TM76 Stealth Rock I headed out. Well I'm a bit tired now too be honest diary, so I'll continue the story tomorrow.

-RK9.

Current Team:

Basil the Rash Grotle Lv18.
-Tackle
-Curse
-Absorb
-Razor Leaf
Daffy the Psyduck Lv16
-Scratch
-Disable
-Water Gun
-Tail Whip

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
So I decided to end my journey early, as I found my Pokewalker and I really wanted to use that on an actual run. But, not all is lost, as since I'm also nearing the end of my Diamond challenge, I'll use Team Soul 2.0 in the aftergame (:

-----

So I started out and picked the last of the three starters. We've seen Cindy the Quilava and QIAOK the Meganium, so now I present Kysan the Totodile (Male)! Solo'd a bit of the main game with it until I got enough steps on my Pokewalker (gotta love them trampolines :v) and transfered in a Magby (Forget the gender atm ;w;), I also caught a Gastly (Marceline) and beat Falkner after a long stall war. Went south and gave in and caught a Zubat. Didn't want to use one because I would look rather stupid having a Gastly named after a vampire, while I have a bat who isn't named after the vampire. That and Angrykori! didn't get to shine last time. But oh well, it's been 2 years since I've used Zubat so I'm going to use one now, dang it! Named her Samantha and I arrived at Azalea.

Spr_4h_158.png

Kysan - Male - Level 14 [Torrent] @
-Water Gun, Bite, Scratch and Leer

While being my least favorite of the Johto trio, Kysan has been doing well. Solo'd the main game and the Union Cave.

240.png

MAGBY - Unknown - Level 14 [Flame Body] @
-Ember, Sunny Day, Smog and Leer

omg it's animation is so cute ;w;. Obtained by PokeWalker btw. Slow EXP rate is slow though.

Spr_4h_092.png

Marceline - Female - Level 14 [Levitate] @
-Lick, Spite, Curse and Hypnosis

ADVENTURE TIME! Another one of my main reasons that I wanted to replay Soul Silver was to use a Gastly (and my soon to come 5th team member).

Spr_4h_041_f.png

Samantha - Female - Level 11 [Inner Focus] @
-Astonish, Leech Life and Supersonic

Not to long ago I missed 13 Supersonics and when I actually confused the opponent, they never hit themselves. I hate chance based moves with a passion (except Assist and Metronome :3)

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Just finished the Canalave gym, It was a hard battle with Infernape and Gliscor putting up a lot of effort and getting the job done!

Here is my team after the gym:

389.png

Modest Nature. Level 36.
Frenzy Plant.
Earthquake.
Rock Climb.
Synthesis.

392.png

Mild Nature. Level 37.
Close Combat.
Flamethrower.
Blaze Kick.
Fire Punch.

398.png

Brave Nature. Level 34.
Close Combat.
Fly.
Sky Attack.
Aerial Ace.

444.png

Naughty Nature. Level 34.
Draco Meteor.
Dragon Claw.
Outrage.
Giga Impact.

419.png

Hardy Nature. Level 34.
Hydro Pump.
Waterfall.
Surf.
Ice Punch.

472.png

Sassy Nature. Level 36.
X-Scissor.
Fire Fang.
Stone edge.
Swords Dance.

Feel free to post suggestions on my teams moves and my actual line up! :D

Last edited:

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Just finished the Snowpoint city gym, Easiest battle I have ever had with Infernape wrecking them all :D Next up taking down Team Galactic!

389.png

Modest Nature. Level 37.
Frenzy Plant.
Earthquake.
Rock Climb.
Synthesis.

392.png

Mild Nature. Level 43.
Close Combat.
Flamethrower.
Blaze Kick.
Fire Punch.

398.png

Brave Nature. Level 38.
Close Combat.
Fly.
Sky Attack.
Aerial Ace.

444.png

Naughty Nature. Level 38.
Draco Meteor.
Dragon Claw.
Outrage.
Giga Impact.

419.png

Hardy Nature. Level 38.
Hydro Pump.
Waterfall.
Surf.
Rock Smash.

472.png

Sassy Nature. Level 38.
X-Scissor.
Fire Fang.
Stone edge.
Strength.

Feel free to post suggestions on my teams moves and my actual line up! :D

Last edited:

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
I decided that I really wanted to play through my Firered game, but I didn't want to end with the same team that I always find myself making in 1st gen. So, since I like never start with Squirtle, I was going to do a Blue run through. So after naming myself Maximum, and a lot of hard work, I'm on my way to Lt. Surge's with a team of:

008.gif

Cannon LV22 (male)
~Bite
~Tail Whip
~Water Gun
~Withdraw

031.gif

Aphrodite LV22 (female)
~Body Slam
~Growl
~Bite
~Double Kick

041.gif

Roku LV21 (male)
~Wing Attack
~Astonish
~Supersonic
~Bite

043.gif

Derpy LV14 (male)
~Absorb
~Sweet Scent
~Poisonpowder

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I decided that I really wanted to play through my Firered game, but I didn't want to end with the same team that I always find myself making in 1st gen. So, since I like never start with Squirtle, I was going to do a Blue run through. So after naming myself Maximum, and a lot of hard work, I'm on my way to Lt. Surge's with a team of:

008.gif

Cannon LV22 (male)
~Bite
~Tail Whip
~Water Gun
~Withdraw

031.gif

Aphrodite LV22 (female)
~Body Slam
~Growl
~Bite
~Double Kick

041.gif

Roku LV21 (male)
~Wing Attack
~Astonish
~Supersonic
~Bite

043.gif

Derpy LV14 (male)
~Absorb
~Sweet Scent
~Poisonpowder

Arcanine - Flamethrower, Extremespeed, Aerial Ace, (If Female:) Attract or (If Male:) Double Team.

Raichu - Thunder, Thunderbolt, Dig, Hyper Beam or Iron Tail .

Nidoqueen - Horn Drill, Megahorn, Earthquake, Brick break.

Blastoise - Ice Beam, Surf, Skull Bash, Hydro Pump or Protect.

Exeggutor - Egg Bomb, Hypnosis, Dream Eater, Pyschic.

Pidgeot - Aerial Ace, Fly, Wing attack, Mirror Move or Featherdance.

This would be a great team for you to have.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just finished the Sunyshore city gym, Torterra did well up until Luxray and an ice fang just destroyed him! But I managed to take the rest of his team out pretty easily.

389.png

Overgrow. Level 47.
Energy Ball.
Earthquake.
Rock Climb.
Synthesis.

392.png

Blaze. Level 44.
Close Combat.
Flamethrower.
Blaze Kick.