• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] Kanto: Back to Basics (M)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just checked Bulbapedia, it does learn Vine Whip as an Egg Move though :> I think Nintendo realized that Chikorita not knowing Vine Whip somehow is weird.

How did I miss that O.o all good then! I'll edit to Chikorita later today :)

I still reallllly want to catch an Elekid eventually though <3

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
The Legend of the Sacred Treasures...

The young warrior had finally awaken. He hadn't been so far from the village before his long journey of enlightenment, but he found himself strolling through the farmlands, to crossing rivers, and even to scaling mountains. He had very little resources and worn out clothes, practically the only thing keeping him strong was his loyal partner, Eevee. Eevee had helped him kept his master awake from his weakness, as the duo pressed on. Soon the clear night sky got cloudy, and rain began to pour, followed up by lighting. If they weren't careful, the wind would cause rock avalanches, and ultimately tie into their own downfall. The rain wasn't letting up. But they had to keep going, for his road to enlightenment was ahead.

The only moment the young warrior could recall before being passed out: they soon sought their sight upon ancient scriptures in a peculiar rock formation. That was when they saw it -- the thunder and lighting were closer and louder, as he soon saw what it seemed like a gigantic rainbow winged bird. There was then a gigantic cry from the bird, as it then released its powerful sacred flame in the distance, almost making the duo lose their balance, as the rocks crumbled. He didn't know where the bird was aiming towards, but as soon as he knew it, the bird flapped its monstrous wings and flew off towards the distance. The warrior couldn't keep his eyes open as he went to a state of unconsciousness then, the only thing he remembered, the rainbow feathers from the bird glowing once again anew, transforming themselves as magical stones, that spread across the land of Kanto.

These stones were said to contain powers and energy even beyond of that of humans, and has been said by gathering all 7 together would grant one immortality to the owner. However, from those times, that was only been treated as a legend, thus no one attempted to find these stones. That would one day change in this modern era however, when a certain group made it their mission to find these 7 magical stones... the legend was proven real, as one of those legendary stones were already found by them.

Only 6 more remain. What is this organization, and where are the other magical stones? A certain trainer stands at the center of this story...

The Daily Life of a Energetic, Selfish Detective

Name: Amelia Rose ♌ The name Amelia is a girl's name of German origin meaning "work".

Appearance
Amelia, as a girl at her age, has slim thighs and fair-skin with a pale complexion. She has a has waist-length blond hair with pink tips at the end of her hair and strikingly aqua-blue eyes. For her appearance, she can vary between light blouses, skirts, shorts, dresses, small heels, and pants. But, her signature style is a half-sleeved white shirt with a blue sailor-style collar attached at the lower part of her neck and it connects a thin orange tie that is laced through a loop at the end of the shirt, making a little part of the tie to reach the skirt. The skirt reaches around the upper thighs and is a blue fabric, that is accompanied by thigh-length black socks and brown slip-on shoes.

History
She was born in a household with her father, with her mother having a severe illness until she eventually and sadly passed on, while Amelia was very young. Her father was busy with his work as a researcher, so Amelia had to find ways to entertain her while she was alone. She came across things like mystery books, and pokemon novels -- which she liked seeing the pokemon, but mystery was her primary focus. Reading those mysteries, finding the truth, digging into suspense and shadow... those were the kinds of thing she wanted to experience for herself when she grew up.

Eventually she decided, she was to study hard and become a detective for the law. Easier said than done, but she had to start somewhere -- so she first decided to make a small agency for herself. When she became 17, her studies paid off as she began the footstep of her dream, but of course, being new, she wasn't exactly known yet. Fortune was on her side however, she became of age and had the opportunity to become a Pokemon trainer! Perhaps she should go on a journey, to learn more about the mysterious world she lived in, and the people and pokemon that lived in it. While not having a direct dream of being a master trainer, she wanted to explore the unknown.

Becoming 18, she was finally ready. However, her excitement turned into worry as she received a message from the police... her father was missing. No one knows why. Her father was the only family member she had left in this world, so of course she was set on finding him, despite police efforts. It was time for her detective skills to be finally be put to use. The first case of finding her father begins.

Goals/Interests/Dreams
She wants to be the most renowned detective in all of Kanto, and will solve any mystery to do it. Most importantly, however, she wants to solve the important case of why her father had vanished.

Strengths
Amelia is an eccentric but humorous young lady, with an active imagination in full employ when solving puzzles and solving crimes. She's smart, spunky, honest, determined, and quite imaginative. She stands out from others because she likes to think in places where no one else would dare to, relying on imaginative or complex explanations for mysteries. She also has an honest glow to her eyes, condemning crime, and believing in justice and natural order for the people and the pokemon.

Weaknesses:
She can be quite selfish, and can have a massive ego... her dreams and her determination for everyone to recognize how brilliant she is can get in the way of her actually doing the right thing. Her honestly can also lead to her being disrespectful, and misunderstood, much to her dismay.

Quirks:
She has a sweet tooth, and an insatiable appetite, being able to put away a large dinner and still have room for dessert. She also likes to mimic and refer to mystery stories and apply things from there, for her own use. For example, she can casually and snidely enlist people as 'sidekicks' to her case solving cause... sort of like how famous detectives have one as well.

Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Nickname: Amber
Moveset: Tackle - Smokescreen - Flame Wheel - Defense Curl - Swift - Flare Blitz

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oook since I can't resist Kanto...

I'll reserve this post for an SU.
Morgan can be in two universes at the same time, right?!!?

or maybe you can change your Airborne char.......

Or maybe it is time for a new fantastic friendship between Deen and somebody new :D

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Morgan can be in two universes at the same time, right?!!?

or maybe you can change your Airborne char.......

Or maybe it is time for a new fantastic friendship between Deen and somebody new :D

I think I'll go with someone new this time.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
63dd012004e2db372c8062ed818fa32d.jpg

Name: Eric "Pyroar Heart" Damon

Appearance: A good-looking youth, fair skin, dirty-blond hair, deep green eyes, slightly muscular build and above average height. Eric wears a lot of earthy colors. white T-shirt, long khaki pants, and gray shoes. Also has a strange green locket.

History: Eric doesn't know much from his infancy. He was found floating at sea near a shipwreck, by a wild Dragonite who took him to a nearby island. A pride of Pyroar eventually raised him for the next ten or so years. He grew up with their Litleo offspring, but somehow knew he was different. It was shortly after the tenth anniversary of him being taken in as one of the pride, that he finally met some humans. The beautiful Peggy Owen, niece of a certain former Unovan Gym Leader, was on an expedition to find an ancient relic that was allegedly on the island. Eric instantly fell in love with her. She taught him all about humanity, and took him back to Nacrene City after the expedition ended in failure. Eric adapted to civilization with relative ease, mostly due to Peggy's support. Peggy was a Pokemon Ranger who despised anybody who used Pokemon for evil, which is a trait Eric quickly picked up. They dated for several years, and Eric gradually became sort of a local celebrity. The two lovers were on a romantic getaway in Kanto when they noticed a mother Marowak in peril. Peggy was killed that fateful night by a group called Team Rocket, along with the mother Marowak. Eric somehow knew these Rocket grunts were among the worst of humanity, he had seen Team Plasma in Unova, but these Rocket guys made them look like the good guys. Eric recently decided to become a Pokemon Trainer to make sure that nobody would suffer the same fate as the woman he loved.

Goals/Interests/Dreams: Eric's primary goal is to avenge the death of his beloved Peggy, but he wouldn't mind finding someone as loving and supportive to fill the giant gap in his heart. Eric wants to make the world a better place for both Pokemon and the humans that care about them.

Strengths: Eric is very athletic in the wilderness, and can communicate with Pokemon relatively easily. He also has a strong sense of justice.
Weaknesses: Can be arrogant and temperamental. Tends to hold grudges and may seem impatient. A tad awkward socially (but he's working on it)
Quirks: Sense of humor, a devout follower of Arceus, will do whatever it takes to protect his comrades.

Starter Pokemon: Sandile
Nickname: none
Moveset: Bite, Sand Tomb, Rage, Mud Slap, Dig, Rock Climb

a bit rusty at this.....

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
This is something I haven't seen before, so if you guys think it may be a bad idea, let me know. Before I do get into it, this character doesn't necessarily have to be in the same universe as another character about to be mentioned. If you guys think having two character related in 2 different RPs is a bad idea, I understand, and can easily change the character around, all just had to add in some additional info to make the SU complete. But like I said, it doesn't necessarily have to be the same universe.

Name: Kairi Tadokoro

Appearance: Kairi has ash brown hair and redish-brown eyes. Her hair goes down to her shoulders and is sometimes braided in two small pigtails. She is tan from spending a lot of time outdoors. Most of the time she wears round glasses that easily cover her eyes, but sometimes she won't wear them on at all and will use contacts. She avoids wearing 'girly' clothes and would rather wear a T-Shirt and pants over dresses and skirts. She is about 5'8" and toned.
Spoiler:

History: Kairi was born in Couriway Town and lived with her parents. Her father is a pilot who delivered packages all over the world. Her mother a Showcase Performer and once held the title of Kalos Queen. Until she was 7, she traveled all over Kalos with her mother, but that all changed when her aunt and uncle were killed in an avalanche and her cousin, Sora Tadokoro moved in with the. She tried to get closer, but he never let her get close and it was hard to get along, until one day she forced him to go outside in the snow. That they they decided to become Sky Battlers. She suggested her cousin travel in Sinnoh while she went to another region, original a completely new region, but she got an invite from Prof. Oak and asked her to travel in Kanto. She received her Rowlet from her uncle before leaving for Kanto.

Goals/Interests/Dreams: Even though Kairi told her cousin that they should become Sky Battle Trainers, she felt something missing. Growing up with her cousin and seeing his determination to finish his parents' dream, she wanted to do something else. She read books all the time and dreamed to go into worlds that weren't real, she wanted to become an Author and Journalist. She wanted to travel around and record good and bad news to formulate ideas for stories and continue to travel, but not just Kalos, but all over the world. Even though she loved her mother, she just couldn't get into the girly stuff a lot of girls were into, and it drove her away from being a Performer.

Strengths: Because she enjoys studying how people react in situations, she can look at things as if she was another person. She is also very smart when it comes to pokemon and history. Studying stories and books as lead her to dive into books for hours.

Weaknesses: She can sometimes make things over complicated by thinking too far outside the box. Her curiosity has also nearly killed the cat when she wandered in the middle of the street to listen to people arguing that had nothing to do with her.

Quirks: When she is in a new place, she tries to take everything in and writes it down in her notebook that she always carries with her. Literally everything. She will write down every smell and color that she sees, and if she can, she will even write down what people are saying.

Starter Pokemon: Rowlet
Nickname: N/A
Moveset: Tackle, Peck, Razor Leaf, Astonish, Leafage, and Ominous Wind

Last edited:
Years
I'll have to ask for clarification; what do you mean by "another universe"? :o
Also, why did she say to become sky battlers if she really wanted to be an author/journalist?
I find the idea really interesting :)

Quick edit: I checked Shawn's rp. Is that what you mean by another universe?
Theoretically if the Sinnoh in that rp is set in the same time as us, it would work? I think.

dw, we're all rusty at this haha

Your idea is pretty cool in it's own right, and I feel like you may know Emily since she's also from Unova haha. There are some inconsistencies I saw, and I would just like you to explain why this is a thing I guess. :) Eric is supposed to be a good-looking youth, but when one would be raised by Pokemon, wouldn't he have that tarzan vibe? (then again Tarzan is pretty good looking), also, how did he know that Rocket grunts were the worst, had he encountered them before? I think Unova wouldn't have been updated with the other region's news as they were preoccupied with another evil organization: Plasma :')

On that note, it is now Thursday for me, and I'll be accepting people tomorrow (or the day after for the Americans aha). I also created a Discord server for everyone (both the ones interested in spectating/joining at a later date and the ones that would be accepted in the rp) to be able to talk much faster than an OOC thread (this doesn't mean that it'll be used less, the important bits will still be here). In that server, I plan on being slightly experimental -- though I will run it through everyone still because I'm not that sure of it myself rip--

For people who are interested to join a currently blank server, click here lmao:
https://discord.gg/GWbVYF

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I'll have to ask for clarification; what do you mean by "another universe"? :o
Also, why did she say to become sky battlers if she really wanted to be an author/journalist?
I find the idea really interesting :)

Quick edit: I checked Shawn's rp. Is that what you mean by another universe?
Theoretically if the Sinnoh in that rp is set in the same time as us, it would work? I think.
Hopefully I explain this well lol.

I mainly said 'another universe' so the two characters didn't cross over. However, after writing the SU, the easiest thing to do would just avoid 'on screen' contact. In other words, they won't speak to one another during the RPs. Maybe a reference here and there. This would help prevent the two RPs from crossing over so that my character didn't depend on each RP to continue.

Even for me, that was hard to explain in a way to make sense. I may just make some changes so that it takes that problem out completely. If I keep the idea of the two characters being related, I'll just avoid having them make contact so that there isn't any conflicting times or events.

As for the the Sky Battle Trainer/Journalist thing. I'd say that is probably just a conflict of goals/interests and what to truly reach for.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
B. Fields (Benjamin)

Name: Benjamin Fields

Appearance:
Benjamin is a young teenager who is most easily recognizable by his bright yellow hair and the (over)confident smile he wears almost all of the time to show the world he's ready to conquer it. Unfortunately for him, his 158 cm (5'2'') make him not quite as intimidating as he wished.
Having a fashion sense comparable to that of a brick, Benjamin is always seen wearing the top shirt and pants of the pile that his mother bought for him, making only an exception if the next one happens to be comfier. On his left wrist he wears a Pokétch that has obviously been tinkered with and a big backpack is being worn on his back to carry the essentials to survive. In his opinion that includes steelworking tools and pieces of scrap metal.

History:
Even though he grew up in the big city of Celadon, Benjamin has never been an outgoing kid. His father, an employee of the Silph Company, made him a small workplace that Benjamin thankfully used for his personal projects. His mother was a biologist and had pushed him to playing with Pokémon often enough, but Benjamin only found them dumb and boring.
Only years later, he discovered on the internet the existence of Pokémon that weren't your average cuddly house pet, but instead closer to living technology. The next weeks he'd spend as much time as he could to learn all about these specimens. Slowly a plan was forming in his mind, and a Pokémon would be perfect to reach his goals.

Goals/Interests/Dreams:
Benjamin's ultimate life goal is becoming a powerful trainer and being recognized as the ruler of the Kanto region. Heck, maybe he'd do a few other regions as well if he can find time for it. How, you wonder? It's easy, you have to start small. Gym Leaders easily gain fame and respect, Benjamin noticed. All he has to is to get into their circle and grow from there. Easy! After all, a Gym Leader is nothing more than a Pokémon Trainer who really likes one type of Pokémon. Step one is becoming an Electric or Steel type Gym Leader (he's not picky!), followed by being accepted to the Elite Four. He hasn't planned past that yet, but he's sure the rest of the path will fall into place by the time he's there.
Lt. Surge is seen as competition, a plan to get rid of him needs to be concocted if necessary.

In his spare time (when not directly or indirectly working on world domination), the teenage likes to tinker with various gadgets. His proudest creation is a laser gun he has made from scratch. Currently, it's only literally that: a laser pointer shaped as a gun. He's still working on the destructive power part that he has seen so often in the movies.

Strengths:
Benjamin is a techno wiz. If he comes across any digital device he doesn't know his way around yet, you bet that changes within a couple of minutes. He likes to tinker with technology himself and, with a nice creative mindset on top of his technique, has managed to craft some fun gadgets. His vast knowledge about technology expands to Pokémon, making him an expert on the Electric and Steel types.
The youngster is not easily afraid and is confident he can handle the world.

Weaknesses:
Overconfidence is Benjamin's first and foremost flaw, since he will soon find out he is definitely not ready to handle the world. But that's not his fault though, it's a combination of incompetence of others or simply bad luck (usually the former). In social situations, he's not doing much better. He's not a nervous wreck, far from it. Instead he's prone to talking a lot, rambling on and on and on... without noticing that perhaps not everyone thinks this kid is interesting at all. Shocking!
Remember that Benjamin is an Electric and Steel type expert? That's about it when it comes to Pokémon. He's never bothered to look into other Pokémon and thus has zero knowledge on how most Pokémon work. You know how even babies can tell a Spearow apart from a Pidgey. Yeah, Benjamin can't do that.
Lastly, Benjamin hates physical contact and will make up half-assed excuses to avoid it.

Quirks:
With 13 years of age and a Pokémon of his own, Benjamin is practically an adult and likes to be treated as such. And yes, that means he is to be called Mister Fields.
When he rambles about technology, not something unusual, it's possible that he doesn't know the exact word. But that doesn't stop him, he just makes up words himself! From the sound of it and the context, surely only an idiot wouldn't be able to make out what it means. And he wouldn't waste his valuable time talking to idiots anyway.

Pokémon

Name: Tesla
Species: Magnemite
Ability: Magnet Pull
Moves: Discharge, Flash Cannon, Zap Cannon, Lock-On, Thunder Wave, Light Screen

Strengths: Tesla is always full of energy and ready to help its trainer.
Weaknesses: Fire, Ground (!!), Fighting
Quirks: Tesla loves metal objects and gets easily attached to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Its finally friday
You know what that means ;))))

I'm outside and slightly drunk
Gimme like a few hours

In the meanwhile you can go ahead and join the discord bc its so lonely

Years
and here's a link you can actually use

https://discord.gg/EeCK5rd

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Gelius3

Certified Idiotic Potato
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
I maaaaaay be, or may not, be interesteeeed.~
But i haaaave one question in the first plaaaaace.~
Mind eeeeexplain, what you meant, in the followiiiing~
Wheeeere you said it was fine to catch a Pokemon as long as it's normally in a routeeeee?~

I'll stop faking my singing.

What i want to know is what you meant that Capture was fine as long as a certain Pokemon existed in that route? Did you mean you can only catch it if it's there in the Games? Or do you include other media like Manga and Anime and TCG (Yeah, sometimes it depicts areas) as well? And if it's in the games normally, which game? And does that mean i can't catch a Pokemon that doesn't exist in that route in the games?

Back