• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [HotM September] Pokémon Eruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

cspmoneymaker

no thats where i stopped, i couldnt get them to move out of the way
Don't care about them ! Go to the left side until you see the old man tell you to find his glasses for him,then go back and fight them.

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
Just came by here to say that your hack is awesome. It's quality of scripting is better than everything I have seen before.

Just one thing left: I am sorry that I have rick rolled you a year ago.
I really am sorry.

-Sonic~Boom-

☆彡
Years
This hack has certainly come a long way since you were hacking Gold. I remember that... XD

I really like your idea for the Catching Zone. I look forward to seeing how it works ;)

Once again, great job! :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2009
this sounds noob but, how to play a ips?,

sorry i was to noob to read the sticky fixed ;P

cadgod120

Your Rival
Years
this sounds noob but, how to play a ips?,

sorry i was to noob to read the sticky fixed ;P

You don't necessarily play an IPS. An IPS file is a patch. This is what changes Pokémon Firered to Pokémon Eruption. It's really easy to do.

First, download a program called Lunar IPS.
Next, download a clean ROM of the game.
Third, download the IPS patch.
Fourth, open Lunar IPS, click Apply New Patch. Then find where you saved the IPS file and open it. Now find your clean ROM and open that. Within a few seconds, a small window should show up, saying File Successfully Patched. Exit the program.
Finally, open the ROM in VBA, no$gba, or any kind of Game Boy emulator.

It works almost every time, unless you download a bad ROM file.

P.S Sorry if this was off topic.

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Wow, I won hack of the month! That's awesome! :D

You don't necessarily play an IPS. An IPS file is a patch. This is what changes Pokémon Firered to Pokémon Eruption. It's really easy to do.

First, download a program called Lunar IPS.
Next, download a clean ROM of the game.
Third, download the IPS patch.
Fourth, open Lunar IPS, click Apply New Patch. Then find where you saved the IPS file and open it. Now find your clean ROM and open that. Within a few seconds, a small window should show up, saying File Successfully Patched. Exit the program.
Finally, open the ROM in VBA, no$gba, or any kind of Game Boy emulator.

It works almost every time, unless you download a bad ROM file.

P.S Sorry if this was off topic.
Thanks, and it actually wasn't. I didnt feel like posting this Lol.

This hack has certainly come a long way since you were hacking Gold. I remember that... XD

I really like your idea for the Catching Zone. I look forward to seeing how it works ;)

Once again, great job! :D
Thanks a lot! I do indeed still remember when we were starting off, with poptartmonkey and IIMarkus.. Too bad those memories are just memories. Good old days lol

Just came by here to say that your hack is awesome. It's quality of scripting is better than everything I have seen before.

Just one thing left: I am sorry that I have rick rolled you a year ago.
I really am sorry.
Apology accepted but, I don't remember it, so it's cool.

New Updates; A map!

Just to update you guys, I tried my best at mapping a city in this style.. But here is my attempt. I won't be revealing the name either :P

2mdjtwy.jpg

So, yeah.. There are no scripts for this city yet, but I know what's going to happen here so I guess it won't be long before a real update.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Hey Cooley, good to see you're still working on this, it's coming along great!
I haven't been messing with roms much lately, but I did take the time to finish your latest release. Your scripting skills border on scary (your spelling... not so much;)).
Btw, about that map you just posted, it looks kind of empty in places... maybe you could stick a few ornamental trees or something in the streets?

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
Well, I tried.. Lol. I don't feel like posting the updated version, but it should stay a surprise because I don't want to spoil too much.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2014
I found a glitch. I found a pokeball on the ground. It says something about a rematch and a cellphone. And i cant find the old mans glasses.

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
when it should be finished..?
BTW very,very nice hack! I like the story! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back