• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Results - 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
Whoops can't believe i missed this thread oh well better late than never Congrats CBM.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2011
Congrats coolboy, i was checking your hack and, well it's tru yo really put effort on your hack. Shiny Gold also is great, but i really think that Prism decerves 1st place because 1)It's a GBC hack and they are not so abundant.
2)He stripped out the whole code of a ROM and writes his own code on it... i mean, come on. It's harder than writing a few lines on PokeScript.

BUT, Shiny gold is the best GBA Hack of this year. I really liked it.

And i still stand to what i said before. Awards doesn't have to be Popularity Awards... imagine a Video Game Award based on popularity... if you are a sony-fanboy, it would be all Sony, and i think people could actually get injured lol. So, stop being such a Fanboy and le the best hack win. And if it is not the hack you laved, tuff break... deal whit it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Guys, as I said in my earlier post. It's allright. The only thing that I'll ask from now on is that you remove the "but I thought SG would win" on your posts (that only makes everything worse because that phrase can only tend to increase my distrust on the judging)

So, as I said before, just give me some time. Please. I really need to think, my emotions are all mixed now so that's why I'm acting strangely. And that's why I'll not be as active for a few days, at least till I upload the Beta5.

By the way, Erimgard can confirm that even between all of this, I'm still currently fixing bugs and all of that evil stuff on the Beta, hope this means something...

Ehhhmmm... Nothing more... Thanks.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Guys, as I said in my earlier post. It's allright. The only thing that I'll ask from now on is that you remove the "but I thought SG would win" on your posts (that only makes everything worse because that phrase can only tend to increase my distrust on the judging)

So, as I said before, just give me some time. Please. I really need to think, my emotions are all mixed now so that's why I'm acting strangely. And that's why I'll not be as active for a few days, at least till I upload the Beta5.

By the way, Erimgard can confirm that even between all of this, I'm still currently fixing bugs and all of that evil stuff on the Beta, hope this means something...

Ehhhmmm... Nothing more... Thanks.

Hey, great to know your feeling better.
Good luck on Beta5, and take it easy!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I have seen the true doors of righteousness... =3
At least, I know. Well.., I guess the things stated were really true...

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
:) Just a figure of speech, HS. ;)

I meant now I saw the true source of judging, from you, at least, but oh well... ;)

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 23, 2011
That just made no sense at all to me, but I won't say anything otherwise I'll get some people mad.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Zel, I'm done being nice with you.

Let me ask you, WHY are you emotions all "mixed up" and pissed off at this? First off, you knew how this contest worked, especially this round. You KNEW (or at least pretended to know) that you had the chance of not winning. If anything, this post has exposed your true colors, and I'm not happy with it at all.

Why are you getting all upset and crazy over a CONTEST THAT YOU GOT SECOND PLACE IN? I thought you were going to win too, would I get all "Crazy" with emotions if I didn't win? No. Did Earthvisitor? No. I was expecting second or third, which would just be fine, remember, it was great to just GET THIS FAR.

Theres a difference between popularity and how good something is, just because something is more popular than something else, doesn't mean it's better. The judging from what I believe, was used to avoid votes people who only played one hack and automatically voted for that hack. I told Hiroshi to tell all the judges to forget about me and just focus on the hack itself, as if the author was someone who they didn't even know.

So SUCK IT UP AND MOVE ON. I'm done with you and everyone else crying that their hack didn't win. Would you all be hoping for a GBA/GBC category if my hack got second? Probably not.

I hack not for competition, just to make people happy, and you should too.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Zel I'm done being nice with you.

Let me ask you, WHY are you emotions all "mixed up". First off, you knew how this contest worked, especially this round. You KNEW (or at least pretended to know) that you had the chance of not winning. If anything, this post has exposed your true colors, and I'm not happy at all.

Why are you getting all upset and crazy over a CONTEST THAT YOU GOT SECOND PLACE IN? I thought you were going to win too, would I get all "Crazy" with emotions if I didn't win? No. Did Earthvisitor? No. I was expecting second or third, which would just be fine, remember, it was great to just GET THIS FAR.

Theres a difference between popularity and how good something is, just because something is more popular than something else, doesn't mean it's better. The judging from what I believe, was used to avoid votes people who only played one hack and automatically voted for that hack. I told Hiroshi to tell all the judges to forget about me and just focus on the hack itself, as if someone else they didn't even know made it.

So SUCK IT UP AND MOVE ON. I'm done with you and everyone else crying that their hack didn't win. Would you all be hoping for a GBA/GBC category if my hack got second? Probably not.

That was kinda mean, don't you think?
I i do have to say that the last part, where you said that no one would want a gba/gbc category if you didn't win would probably be true though.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel, I'm done being nice with you.

Let me ask you, WHY are you emotions all "mixed up" and pissed off at this? First off, you knew how this contest worked, especially this round. You KNEW (or at least pretended to know) that you had the chance of not winning. If anything, this post has exposed your true colors, and I'm not happy with it at all.

Theres a difference between popularity and how good something is, just because something is more popular than something else, doesn't mean it's better. The judging from what I believe, was used to avoid votes people who only played one hack and automatically voted for that hack. I told Hiroshi to tell all the judges to forget about me and just focus on the hack itself, as if the author was someone who they didn't even know.

I hack not for competition, just to make people happy, and you should too.

OK. You don't like that I am so competitive, but sorry, that's the way I am, I cannot really change it, man. If you cant understand it, well... what can I do?

I know, I'll just get rid of the awards I've gotten, and I'll say that I don't wish to participate in any other competition in the future. Guess that way you wont need to see the competitive side of me anymore.

By the way, don't worry. I already gave up, and started thinking forward (now that I don't have any more awards pressure, I'll be better), but I'll never betray what I've said, because sometimes you need to express your feelings.

I guess you wont believe it, but I'd obviously share the prize with you, Baro and As_Stars_Go_Out, since, as I always say, you guys were the reason for me being hacking in the first place. I guess this is of no use to you now.

Sigh... I said it before, just let me do my thinking and work on my hack peacefully from now on, ok. If you want to ignore me, then I wont mind. I'm just happy that you remember what I've told you before when you were at Garfieldlover's thread :)

Again, if you will keep at it, I'll start ignoring the discussion. Let's keep going... I'm done.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm...
-__- ... ... ... ... ... ...

CBM, you went too far there now...
I do understand how zel feels, though, and I guess you'll need to understand him, too...

*sigh* no matter... I'll be looking forward towards the old, happy, (evil) and approachable zel to be back on. :)

I guess we do need to leave what's in the past behind and just look forward towards tomorrow.

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
Years
Hmm...
-__- ... ... ... ... ... ...

CBM, you went too far there now...
I do understand how zel feels, though, and I guess you'll need to understand him, too...

*sigh* no matter... I'll be looking forward towards the old, happy, (evil) and approachable zel to be back on. :)

I guess we do need to leave what's in the past behind and just look forward towards tomorrow.

I think cbm was mean there, but you have to understand both sides.
cbm won and people are making him feel guilty about it, and zel came in 2nd, and he feels bad that he didn't win (everyone gets competitve now in then).

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Well, that's great to hear. ^^
I sure hope peace will come back around here, and I do hope zel will return to his normal state... :)

Godot

That's one of my rules.
Years
Congrats to Coolboyman of Hack of the Year. ShinyGold deserved it just as much and so did Rocket's Revenge, but alas, there can only be one winner. Good luck to your hacks.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I still think that three people dont represent the feeling of the hacking community, but still, if that's how the rules are gonna be, I will abide them this time.
Sadly that's how many things are done in the world. Widespread votes are easy to influence and take tons of time and effort so a few are picked to represent the whole. Just look at American Idol. Three judges who are trained to be realistic and unbiased (something popular vote is incapable of, EVER). The Olympics? Same thing, they use a few judges instead of the huge crowds watching the events. Why? The judges know what to base results on, not just pick a quick fav like the audience.

And if you ever entered the real gaming world? Guess what. Your game idea would be judged by one executive or a few people, not every gamer in the world. They know what will work and what won't, what will sell, and what they have the money for. Even if you had a hundred gamers behind your idea, one big wig could shoot you down because they know how things really work.

Proof wide scale popularity contests don't work: Just look at how hated the American leadership is by other countries.

Please note: I have nothing against you or your hack, it just irritates me how you respond to coming in second place. Second place. Missing first by 2.666~ points. You were a finalist, it isn't like we said your hack was garbage that should be destroyed, but that is how you've acted in this thread. It is disrespectful to us judges, and trust me, I had a heck of a hard time choosing between Prism and Rocket's Revenge so that they wouldn't be tied in my scoring. You have surpassed all but one so you think you should be a bit more grateful... Sorry, I've been bottling up too much here on these forums lately and had to say it.

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
I always like you Koolboyman. You're the best Pokemon ROM Hacker I've even known.

I may get back to playing Pokemon ROM-hacks anytime soon. :)

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm happy to return after the flamewar and had missed it all, and I'm happy to see that everything is back to normal now.

Congrats to Coolboyman. You deserved the title since the moment you started adding features even Nintendo didn't. Enjoy the title, it has taken you your time.

To zel... well, I don't think I have anything more to say, specially when you said that you wanted to end this. But, even if you didn't get an award, for many people you are the winner, and that also counts.

And, well, I'm sad to see that this HotY is going to be the most discussed of all. I hope that next year's will be less problematic.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back