• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Behavior Byte 15 - Jump with Mach Bike?

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
Hi there, I'm playing around a bit with advance map, trying to create some cool dynamics to navigate, when I came across a water block set with a ledge, The Blocks are blocks 180 181 188,189,18A,190,192,198,199, and19A all have the behaviour 15 "Jump with Mach Bike, Splashing water".

Now one would assume with a behaviour type description like that, a player would be able to jump over such tiles using a Mach bike, clearing the water in a small stream to the other side, however, no matter how I seem to position the tiles, or set movement permissions for them, I don't seem to be able to allow my player to jump over them with the Mach bike.

Is there something I'm missing here? am I setting up the permissions wrong, or is the behaviour byte title misleading?

Last edited:

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
Years
A-Map's behavior bytes are not always named correctly or are even very descriptive. There are numerous errors in A-Map like this. The "underground flashes" weather is actually the sun weather from when Groudon is unleashed in Ruby, for example. I have never seen 15 do anything special other than allowing you to surf on that tile. A-Map is a very old tool and cannot really be updated because we don't have the source code, so we're stuck with it for now.

In Emerald, behavior byte 0xD0 is the byte for the slick ledges that you need to use the Mach Bike to get up. You may be able to do something special with that if you're dead set on allowing a tile to interact with the Mach Bike. Otherwise, you may want to code new effects and stick them in empty entries in the behavior byte table.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2019
A-Map's behavior bytes are not always named correctly or are even very descriptive. There are numerous errors in A-Map like this. The "underground flashes" weather is actually the sun weather from when Groudon is unleashed in Ruby, for example. I have never seen 15 do anything special other than allowing you to surf on that tile. A-Map is a very old tool and cannot really be updated because we don't have the source code, so we're stuck with it for now.

In Emerald, behavior byte 0xD0 is the byte for the slick ledges that you need to use the Mach Bike to get up. You may be able to do something special with that if you're dead set on allowing a tile to interact with the Mach Bike. Otherwise, you may want to code new effects and stick them in empty entries in the behavior byte table.

Thanks! all helpfull!

Back