• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
x.x How many terms are there? I do not know or just hear for the first time like more than half of them :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
pomosexual and polysexual are the only other ones I know.

And now that I think about it, polysexual is the attraction to more than one sex, but not all... so that would be what I was looking for earlier. (Though I don't think I want to explain what that means every time I talk to someone about my sexuality, so I'm gonna stick with bi. lol)

Better definitions if you want to put it up there:
Polysexual: The attraction to more than one gender and/or sex, but not all of them.

Pomosexual I'm a little unclear about, honestly... and it's not even on wikipedia, so maybe we shouldn't include it. I dunno.
I found this link though: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Transwiki:Pomosexual

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have been meaning to redo the original post for weeks now, but I just haven't had the time! A list of terms is an awesome idea, it might help new supporter members to figure us all out lol. Pikapal, if you're making it just PM me when you've finished and I'll add it in :D thanks!

We might as well add in the 'romantic' terms (homoromantic etc) while we're at it. If we're gonna do this we might as well do it extensively lol - sorry I'd say more but it's Christmas and my family is bugging me to open stuff XD

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

Do you think that there is a higher percentage of LGBT people are in open relationships? How do you guys feel about open relationships personally?

It seems like there is a signifantly higher percentage of LGBT people (well not sure about the "T" lol) that are only interested in open relationships than there are straight people.

I personally would never engage in an open relationship. I am one of those people that would be WAY too jealous to enter one. I also would like to have kids and someone who I can depend on. The bond seems weakened when you add more people in; there must be a feeling of expendability. Ugh, on a less rational note, open relationships just seem superficial and disgusting, lol. Although I feel like it gives other gay people a bad image when others are engaging in open relationships, I think it is a personal choice, and despite how I feel about open relationships, I would not interject myself into that choice, for it is not mine to make.

Years
If you're looking for a list of terms to add to the first page here's something you could use.
Heterosexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the same sex.

Bisexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex.

Demisexual: a person who is only sexually attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection.

Pansexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex.

Asexual: a person who does not feel sexual attraction to any gender or sex. An asexual person can still have romantic attraction to other people, just not sexual attraction.

Heteroromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Homoromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to a person of the same sex, but not sexually attracted.

Biromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Demiromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection, but not sexually attracted.

Panromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex, but not sexually attracted.

Aromantic: a person who does not feel romantic attraction to any gender or sex. An aromantic person can still have physical attraction to other people and desire platonic relationships.

Transgender: an umbrella term for several types of gender identities.

Transsexual: a person whose gender is inconsistent with their biological sex. They may or may not have undergone sexual reassignment surgery.

Cisgender: a person whose physical body matches their gender.

Genderqueer: a person who does not feel they fit into either a female or male gender.

Gender fluid: a person who moves between genders

Intersex(ed): having elements of both genders. For instance, a person who has XY-chromosomes and develops female secondary sexual characteristics or a person who has ambiguous genitalia.

Gender dysphoria / Gender identity disorder: feeling uncomfortable with the gender or sex one is assigned at birth.
Edit the terms if you like.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
If you're looking for a list of terms to add to the first page here's something you could use.
Heterosexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex.

Homosexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to a person of the same sex.

Bisexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex.

Demisexual: a person who is only sexually attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection.

Pansexual: a person who is sexually and romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex.

Asexual: a person who does not feel sexual attraction to any gender or sex. An asexual person can still have romantic attraction to other people, just not sexual attraction.

Heteroromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to a person of the opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Homoromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to a person of the same sex, but not sexually attracted.

Biromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to persons of the same and opposite sex, but not sexually attracted.

Demiromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to someone with whom they share a deep emotional connection, but not sexually attracted.

Panromantic: a person who is romantically attracted to any human being, regardless of orientation, gender identity, or sex, but not sexually attracted.

Aromantic: a person who does not feel romantic attraction to any gender or sex. An aromantic person can still have physical attraction to other people and desire platonic relationships.

Transgender: an umbrella term for several types of gender identities.

Transsexual: a person whose gender is inconsistent with their biological sex. They may or may not have undergone sexual reassignment surgery.

Cisgender: a person whose physical body matches their gender.

Genderqueer: a person who does not feel they fit into either a female or male gender.

Gender fluid: a person who moves between genders

Intersex(ed): having elements of both genders. For instance, a person who has XY-chromosomes and develops female secondary sexual characteristics or a person who has ambiguous genitalia.

Gender dysphoria / Gender identity disorder: feeling uncomfortable with the gender or sex one is assigned at birth.
Edit the terms if you like.

Darn it Scarf, you stole my thunder!

...But that is a damn good list! You did a good job Scarf! A better job than I was doing. xD Thanks! :3

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
It's interesting there's that split between romantic and sexual in those terms. Of course they're not the same (romantic being the desire to have a deep emotional love experience and sexual being GREATGOOGLYMOOGLY.)

But couldn't that lack of sexual attraction interfere with the romantic relationship later on?

Not that a relationship survives on the couple's frequency of sexual encounters, but.... here, hypothetical situation:

Heterosexual Heidi and Heteroromantic Rob get into a relationship.
Everything goes great for Heidi and Rob for a while.... walks on the beach, cute facebook messages, meals taken with beautiful sunlight and a picnic basket or a candlelight table at the fanciest restaurant in town.... but then comes that day Heterosexual Heidi starts to get a little extra flirtatious.
What does Heteroromantic Rob do, feeling no sexual attraction to Heidi, but purely romantic?

Not that heteroromantics don't proceed with sexual relationships and enjoy themselves during, but I guess the question is: Does a romantic relationship need mutual sexual attraction?

or, better yet:

Explain to me more about the concept of a -romantic.

I'm very interested.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Well, unless he has been lying to heterosexual Heidi, they have been expecting this issue to come up sometime and heteroromantic Rob will either have to "help" her with her needs, let her have sex with other men or end the relationship. Most will go for the first option, as any -romantic getting involved with a -sexual is prepared for that, otherwise they would date a fellow -romantic.

I mean, it's not like there aren't -sexual people not really interested in sex either. :X

-Here- you can read about a recent struggle with someones mixed relationship.

If you're really curious, you should just peruse that forum. :P

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
It's interesting there's that split between romantic and sexual in those terms. Of course they're not the same (romantic being the desire to have a deep emotional love experience and sexual being GREATGOOGLYMOOGLY.)

But couldn't that lack of sexual attraction interfere with the romantic relationship later on?

Not that a relationship survives on the couple's frequency of sexual encounters, but.... here, hypothetical situation:

Everything goes great for Heidi and Rob for a while.... walks on the beach, cute facebook messages, meals taken with beautiful sunlight and a picnic basket or a candlelight table at the fanciest restaurant in town.... but then comes that day Heterosexual Heidi starts to get a little extra flirtatious.
What does Heteroromantic Rob do, feeling no sexual attraction to Heidi, but purely romantic?

Not that heteroromantics don't proceed with sexual relationships and enjoy themselves during, but I guess the question is: Does a romantic relationship need mutual sexual attraction?

or, better yet:

I'm very interested.
Well, it depends. Some asexuals are actually repulsed by the idea of sex, and won't do it no matter what. In that case, their partner would have to sacrifice sex altogether to make the relationship work, which I imagine would be fairly difficult.

There are also plenty of asexuals who are willing to have sex to satisfy their partner though.

Either way, it's definitely possible to have a relationship with a sexual and asexual.

Years

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
With all this discussion about less-used terms, I'll let everyone know: I'm demisexual, and I'm also pansexual-homoromantic. Meaning I can be romantically attracted to anyone with a female gender identity, and I can be sexually attracted to the body of anyone I'm in love with (but no one else) as long as that person has a female gender identity. n3n I hope that makes sense.
I should have known this earlier since the first time I had sexual attraction was about . . . fourteen and the first time I was "horny" was seventeen but hey, I'm a little clueless. xD

or, better yet:

I'm very interested.
I have had a similar situation to this . . . two or three times out of the four relationships I've been in. In my second relationship, I didn't even know about my own discomfort so I sort of "stomached it" and it soured the relationship I think.
In my third relationship, she wanted to have sex but dropped it pretty quick when I said I wasn't ready.
In my fourth relationship, which I'm still in, I brushed her off several times and later found out that I was causing her a lot of pain, which I still feel bad about. Dx But now I've gotten to a point where we're close enough and I actually enjoy it for the first time.

What do you think of the stereotypes that are attached to your sexuality/identity (gay/bi/trans/whatever)? Which one of them, if any, do you fit the best? Do you ever conform to them intentionally, or go out of your way to defy them?

First, lemme say I consider myself trans and pansexual. I try my best to just be me and not worry about whether what I do matches or goes against stereotypes. Unlike some stereotypes of trans people I'm not interested in having surgery to change my genitalia (I'm never going to get over how weird it is to type "my genitalia"), nor am I totally concerned with "passing" all the time. Quite often if you saw me you might think I was a guy. Maybe you'd think I was gay, or just a non-traditional guy, but you might all the same. I don't know what kinds of stereotypes there are of pansexual people specifically, but when it comes to the idea of someone who's attracted to more than one gender being promiscuous and always horny that isn't me.

I do, unfortunately, have a bit of that stereotype about trans girls who go overboard when it comes to clothes and my eyes naturally wander to the girly, frilly, pink things in a store, although I have enough sense/self-control to keep my wardrobe mostly tasteful. Of course as I write that I realize I'm wearing a pink polka dotted top right now. xD
Instead of bothering to type my own whole thing, I'm gonna say "same" on all the trans things, only I generally want to pass.

Sorry for not responding to the later stuff. I really liked the older discussions and I don't have a lot of computer time right now. x3x Still technically on my Christmas trip thingie.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Well, unless he has been lying to heterosexual Heidi, they have been expecting this issue to come up sometime and heteroromantic Rob will either have to "help" her with her needs, let her have sex with other men or end the relationship. Most will go for the first option, as any -romantic getting involved with a -sexual is prepared for that, otherwise they would date a fellow -romantic.

I mean, it's not like there aren't -sexual people not really interested in sex either. :X

-Here- you can read about a recent struggle with someones mixed relationship.

If you're really curious, you should just peruse that forum. :P

I can how the first option can work, but letting a partner have sex with other people doesn't. At least not in my mind.

I just don't think an open relationship or polygamy is the right answer to any sexual frustration- love can't exist in those kinds of relationships. At least I wouldn't be able to be in one of them and feel loved. :/

Heterosexual Heidi is certainly not thinking about how much she loves and adores Heteroromantic Rob when she's rolling around with another man.

Being just a -romantic must be awful, especially if you're repulsed by sex like QuilavaKing mentioned. Sex is a pretty important part in a romantic relationship, and it could lead to a lot of misunderstandings with someone in a relationship with an asexual.

Years
Hello, I wonder if I may be able to join?
I am 100% bisexual, demisexual and homoromantic , meaning I do have an attraction to guys and girls alike, however only feel sexual for guys and very special once whom I feel really strongly about. Yes, it's a bit confusing... Pokemon is sort of my way to get away from the land of real life, so that is why I am also a proud nerd.

I agree with Kiyoshi the Polar Bear as I, if in that situation would not feel loved at all.
Sex is important for many different reasons, however if Rob feels alright ( I highly doubt it though) with Heidi having sex with other men, there is no reason why it should not work. However, I also agree than Heidi will not be thinking about Rob, making this a big problem.

The Salvation Army are horrible, thoughtless people. Before I looked a little deeper, I thought they were an organization to help people, not just the people whom were in a relationship or so on that they believed in. Everyone has a different belief, I agree, however this should not limit the help they give, as they are Christians and even state in their website :We believe in openly sharing our faith and the good news of God's love for everyone, helping individuals to develop and grow in their own personal relationship with God, demonstrating a practical concern for all and speaking out against social injustice.
Concern for all? Really? I don't think so at all!

That is the end of my ramble for today, and I hope to join this group if possible.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years

Being just a -romantic must be awful, especially if you're repulsed by sex like QuilavaKing mentioned. Sex is a pretty important part in a romantic relationship, and it could lead to a lot of misunderstandings with someone in a relationship with an asexual.
Well, not necessarily. It might make things a little more difficult if you're in a relationship with someone who's not, but I've actually seen asexuals be fairly elitist about it. As in, they think they're above people who do want to have sex. (Kinda like sheldon cooper, but not quite as insane. lol) So, I think most of them are more or less okay with it.

Shining Raichu

Years
Argh sorry I've been terrible lately, SO BUSY. Anyway, here goes:

Hey there Delcatty123, of course you can join! I'll add you to the list immediately, it's nice to meet you :)

Does a romantic relationship need mutual sexual attraction?

I can't speak for all romantic relationships, but any romantic relationship in which I'm involved would definitely need mutual sexual attraction. Sexually, it's important for me that I enjoy myself and that my partner also enjoys himself and that both of us are left satisfied. I could not date an asexual person, because even if he were willing to 'help me out' with my urges, knowing that he wasn't experiencing any similar enjoyment would really kill the mood. It would just feel very one-sided, and I don't like that.

I think feeling like that would affect the intimacy in our relationship, because for people who are interested in sex it is a vital part of intimacy in a relationship. If I cared about it and he didn't, it's just not a balanced relationship.

Another way to interpret that question is that both of us are sexually interested but one of us is simply not attracted to the other. In that case, why are they together in the first place? :P

The Salvation Army are such freaking douchebags. It reminds me a lot of that blog someone posted a few pages back entitled "I'm Christian... unless you're gay". I think it's our responsiblity to circulate that as wide as we can and make sure The Salvation Army gets as little money as possible.

***​

Also, that list of terms looks great :) if someone wants to put it all together officially and send it to me or post it here in completion then I'll make it a priority to get to re-doing the original post lol

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Is it normal for someone in there 80s to judge about me wanting a sex change? My 85 yr old aunt has been fussing since July to the point I want to punch her. Yet my granda understands and is the same age so it's odd

Last edited:

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
Years
It's perfectly natural, some people are just more understanding/accepting than others, your Grandmother and Aunt just have different views on the matter, it's more likely someone at that age wouldn't accept it because when they were growing up LGBTetc issues where much more frowned upon and not spoken about.

Shining Raichu

Years
Yeah Ashley, it's completely normal. Older people have a tendency to be harsher on LGBT topics. But just because it's normal, doesn't make it in any way excusable. I personally accept age or upbringing as reasons for bigotry, but not as excuses. There is no excuse, anybody with a brain has the power to overcome what they were taught as children.

Back