• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Dubbed] What's going on with the English Dub THIS TIME? (help? I guess?)

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Disney always randomly puts their shows on hiatus....I can't say I'm really surprised. But, it seems as people have stated above me, it's coming back at a new timeslot.

Honestly, I don't trust Disney with Pokemon.... I'm tired of their bs.

Yeah at the worst possible time slot apparently. Mondays at 6 p.m.

1. That's not even a weekend
2. That's late-ish
3. I don't see how they expect it to do better at that time.

There's no other way to interpret this other then them trying to kill the show and cancel it.

Guest123_x1

I'm going to agree with the previous posts about the new time slot(s)... WHAT THE @#)(*?

Before you think 6PM is a 'convenient' time (since many children are home from school by that time), Disney apparently doesn't realize that most children are absolutely SWAMPED with homework on Monday evenings, often not completed until close to bedtime! (Even if some child somewhere isn't swamped with homework at 6PM Mondays, it's still dinner time for many families at that time, and for others, parents would rather be watching the evening news at that time.) And 2:30 AM? What is the sense of any child-oriented cable channel operating programming in the overnight hours? They might as well be running infomercials during such graveyard time slots.

I hope fans are lodging tons of complaints to TPCI about how Disney XD is treating the Pokémon anime - and even better, demanding that Disney's rights to broadcast the show be revoked and put up for bids by competitors, whether it be another cable channel that airs children's programming, or even a digital subchannel network or syndication distributor.
(Then again, it probably doesn't really matter, since it seems these days, Disney XD has a near-monopoly when it comes to dubbed anime geared towards children :< )

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm going to agree with the previous posts about the new time slot(s)... WHAT THE @#)(*?

Before you think 6PM is a 'convenient' time (since many children are home from school by that time), Disney apparently doesn't realize that most children are absolutely SWAMPED with homework on Monday evenings, often not completed until close to bedtime! (Even if some child somewhere isn't swamped with homework at 6PM Mondays, it's still dinner time for many families at that time, and for others, parents would rather be watching the evening news at that time.) And 2:30 AM? What is the sense of any child-oriented cable channel operating programming in the overnight hours? They might as well be running infomercials during such graveyard time slots.

I hope fans are lodging tons of complaints to TPCI about how Disney XD is treating the Pokémon anime - and even better, demanding that Disney's rights to broadcast the show be revoked and put up for bids by competitors, whether it be another cable channel that airs children's programming, or even a digital subchannel network or syndication distributor.
(Then again, it probably doesn't really matter, since it seems these days, Disney XD has a near-monopoly when it comes to dubbed anime geared towards children :< )

6pm EST, 5pm CST, 4pm MST and 6pm PST(because we on the Pacific get the middle finger). While 6pm is late, its not so late that people can't watch it. Furthermore, you might be unaware of the movement to abolish Homework in public schools(that's right... ABOLISH). So what are kids going to be doing besides watching TV at that point? Furthermore, watching the news? Pff... with instant news at their fingertips, who watches TV anymore for stuff like that.

Anyways, new time slot debuts in a week. We will soon know if its Episode 59 or merely more re-runs before they opt to do a mini-marathon like they did last July.

Years
Otter Mii-kun's point does feel valid. While 6pm isn't the worst, it's a time where kids will likely have to focus on school homework and will likely have to get their sleep after that.

It is definitely clear we are now seeing Disney XD's true colours when it comes to handling a popular anime like Pokemon. Then again, XD hadn't been treating Yo-Kai Watch well either... given they haven't aired any new dubbed episodes for months now.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years

^^^ALL OF THIS. ALL OF IT.

I wish something like that would happen but it's very doubtful. Even if it happened. I seriously doubt DisneyXD would change shit.

Otter Mii-kun's point does feel valid. While 6pm isn't the worst, it's a time where kids will likely have to focus on school homework and will likely have to get their sleep after that.

It is definitely clear we are now seeing Disney XD's true colours when it comes to handling a popular anime like Pokemon. Then again, XD hadn't been treating Yo-Kai Watch well either... given they haven't aired any new dubbed episodes for months now.

Try a whole year. I'm pretty sure the english dub of Yo Kai Watch is canceled. :pouting:

Last edited:

Guest123_x1

Try a whole year. I'm pretty sure the english dub of Yo Kai Watch is canceled. :pouting:
Indeed, while the original series of Yo-Kai Watch aired its last episode in Japan on March 30 (about two and a half months ago), it seems as if the remainder of the series won't make it over to America. (Sounds quite a bit like with what happened with Tokyo Mew Mew after 4Kids dubbed it as Mew Mew Power - 4Kids was only able to dub so many episodes, and of those they had done, not all of them aired on television in the US.)

Years
I'm still baffled that Yo-Kai Watch's dub seems to have got cancelled, considering it was a major threat to Pokemon in the ratings only 4-5 years ago. Guess someone was right about that franchise just being a fad and nothing else.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I'm still baffled that Yo-Kai Watch's dub seems to have got cancelled, considering it was a major threat to Pokemon in the ratings only 4-5 years ago. Guess someone was right about that franchise just being a fad and nothing else.

When I saw it for the first time I was like: ?Wtf is this crap?? and it came across as a cult-like Anime with that bizarre ending credits(that PRB12 used in his XY/XYZ Pokemon Crack videos). Never thought something like that would become popular here in the States and if they?re purposely holding off airing new Episodes, perhaps it?s a good thing. Not to say the Sun&Moon Anime(which was influenced by the show) is much better.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
To be honest I was a fan of the english dub Yo Kai Watch. It was... weird at times. But it had it's moments. Particularly the episodes with Venoct. Plus I actually really like the movie. It was a lot of fun to watch.

Honestly... if the dub truly is canceled... I'm disappointed. Very disappointed.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Appears Episodes 59-64 have been announced with regards to the English Dub. They will air on a 1 Episode/week basis from July 2nd to August 6th. These encompass the Lillie and Mallow Episode with Drampa all the way to the one involving Passimian(hence stopping prior to the two Episodes with Ilima). If they keep to the 1 Episode/week schedule, they?ll finish by December 3rd.

Years
Appears Episodes 59-64 have been announced with regards to the English Dub. They will air on a 1 Episode/week basis from July 2nd to August 6th. These encompass the Lillie and Mallow Episode with Drampa all the way to the one involving Passimian(hence stopping prior to the two Episodes with Ilima). If they keep to the 1 Episode/week schedule, they?ll finish by December 3rd.

Shoving the new episodes on a Monday evening feels very stupid if you ask me, considering kids will likely be sitting at a dinner table, and probably won't even be able to watch TV because of their parents wanting to watch something else.

And I guess August 13th will start another hiatus. I think Disney XD is indeed now the worst handler of the dub, since at least CN didn't shove all these unpredicted hiatuses even if they had Pokemon air in a bad timeslot.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Shoving the new episodes on a Monday evening feels very stupid if you ask me, considering kids will likely be sitting at a dinner table, and probably won't even be able to watch TV because of their parents wanting to watch something else.

And I guess August 13th will start another hiatus. I think Disney XD is indeed now the worst handler of the dub, since at least CN didn't shove all these unpredicted hiatuses even if they had Pokemon air in a bad timeslot.

Star Wars Rebels aired new Episodes on Monday evenings(8pm if memory serves) so Disney doing new Episodes on Monday is not unprecedented. It?s just why move it from Saturday mornings(where Pokemon has resided for years, including its initial run on Disney XD) to Monday evening. Heck their old weekday 4pm timeslot made more sense since cartoons were an ?Afternoon? thing, not an ?Evening? thing.

Their ratings will take a hit from this but with the advent of ON Demand and streaming, I don?t think they really care all that much so long as they get their Ad Revenue(and the amount of ads I get when watching Pokemon On Demand is nuts. I stream XY as its rehab for the abuse SM puts me through).

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
WELL THIS IS BS.

THEY ARE CLEARLY TRYING TO GET IT CANCELED.

THE BS NEW TIME OF MONDAYS AT 6PM HAS PRETTY MUCH BEEN CONFIRMED. At least by someone on another forum.

SOMEONE SERIOUSLY NEED TO CONTACT PUSA AND TELL THEM DISNEY XD IS TRYING TO GET THEIR IP CANCELED.

:pouting:

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Okay... so... apparently the Yo Kai Watch english dub isn't canceled after all. I read on another forum that it's returning July 2nd. At a similar 'we're ***holes so we're going to kill it and cancel it' time like when Pokemon returns. 5:30 p.m. I think.

OKAY. SERIOUSLY. SOMEBODY CONTACT THESE IP HOLDERS AND TELL THEM DISNEY XD IS TRYING TO CANCEL THE ENGLISH DUBS OF THEIR IPS.

:pouting:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Sorry for the triple post.

However... it looks like either TPCI or Disney XD got enough complaints. Because the english dub episode that aired yesterday is the last one that will be airing on Mondays.

How do I know this? Because I checked my cable providers remote guide and checked for the next episode and it's listed back at the regular airing days of Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. EST. However the next 'new' episode won't actually be airing until the 25th, not the 18th.

The same applies to the new english dubbed episodes of Yo Kai Watch. It's airing back on Saturdays as well. Half an hour before Pokemon.

About god damn time TPCI wised up and took their heads out of their asses. Airing it on Mondays was basically Disney XD's obvious attempt to cancel it. :pouting:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Sorry for the triple post.

However... it looks like either TPCI or Disney XD got enough complaints. Because the english dub episode that aired yesterday is the last one that will be airing on Mondays.

How do I know this? Because I checked my cable providers remote guide and checked for the next episode and it's listed back at the regular airing days of Saturday mornings at 9 a.m. EST. However the next 'new' episode won't actually be airing until the 25th, not the 18th.

The same applies to the new english dubbed episodes of Yo Kai Watch. It's airing back on Saturdays as well. Half an hour before Pokemon.

About god damn time TPCI wised up and took their heads out of their asses. Airing it on Mondays was basically Disney XD's obvious attempt to cancel it. :pouting:

Also might have something to do with the fact that Summer programming is coming to an end since kids(Pokemon's target audience) are going back to school and likely would be unable to watch it in its current time slot(Monday evenings). By moving it back to Saturday mornings, it will coincide with that age group being off from school. Granted, its quite possible that public backlash over the day/time change may have had something to do with it. However, I haven't even watched 65(still peeved they skipped 64 even though I hate the Ash acting like a Monkey within it) or 66(which aired yesterday).

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Also might have something to do with the fact that Summer programming is coming to an end since kids(Pokemon's target audience) are going back to school and likely would be unable to watch it in its current time slot(Monday evenings). By moving it back to Saturday mornings, it will coincide with that age group being off from school. Granted, its quite possible that public backlash over the day/time change may have had something to do with it. However, I haven't even watched 65(still peeved they skipped 64 even though I hate the Ash acting like a Monkey within it) or 66(which aired yesterday).

Doesn't change the fact that someone was trying to get the anime shows canceled.

So it's time to start throwing out the ANIME HATERS accusation again. :wink-right-eye:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Doesn't change the fact that someone was trying to get the anime shows canceled.

So it's time to start throwing out the ANIME HATERS accusation again. :wink-right-eye:

Only instance I can cite of an exec hating a show happens to be a CN exec cancelling Code Lyoko back in 2007 despite the fact it was pulling decent ratings. Why it was canceled: Exec didn't like it. It's plausibke you might be right but my theory about it being Summer programming is just as valid.

Back