• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: First Open World Pokemon - The Clay's Calamity Trilogy - CC3 Updated! Almost out of BETA! TESTERS NEEDED!

Open world concept. What do you think?

• Yes! Pokemon needs this!

Votes: 165 67.6%
  • Open world is neet.

Votes: 63 25.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 10 4.1%
  • No way!

Votes: 6 2.5%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 21, 2018
The second patch download link is broken for me.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
I just watched a complete play through of clays calamity II on youtube, and I must say, for everyone who has played it, I am sorry for all the bugs. Goodness gracious, was it freaking hilarious to watch this guy run through all the bugs, but man, I felt bad that it wasnt more polished.

Just so everyone knows...

I plan on making Clays Calamity III a polished product. I have already pumped more time into it than I did both CC1 and CC2 combined.

Work is still being done on it. I will be giving updates as they arise.

Currently all the wild pokemon have been added (including all gen1-gen3 pokemon available in kanto), evolution added and the open world completed.

I am working on the gym leaders and trainers. This time around I plan on having an actual level curve and improving trainers AI and pokemon (hopefully adding in a full party for each trainer).

If there is anything else you all would like to see please let me know and I'll try to include it.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 17, 2023
I just watched a complete play through of clays calamity II on youtube, and I must say, for everyone who has played it, I am sorry for all the bugs. Goodness gracious, was it freaking hilarious to watch this guy run through all the bugs, but man, I felt bad that it wasnt more polished.

Hey man, it was actually quite fun to play through. All the bugs made it quite the unique experience, and never was I really upset about them; they made the game more charming, since there was nothing game breaking. Then again, I enjoy games like Goat Simulator and Sonic 06, so I'm probably not one to speak, lol.

As I mentioned on YouTube, I'll definitely be giving Clay's Calamity III a try when it's out, and feel free to hit me up if you want a beta tester or some help/advice.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
I'll definitely be giving Clay's Calamity III a try when it's out, and feel free to hit me up if you want a beta tester or some help/advice.

Thanks! I sure will. I am glad you enjoyed the second one. I am almost to the point of testing. I have a few bugs to fix that just now came up but I'll let you know as soon as its available for testing.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
To everyone anyone interested, Clays Calamity III has progressed to the point of beta testing. I believe all the game breaking bugs have been worked out.

Download it, give it a shot. If there is anything needs to be fixed please let me know.

There currently are no hidden trainers (like Clay in CC2) but there are LOTS of secrets inside of Kanto.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Thanks for the feed back guys. I have fixed a few bugs from my update earlier today.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Game has just been updated. Some bugs have been fixed. If anyone finds any more please let me know.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Hi! I'm now playing CC3 after having completed CC2. I thought CC2 was pretty cool, especially being able to find many master balls and rare candies. Beating the gym leaders was a different strategy than most games, having to find pokemon somewhere that equal their level. CC3 is unique as well. However, there is an item ball in the Safari zone that sometimes freezes the game when I click on it, and I have to load my most recent save. One time I got a master ball from it, another time a camera icon showed up in the upper right of the screen. Another time, I got a bunch of indecipherable foreign letters or something. And other times it freezes the game. What a weird ball! And what is up with Saffron City? It looks like it was hit by a bomb or an earthquake, and I can't use fly from there. I can't enter the gym to get the sixth gym badge, and I can't use rock smash without it. I have gotten all the other gym badges. Am I missing something? Anyway, thanks for your creation!

I just discovered that, when I get through victory road (which I can do even without the badge from Saffron City), when I talk to Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Center, the game freezes. Just FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Hi! I'm now playing CC3 after having completed CC2. I thought CC2 was pretty cool, especially being able to find many master balls and rare candies. Beating the gym leaders was a different strategy than most games, having to find pokemon somewhere that equal their level. CC3 is unique as well. However, there is an item ball in the Safari zone that sometimes freezes the game when I click on it, and I have to load my most recent save. One time I got a master ball from it, another time a camera icon showed up in the upper right of the screen. Another time, I got a bunch of indecipherable foreign letters or something. And other times it freezes the game. What a weird ball! And what is up with Saffron City? It looks like it was hit by a bomb or an earthquake, and I can't use fly from there. I can't enter the gym to get the sixth gym badge, and I can't use rock smash without it. I have gotten all the other gym badges. Am I missing something? Anyway, thanks for your creation!

I just discovered that, when I get through victory road (which I can do even without the badge from Saffron City), when I talk to Nurse Joy at the Indigo Plateau Pokemon Center, the game freezes. Just FYI.

I'm glad you are enjoying the games!

Thank you for that info, I will look into those glitches.

The city was destroyed after CC2 (final battle with Clay) and the citizens moved to Lavender town. In Lavender town there are now two gyms, silphco and the rest of the NPC's from Saffron.

Years
  • Age 74
  • Seen Mar 23, 2022
Thanks for your reply, frabulator. Yep, I was missing something. Somehow, I missed the Gym and Dojo in Lavender town. I guess I wasn't expecting anything to be there since there is no gym there in other games. I got the sixth badge. Now to continue...

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Thanks for your reply, frabulator. Yep, I was missing something. Somehow, I missed the Gym and Dojo in Lavender town. I guess I wasn't expecting anything to be there since there is no gym there in other games. I got the sixth badge. Now to continue...

I have removed the glitched ball in the safari zone and fixed joy at the league. Wow, she got really bugged up somehow lol!

I wanted to ask, did you by chance try your hand at the trading game ;)?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2022
Currently playing through the first game and I absolutely love the concept! Firered is one of my favorite games and even little tweaks just makes the experience new again.

One thing- I reached the Elite 4 and I'm being told that I can't enter. I didn't think I skipped any areas in the game so I'm not sure where to go from here :/ Edit: I'm an idiot, I figured it out asjkldfdjsf

Last edited:
Years
Playing CC3 and im loving it however ive noticed a problem with the gentleman trainer just to the right of the healing cabin on the Anne. His arcanine was up against my larvitar and he only used struggle. Maybe you forgot to code a moveset?

I also was curious if you ever considered in having the player fight each gym leader in what ever order? (not for just CC3 but in general) It sounds like it could add to the open world gameplay even more. Anyway im enjoying CC3 and im looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the future

Last edited:

Haru

Wolf Simp
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 21, 2023
You know theres already an open world pokemon rom hack?

So this isnt the first.

Years
  • Age 105
  • Seen Oct 8, 2022
Playing CC3 and im loving it however ive noticed a problem with the gentleman trainer just to the right of the healing cabin on the Anne. His arcanine was up against my larvitar and he only used struggle. Maybe you forgot to code a moveset?

I also was curious if you ever considered in having the player fight each gym leader in what ever order? (not for just CC3 but in general) It sounds like it could add to the open world gameplay even more. Anyway im enjoying CC3 and im looking forward to seeing what you have planned for the future

I will look into that trainer. Thank you!

I am currently working on another open world FR hack which will allow for the trainer to face gym leaders in any order and the levels are adjusted based on the current count of gym badges. But thats a little far out, and I havent decided if it will be part of the CC series.

Tell me what you think, add to the CC or make it a new story?

Years
I will look into that trainer. Thank you!

I am currently working on another open world FR hack which will allow for the trainer to face gym leaders in any order and the levels are adjusted based on the current count of gym badges. But thats a little far out, and I havent decided if it will be part of the CC series.

Tell me what you think, add to the CC or make it a new story?

I am so sorry for the dated reply, Ive been caught up on alot of stuff aswell as being forgetful.
I think making a new story could be very interesting, having a single long running title could get stale eventually. Either way im looking forward for your next release.

Back