• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
So far, only change I don't like is their new anime art style. ): Personally, I really liked how the anime looked and felt through generations one to three. If they could revert it back to that point some time in the future, that would be great.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
No no no no D:
The modern art style is millions of times better. Transparency, shading, and textures exist in the anime world now :P

Also the TCG's modern art is millions of times better imo. The current EX and FA artworks blow away the ex artworks from the Ruby and a Sapphire days and the LV. X artworks from Diamond and Pearl. The 5ban Graphics cards are also neat because they look sort of realistic but their style is definitely unique compared to the other TCG artists.

Years
I'm going to have to agree with Wobbu here. I was watching a couple of the first season episodes of the anime earlier today, and the animation just didn't hold up as well as I remembered it. Everything else was pretty solid, but the whole style seemed a little dull and washed out.

As for the TCG, some of the earlier cards were nothing more than a Pokemon's official art on a colored background. Now, we get things like the full art cards, and even the LEGEND cards from the HG/SS era of the TCG.

Years
The TCG art is what drew me in. I love looking at the pictures, especially the ones that look like claymation, and the crayon/doodle ones

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
TCG artwork is dynamic, what you may want to see in everyday Pokémon pics. They actually add effects and action to it, which is a break from the static-ish Pokémon sprites and models. If I were someone in Nintendo, I'll start popularizing Pokémon tattoos based off TCG artwork.

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
I've only ever seen a pokemon tattoo once. This guy had a charmander on his shin. Really well done too. I want a ring of pony pokemon sprites around my ankle, honestly...but moneys >(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
At my senior high school year, this girl in English class had a Beautifly tattooed to her right arm. Asked her about it, and said that she loves this Pokémon and, well, doesn't really worry about anything, because... she just doesn't care about being judged by people in general. xD;; Aside from her, I haven't seen anyone else.

Years
There's no denying that this is the greatest Pokemon tattoo of all time.

As for myself, I've never seen anyone with a Pokemon tattoo, but I've got to commend those that get them, and don't mind showing their loyalty on their sleeves (sometimes literally!). I personally have no plans on getting any tattoos myself, but if my mind ever changes, something Pokemon related wouldn't be totally out of the question.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
There's no denying that this is the greatest Pokemon tattoo of all time.

As for myself, I've never seen anyone with a Pokemon tattoo, but I've got to commend those that get them, and don't mind showing their loyalty on their sleeves (sometimes literally!). I personally have no plans on getting any tattoos myself, but if my mind ever changes, something Pokemon related wouldn't be totally out of the question.

You've got that right.

Me neither actually. Tattoos aren't exactly in fashion lol
But I do have this Charizard sticker stuck up next to my PC. I don't plan to remove it either, maybe one day I can add more.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I've been wanting to get a tattoo on my back. A streak of birds, because beautiful... Maybe I could design them to look like Taillow? :) That would be rather amazingawesome actually. Well, not in color, but blue or black with Taillow shape or eyes on at least one of them so that you'll spot that it's pokémon if you look closely and know the species, hehe.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'm not really a fan of tattoos (I don't even like using stickers because I'm worried I'll regret where I stuck them) but if there's any part of me that wants to get a tattoo, that part of me wants a Cherrim. The only thing that would make me consider it more than in passing would be the idea of being the only/first person in the world to get a Cherrim tattoo'd on me, since that Pokémon (evidently) means a lot to me, for a lot of different reasons. However, someone out there already has a Cherrim tattoo'd on them so I missed my chance to be Number One so I doubt I'll ever bother being Number Two. :P

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I don't know, but a tattoo based solely on Pokemon is... pretty hardcore.

For a Pokémon fan, you mean. You could become the object of amusement if you reveal a Pokémon tattoo to... select audiences, let's just say. That's the main reason I wouldn't put a tattoo.

Cherrim

Years
Most people get a heavily stylized version of the Pokémon, so it looks more like a unique animal design (think tribal tattoos). If I were ever going to get a tattoo, it would be really small and in an unnoticeable place like my ankle, so the fact that it was Pokémon wouldn't be outright noticed unless I were specifically showing them the tattoo. :P

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
If I were ever going to get a tattoo, it would be really small and in an unnoticeable place like my ankle, so the fact that it was Pokémon wouldn't be outright noticed unless I were specifically showing them the tattoo. :P

That's how I'd do it, too. Not many people take Pokemon seriously where I live anymore (how's that even possible?), so I'd keep it concealed, until someone wanted to see.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Stylized ones do sound pretty cool, though. When people get themselves Pokémon tattoos, they're usually based off Sugimori artwork and not anything original; as fans, they just don't have much of an effect on us, since we're already familiar with them. :( Would've been great if that weren't the case, haha.

Cherrim

Years
I don't think I know anyone in real life with a Pokémon tattoo but most of the ones I see being shown off are either the stylized designs or based on artwork that the person themselves made of their team or something. So they almost always look really interesting.

Years
I'd get a Shellder on my butt
I saw someone at the tattoo shop that I go to have a pokeball on his elbow, but no designated Pokémon near it. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it either =/

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I'd get a Shellder on my butt
I saw someone at the tattoo shop that I go to have a pokeball on his elbow, but no designated Pokémon near it. I didn't get a chance to ask him about it either =/

Perhaps he loves Pokémon, but did not want to just put up his favourite? Or he likes all of them in general, maybe. But I think putting up Pokémon tattoos of your favourite Pokémon is the most obvious thing to do.

Years
I don't tthink I would get a Pokémon tattoo due to the sheer scrutiny that some people would give :/ also I can't decide where I would get another one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back