• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Uranium (NEW DEMO 4.0 RELEASED!!!)

Years
It's the first time i look at this and i can't believe how great it is! i am playing right now and i really feel full of spectation as in my first time playing red :D Great job guys, keep up!!

Just one question.. does this game have the physical/special split done?

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2012
i am sooo excited to you next demo!! your game is the reason why i registered in poke community!!!!!

Years
i just downloaded it but it wont open, i tried running it as an administrator but it didnt work

EDIT: it says the game is incompatible

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Hi, first of all it looks great and could be the best hack I've ever played;)

I also have a question, when will the full game will be finished?? I want to play more!!:))

Good job ;)

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
From what I've seen, GREAT GAME, but the battle BG is a bit silly, I prefer the ones in the real games IMHO!

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Damn it! Well there goes my hack's name. Now I got to think of something else. :/
But this Pokemon Uranium looks pretty cool! Can't wait for a finished, completed version.

crazybarkz101

Tayo like Tired
Years
I was playing the game and encountered an error. I had just beaten the first gym and had three pokemon in my party. I was going back down to the first town and stopped by the little house to get a fishing rod. When I tried it out on the lake I caught the frog (I forget its name) but when the battle scene ended this popped up:
Exception: NoMethodError
PokemonCustomMenu:569:in `update_party'
PokemonCustomMenu:423:in `update'
PokemonCustomMenu:175:in `main'
PokemonCustomMenu:171:in `loop'
PokemonCustomMenu:179:in `main'
Main*:30:in `mainFunction'
Main*:19:in `pbCriticalCode'
Main*:33:in `mainFunction'
Main*:37
Main*:36:in `loop'

and I couldn't do anything with the controls.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
Well, it has been ages since I last posted here, engineering isn't easy you know... But well, I have loads of free time at the moment and I'm thinking on getting back on work after many months! So is there anyone here willing to help an old friend to get back on track?
I mean, I haven't talked to Zeph in months and she seems to be away from every pokemon related activity (dA too) so right now I'm alone...

You know, what made me think on that is the increasing number of fans on youtube etc, so I think I could give more content to them and all, there are even some let's plays of my game there and I missed all that. Anyways, I hope people here can help me. (Btw, where is most developpers? Is the forum more inactive or something, are you at some other place now :( ?)

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
Well, it has been ages since I last posted here, engineering isn't easy you know... But well, I have loads of free time at the moment and I'm thinking on getting back on work after many months! So is there anyone here willing to help an old friend to get back on track?
I mean, I haven't talked to Zeph in months and she seems to be away from every pokemon related activity (dA too) so right now I'm alone...

You know, what made me think on that is the increasing number of fans on youtube etc, so I think I could give more content to them and all, there are even some let's plays of my game there and I missed all that. Anyways, I hope people here can help me. (Btw, where is most developpers? Is the forum more inactive or something, are you at some other place now :( ?)

A lot of us have disappeared since you've last visited the forums, as far as I can see, there's only a few developers left, and only about 2 or 3 of us scripters left XD. But it's good to see you back on the forums JV. Hope to see your amazing work.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
Years
Glad to see you're back, JV. I seriously love this game! I definitely agree with what you've said about the lack of developers, hopefully you can get the project back on track.

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
A few updates. I'd like to say I'm starting to get things done again! Finished 4th gym and it's town events, fixed a few bugs and I am working on a main event of the game!
I still haven't got a answer from Zephyr, neither have got contacted about getting help =/.
Also, I created a group page for the game on dA, so for those who want to check it out, here is the link: http://pokemon-uranium.deviantart.com/

I think it will be easier to get help there, that's why I'm giving some use to my profile there. Cya~

EDIT: Almost forgot, I'm featuring a let's play of Uranium which wylecoyote is making:

This is just the third video of the playthrough, he already has a bunch of them uploaded! Check out his channel.

Last edited:
Years
does the link at top download the latest version? i hope so cause thats what i downloaded and i have 6 pokemon right now

how far can the starter pokemon evolve into at the games current stage? also i love the pokemon and that alot of the cry's are remixed, its better than it just being the original cry's. 1 more thing, how do i get to the first gym leader? i got to the town but it says she is at her house and idk where that is so i left to train at the town before first gym town.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
does the link at top download the latest version? i hope so cause thats what i downloaded and i have 6 pokemon right now

how far can the starter pokemon evolve into at the games current stage? also i love the pokemon and that alot of the cry's are remixed, its better than it just being the original cry's. 1 more thing, how do i get to the first gym leader? i got to the town but it says she is at her house and idk where that is so i left to train at the town before first gym town.

If you downloaded the 2.1 demo, that should be the latest version.

the starter pokemon only evolve once, in their mid-to-late 20's. The first gym leader (Maria)'s house is towards the lower right-hand corner of Nowtoch city, near the Pokemart. since you've been grinding, the battle should be very easy; she's supposed to be fairly straightforward to battle with barely any extra training at all.

Years
If you downloaded the 2.1 demo, that should be the latest version.

the starter pokemon only evolve once, in their mid-to-late 20's. The first gym leader (Maria)'s house is towards the lower right-hand corner of Nowtoch city, near the Pokemart. since you've been grinding, the battle should be very easy; she's supposed to be fairly straightforward to battle with barely any extra training at all.

ahhhh thanks. lol my next post will be of 2 bugs/glitches i found in the game yesterday

in Moki town there is a guy who wants to trade his.... (getting the names) Baashaun for a Fortog. idk if i selected cancel or if i selected my starter pokemon Orchynx (grass starter) but which ever 1 it was i ended up in a trade with him and traded my starter pokemon for his baashaun. (luckily i saved before the trade) so yea. and the next thing i need a screenshot of so hold on again. ok here on route 01 you can see the untiled place or w/e its called.
http://prntscr.com/fqk63

c3fd56bdc21e4326a55cb9e.png

ok i got the fishing rod and when i fish in the pond outside where you get the fishing rod my character turns around so I'm fishing but facing away from the water. also when i caught a fortog my game froze and an error code popped up. if you want me to send you the error code i will tomorrow if i get it again when i catch another fortog. but yea the game is still good, just letting you know about a few things i have encountered.

Last edited:

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
ahhhh thanks. lol my next post will be of 2 bugs/glitches i found in the game yesterday

in Moki town there is a guy who wants to trade his.... (getting the names) Baashaun for a Fortog. idk if i selected cancel or if i selected my starter pokemon Orchynx (grass starter) but which ever 1 it was i ended up in a trade with him and traded my starter pokemon for his baashaun. (luckily i saved before the trade) so yea. and the next thing i need a screenshot of so hold on again. ok here on route 01 you can see the untiled place or w/e its called.
http://prntscr.com/fqk63

c3fd56bdc21e4326a55cb9e.png

ok i got the fishing rod and when i fish in the pond outside where you get the fishing rod my character turns around so I'm fishing but facing away from the water. also when i caught a fortog my game froze and an error code popped up. if you want me to send you the error code i will tomorrow if i get it again when i catch another fortog. but yea the game is still good, just letting you know about a few things i have encountered.

Thanks for the feedback, it really helps us out! I'll get the black spot fixed, about the fishing, the thing is we don't have the sprites ofr it yet, so that is the animation that plays. I never got the Fortog error (and I always catch one on my playthroughs) so I guess that was a one-time/specific thing...

A few updates: We're close to 3.0, yes demo 3.0! It will be the last one before full release and I promise it's great, top quality! I'm not sure how long it will be, but it will probably reach the 10 hour mark, at least!

Back