• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] 2017 - Elimination Round

Which hacks should progress? [ NOTE: CHOOSE UP TO 3 ]

• [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=298920"]Pokemon Adventure - Red Chapter[/URL]

Votes: 121 55.3%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=325422"]Pokemon Mega Power[/URL]

Votes: 69 31.5%
  • [URL="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=200227"]Pokémon Rose Version[/URL]

Votes: 46 21.0%
  • [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=387653"]Pokémon Orange[/URL]

Votes: 62 28.3%
  • [URL="https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=360725"]Pokémon FireRed: Rocket Edition[/URL]

Votes: 109 49.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • PC
  • Seen Jan 28, 2020

Hack of the Year 2017 - Elimination Round

Introduction

This is the second round of 2017's Hack of the Year competition. Here, you can vote for your favorite hacks to help them progress to the third, and final, round. This round is a straight-up voting poll to determine which three hacks will progress to the judging round. The poll has all five of the progressed hacks listed; you're allowed to vote for your three favorite hacks! The three hacks with the most votes this time at the end of the year will be progressing.

Eligible Hacks

Rules and Guidelines

• You may not vote based upon the author's reputation or track record; only the hack is being evaluated here
  • You are permitted to post in this thread to post what hacks you voted for, discussion is also allowed
  • Make sure you have played as many of the eligible hacks as possible before you vote
  • Voting lasts until Dec 31st 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 7, 2020
I'm honestly disappointed that Pokémon Mega Power is last place at the moment, the game had such an amazing storyline and features. But I'm not suprised Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter is in first. Both games were great while playing that's why I voted them.
altho i feel very bad about 1158 when he did so much effort for Mega Power :(

Blah

Free supporter
Years
I'm honestly disappointed that Pokémon Mega Power is last place at the moment, the game had such an amazing storyline and features. But I'm not suprised Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter is in first. Both games were great while playing that's why I voted them.
altho i feel very bad about 1158 when he did so much effort for Mega Power :(

Have you played the rest of the nominations? What do you think in terms of how they stack up to the other two you mentioned?

Arun kapil

Arceus
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 30, 2022
I played all of them , but pokemon adventure red has best story , gameplay , humours , Lot's of features and all the awesome things which can't be explained in words. So I voted that ROM hack because it is worthy for it

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 18, 2019
I voted for red adventure and fire red rocket edition...I really enjoy the theories of rocket red and some how team rocket was involved for everything includeing knociking someone gold teeth out and selling it to someone lol....and adventure red , esp the new update....that's the epitome of beuty....I didn't even think they could have great pictures up like that with reactions. and the humor was fantastic....I am sad that I am to immoral to go into that building though lol great content , great everything.

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
One more vote for Orange somebody lend Orange your vote

In all seriousness, Orange got a bunch of votes the first day but it pretty much died after that. Has anyone even tried it or do GBA hacks just blindly get votes?

I-Like-Shiny-Pichu

ClariS <3
Years
Oh hey cool, we're allowed to make alts and throwaway accounts to boost votes? Awesome.

In all seriousness voting is being recounted right mods? Seems like shenanigans are in play :/

Edit: To clarify, I'm not referring to a certain hack which is currently in first place, it's a well known hack and it's not unusual that it's winning. I'm referring to the large number of votes that are coming out of nowhere from accounts with no posts that joined in the last 24 hours. Little dodgy no?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
Oh hey cool, we're allowed to make alts and throwaway accounts to boost votes? Awesome.

In all seriousness voting is being recounted right mods? Seems like shenanigans are in play :/

Edit: To clarify, I'm not referring to a certain hack which is currently in first place, it's a well known hack and it's not unusual that it's winning. I'm referring to the large number of votes that are coming out of nowhere from accounts with no posts that joined in the last 24 hours. Little dodgy no?

That seems pretty likely

Tunak23

Blurson Of the Shore
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 26, 2024
I played Adventure Red and I have to admit it was quite enjoyable.Nice Concept,an adaption of the Pokémon manga with winks towards the anime.

And I would vote for it if not for my childhood dream come true of become a member of Team Rocket.My vote and support goes to FRRE keep the good job colonesalt!

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
There isn't much of a competition, even though 1158 (that is what he's called right) could be considered up there with destinedjagold, metapod23, and Wesley as some of the biggest contributors in history. Adventure Red wins by a mile, should have won years ago and is it's likely at least 50 times better than anything else that was nominated this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back