The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Challenges
Trainer Personality Examination (Revived)

Challenges Play your Pokémon games in fresh new ways: anything from The Monotype Challenge to the popular Nuzlocke.

Old December 25th, 2017 (4:52 AM).

Nature: Jolly
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ByakuFubuki View Post
    Looks like it's not the best moment for this, but I can wait and I'm pretty curious to see what I get and I like to roleplay in my runs, so here it is.

A) USERNAME: ByakuFubuki
    B) WHICH GAME: Black. Or White, if needed for Version-Exclusives.
    C) GENDER: Male.

Spoiler:
    a) Favourite colour: Any shade of Blue.

b) What best describes you: Brains, I hope.

c) Favourite Animal: Cat.

d) Where would you rather be: Snowy Field.

e) Favourite food: It really depends on my mood, but for now let’s say pizza.

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than those of your gender? No.

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil I think I’m the very definition of Neutral, actually.

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Does being fit count as any of these or I have to chose an extreme? In case it’s the latter, definitely slender.

i) Which do you prefer? If you remember correctly, I said my favourite animals are cats. But now I’ll answer Reptiles/Amphibians. Pretty coherent, huh?

j) List top three favourite Pokémon types in order of preference. Ice, Ghost, Poison.

k) What Pokémon do you hate I wouldn’t say any, but for the sake of it I’ll answer Jinx (yes: Ice IS my favourite Type. In general.)

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? Tennis Professional Player. Or, if I have to be realistic and down-to-earth, Chemist (not sure what in the specific, but at the moment I find Bioinorganic Chemistry especially interesting).

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colours or in earth tones? Does “variety of colours” mean I have to wear a lot of them at the same time or that I can like have a red T-Shirt today and a blue one tomorrow? But I think I’ll go with variety regardless.

n) Name a person that inspires you? Not much inspiration lately, but I’ll pick Hamasaki Ayumi as my go-to for this one.

o) What is your favourite music? I can listen to and enjoy pretty much any kind of non-electronic music (actually, even electronic if vocals and/or lyrics can make up for the rest).

p) What is your favourite non-religious holyday? I don’t really like holydays; besides, most of them -if not all- are religious where I live (isn’t a holyday supposed to be so, anyway?)

q) What is your zodiac sign? Pisces.

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? Iceland.

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart.

t) What colour do you loathe? Again, none. But let’s go with dark brown at the moment.

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? I think I gravitate around 4.

v) Favourite type of Subject Guess I’ll exhibit my coherence once again and go with Art.

w) Name one talent of yours. Oh my, do I even have one? I guess I can try and see things from other perspective rather than just taking for granted/demand that everyone shares my opinion/point of view. I see many do the latter, sadly.

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Loner, Unique (hopefully), Reflective

y) Which Pokémon trainer from anime/games do you identify with the most? Pretty hard to do without the Pokémon Adventures manga included, as we only see so much of characters’ personality in games. I can’t think of anyone I can fully relate to at the moment, but the closest would be N.

z) What type of Pokémon do you loathe? None, but I would say my least favourite is Rock.

Writing this up I realized giving me a result is probably going to be either extremely easy or extremely hard (no middle ground), but let's see.
    Spoiler:
    Trainer class : Sportsperson
    Team
    Liepard

- cat, smart, slender

Vanilluxe

- ice, snowy field, bioinorganic chemistry

Jellicent

-ghost, Pisces (jellyfish), unique

Special missions
    Trainer : All pokemon should have moves based on their stats. The pokemons with greater attack stat should have more physical attacks and the ones with more special attack shall have more special attacks.

Liepard : It should have a move with higher priority pokemon moves.Check moves priority It should also hold an item which gives it priority to move first like quick claw.

Vanilluxe : Should hold nevermelt ice

Jellicent : No special missions

Relevant Advertising!

Old December 25th, 2017 (5:38 PM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by viper8890 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Trainer class : Gangster
      Team
      Diggersby

-ground, muscular, earth tones

Dragalge

-poison, evil, cynical

Vanilluxe

-ice, city, Gemini

Special missions :
      Trainer : A gangster does whatever he likes. If you want, you can replace any one of the pokemon given to you with a Pokemon of same type. You cannot use the pokemon center in a city/town more than 3 times at once (i.e. you should vidyut another city/town after you have used the pc 3 times). You shouldn't help anyone unless it's important for the games progress.

Diggersby
      It is the strongest pokemon of your team. It should have atleast 2 physical moves. It should always lead the party.

Dragalge
      The most cunning one in your team. It should have atleast 2 status moves.

Vanilluxe
      Vanilluxe should have at least 1 move with power above 100. It should also have at least 1 freezing move.
      Quick Clarification here. By swap any pokemon with same type does it need Both typings to be the same or share one? and will the new pokemon inherit the special mission? Also ill get started as soon as im done breeding some of these pokemon As Skrelp is not available in X and Vanilite cannot be acquired till late in the game.
      Old December 25th, 2017 (8:24 PM).

Nature: Calm
        I can't wait to know what kind of trainer I am.
        Username:Souryabrata
        Game:Pokemon Black

Spoiler:
        a) Favorite color: BLUE

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: BRAINS
        (Brains, Beauty, Brawn, Brave, Blissful)

c) Favourite Animal: DOG

d) Where would you rather be: FOREST
        (Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard,Snowy Field, Desert, Large Meadows.)

e) Favourite Food: FRUITS; SWEETS

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?
        A bit more masculine, I think

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil
        Good, I think so

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?
        SLENDER

i) Which do you prefer?
        (Mammals, Reptiles/Amphibians, Bugs, Fish, Birds or mythical creatures)
        MAMMALS

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference.
        GRASS, PSYCHIC, FIGHTING

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5)
        N/A

l) What profession do you aspire to be most?
        ZOOLOGIST/BOTANIST

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?
        VARIETY OF COLOURS

n) Name a person that Inspires you?
        MARIE CURIE

o) What is your favourite music?
        ROCK

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday?
        The holiday after my final exams

q) What is your zodiac sign?
        GEMINI

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?
        JAPAN/ SOUTH AFRICA

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent?
        SMART AND UNATTRACTIVE

t) What colour do you loathe?
        N/A

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect)
        BIOLOGY

w) Name one talent of yours.
        I have an excellent memory.

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty
        DETERMINED, ANIMAL LOVER, FUNNY

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most?
        ASH (all of my friends call me that)

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?
        N/A
        Old December 25th, 2017 (10:08 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Drizzite View Post
          Quick Clarification here. By swap any pokemon with same type does it need Both typings to be the same or share one? and will the new pokemon inherit the special mission? Also ill get started as soon as im done breeding some of these pokemon As Skrelp is not available in X and Vanilite cannot be acquired till late in the game.
          You shall keep the main typing indicated in the team. The second typing can be changed if you want. And yes, the special mission will be inherited by the new pokemon.
          Old December 26th, 2017 (4:52 AM).
          hosanna in excel sheets

changed my game from white to diamond if that's okay - if you've started deciding pokemon or anything then white is fine
            Old December 26th, 2017 (8:41 PM).

Quote:
              Originally Posted by malanaphii View Post
              changed my game from white to diamond if that's okay - if you've started deciding pokemon or anything then white is fine
              No problem, I haven't started with your team yet. I still have to give some teams before you. You all can help me out by giving teams to others waiting for theirs and it would be appreciated. Btw, I'll be coming up with your team hopefully in a couple of days.
              Old December 27th, 2017 (12:58 AM). Edited December 30th, 2017 by ByakuFubuki.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by viper8890 View Post
                Spoiler:
                Trainer class : Sportsperson
                Team
                Liepard

- cat, smart, slender

Vanilluxe

- ice, snowy field, bioinorganic chemistry

Jellicent

-ghost, Pisces (jellyfish), unique

Special missions
                Trainer : All pokemon should have moves based on their stats. The pokemons with greater attack stat should have more physical attacks and the ones with more special attack shall have more special attacks.

Liepard : It should have a move with higher priority pokemon moves.Check moves priority It should also hold an item which gives it priority to move first like quick claw.

Vanilluxe : Should hold nevermelt ice

Jellicent : No special missions
                Thank you for evaluating.

Update #1 (Next)

So, I decided to write the updates as a log in order for it to be a little more immersive. A schematic summary follows for who's not interested.

Log:
                Spoiler:
                Day 1

Time has finally come for me to leave for Nimbasa City and become a professional Athlete. I’m so excited I just needed to start writing a log about it, and the few people who know me are aware how unusual it is for me to feel that way. I’m not sure why I start off by justifying why I’m writing this, since I’m the only one who’s supposed to read the log, but I guess it sounds better this way. Anyway, let’s get started.
                As I rushed out of Nuvema Town, I was stopped by Professor Jupiter, who basically forced a Pokédex, six Poké Balls and a Potion on me stating it is too dangerous to go on a journey without any Pokémon, as the wild ones could attack me at any time. She also tried to give me one of her own Pokémon, but I just couldn’t accept that. Besides, I’m not that interested in Pokémon battles, to be honest. The creatures are pretty fascinating, but for me competition is all about seeing who, between my opponent and I, can blend their mental and physical skills together the best, not use just one of the two letting a partner do the rest.
                I managed to escape the overly kind Professor and head to Accumula Town, where everyone’s attention was taken by a weird guy surrounded by people in medieval Armor who made an unusual speech about freeing Pokémon from human possession. I see where he’s coming from and actually agree with some of his points, as it’s pretty unnatural for me to make the assumption that every single Pokémon a Trainer holds is really happy, especially considering that most basically end up spending their lives inside a computer. However, I found him a bit too extremist, as you mostly do see Pokémon getting along with their Trainer and willingly fighting by their side. Not that I’m an expert or anything, though.
                That said, since I hadn’t travelled much yet and didn’t need to stop by a Pokémon Centre or anything, I just headed to Route 2 in order to reach Striaton City. There, Professor Jupiter’s words rebounded in my head, as I actually was approached by a wild Pokémon. It was a beautiful Purrloin, with a lucid dark purple fur and deep emerald eyes. It was probably interested in my food. I tried to escape by faking the direction I was willing to take, but every move I tried seemed to be useless. Suddenly, three Patrat jumped out of the tall grass to attack the cat. It must have stolen some of their food too. My first thought was to exploit that opportunity to flee, but as they kept attacking even when Purrloin was barely able to move, I couldn’t help but scaring them away and take the injured Pokémon to the Medic Centre in Accumula. I had to wait a little bit, but after receiving the due cures, the wild Pokémon seemed totally fine, so I could bring her back to Route 2 where she belongs. I left her at the entrance of the forest and walked away, but for some reason she kept following me.
                Around dusk time, I finally reached the end of the forest, where I met my childhood friend Bianca who kept screeching about me finally having become a Trainer and wanting to challenge me because she became strong too. It was no use trying to convince her she just jumped to conclusions, so I ended up having Purrloin fight for me against Bianca’s two Pokémon. And guess what? We won! That’s pretty incredible, as not only I’m by no means a Trainer, but I even just met the Devious Pokémon, who was also outnumbered, obviously.
                Purrloin kept following me even in Striaton, so I just gave up and let her be. She’ll eventually get bored and go away by herself, I guess. Anyway, I visit the city until dinner time, then get to the Pokémon Centre, where I spend the night.

Sorry about the SP-Studio Avatar, I didn't have time to come up with anything better.

Scheme:
                Spoiler:
                -Reached Accumula Town
                -Defeated N in Accumula Town (I had to use my Starter for this)
                -Caught Purrloin in Route 2
                -Defeated Bianca in Route 2
                -Reached Striaton City

Current Team:

Purrloin
                Level: 11
                Ability: Limber
                Nature: Adamant
                Moves:
                - Scratch*
                - Growl
                - Assist
                - Sand Attack

*Needed for Special Mission.
                Quick Claw not available yet.
                High Priority Moves not available yet.

Couple of questions:

1) As long as I can't obtain a Quick Claw, can I give Purrloin other Items to hold?
                2) Am I forced to have my main Pokémon learn as many HMs as possible or I can use another for them even when not necessary? (note that I'll need a fourth Pokémon for Strength anyway later on).
                Old December 27th, 2017 (4:52 AM).

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Some Kumquats View Post
                  This looks like it could be a lot of fun!

A) USERNAME: Some Kumquats
                  B) WHICH GAME: Soulsilver
                  C) GENDER: Male

Spoiler:

a) Favorite color:
                  Pink

b) Select one of the following which best describes you:
                  Brawn

c) Favourite Animal:
                  Dog

d) Where would you rather be:
                  (Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard,Snowy Field, Desert, Large Meadows.)
                  City

e) Favourite Food:
                  Macaroni & Cheese

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?
                  Nope.

Good

Muscular

i) Which do you prefer?
                  Mammals

Bug
                  Normal
                  Fire

I can't think of any Pokemon that I genuinely hate...

Software Designer/Programmer/Computer Scientist
                  (They're all very similar/go hand-in-hand)

Variety of color

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Classic Rock

Fourth of July

Libra

England or California

Smart and unattractive

Orange

Computer science or math

I am good with technology

Intelligent, Robust, Naive

Bill

Poison
                  Spoiler:

Trainer class : Technologist
                  Team
                  Typhlosion
                  - fire, mammal, muscular (actually it can be called more fast than muscular, but it's not slender, so yeah, muscular)

Scizor/Scyther
                  - bug, robust, intelligent
                  (If you can't trade you can go with scyther.)

Porygon2/Porygon
                  - technology, pink, city
                  (Same as above you can go with Porygon if you can't trade.)

Special missions:
                  Trainer: You shall use only items available in mart fir healing pokemon or in battles. Berries and other naturally occurring items shouldn't be used.

Typhlosion : Your typhlosion is a physical attacker. Two of it's moves must be physical.

Scizor/Scyther : This pokemon has a complete control on it's skills. It shall learn and keep false swipe for the whole game.

Porygon2/Porygon : Porygon tries to be prepared for anything. It must learn recover and agility.
                  Old December 27th, 2017 (9:07 AM).

UPDATE #4

Spoiler:
                    I can't really be bothered to make these updates as detailed anymore due to the holidays, so I'll summarize things.

In Slateport, Ebon found Soft Sand, a Potion and six Soda Pops. While exploring the city proper, Ebon recieves a call from Roxanne about a future rematch. Ebon finds the Powder Jar and the Soothe Bell.

Heading north to Route 110, Ebon finds and catches an Oddish. After some quick training, it evolves into Gloom.

Heading back to Slateport, Ebon explores the Battle Tent. Ebon obtains TM41(Torment), and attempts to take the challenge with Kadabra, Mightyena and Electrike. Kadabra and Mightyena easily sweep through the competition, and Ebon wins a Full Heal.

Ebon then moves on to the Oceanic Museum. Ebon obtains TM46 (Thief) and fights off the Team Aqua thugs. As Ebon exists the museum he is approached by Scott, who adds himself in Ebon's Pokénav.

Ebon heads back to Route 110, where he runs into Professor Birch. Ebon adds him to his Pokénav.

Moving on into Route 103, Ebon explores the area and battles all the trainers in his path. Ebon finds a PP UP, four Cherri Berries, two Leppa Berries and a Guard Spec.

Back in Route 110, Ebon heads inside the Trick House. Inside, Ebon finds an Orange Mail. Ebon completed the challenge, and is rewarded with a Rare Candy.

Returning to Route 110, Ebon heads east and finds a Dire Hit and a ten year old girl. Although her Combusken dishes out fierce damage against Linoone, she is ultimately no match and loses her Itemfinder. Further down the route, Ebon finds an Elixir and nine Nanab Berries.

And so, Ebon and his two Pokémon reach Mauville Village. In the next update, they will be taking on the Mauville Gym!

Party Status:

Spoiler:

LINOONE
                    Level 30
                    Moves:
                    - Headbutt
                    - Cut
                    - Sand-Attack
                    - Tail Whip

GLOOM
                    Level 24
                    Moves:
                    - Acid
                    - Poisonpowder
                    - Stun Spore
                    - Sleep Powder

Currently playing: Pokémon Emerald (Trainer Personality Examination Challenge)
                    Old December 30th, 2017 (1:51 AM). Edited April 21st, 2018 by ByakuFubuki.

Update #2 (Previous; Next)

Log:
                      Spoiler:
                      Day 2

I woke up early, and since all the training I did yesterday was running away from a bunch of wild Patrat, I headed to the Dreamyard and started playing Tennis against the wall. This is one of my most practiced activities in Nuvema, as we don’t have courts or anything. The grass there made the bounces low and irregular, which I don’t mind, as it’s a better exercise for reflexes and leg muscles. Purrloin followed me and lied on the grass watching me all the time. She sure is persistent.
                      Once satisfied, I took a shower at the Pokémon Centre and prepared to leave the city, but some old man kept blocking me and stating I should challenge the local Gym first. It was totally useless trying to explain him I’m not a Pokémon Trainer, so in the end I gave up and stayed longer. I first went to the School where I hoped I could brush up some useful information, and there I found Chen, who challenged me. I got a hard-fought victory, which was twice as satisfying as the one against Bianca, especially considering he has a Purrloin too, so it couldn’t have been a simple matchup advantage on my side. Besides, the face he made when he lost was simply priceless, even though what he said about losing to me meaning he still has a lot to learn was kind of offensive (but understandable, considering how long he’s been studying battles).
                      After my quick brush up, I reached the local Gym. The building is also a restaurant, which makes it really cool, but I can’t really afford to eat in a place like that, so I went straight on to challenge the Apprentices there. The Gym has an interesting way of having you solve some basic quizzes on Type matchups in order to proceed, but all the Trainers who study there were fairly easy to beat. Probably they were just going easy on me or something. The Gym Leader, however, was a totally different beast to tame. Well, they were three, actually, but I only had to beat one, and that’s more than enough for me, since my skill was far from sufficient and I also needed to resort to all of my luck not to mention countless attempts, which I hate to do. But in the end, I prevailed.
                      Going out of the Gym, I was approached by a pretty lady in laboratory scrub who wanted me to follow her to her place. It was pretty flattering at the first moment, but also very suspicious, so I refused. But she called Professor Juniper on the XTranscriver and had her tell me they’re in contact, which is why she was looking for me in the first place. She basically needed me to get to the Dreamyard again and pick something called “Dream Mist”. Since the Professor was involved I guessed I had no choice, so I got Purrloin cured and headed there.
                      In the Dreamyard I found Bianca as well. Looks like she was searching for some new Pokémon. We came across two of the guys in Armor from Accumula. They were basically beating up a Munna to force Dream Mist out of it. And they criticize Trainers for having Pokémon with them? Plus, they seem into battling too, but defeating both of them in a row was a piece of cake compared to getting the Trio Badge from the Gym. As they’re down, a Musharna shows them a triple image of their boss to make them flee, and we can get back with the Mist. I stayed at the lady’s for a while, talking about Evolution with her co-livers. It’s really fascinating how Pokémon can store up their experiences and then grow suddenly. Humans can only do so through different generations. I’m really interested in how it occurs from a biochemical point of view, but unfortunately not even the scrub lady Doctor Fennel and her sister Amanita, who created the Storage System in Unova, know much about it.
                      I called it a day again and went back to sleep at the Pokémon Centre, still followed by Purrloin, who seems to be enjoying herself a lot. The prize money I got from the Striaton City Gym is very generous, so I’m considering the idea of training Pokémon seriously to make a living, at least until I reach Nuvema. After all, not only I can find Gyms, but also gambling Trainers willing to risk some money in a Pokémon Battle. I’ll see where it goes from here. Purrloin doesn’t seem willing to give up on me anyway.

Scheme:
                      Spoiler:
                      -Defeated Chen in Striaton City
                      -Defeated Striaton City Gym Leader
                      -Defeated Team Plasma Grunts in Dreamyard

Current Team:

Purrloin
                      Level: 14
                      Moves:
                      - Scratch*
                      - Growl
                      - Fury Swipes
                      - Sand Attack

Note: Since no one answered me, I gave Purrloin no Items to hold, but I taught Cut to a different Pokémon.
                      Old December 30th, 2017 (9:21 PM). Edited December 30th, 2017 by viper8890.

Quote:
                        Originally Posted by ByakuFubuki View Post
                        Thank you for evaluating.

Update #1 (Next)

So, I decided to write the updates as a log in order for it to be a little more immersive. A schematic summary follows for who's not interested.

Log:
                        Spoiler:
                        Day 1

Time has finally come for me to leave for Nimbasa City and become a professional Athlete. I’m so excited I just needed to start writing a log about it, and the few people who know me are aware how unusual it is for me to feel that way. I’m not sure why I start off by justifying why I’m writing this, since I’m the only one who’s supposed to read the log, but I guess it sounds better this way. Anyway, let’s get started.
                        As I rushed out of Nuvema Town, I was stopped by Professor Jupiter, who basically forced a Pokédex, six Poké Balls and a Potion on me stating it is too dangerous to go on a journey without any Pokémon, as the wild ones could attack me at any time. She also tried to give me one of her own Pokémon, but I just couldn’t accept that. Besides, I’m not that interested in Pokémon battles, to be honest. The creatures are pretty fascinating, but for me competition is all about seeing who, between my opponent and I, can blend their mental and physical skills together the best, not use just one of the two letting a partner do the rest.
                        I managed to escape the overly kind Professor and head to Accumula Town, where everyone’s attention was taken by a weird guy surrounded by people in medieval Armor who made an unusual speech about freeing Pokémon from human possession. I see where he’s coming from and actually agree with some of his points, as it’s pretty unnatural for me to make the assumption that every single Pokémon a Trainer holds is really happy, especially considering that most basically end up spending their lives inside a computer. However, I found him a bit too extremist, as you mostly do see Pokémon getting along with their Trainer and willingly fighting by their side. Not that I’m an expert or anything, though.
                        That said, since I hadn’t travelled much yet and didn’t need to stop by a Pokémon Centre or anything, I just headed to Route 2 in order to reach Striaton City. There, Professor Jupiter’s words rebounded in my head, as I actually was approached by a wild Pokémon. It was a beautiful Purrloin, with a lucid dark purple fur and deep emerald eyes. It was probably interested in my food. I tried to escape by faking the direction I was willing to take, but every move I tried seemed to be useless. Suddenly, three Patrat jumped out of the tall grass to attack the cat. It must have stolen some of their food too. My first thought was to exploit that opportunity to flee, but as they kept attacking even when Purrloin was barely able to move, I couldn’t help but scaring them away and take the injured Pokémon to the Medic Centre in Accumula. I had to wait a little bit, but after receiving the due cures, the wild Pokémon seemed totally fine, so I could bring her back to Route 2 where she belongs. I left her at the entrance of the forest and walked away, but for some reason she kept following me.
                        Around dusk time, I finally reached the end of the forest, where I met my childhood friend Bianca who kept screeching about me finally having become a Trainer and wanting to challenge me because she became strong too. It was no use trying to convince her she just jumped to conclusions, so I ended up having Purrloin fight for me against Bianca’s two Pokémon. And guess what? We won! That’s pretty incredible, as not only I’m by no means a Trainer, but I even just met the Devious Pokémon, who was also outnumbered, obviously.
                        Purrloin kept following me even in Striaton, so I just gave up and let her be. She’ll eventually get bored and go away by herself, I guess. Anyway, I visit the city until dinner time, then get to the Pokémon Centre, where I spend the night.

Sorry about the SP-Studio Avatar, I didn't have time to come up with anything better.

Scheme:
                        Spoiler:
                        -Reached Accumula Town
                        -Defeated N in Accumula Town (I had to use my Starter for this)
                        -Caught Purrloin in Route 2
                        -Defeated Bianca in Route 2
                        -Reached Striaton City

Current Team:

Purrloin
                        Level: 11
                        Moves:
                        - Scratch*
                        - Growl
                        - Assist
                        - Sand Attack

Couple of questions:

1) As long as I can't obtain a Quick Claw, can I give Purrloin other Items to hold?
                        2) Am I forced to have my main Pokémon learn as many HMs as possible or I can use another for them even when not necessary? (note that I'll need a fourth Pokémon for Strength anyway later on).
                        1. Yes, unless you get quick claw, you can let your pokemon hold any item.
                        2. 1 HM slave is allowed other than the main pokemons. The HM slave should not participate in battle and you shall use only 1 HM slave.
                        Old January 1st, 2018 (1:45 AM).

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by malanaphii View Post
                          i don't know why i found these questions so hard but anyway - here you go!

A) USERNAME: malanaphii
                          B) WHICH GAME: diamond
                          C) GENDER: female

Spoiler:
                          a) Favorite color: yellow

(Brains, Beauty, Brawn, Brave, Blissful) blissful

c) Favourite Animal: fox

(Beach, Forest, Volcano, Marsh, City, Graveyard,Snowy Field, Desert, Large Meadows.) large meadows

e) Favourite Food: spaghetti

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one?: nah not really

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil: good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?: slender

i) Which do you prefer?:
                          (Mammals, Reptiles/Amphibians, Bugs, Fish, Birds or mythical creatures) mythical creatures

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference: flying, dragon, ice

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5): probopass, sawk, throh

l) What profession do you aspire to be most?: teacher

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?: colour

n) Name a person that Inspires you?: phi phi o’hara

o) What is your favourite music?: rock/pop rock?

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday?: halloween

q) What is your zodiac sign?: leo

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?: canada

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent?: smart & unnatractive

t) What colour do you loathe?: brown

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?: 6

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect): psychology

w) Name one talent of yours: idk if it’s a talent but i'm pretty good w kids?

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty: kind, shy, pretty (sometimes)

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most?: my initial thought is may, idk why

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?: bug
                          Spoiler:

Trainer class : Teacher
                          Team
                          Alakazam
                          - yellow, psycology, smart

Garchomp
                          - dragon, variety of colors, mythical creature

Blissey
                          - blissful, kind, pretty

Special missions:
                          Trainer: Teachers try to teach their students about pokemon. To demonstrate pokemon uses and items uses, all of your pokemon shall hold a berry edible during battle i.e. a berry to be used during battles. All your pokemon shall also learn a non-directly damaging move. Like garchomp can learn sandstorm which isn't directly damaging but deals damage to not rock/ground pokemons.

Alakazam : Alakazam plays with the opponents mind. It shall learn and remember a non-damaging psychic move (which indeed is quite easy).

Garchomp : Garchomp had been a land dweller for long, but it is a shark. It still loves water. It shall learn a water type move.

Blissey : Blissey shall learn atleast 1 status healing and 1HP healing move.
                          Old January 1st, 2018 (6:25 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2018 by malanaphii.
                          hosanna in excel sheets

Thank you! I'm looking forward to this (and hoping I don't have too much trouble catching an Abra lmao)
                            Old January 3rd, 2018 (11:24 AM).
                            Can't we all just get along? Pretty please?

Nature: Relaxed
                              This sound like fun! Count me in!

Name: NergyTheMighty
                              Game: Emerald (I wanted some progress on the game anyway.)

Quiz Time!:

Spoiler:
                              A) Green
                              B) Brains
                              C) A tie between horses and parrots
                              D) City
                              E) Pizza
                              F) Never in a million years. XP
                              G) Good
                              H) Muscular, but not by much.
                              I) Birds
                              J) Fairy, Ice, and the hidden potential of Bug
                              K) I do not hate any.
                              L) Game coding and programming
                              M) Earth tones
                              N) Satoru Iwata
                              O) Pop culture
                              P) 4th of July (AMERICAAAAA, HECK YEAH!!!!! ... sorry.)
                              Q) Sagittarius
                              R) Tokyo, Japan...you know, where Nintendo's headquarters are!
                              S) Smart and unattractive; you would not believe the struggle I went through as an autistic child now an autistic adult.
                              T) I like all colors.
                              U) An uncertain 7
                              V) Reading and AP Computer Science
                              W) I have a smile that could make anyone's day! :)
                              X) Smart, kind, and funny
                              Y) I think Hau seems like the sort of guy I'd relate to.
                              Z) I like all types.

Old January 8th, 2018 (11:36 PM).
                              Rawr

Nature: Timid
                              Let me just say one thing. Blue's Alakazam is a jerk. Took me an eternity to take care of it along with a ton of heal spamming, but I made it through. Speaking of which, the run is done.

Team Zero (Final)

Lance (Dragonite) Lv. 53
                              Moves: Thunderbolt (rip Wrap), Agility, Thunder Wave, Surf

Wolfy (Growlithe) Lv. 51
                              Moves: Take Down, Agility, Dig, Flamethrower

Big Massif (Poliwrath) Lv. 49
                              Moves: Strength, Hypnosis, Earthquake, Body Slam

All special missions were accomplished. I may do another run on a different game at some point, but at the moment, there are other challenges I gotta clear out.
                              Old February 3rd, 2018 (12:43 AM).
                              Knight Train

A) USERNAME: J11Knight
                                B) WHICH GAME: Platinum
                                Spoiler:
                                a) Favorite color: Dark Blue

Brave
                                c) Favourite Animal:
                                Lions
                                Beach
                                e) Favourite Food:
                                Italian
                                Masculine
                                I believe we all live in the gray area
                                Muscular
                                i) Which do you prefer?
                                Mammals, but Birds a very close second
                                1. Ghost
                                2. Dragon
                                3. Grass

Lickitung, Clefairy Line, Pika Clones, Primarina
                                Physical Therapist
                                Variety
                                My Grandfather
                                Anything that puts me in the feels
                                My Birthday ;)
                                Leo
                                Bora Bora
                                Attractive and unintelligent
                                Yellow
                                History
                                Charming
                                Cocky, Kind Hearted, Perfectionist
                                Gary or Paul
                                z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Fairy
                                Old February 4th, 2018 (2:27 PM). Edited February 5th, 2018 by StormBeastern.

Username: StormBeastern, but just call me Storm
                                  Game: FireRed
                                  Gender: In game, I always pick male, but IRL, I'm agender

(sorry, I don't know how to do the spoiler tags, I only joined to do this challenge)

a) Black

b) Brave

c) Wolf

d) Forest

e) Enchiladas

f) Agender, so, uhh, pass?

g) Evil

h) Slender

i) Mythical

j) Fire, Grass,. Ghost

k) Magikarp, Feebas, Rattata, Zubat, Snorlax

l) Video Gamer coder

m) Earth tones

n) Chester Bennington (R. I. P.)

o) Indie rock

p) All holidays here are religious (sucks to be fair)

q) Aries (though in the Homestuck universe, it's Aro)

r) Anywhere not my homeland

s) Smart

t) Pink

u) 3

v) Anything hands on and numbers, sciency, maths, geography

w) I can sing pretty good

x) Brave, solitary, loyal

y) Tobias, Paul or Max

z) Psychic. All very quick and heavy hitters dammit

Name: Shikobi
                                  Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
                                  Old February 5th, 2018 (11:45 AM).

Quote:
                                    Originally Posted by J11Knight View Post
                                    A) USERNAME: J11Knight
                                    Spoiler:
                                    a) Favorite color: Dark Blue

Brave
                                    c) Favourite Animal:
                                    Lions
                                    Beach
                                    e) Favourite Food:
                                    Italian
                                    Masculine
                                    I believe we all live in the gray area
                                    Muscular
                                    i) Which do you prefer?
                                    Mammals, but Birds a very close second
                                    1. Ghost
                                    2. Dragon
                                    3. Grass

Lickitung, Clefairy Line, Pika Clones, Primarina
                                    Physical Therapist
                                    Variety
                                    My Grandfather
                                    Anything that puts me in the feels
                                    My Birthday ;)
                                    Leo
                                    Bora Bora
                                    Attractive and unintelligent
                                    Yellow
                                    History
                                    Charming
                                    Cocky, Kind Hearted, Perfectionist
                                    Gary or Paul
                                    z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Fairy
                                    Spoiler:

Trainer class : Ace trainer
                                    Team
                                    Machamp
                                    - masculine, brave, muscular

Garchomp
                                    - dragon, dark blue, brave

Gengar
                                    - ghost, cocky, confident

Special missions:
                                    Trainer: Ace trainers are always the best. They get their pokemon to its full potential. None of your pokemon shall have a level difference of more than 5.

Machamp : Machamp is the most physically powerful among your pokemons. It shall have atleast 1 fighting type move of power 100 or more.

Garchomp : Garchomp is brave and isn't afraid of taking risks. No items can be used on garchomp in a battle (held berries are allowed). It should learn 1 status move.

Gengar : Gengar is a confident pokemon, but it's confidence leads it into problems sometimes.
                                    In the beginning of every battle after 2 moves, gengar will switch in to battle .
                                    Old February 6th, 2018 (9:05 PM).
                                    Knight Train

Sweet! Ill get started right away. Love the Gengar mission
                                      Old February 8th, 2018 (1:17 PM). Edited February 8th, 2018 by AkiFromFT.

Username: AkiFromFT
                                        Game: Alpha Sapphire

Spoiler:
                                        a) Favorite color: Orange

b) Select one of the following which best describes you: Brains

c) Favourite Animal: Wolf

d) Where would you rather be: Forest

e) Favourite Food: Pizza

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? No

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil: Good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Slender

i) Which do you prefer? Reptiles/Amphibians

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference. Dragon, Ghost, Psychic

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5): Wurmple, Pichu, Cryoganal, Arceus, and Leafeon

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? N/A

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones? variety

n) Name a person that Inspires you? Elon Musk

o) What is your favourite music? Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? Veterans day

q) What is your zodiac sign? Dragon

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? Japan

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart and Unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe? Green

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 7

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect) Science

w) Name one talent of yours. Imagination

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty Short, Weird, Quiet

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? Max

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Bug
                                        Old February 13th, 2018 (12:32 PM).
                                        SilverLeafeon75 SilverLeafeon75 is offline
                                        Type diversity? What type diversity?

Nature: Timid
                                          I have decided to restart my challenge, since I sort of started and abandoned since I lost my White 2 cartridge
                                          A) USERNAME: SilverLeafeon75
                                          B) WHICH GAME: White 2(Emulated, so I do not have to worry about losing my cartrage again)

a) Favorite color: Silver

e) Favourite Food: Bacon

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? NA

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil?: Good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular?: Muscular

i) Which do you prefer? :Mythical Creatures

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference.: Fire, Normal, Ice

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5): Garbodor, Barbaracle, Ledian, Wormadam, Jynx

l) What profession do you aspire to be most?: Race Car Driver

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones?: Variety of color

n) Name a person that Inspires you?: My father

o) What is your favourite music?: Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday?: My Birthday

q) What is your zodiac sign?: Cancer

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to?: Germany

s) Would you rather be smart and unattractive or attractive and unintelligent? Smart and Unattractive

t) What colour do you loathe?: Bright Pink

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?: 1

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect): Art

w) Name one talent of yours. : Creativity

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty : Shy, Careing, Smart

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? : None really

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe?: Overrated pokemon/Popular OP Pokemon(e.g. Lucario, Blaziken) and Ugly Pokemon.

Soul Silver Fire Monotype: Badge 7/16
                                          Old February 15th, 2018 (12:13 AM).
                                          Dark Type Gym Leader

Nature: Naive
                                            Hello, I'm new to these forums, but I have been itching for a good, old-fashioned challenge, and Nuzlocke can only get me so far. Let me know if I did this right ;;
                                            USERNAME: Jirachibaby
                                            C) GENDER: Female

Spoiler:

a) Favorite color:
                                            Blue

Beauty

c) Favourite Animal:
                                            Fox

Forest

e) Favourite Food:
                                            Steak

No, I'm rather androgynous

Good

Slender

i) Which do you prefer?
                                            Mammals or mythical creatures

Dark
                                            Ghost
                                            Grass

Kricketune
                                            Wobuffet
                                            Jynx
                                            Snorlax
                                            Wormadam

An artist

N/A

Kara Thrace (Battlestar Galactica)

N/A

Halloween (wait isn't halloween pagan ;;)

Pisces

Japan

Well I'm already attractive and dense, so... The latter

Chartreuse (IT ISN'T EVEN RED OR GREEN OR ANYTHING, IT'S A GROSS YELLOW)

Science or Math

Drawing

Eclectic, quiet, soft

Team Skull/Team Aqua Grunt
                                            or Preschooler girl

Rock/Ground (like what even is the difference why)
                                            Old February 15th, 2018 (2:53 AM).
                                            Also known as 'Michelle' to some.

Nature: Bold
                                            So, since a lot of people have been waiting, I decided to just get some out of the way. please do mine soon.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by StormBeastern View Post
                                            Snip
                                            Here ya go:
                                            Spoiler:

Your trainer class: Mysterious Trainer
                                            You are a very mysterious trainer. You appear at mysterious scenes and investigates the scene, in search of the answer.
                                            Team:

Arbok - Evil, Slender, Solitary, loathing psychic -- Arbok is your trusted partner. Arbok needs to be in the front of the party for every major battle.

Magneton - Agender, Earth Tones, Video Game coder, Science, Maths -- Magneton is the brains of your team. It constantly thinks of strategies of how to achieve your missions. It needs to have 2 attacking moves and 2 status moves.

Persian - Smart, Evil, Slender, Earth Tones - Persian is a savage attacker. However, it becomes cowardly when facing strong opponents. You can only have Persian out for 4 turns at a time.

Quote:
                                            Originally Posted by AkiFromFT View Post
                                            Username: AkiFromFT
                                            Game: Alpha Sapphire

Spoiler:
                                            a) Favorite color: Orange

e) Favourite Food: Pizza

f) Do you see yourself as more masculine or feminine than others of your gender? If yes, then which one? No

g) Which one are you most like? Good or Evil: Good

h) Would you rather be slender or muscular? Slender

i) Which do you prefer? Reptiles/Amphibians

j) List top three favourite Pokemon types in order of preference. Dragon, Ghost, Psychic

k) What Pokemon do you hate (no more than 5): Wurmple, Pichu, Cryoganal, Arceus, and Leafeon

l) What profession do you aspire to be most? N/A

m) Do you rather dress with a variety of colour or in earth tones? variety

n) Name a person that Inspires you? Elon Musk

o) What is your favourite music? Rock

p) What is your favourite non-religious holiday? Veterans day

q) What is your zodiac sign? Dragon

r) Where in the world would you love to travel to? Japan

t) What colour do you loathe? Green

u) ON a scale of 1-10, how confident are you? 7

v) Favourite type of Subject (Art , Science Geology, Ect) Science

w) Name one talent of yours. Imagination

x) Describe yourself with three adjectives. Example: smart, kind, pretty Short, Weird, Quiet

y) Which Pokemon trainer from anime/games do you identify with most? Max

z) What type of Pokemon do you loathe? Bug
                                            And here you go as well!
                                            Spoiler:

Trainer class: Veteran

Kingdra - Dragon, Zodiac Sign Dragon, Quiet, Variety, Brains -- Kingdra is a very smart Pokémon. It prefers brain over brawn. It can't have moves stronger than 90.

Muk - Hates green, science, Weird - Muk is weird. It grosses out opponents. Muk must have at least one move that lowers the opponents stat as a primary effect.

Banette - Smart, Brains, Ghost, Short, Weird, Quiet, Imagination - Banette is scary. However, it's only looking for love. It must know Attract.
                                            Old February 15th, 2018 (7:22 AM).

Quote:
                                              And here you go as well!
                                              Spoiler:

Trainer class: Veteran

Kingdra - Dragon, Zodiac Sign Dragon, Quiet, Variety, Brains -- Kingdra is a very smart Pokémon. It prefers brain over brawn. It can't have moves stronger than 90.

Muk - Hates green, science, Weird - Muk is weird. It grosses out opponents. Muk must have at least one move that lowers the opponents stat as a primary effect.

Banette - Smart, Brains, Ghost, Short, Weird, Quiet, Imagination - Banette is scary. However, it's only looking for love. It must know Attract.
                                              ok I'll get started later today
                                              Old February 15th, 2018 (2:06 PM).

in regards to muk and the stat lowering move does memento count

Quick Reply