• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you ever repeat a type in your teams?

Years
Just double-checked my Alpha Sapphire as it was already in my 3DS, and in my main team I had up to 3 types repeated, if you include mega evolutions (Sigilyph/Gardevoir for Psychic, Gardevoir/Mega Altaria for Fairy, Altaria/Mega Sceptile for Dragon).

It's not uncommon for me to double up on certain typings, especially if they're Pokemon I like using. I might be more concerned about type coverage if I was playing competitively, but usually you can get away with it if you're just playing against the in-game AI.

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Most of the time, I do. I remember having a Combusken and a Numel on my team when I was playing through Pok?mon Ruby back in January. I also had a Gyarados and Salamence when I battled the Elite 4 on Pok?mon Emerald, with both of them being part-Flying type.

Years
I try not to have too many repeats if it's my first playthrough since I want to enjoy the game with various types....but for postgame or any subsequent playthroughs, it's a total non-issue. I either do monotype runs in a new file or train up my favorites despite if their types are similar. ?

GlitchWarrior

A Rookie with Heart
Years
I am always reluctant to include two pokemon of the same type in one team. In fact, my original Leaf Green team ended up as Venusaur, Hitmonchan, Pidgeot, Lapras, Magmar, and Magneton (soon to evolve in generation four). That said, I do occasionally repeat types, but I still try not to in the long run. My last Kanto team had both Charizard and Zapdos, for example.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
Usually Water types in the Hoenn games. Otherwise, I try not to but if I just have to have a certain Pokemon, I might repeat a type.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Yes, a lot. I'm considering using a rule to have at least 1 case of repeated types on my team in future nuzruns, because it is fun and adds to the challenge very well.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I've repeated fairy types on a few new gen teams xD

I plan on using more than one fighting type on my emulated ruby team. Hopefully my shroomish will evolve soon when I get to playing it again!

Back