The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Spin-Offs and Mobile Games
News More Pokémon from the Hoenn Region Coming to GO!

Spin-Offs and Mobile Games Eager to find out the latest Pokémon Go news? Or maybe feel like discussing why Miror B. was the best character in Pokémon Colosseum? This is the place to discuss all Pokémon spin-off and mobile games!

Old February 8th, 2018 (2:20 PM).
Insect Princess?

Nature: Gentle

Looks like more Hoenn-based Pokemon are coming really soon; even Rayquaza! Are you guys excited for the new developments? o:

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 8th, 2018 (3:24 PM). Edited February 9th, 2018 by Maserati777.

I’m glad they are replacing all spawns with gen 3 Pokemon since there’s still Pokemon in the lastupdate who haveyet to spawn here.

I just hope theres no snow storms during the event.

Edit: Ugh theres a snowstorm today.
    Old February 9th, 2018 (5:02 PM).
    D-I-N-O-S-A

Nature: Quirky
    I am HYPED. Already caught Tailow, Plusle (new to my region!) and Castform, planning a trip to head out tomorrow and round up a whole bunch more. Searching for a shiny Swablu most of all - absolutely adore the golden goddess that is shiny Altaria ♥ Also pretty pumped for Rayquaza raids but very curious how hard/easy they are; I've heard that people are able to 4-5 man them with a team of semi-decent Ice-types so that's encouraging but feels a bit limp compared to the nightmare that was Kyogre haha.
    Old February 10th, 2018 (4:28 PM). Edited February 10th, 2018 by Maserati777.

On the 9th I caught Swablu, Taillow, Masquerain and showy Castform.

Today I caught Minun, which doesn't seem to be region locked anymore since I saw a Plusle on the tracker today as well, Illumise, Surskit and Wingull.

Of course the snow is knee deep right now so it's kind of hard to go out but since the event is on right now....

I've seen a ton of Swablu and Taillow. But haven't seen any Numel, Trapinch, Nosepass, Bagon, Beldum, Chimecho or Tropius.

Some of these 3 stage evolutions from gen 3 just aren't spawning at all, like I'm thinking Those will all be like Mareep and 400 candies for Altaria?
      Old February 11th, 2018 (4:41 AM). Edited February 11th, 2018 by Squirrel.
      D-I-N-O-S-A

Nature: Quirky
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
      I've seen a ton of Swablu and Taillow. But haven't seen any Numel, Trapinch, Nosepass, Bagon, Beldum, Chimecho or Tropius.
      I've seen a few Nosepass, they are very rare but do seem to spawn occasionally in Partly Cloudy weather (though it sounds like you don't seem to get that a lot!). Seen I think 2 Numel so far, both in Sunny weather, and have seen several Beldum in Windy weather. No luck with Chimecho, Trapinch or Bagon yet but really hoping they don't end up being too hard to find because all three of them are adorable!

Regarding Tropius, he's been proven to be region-locked unfortunately so you'll only be able to come across him on Africa/very Southern Europe. Chimecho I've heard rumours about being exclusive to Japan, but they already have Farfetch'd and (apparently) there have been a few sightings from around the world as well so hoping the rumors are false here.

I think you will end up finding a lot of these fairly easily, just have to wait for good weather :D
      Old February 11th, 2018 (11:45 AM). Edited February 11th, 2018 by Maserati777.

I noticed Tauros is still spawning here during the event.

I don't really see the point of region locked Pokemon. Niantic doesn't make any money from them and they benefit no one except the people who live in those regions.

This is why PokemonGo needs trading or wonder trade. You should not have to travel to other continents just to complete the Pokedex. Or at least do what they did with Farfetch'd and make them rewards for a limited time. I hope they make Absol in the wild as well.

Anyways I have a feeling the ones I listed will be similar to Mareep, Larvitar and Chansey. Where I had to be lucky enough to hatch them and walk 700kms to evolve. I doubt they will spawn in the summer since we will be back to endless Pidgey, Rattata, Sentret, Wurmple and all the other trash. Completing the Pokedex is probably out of the question anyways.

This is why I'm getting ready for Gen 4, there's like 22 new evolutions and I already have enough candies for most. The hard part will be getting the new items to evolve, even with the streak you'll have old items still. It'd be cool if they made Magneton and Nosepass evolve with Metal Coat.
        Old February 12th, 2018 (3:39 AM).
        Emperor of the End

Nature: Quiet
        Woah 400 candies are needed for Swablu to evolve? Hmm. Do I want to get that fluffy dragon or not.

Old February 12th, 2018 (2:46 PM).

I've been wanting to get back into GO. But my phone is starting to die on me so I might wait.
        Old February 12th, 2018 (8:46 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by LeviathanX View Post
          Woah 400 candies are needed for Swablu to evolve? Hmm. Do I want to get that fluffy dragon or not.
          Thanks to this event Swablu are spawning like crazy, like anytime one spawns 2 more spawn right next to it. So if you are planning to evolve it I'd catch a bunch now while the event is going because after it ends they are going to be a lot more rare.

I've been checking everyone I can to try to find a shiny one, so far I've seen 103 but no shinies.
          Old February 14th, 2018 (10:30 AM).
          Emperor of the End

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Maserati777 View Post
          Thanks to this event Swablu are spawning like crazy, like anytime one spawns 2 more spawn right next to it. So if you are planning to evolve it I'd catch a bunch now while the event is going because after it ends they are going to be a lot more rare.

I've been checking everyone I can to try to find a shiny one, so far I've seen 103 but no shinies.
          I would love to but they're not spawning enough here. I see more Tailows, Luvdiscs, Mr. Mines and Whismurs than them, so I'll be a while getting to 400 candies. :(

Quick Reply