• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2012
I am using desmume 0.9.8 for Heart Gold. In one rom, the game freezes in bellsprout tower when I face a monk on the last level. The pokeballs keep spinning and the music plays.
In a different rom, after I beat bellsprout tower and exit to Violet City, most areas are blacked out. When I load my save, the game will freeze after exiting the tower. Are there any patches that could fix these problems? Also, I save with save states instead of in-game, if that helps, and is this an anti-piracy issue?

droomph

weeb
Years
I am using desmume 0.9.8 for Heart Gold. In one rom, the game freezes in bellsprout tower when I face a monk on the last level. The pokeballs keep spinning and the music plays.
In a different rom, after I beat bellsprout tower and exit to Violet City, most areas are blacked out. When I load my save, the game will freeze after exiting the tower. Are there any patches that could fix these problems? Also, I save with save states instead of in-game, if that helps, and is this an anti-piracy issue?
The only measures of anti-piracy in HGSS other than the standard Nintendo business is renaming the folders. So it seems like desmume is acting up again. There's no real fix for that other than starting over and hoping for the best, or using No$GBA if you're on Windows. HGSS seems to act up quite a bit on Desmume for some reason.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2012
EZ-Flash 3-1 SRAM save Migration? (FireRed- Diamond))

I have an EZ-Flash 3-1 and I have pokemon firered on it. I have been reading about migrating pokemon from EZ-Flash and it seems that I need to have it saved in NOR. I wanted to migrate my pokemon from it to Diamond Version.

Is there anyway for me to migrate my pokemon?

Do I need it in NOR?

Can I change my save from SRAM to NOR?

Can I switch to my saves from my DSTWO and migrate from them also?

Years
A Little Help Finding Moemon

First post is a newb question, yay...
Anyways. I am looking to import all of my favorite moemon into my favorite pokemon hacks and roms. I have the indexing and inserting all down, but I would like to know if anyone knows of any hacks with moemon that are different from the popular LG hack and Emerald? (I know there's a fire red, but it has the same or not as good imo moemon to what I already have)

Obviously you don't have to link me to the rom or hack. I know how to use google. I see these pictures with moemon I'd like, but I can't seem to find them- and I have looked. An example would be:

[since it won't let me use URLs yet] the first image that comes up when you search 'moemon sprites' in google images. Links to a deviantArt of a person named mewzard. Should have a yellow-y/tan background.

There are many in that image that I already have, but like the Vulpix/Ninetails, The three other Dragonites, and slowpoke/slowbro/slowking I cannot find roms or hacks or sprite sets of them. I know how to get them out of the rom and whotnot.
If anyone can find me the name or a hint of moemon that are really cool, I'll be forever greatful. And I am looking for the backs and shiny versions obviously, since I'm going to put them into the games myself. A hack name or zip file or individuals of the sprites or something would be really appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Willow~

PS
The guy who posted the moemon sprites on dA just FOUND that image. he doesn't have the sprites other than this imageset. I looked through it.

I saw somewhere that you are able to put an emulator on a PSP. Is this true? And if you can does anyone know how? I have an old PSP that I do not use and if I could get my emulator onto it, it would make me an extremely happy person. I have been playing my Pokemon Crystal on my GBC and a version of Silver on my VBA Emulator with an Xbox 360 controller. If I could get it on my PSP though that would be awesome!

Any feedback would help, and if this is in the wrong section can a mod put it into the right section?

Thanks!
-Jon
First off, you need to hack the PSP, which can be risky if you're not comfortable- don't brick the thing.
I can't give you all the details on that, though I've done it myself. It's something you'll have to devote like an hour of your life looking through google to figure out. OH and don't hack a 3000 or 3001 PSP. Harder to hack, easier to brick. It's best if you have the oldest or 2000 psp.

And for the GBA emulator, yes. there is one. A few, if I remember right. Just google 'psp gameboy emulator'. Easy find :). Then just look up a tutorial on how to put it into the game, if it doesn't work by loading it on the stick, and you'll be good to go ^^.

(Google is my best friend, in case you didn't notice xD)

How do I run the pokemon sienna Hack? Do I need to use a certain emulator or patch it or some thing?
If you use VBA, and you have the patch, you can usually just rename BOTH of the files to something that's EXACTLY the same.
Like say you have this sienna in your ROMs folder or something. Put the .gba file with it and name both something like 'Pokemon Sienna'. Leave the '.ips' and .gba parts as they are. If you run the .gba file on VBA, it should work. If not, just find an ips patching program (easy google fix, or even this forum. They have great tools here, which can be found in the search above the forums with a button that says 'Search This Forum') and patch the ips file to the gba file.

Hope that helps :3

What are the diffrences between roms for hacking purposes? Diffrent people seem to keep saying diffrent ones are better which leads me to believe it's down to the type of hack and personal choice. This is confusing me a bit, but I'm sure once I get the facts I'll figure it out.

Thanks1

It IS personal choice. All (or at least 90%) can be hacked with the same tools as the others.
I use unLZ-GBA to rip sprites, and the Advance Pokemon editors to input sprites (can't get it to work right for me on unLZ, and the Advance Pokemon SPrite Editor is much simpler, since it's JUST a pokemon sprite replacer, basically). Otherwise, I haven't dove too deep into hacking just yet. I picked it up just this monday, but from what I've done so far, those two things are great for sprite replacement :D
Just to note, if you're using unLZ to hack the actual pokemon sprites, in each game they begin at different places. There is a 'Goto' box, right? That takes you to the area in the rom where whatever is stored in the number is. Like in LG, it starts at 668 or 669 and goes on for the actual pokemon front and back sprites. (if you ARE ripping sprites at all, don't forget the shinys, which are found when you click to the pokemon you want and click next pallet for the shiny version, which ALSO needs to be saved. FOr some reason it goes straight to the shiny version when you click next and get to the backsprite- what you see when you battle. To get to the normal coloring, just click previous pal)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2012
When I try to open my hacked version of FR, it says 'Unsupported ARM mode00'. How can I fix this? I really want to know if my hack was a succes.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2012
I need help using wine bottler to run pokemon hacking tools

Ok whenever I try to wrap pokemon hacking tools to work for mac with winebottler (usually .exe) I get the same error "find log file" I am unsure what to do about this I am hoping other mac users have experienced a similar problem and can help me out.

Years
VBA-SDL-H Problem

I've tried both VBA-SDL, VBA-SDL-H, and JPAN's VBA-SDL-H2, but all of these have the same problem.

Upon entering Debugging mode, everything works fine until I return to the ROM, where the screen fades white, doesn't respond and essentially crashes, meaning I can't really do anything.

Does anyone know a fix, an alternative, or something to get around this..?

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Pokemon Flora Sky Help

Hello everyone,

Ive been stuck on a technical problem with Pokemon Flora Sky for a couple days and hoping someone can help me out. I currently have my game saved right before I challenge Cynthia. Everytime I challenge her and win, the game goes through its normal your the champion log your Pokemon thing fine, and it shows the credits and all that, but when the game returns to the initial screen where you select "continue" to keep playing, I get a prompt saying my save has been deleted because of data corruption. How do I correct or get around this? I cant continue with the game until I can jump this hurdle. Help?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hello everyone,

Ive been stuck on a technical problem with Pokemon Flora Sky for a couple days and hoping someone can help me out. I currently have my game saved right before I challenge Cynthia. Everytime I challenge her and win, the game goes through its normal your the champion log your Pokemon thing fine, and it shows the credits and all that, but when the game returns to the initial screen where you select "continue" to keep playing, I get a prompt saying my save has been deleted because of data corruption. How do I correct or get around this? I cant continue with the game until I can jump this hurdle. Help?
Reptach the ROM and if it does not work, you would need to start anew because your save is corrupted from the moment you start playing.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012

Reptach the ROM and if it does not work, you would need to start anew because your save is corrupted from the moment you start playing.

How do I go about re-patching the ROM? Never done that before. Also, how does one avoid corrupting saves in the first place? Was it something I did, or a file error outside my control?
I would like to thank you btw, your the same guy whose suggestions helped me get Light Platinum to work, and now your giving me a hand with Flora Sky. I hope your getting paid to do this, because your doing a phenomenal job. I really appreciate it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
How do I go about re-patching the ROM? Never done that before. Also, how does one avoid corrupting saves in the first place? Was it something I did, or a file error outside my control?
I would like to thank you btw, your the same guy whose suggestions helped me get Light Platinum to work, and now your giving me a hand with Flora Sky. I hope your getting paid to do this, because your doing a phenomenal job. I really appreciate it.
Repatching means that you patch new ROM and use the save stat from the old one =) (Just have the same name it's all you need).
If it does not work then it means that your save is unfortunately corrupted...
To avoid corruption, it's best to try saving in the game. If it works, you should have no problems ;)

And... no, I'm no paid for this :D

xxashxx

Gotta Catch Em All
Years
On my snes9x emulator how do I use the double cheat codes for Super Metroid? Meaning the ones with a plus (+) sign in the middle of both cheats?

For example: The code for 700 energy Tanks has 2 cheats. Enter cheat code here+ enter cheat code here. When I enter the first code and try to add the plus sign the bar for the code ends and I can't add any more numbers or letters etc. I tried doing the code separate but it erased my file completely. Hope you guys can help. Thanks XD.:)

Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2019
Hey guys! Im new here. I wanted to know if anyone knows where I can get a rom for pokemon crystal that allows me to change the time and day at will. I have heard there are some out there but I couldnt find one. I was hoping someone here knows where I could find one. Sorry if there is one here and I just didnt find it in the forums. Remember Im new. All help is appreciated.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Quick question, when I open Overworld Editor and try to load my fire red rom it says "Error loading INI settings for this game." What does that mean and how can I fix it?

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2017
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can someone tell me what ds emulator is good for playing heart gold? I got no$gba, but it keeps freezing after the character shrinks down and the game officially starts.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can someone tell me what ds emulator is good for playing heart gold? I got no$gba, but it keeps freezing after the character shrinks down and the game officially starts.

You need cheat codes for the Black Screen Fix just search it off google...

But if you want something that doesnt freeze try using desmume... :)

Back