• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's go pikachu/Eevee affect on the anime

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hey, since that animator posted concept art of May, Serena, and Gary with Eevees and said animator implied that it would be part of the future of the series (just ask IcyIce), who says they can't bring them back in the near future (even though I personally think bringing Serena, May and Dawn back when there aren't any Pokémon Contests in Alola's a stupid idea)? Besides, they also indicated that Misty and Brock are going to be appearing in Alola soon. Besides, that magazine interview released around the time the Kanto revisit arc was announced implied that we'd be seeing more of the old cast.

And fine, my mistake regarding the double post, but my point still stands (and I've seen plenty of instances of companies who literally don't care about their fans at all and go so far as to attack their own customers. Marvel Comics and the recent version of Star Wars come to mind).

I agree that if they bring back any old characters, they have to do it right. May's return in DP was extremely well done and honestly raised my respect for her character. Dawn's return in BW, however, was poorly executed(imo) and largely the result of a marketing gimmick. Brock and Misty are slated to return again because they laid the groundwork in SM43. Everyone else would have to make sense or it will just crash and burn. Last I recall, Dawn went to Johto post BW, May is in Johto as well(had 3 Johto ribbons), Iris is in Johto while Serena is in Hoenn. They could return lots of old characters with a trip to Johto or something while Serena's return would be a bit more complicated but could be pulled off with a season in Kanto seeing as the Kalos group was invited there by Ash's mom(and we have Let's Go games to "advertise". They did it before with Emerald Battle Frontier so.. why stop now?).

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
They don't care about the older fans. I heard someone saying that if Ash wins the league the series is over.

I said this in Kalos and I will say it again even though I am not positive he will win the league. If he won the league, he still has the Elite 4 to do. Cynthia stated in Sinnoh that Ash and Paul would eventually be in the Champion's League.

As for they don't care, I think they do, more than we think.

My prediction is hapu grand trial in September
Pokémon league probably November
Rainbow rocket arc January
Nonsense filler the rest of the way

That seems a little close to me although possible. The anime will probably have a full season 3 and there will be a break of about a month even in Japan in December.

I think Rainbow Rocket could come much later. Maybe August of next year, We don't need another Decolore Arc... although, this whole saga had kinda been like that.

What we do in the games aside from Trials and League is take on Rainbow Rocket, Catch Ultra Beasts, Battle Royal and Festival Plaza.

It is possible that there could be a tournament arc for the Festival Plaza. Something has to happen for Anabel and Looker to come back as they have been drawn together by the animator. Team Skull has also not yet made an appearance or at least not Guzma and the girl.

I agree that Hapu Trial will probably be before their 2 week break in September that they usually take. After that. I think we will have more fillers. And the Pokemon League will round out the current season,

After the New Year, we will have the Rainbow Rocket Arc. They will want something to promote Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Because this arc deals with time traveling or alternate worlds, this could be the return of May, Virgil, Dawn, and a few others. This would also bring in Looker and Anabel.

Once that is over, I think we will have a few months of fillers, then Battle Tree will come up and then possibly Ultra Recon Squad and Ultra Necrozma.

I'd assume Ultra Necrozma would be on par with Zygarde and be near the very end of the saga.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
I think that they may send Ash back to Kanto, but there is basically nothing for him to do there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
I think that they may send Ash back to Kanto, but there is basically nothing for him to do there.
They won't. In order to make it remotely interesting, they'd have to send Lillie there with him.

Like I said before, they'll probably just stay in Alola.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
They won't. In order to make it remotely interesting, they'd have to send Lillie there with him.

Like I said before, they'll probably just stay in Alola.

Maybe so, but then again, they did send Ash back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier despite it technically being in Hoenn and thus only requiring Ash to be in Hoenn, so who knows?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 24, 2019
Maybe so, but then again, they did send Ash back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier despite it technically being in Hoenn and thus only requiring Ash to be in Hoenn, so who knows?

They only had the Battle Frontier take place in Kanto to promote FRLG

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
They only had the Battle Frontier take place in Kanto to promote FRLG

Yeah, and they can use the whole "Rainbow Rocket" arc be in Kanto to also promote "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee", especially when, like FRLG, that ALSO is a form of Gen I remakes. Heck, they can even move the Battle Royales or even whatever post-game event USUM had besides Rainbow Rocket to Kanto for the same reason. Let's not forget about that. And with Rainbow Rocket, it would be a LOT more fitting than the Battle Frontier since Kanto's literally Team Rocket's home turf.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
Yeah, and they can use the whole "Rainbow Rocket" arc be in Kanto to also promote "Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee", especially when, like FRLG, that ALSO is a form of Gen I remakes. Heck, they can even move the Battle Royales or even whatever post-game event USUM had besides Rainbow Rocket to Kanto for the same reason. Let's not forget about that. And with Rainbow Rocket, it would be a LOT more fitting than the Battle Frontier since Kanto's literally Team Rocket's home turf.

I don't think that RR is happening in the anime. TR in the anime did not disband like they did in the games.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I don't think that RR is happening in the anime. TR in the anime did not disband like they did in the games.

Who said that Team Rocket needed to disband in the anime to do the Rainbow Rocket arc? Let's not forget that the anime has recently heavily implied recently that Giovanni has designs for that Ultra Beast that warps dimensions with Namu's help, meaning he's most likely planning something similar to what he did to form Rainbow Rocket.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Who said that Team Rocket needed to disband in the anime to do the Rainbow Rocket arc? Let's not forget that the anime has recently heavily implied recently that Giovanni has designs for that Ultra Beast that warps dimensions with Namu's help, meaning he's most likely planning something similar to what he did to form Rainbow Rocket.

You have a point regarding TR disbanding. I mean they already have done SM without the notion of Trial Captains(despite the fact that the main cast excluding Lillie and our main protagonist in Ash happen to be Captains in the games) and Team Skull so far in the Anime is an outright embarrassment compared to what they are in the games. Noting those two discrepancies, what are the odds that they go back to Kanto for a RR arc or a Necrozma arc? Pretty darn high if I had to answer it as they can use it to promote LGE/LGP while bringing back Looker and Anabel(seeing as the Battle Frontier took place in Kanto).

Last edited:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I'm pretty sure Ash will just go back to Kanto once the Alola league happens, for some random ass filler, like the Decalore Islands sort of filler. I can't really see a Rainbow Rocket arc happening....

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm pretty sure Ash will just go back to Kanto once the Alola league happens, for some random ass filler, like the Decalore Islands sort of filler. I can't really see a Rainbow Rocket arc happening....

Possibly but what we're talking about is at least a year off seeing as Hapu and Poni Island Trial have yet to be carried out, Guzma and Team Skull have yet to establish themselves(otherwise they go down as the worst antagonist group ever), Team Rocket and Necrozma making an appearance and then there's the Alolan League(if we even have one). Throw in the introduction of Hau(odds are we should be seeing him sometime in the next 10-15 Episodes), potential returns for Brock, Misty and other characters(they gave pretty big hints for the "performer" characters(May, Dawn and Serena)) and you could be looking at 30-40 Episodes easily with a few slice of life filler Episodes sprinkled in.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Possibly but what we're talking about is at least a year off seeing as Hapu and Poni Island Trial have yet to be carried out, Guzma and Team Skull have yet to establish themselves(otherwise they go down as the worst antagonist group ever), Team Rocket and Necrozma making an appearance and then there's the Alolan League(if we even have one). Throw in the introduction of Hau(odds are we should be seeing him sometime in the next 10-15 Episodes), potential returns for Brock, Misty and other characters(they gave pretty big hints for the "performer" characters(May, Dawn and Serena)) and you could be looking at 30-40 Episodes easily with a few slice of life filler Episodes sprinkled in.

Oh, I'm pretty sure we're going to have an Alola league. I don't think they'd have that professor specifically get inspired to create the league from Brock and Misty's gym battles if they weren't going to do it.

And I'm pretty sure they're going to bring Misty and Brock to Alola. I doubt they'd have Ash make them promise to come over if they aren't going to do so (and besides, if they can get Jigglypuff to go to Alola, they most certainly can get those two over).

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
There's not really much Ash can do in Kanto, because he already beat all the gyms and there's not gonna be any new ones in LGPE. They will have to either start the anime over from the very beginning or have Ash mentor a new trainer who takes on the gyms.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
There's not really much Ash can do in Kanto, because he already beat all the gyms and there's not gonna be any new ones in LGPE. They will have to either start the anime over from the very beginning or have Ash mentor a new trainer who takes on the gyms.

He can always train Lillie for her to do gyms. That would spice things up a bit, especially when that actually would be a new thing the show hasn't actually tried yet.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
He can always train Lillie for her to do gyms. That would spice things up a bit, especially when that actually would be a new thing the show hasn't actually tried yet.

Lillie doesn't need to go to Kanto because Lusamine isn't sick anymore.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Lillie doesn't need to go to Kanto because Lusamine isn't sick anymore.

Maybe, but since she's cured of her fear of Pokémon, she may express interest in Pokémon training and thus desire to pursue being a trainer. Nothing stopping her from that. Heck, if anything, it would even have her make up for lost time caused by her fear of Pokémon.

Either way, Lillie at least would have a LOT more of a reason to go to Kanto to start her Pokémon journey than May did for even entering a Pokémon journey at all (especially when May hated Pokémon, despite being the daughter of a gym leader, which is very much unbecoming of someone who is supposed to be a trainer. As my grandpa said, if you're going to do a career path for a long time, you might as well make sure you actually enjoy it, and she failed the sniff test by hating Pokémon, something she literally has to put up with to be a trainer). Even you have to admit that.

Last edited:
Back