• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen MissingNo. Stats

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
So. I've been looking at and around for information on MissingNo. and I cannot find out if the Japenese stats are the same as the English Red and Blue stats. I know the front pic is different but I have not seen anywhere the base stats for the Japanese one. I'd really like to know what they are if they aren't the same as the English Red and Blue. So if someone with a J Red/Green, J Blue, or J Yellow game and moderately O.K. hex skills please find out what they are......

Years
Hmm, that's a tad bit hard to answer. MissingNo can be found in Japanese Red/Green, but it cannot be found by the Cinnabar Coast. (I don't think any Pokemon spawn there at all.). I did research on MissingNo's stats, and I did find the stats of the different MissingNo formes. (The 2 fossils & Ghost.) They can be found by escaping a battle with Fly, and then using a wild Ditto to save specific special stat data to the memory. Unfortunately, I could not find the specific base stats of the formes since I don't own a Japanese ROM.

Stats of the Missingno
Kabutops Fossil Form (Level 7)
HP: 31
ATK: 20
DEF: 20
SPE: 19
SPD: 19

Aerodactyl Fossil Form (Level 7)
HP: 32
ATK: 21
DEF: 19

Ghost Form (Level 7)
ATK: 16
DEF: 15
SPE: 15
SPD: 18

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 14, 2023
Hmm, that's a tad bit hard to answer. MissingNo can be found in Japanese Red/Green, but it cannot be found by the Cinnabar Coast. (I don't think any Pokemon spawn there at all.). I did research on MissingNo's stats, and I did find the stats of the different MissingNo formes. (The 2 fossils & Ghost.) They can be found by escaping a battle with Fly, and then using a wild Ditto to save specific special stat data to the memory. Unfortunately, I could not find the specific base stats of the formes since I don't own a Japanese ROM.

Stats of the Missingno
Kabutops Fossil Form (Level 7)
ATK: 20
DEF: 20

Aerodactyl Fossil Form (Level 7)
HP: 32
ATK: 21
DEF: 19

Ghost Form (Level 7)
ATK: 16
DEF: 15
SPE: 15
SPD: 18

Hope this helps!

Yeah. I know the Japanese games had to have been from the long range trainer glitch except blue. and no. That does not help. If you read bulbapedia's page on missingno you would find that the ghost and fossil forms take the base stats of the last Pokemon in memory (or party). So unfortunately those stats don't really mean anything. I was hoping someone with R/G, B, or Y could go through it to find where missingno points to. If not the same place R/B and Y do. But thanks for the help at least.

Back