• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did You ever Finish Mystery Dungeon?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
So I was just wondering if anyone here ever finished the original Mystery Dungeon games (Red/Blue rescue team, I had Red). I had tons of fun with them, but there was a point where I had no idea where to go or what to do (I guess you had to get to a certain level on a certain dungeon). This was before I realized I could find out what to do on the internet. I still haven't bothered trying to figure out what to do to this day.

Did any of you have the same problem?

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
no im stuck on the sky tower and got frustrated at the hail knocking down my health every step so i gave up. also i was expecting my pokemon to evolve but after getting to over level 40 i realised that wasn't going to happen.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 2, 2023
I've compleated the mysrery dungen blue and red i didn't completed yet at first i didnt know when to go it took me a long time to get through everything like a 1/2 year to defeate it

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
Yeah, I also never finished it. I had the exact same problem as you - I enjoyed it at first, but eventually got confused as to what I was supposed to do next... and it did get slightly repetitive. I do want to give some of the Mystery Dungeon series another try at some point, though!

Meaii

The countdown begins ...
Years
I finished Pokémon Mystery Dungeon : Explorers of Sky - I got so emotional when Grovyle sacrificed himself and returned to the future with Grovyle, and then your character dies ... :( But I suppose it does get better, because Dialga uses him time-warping powers and revives your character, but Grovyle never comes back. :c

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Yes, I've wholeheartedly completed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Red Rescue Team, as well as Explorers of Darkness. I used a Wonder Mail for Explorers of Sky, though. To get Rotom. But other than that I'm pretty happy with it, the first PMD game I played was Red Rescue Team and I still love it.

If you're stuck in a certain place, I could know what's behind the reason. My main frustration during the game was when I had to recruit Rayquaza. I got even Mew, but not Rayquaza, because no HM Fly. For this I'll need the Friend Area Dragon Cave, and this I've not gotten till date.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Ive only played red rescue team and I have not Finished it

kosuke

Extraterrestrial DNA
Years
Never finished it.

I was a Cubone at the Sky Tower with my companion, Cyndaquil, when suddenly, friggin' ghost type pokemon attacks me (i dont remember what pokemon was it). I defeated it but then i was like "Oh god, I've got low health". then another ghost type pokemon attacks and poof...mission failed. it happened many times already so i decided to begin again as a new pokemon, Psyduck, and until now never finished it.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
Years
I have Blue version, and it is the only PMD game I haven't finished yet. Though, I think I'm going to in the future, I'm pretty far.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
I finished (and absolutely loved) Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Sky. I played those games for hours and hours and loved every minute of it.

However, I haven't finished Gates to Infinity, and I doubt I ever will. The story seemed kind of boring to me and I'm at a dungeon where the enemies are a good 6 levels above me somehow, so I keep dying. Unless I choose to restart one day, I probably won't finish the game.

nundo

Quick! Dance like an eggplant!
Years
I recruited all the legendaries in the game I think, even Rayquaza where you first had to reach 50 floors to meet it. Also reached the lucario rank, thought there weren't many things left after it so I stopped playing it. I have to say that BRT was the best spinoff game of pokemon.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
In Pokemon MD: Blue Rescue, the farthest I got was after beating Rayquaza with Pikachu and Mudkip. After evolving Pikachu into Raichu and Medkip into Marshstomp, I got bored and restarted.

My goal is to finish both storylines (pre-game, post-game) of Pokemon Explorers of Sky which I am currently attempting to accomplish at this time. The farthest I've gotten in that game is after, again, beating the final boss and then getting bored.

Gates of Infinity I want to restart, but don't want to at the same time. I hate my Pikachu partner (You already get Emolga, who is extremly useful but I didn't know that!) and the only thing there is to do is build a music paradise with Meloetta. I plan on restarting the game someday with an Axew partner (or hero!) and beating the entire game again.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Never finished it.

I was a Cubone at the Sky Tower with my companion, Cyndaquil, when suddenly, friggin' ghost type pokemon attacks me (i dont remember what pokemon was it). I defeated it but then i was like "Oh god, I've got low health". then another ghost type pokemon attacks and poof...mission failed. it happened many times already so i decided to begin again as a new pokemon, Psyduck, and until now never finished it.
This kept happening to me - hated it haha. I did manage to power through and finish the game though, mostly thanks to truck loads of healing items haha. I completed the Blue Mystery Dungeon game but other than that I've not completed any. I've tried the Explorers of Time game (I think? It was one of those ones haha) but didn't end up getting too far. It just wasn't as gripping as the previous games so I didn't have much desire to finish it haha.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
No I haven't finished that Mystery Dungeon. However I did finish Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness! I recommend that game if you want an amazing plot, a great post game, and a very emotional climax. It's the most epic spinoff game ever.

Years
I have beat Mystery Dungeon before.. Explorers of Sky and Gates to Infinity are the ones I finished. The older ones on the DS are way more challenging, and more fun. Gates to Infinity is just too easy.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Funny i found this thread, i actualy just beat red rescue last week for i think the third time, never fails to make me cry XD

But i have had problems with the other games, exsplorors of darkness took me about a half a year to beat completely and i just got around to finishing gates to infinity. Also, i hate to say it but gates was somewhat of a let down to me... just a tad two easy and predictable for my standards (alas, it still made me cry though)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I've completed Blue and Time multiple times, and am closing to beating Infinite Labyrinth. This includes the afterstories of both games.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I don't think so... I've gotten as far as being able to evolve myself and my team members as well as being able to recruit Palkia, even unlocking unlockable levels such as Happy Outlook, but never did finish it.

Back