• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

League of Legends

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
I feel a bit bad for Tyler1 honestly. From what I've heard about him, he was really toxic but before he was banned he was apparently genuinely trying to play the game properly, but his fame had surpassed him and his teammates trolled him just because he was "the Tyler1". And yeah, tanky damage dealers are the worst kind of enemies to deal with.

I think matchmaking has become a little buggy lately. I'm in bronze elo (I don't play Ranked, but if I did, I wouldn't say I'm much better than low silver), but I keep getting random matches with gold players, all the way from low to high gold. It's frustrating because the games become really one sided (I was in a team with a bronze 4 Fizz against a gold 2 Zed; guess who won? [sarcasm]).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
I feel a bit bad for Tyler1 honestly. From what I've heard about him, he was really toxic but before he was banned he was apparently genuinely trying to play the game properly, but his fame had surpassed him and his teammates trolled him just because he was "the Tyler1". ).

They can ban Tyler1 because his fame and infamy has become something of an infamous legend in the league community, and his influence is genuine, but they Graves can't have his cigar on his splashart.

God damnit Riot. They try too hard too keep this game PG.

On other news, latest patch is a small patch because many of the big changes coming soon are reserved for a bigger patch soon, and boy oh boy the League sub reddits are all salty as feck.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
They try too hard to balance the game too. They either miss the mark or make champions reach the brink of unviable.

Goddammit another Ahri skin is going to be released soon. The changing colour scheme of her tails is a pretty sweet feature though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
They try too hard to balance the game too. They either miss the mark or make champions reach the brink of unviable.

Goddammit another Ahri skin is going to be released soon. The changing colour scheme of her tails is a pretty sweet feature though.

All the really crappy balancing I've seen so far has been around the overloaded, high skillcap champions (cough kalista azir cough). Sadly, to me they have so much in their kits that there's a hard time finding what exactly the problem is, so they end up killing them off thinking they'd be in line or something. Wondering what they'll do to Yasuo, since they're thinking of targeting his tanky build.

As for the new skins...as an Ezreal main, I really want Arcade Ezreal. Like right now. Gonna search for my wallet, brb.

Years
Honestly I have just stopped playing Yasuo. Damage build, bruiser build, full tank build. No matter what I just don't feel like I have an impact on the game, compared to just picking Veigar or Annie and having way more impact for way less effort.

Idk why Yasuo is even getting nerfed. Can't Riot just see that TF is busted right now? Hecarim, Irelia, Yasuo, Fizz, Ekko. All of them build Triforce into tank and are the strongest champions in the game right now (or at least supposedly, tank Yas and Fizz are seriously overrated). There is also GP but at least he gets damage items after TF so you can punish him somewhat.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
WHy Yasuo is getting nrefed for the nth time? because Riot themselves are a bunch of punk ass scrubs who are bad at their own game but can't get flamed because obviously they are Rioters. I just had a friend in NA who got qued with a Rioter in-game and while they could have won, their Rioter was caught out of position (Top lane cass don't ask) in a very crucial teamfight and basically lost straight up.

GJ Riot. Way to go. That's one way of fcukin encouraging more people to switch to Dotes because at least Icefrog isn't some SJW Piece of dunkey d**k.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
All the really crappy balancing I've seen so far has been around the overloaded, high skillcap champions (cough kalista azir cough). Sadly, to me they have so much in their kits that there's a hard time finding what exactly the problem is, so they end up killing them off thinking they'd be in line or something. Wondering what they'll do to Yasuo, since they're thinking of targeting his tanky build.

As for the new skins...as an Ezreal main, I really want Arcade Ezreal. Like right now. Gonna search for my wallet, brb.

Funnily enough, I think they should actually disable tank items for assassins. Imagine if champions who aren't supposed to build certain items can't build them. It'd certainly make balancing, both champions and items, a lot easier.

Years
Funnily enough, I think they should actually disable tank items for assassins. Imagine if champions who aren't supposed to build certain items can't build them. It'd certainly make balancing, both champions and items, a lot easier.

The reasons assassins build tanky in the first place is because there is no reason to build raw damage items and be squishy when you could just buy tank items that give you damage. Iceborn, Sunfire, Sterak, Deadmans, Titanic, Frozen Maltte, etc. Tank items are both an entire 1k gold cheaper than damage items, and also more gold efficient most of the time.

Fizz and Ekko just abuse this to the max with % health damage, and Ekko with his ultimate too. And even tanks who have % damage are obnoxious AF. And it's not even a assassin only issue. Even if you prevented assassins from building tank, you will still have stuff like Irelia, Hecarim, Illaoi, etc.

I don't really understand what the point of making so many "Juggernaut" items were. Did Riot really not think letting people have damage despite being really tanky was a bad idea?

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
Years
The reasons assassins build tanky in the first place is because there is no reason to build raw damage items and be squishy when you could just buy tank items that give you damage. Iceborn, Sunfire, Sterak, Deadmans, Titanic, Frozen Maltte, etc. Tank items are both an entire 1k gold cheaper than damage items, and also more gold efficient most of the time.

Fizz and Ekko just abuse this to the max with % health damage, and Ekko with his ultimate too. And even tanks who have % damage are obnoxious AF. And it's not even a assassin only issue. Even if you prevented assassins from building tank, you will still have stuff like Irelia, Hecarim, Illaoi, etc.

I don't really understand what the point of making so many "Juggernaut" items were. Did Riot really not think letting people have damage despite being really tanky was a bad idea?

Unfortunately, you make a completely valid point. At least a traditional assassin or mage can be focused even when ahead, but how in the seven worlds are you going to stop a Darius who can tear through every AND become extremely tanky (before you even consider his heal).

I can't wait until the Assassin and Diver updates roll out. I'm hoping that changes to these champions, as well as their respective items, will balance things out a bit more and hopefully mean that every role is able to do ONLY what their role requires of them.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
I'm just contented right now that my friends can no longer poke fun at me for having a Level 5 mastery on Sona. ;3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Limiting item choices because of castyped roles (like disabing tank items on assassins) is a little too silly for me. Its one of the reasons why i left Smite when i realized that you can't build AD items on Fraya when they did something like that in order to prevent troll item building.

That's too much to ask for.

Years
Meh I'm pretty much done with League. Games nowdays feel like they are decided by who has that 1 ******* idiot on your team that feds, refuses to group and constantly fights 1v5, and not by which team genuinely plays better. Then there is tank itemization, RNG dragons, constantly being matched against 3+ premades as a solo, etc, that pretty much completely pisses me off.

Time to find a new game to play for me.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Triggered.

I love how League pretty much just brings negativity in any hub like your typical day on the /r league of legends subreddit.

Then i got probably the best thing i could ask for and just dickslapped several kids and scrubs in every game i got on, especially with some of that good ole' Mordekaiser action.

Ask PPC (Peepi Coming S.) about it. He was on the receiving end of a little Mordekaiser top action and was totally pissed throughout the game because of it. >: D

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 4, 2017
Triggered. .

Ask PPC (Peepi Coming S.) about it. He was on the receiving end of a little Mordekaiser top action and was totally pissed throughout the game because of it. >: D

They should make a rule that you can't directly address other members in a way that you do that fella. Come on.. I didn't think Mordekaiser was that strong till I realized you fckin Maxed W first.

Then again, reading on PBE notes and developer comments is making me nauseous that i would rather listen to Xin flaming me for the next 20 hours than read through all the BS crap that Riot says whenever they make changes and reworks.

NO FUN ALLOWED!

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
@PPC

Try out the Morde top for once in your short lifespan and you'll probably feel more achieved than what you do with your usual Mallet-PD Yasuo top games. Oh and please blame your jungler A LOT LESS too. You'll get more LP doing that.

Years
@PPC

Try out the Morde top for once in your short lifespan and you'll probably feel more achieved than what you do with your usual Mallet-PD Yasuo top games. Oh and please blame your jungler A LOT LESS too. You'll get more LP doing that.

What do you build on Morde top? Since Riot forbid I ever get mid lane and play a normal game I might as well find some top laners to practice so I untilt.

I used to go Ludens rush top, if you ult someone then spam spells mindlessly, a tick of ult will proc Ludens if possible, so even if they get away you can still proc Ludens like 3 times and still get a kill. Super cheesy.

I love how League pretty much just brings negativity in any hub like your typical day on the /r league of legends subreddit.

Pretty much all gaming subs are like that anyway. LoL is just known for being notoriously toxic because the banning system is completely nonexistent.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
What do you build on Morde top? Since Riot forbid I ever get mid lane and play a normal game I might as well find some top laners to practice so I untilt.

I used to go Ludens rush top, if you ult someone then spam spells mindlessly, a tick of ult will proc Ludens if possible, so even if they get away you can still proc Ludens like 3 times and still get a kill. Super cheesy.

My item purchases aren't 100% yet. The only time I've done Morde-top quite well was simply following Voyboy.. but what i do remember from how I've done it was.. In one game, i actually purchased a RELIC SHIELD because i felt boosted. LEL.

As for item choices, in the games i went, i always bought the following:

Gunblade = I seriously believe that THIS has been Mord's Go-to item ever since Gunblade and Mordekaiser came to be. The "Spell vamp" that gunblade offers works wonderfully with Mordekaiser's In your face smash style, and the active also means that you are far more useful then

Rylais = Again another go-to item. HP, some AP, and the slow on cast really helps you to become more useful. It just seriously works in my opinion.

Nashor's Tooth = LEL OMG XIN U BOOSTED!? TRINITY FORCE IS THE BEST BRUISER ITEM EVAR! Ok, I'm going to be honest. I was looking at Voyboy's Morde video and I was also wondering why Nashor's Tooth. Then i realized that the extra attack speed helps a bunch in making your Q work. Also the rather massive CDR that Nashor's give is quite a charm since Morde loves spamming as many skills as possible.

I am not a 100% on the boots yet. I feel that Ionian Boots could work out if you aren't running any CDR blues and have AP per level blues just to get to the effective CDR amount (Ionian Boots + Nashors felt enough for me). Sorc Boots are also a nice pair to wear if you want the max amount of damage. If you're looking to be a lil bit more tanky, the appropriate defensive boots (Tabi or Mercs) could suffice.

As always item sets aren't set in stone. At times, i would just say go with the gunblade-rylais-nashors set if you can get ahead, which for some reason can happen quite often if you get to lane against people who have absolutely no idea on how strong Mordekaiser with Max W first is.

In Voyboy's video, his keystone was Stormraider's surge to give Mordekaiser even more movement speed to fill out his lack of mobility (his Morde video had him running GHOST-FLASH on top lane, which aside from the mentioned Gunblade, Rylais, Nashors, he ran with Ionian boots to reduce the summoner CDs). In my games, I ran Thunderlords for max damage, and I had teammates that provided more control and cc.

As for skill build, I already mentioned that Max W was quite strong, especially when playing on Red side because you can always ask for your jungler if you can take the krugs for that free HP and gold if you push and shove out your enemy, which with Morde, you'll be doing quite often so ward your tri-bush and the river bush dilligently.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
seriously no posts about this yeat? I guess Riot has triggered a lot of PokeCom's league players so oh well.

Anyway, For Yasuo players out there, i feel like i need to address this. Apparently, the big nerf to Yasuo right now that will e applied in the next patch is going to be that the Armor Pen from his ulti will now only apply when he crits, instead of just being a straight up Armor Pen buff. So yeah upon reading this, this pretty much guts the whole Mallet+PD Yasuo builds a lot by giving them a weaker laning + trading phase, basically a weaker DPS phase before the PD (or crit items) kick in.

Then again, this pretty much sorta guts Yasuo's laning phase in the top lane against other Melee bruisers and tanks. Not having that Damage Pen buff on the non crit hits is going to be something that really harms Yasuo's laning phase before his crit chance items. Ouchies. I'm actually quite saddened.

This big Yasuo change hopefully will be the end-of-all changes to the complaints of Tank Yasuo who's just tearing the ranks in every queue there is in every region. Yeah even the Philippines and our good ole LoLPH Servers have hugged the whole Mallet+PD Yasuo builds and in the future, this whole thing will now be a lot less frequent.

RiotNowPlzBuffXinSoThatIwillPLayLeagueForever
andIwontgoaroundotherNonLeaguevenues
totalksh1tonhowyouaremakingthegame
lessinterestingforYasuoplayers.

Last edited:
Years
As a Yasuo main, I think people are just gonna go PD > Cloak of Agility > Frozen Mallet and nothing will change. People have already started going PD > FM more than TF > FM, and I have seen even more damage oriented builds get FM before IE.

It's kinda funny that both of the top tier top laners (Gnar and Yasuo, and Yasuo is mostly top tier because he counters Gnar, he loses most other matchups, while Gnar wins most other matchups, the irony) build a MS on hit item into FM and Riot still can't see the issue and just remove FM from the game since it's only built in abuse cases. But I saw a Riot balance team vs community stream and Riot's builds were awful (Hurricane and DD on MF???) so I'm not really surprised since they are apparently so out of touch with their own game.

Back