• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
If they decide to make mega evolution exclusive to XY, I wonder how are they going to handle online battles. Probably ban the use of Megas but if the other player is unaware that the opponent is on ORAS they'll be pissed.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they decide to make mega evolution exclusive to XY, I wonder how are they going to handle online battles. Probably ban the use of Megas but if the other player is unaware that the opponent is on ORAS they'll be pissed.

I think that they'll have Megas on OrAs. If they don't...well that won't fare well for online battling between the two pair of games...

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Ehhhh.. that's true, huh? I forgot about online battles.

If Mega Evos were exclusive to X&Y (which I highly doubt), that could really pose a problem for anyone who uses them. While I think it'd be awesome to stomp down Mega Evo use in online battles, I doubt they'll make Megas exclusive at all. It'd just make things way too exclusive and complex. People are probably going to want to battle online in ORAS, and it just wouldn't be fair for Game Freak to have to figure out how the hell they're gonna do the match-making system for X&Y partners.

They'd have to add a filter for the Mega Stones, and cancel out fights before they even begin if someone has Mega Stones. Or something like that.

Which is obviously unfair. All things considered, including this, it's safe to say Mega Evos will be in ORAS.

Years
Ehhhh.. that's true, huh? I forgot about online battles.

If Mega Evos were exclusive to X&Y (which I highly doubt), that could really pose a problem for anyone who uses them. While I think it'd be awesome to stomp down Mega Evo use in online battles, I doubt they'll make Megas exclusive at all. It'd just make things way too exclusive and complex. People are probably going to want to battle online in ORAS, and it just wouldn't be fair for Game Freak to have to figure out how the hell they're gonna do the match-making system for X&Y partners.

They'd have to add a filter for the Mega Stones, and cancel out fights before they even begin if someone has Mega Stones. Or something like that.

Which is obviously unfair. All things considered, including this, it's safe to say Mega Evos will be in ORAS.
Yeah, also it's not like trading Mega stones is forbidden among versions. They'll have to block the trade of them from XY to OrAs if they were to do so. So Megas will be included at one point (very likely). Now the questions are mostly how they'll introduce them and if they'll add new ones (I think they will).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I that they will simply add news ones. For example they could say something like this:

Mega stones were first discovered in Kalos. Quickly, new stones were discovered in other regions and trainers began to use them in battle. I would love to see Mega Swampert, Mega Milotic, Mega Shiftry, Mega Slaking, Mega Zangoose, Mega Jirachi, Mega Latios and Latias.

Years
I think that they will simply add new ones. For example they could say something like this:

Mega stones were first discovered in Kalos. Quickly, new stones were discovered in other regions and trainers began to use them in battle. I would love to see Mega Swampert, Mega Milotic, Mega Shiftry, Mega Slaking, Mega Zangoose, Mega Jirachi, Mega Latios and Latias.

I think that is what they'll do that. They could also add that the Fairy type was uncovered there too (like with Johto...they should bring back the Steel type being discovered in Johto reference from Gen II. Also maybe add one for the Dark type xD).

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
One problem I see is that there are already a lot of Hoenn pokemon getting Megas in XY. Around 10 if I recall, which is about the same as Kanto.

If they were to add a lot more Hoenn Megas, it'll be a pretty uneven mix.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years

If that is the case they could just add a filter like you said. But it is somewhat unlikely since almost all of the Megas we currently have are in the RSE Hoenn Dex x3

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
But it is somewhat unlikely since almost all of the Megas we currently have are in the RSE Hoenn Dex x3

Could be considered the biggest hint of the remakes before they were confirmed. Plus, they also ensured that we've a chance to pick up megas through the game.

Tradelocks and battlelocks have existed ever since Giratina had received the Griseous Orb, so it won't be a big matter just to make a few new megas filtered out of online battling. If they add new mechanics, well... that's really different.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm almost certain that new Mega Evolutions will be introduced into ORAS, maybe not on the scale of X and Y but still a few. We need Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert for the sheer fact of Mega Blaziken, without those two Blaziken becomes superior to the both and the obvious choice of starter. If they want to balance them out as they should be then adding Mega Evolutions to the next two would be a good idea.

Years
That's a really good point. Torchic will have a huge advantage over the other starters if Blaziken remains the only final stage of the three to have a Mega evolution. To keep from everyone running around with Torchics in ORAS, they definitely need to contemplate by giving Sceptile and Swampert mega evolutions.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yeah, I agree; they do need to introduce mega-evolutions for Swampert and Sceptile. They're supposed to be equal, as people have already said, so they should be packaged as such. Personally, I'd love Sceptile's mega to be part dragon. I mean, it does look like a dragon-type, doesn't it? So why not make it a full-fledged one? :] As for Swampert, I don't know… it's still going to remain water and ground, maybe.

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Yeah, I agree; they do need to introduce mega-evolutions for Swampert and Sceptile. They're supposed to be equal, as people have already said, so they should be packaged as such. Personally, I'd love Sceptile's mega to be part dragon. I mean, it does look like a dragon-type, doesn't it? So why not make it a full-fledged one? :] As for Swampert, I don't know… it's still going to remain water and ground, maybe.

Yes, I agree.
Thing is, if they're adding megas to ORAS.. then support for them in online with X/Y will be broken unless an update comes out :D

Years

Maybe they'll make Mega Swampert Sapphire blue and have ruby red fins to reference how it shares the types of the mascots. I hope they make it bulkier and maybe even a little faster (to reference it's Jet ski boat speed mentioned in the dex).

I would love for Sceptile to be Grass/Dragon. I think they could give Sceptile two megas. One could be Grass/Dark.

I wonder if they'll even give us the mega stones for them at the start...I think they won't until later on in the story. Maybe GF will announce and show their mega evolutions but not tell us how (or at what part in the story) we get them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
One thing that I honestly think was a HUGE waste? Naming these games OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. I mean, what was wrong with MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire? Plus, it now pretty much makes it impossible to use Alpha and Omega sometime down the road. They should have gone with MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire and then named the 7th Generation Pokémon games "Pokémon Alpha" and "Pokémon Omega."

Years
One thing that I honestly think was a HUGE waste? Naming these games OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire. I mean, what was wrong with MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire? Plus, it now pretty much makes it impossible to use Alpha and Omega sometime down the road. They should have gone with MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire and then named the 7th Generation Pokémon games "Pokémon Alpha" and "Pokémon Omega."

GF likes to name the remakes something out of the box. Look as HgSs, people though they'll be called something like Shining Gold and DazzlingSilver...

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2023
GF likes to name the remakes something out of the box. Look as HgSs, people thought they'd be called something like Shining Gold and DazzlingSilver...

Yeah, but Alpha and Omega would have been perfect names for a new generation of games. They're pretty much fit all the main criteria for Pokémon game names: they're diametrically opposed opposites, they sound cool, etc.

Oh well, I guess they can always find something else to name them.

Years
Fair point; I would've been fine with MagmaRuby and AquaSapphire, to be honest. However, I think it has a lot of relevance. If you look at the artwork of Groudon and Kyogre on the ORAS boxes, you'll find that the "Ω" is found in his design. Same with Kyogre and the "α" symbol. Also, this hints towards relevance of the names in-game:

Spoiler:

I doubt that's a coincidence. Doesn't mean they'll do anything with the names in game. Maybe, if they altered designs of Kyogre and Groudon represent new formes called Alpha form and Omega form, respectively. They could stray away from naming every Mega Stone after the Pokemon and call them the Alpha and Omega stones, if the new Kyogre and Groudon showcased in the artwork are, in fact, Mega evolutions.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
Where did you get that? Is it official (doubtful, but curious?) Why would Rayquaza get two new forms (one that makes it look like Dialga and another that makes it look like Palkia?) I liked the Gen. IV legendaries and all, but these form changes for Rayquaza just look…well, they look odd.

I got it while looking through the net. It's definitely a fake since I doubt GF would ever merge Dialga and Palkia into Raquaza.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Yes, I agree.
Thing is, if they're adding megas to ORAS.. then support for them in online with X/Y will be broken unless an update comes out :D

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. From the get-go, if they were planning to give mega-evolution to certain Pokémon in ORAS, it's a good thing that they didn't include their data in X and Y; if they did, hackers would most likely have found out about them by now, and ruin the surprise for many of us. I suppose you could say we could avoid these kind of things if we don't want to be spoiled, but for some people, it's kind of tough, you know? Regardless of how hard we try, we just can't dodge them.

Maybe they'll make Mega Swampert Sapphire blue and have ruby red fins to reference how it shares the types of the mascots. I hope they make it bulkier and maybe even a little faster (to reference it's Jet ski boat speed mentioned in the dex).

Hm... I can't really imagine how that would look at the moment, but it does sound pretty creative. n_n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back