• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Walking Wake and Iron Leaves to be available in raids

Years

These two were just introduced in the Presents video. What do you guys think? Which one do you like better?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Walking Wake is definitely the better one. I just wish they weren't freaking TERA raids. Especially since half the time I don't even get the raid updated in my game which is annoying. Even after I got the most updated news. I missed out on Greninja because of that.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
As much as I love the Violet Paradox Mons, Walking Wake definitely wins here. Water/Dragon is an insanely good defensive type combination - shame it's still restricted to Legendaries and Kingdra, but, oh, well.

Its design is HILARIOUS too; I never expected a dinosaur Suicune, let alone a bipedal dinosaur Suicune! I can't wait for all the memes related to Eusine that will come out of this, as well as the reaction of the Xenoverse fandom as regards Aster and his own Suicune.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Walking Wake definitely looks stupid. Iron Leaves doesn't look anything like what the leaked art showed. It is literally no different to Virizion, but simply metal looking.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Paradox legendaries? finding this redundant.

It was funny to see regular Pokémon (especially weaker ones like Delibird and Jigglypuff) getting time Paradoxes with abnormal stats compared to their present day counterparts.

But for a pair of legendaries which already have roughly the same stats as Paradoxes, and are already rare and unique species... essentially there's no difference between this and making a Suicune & Virizion regional forms, except they're not just region but also time-locked.

I have Scarlet so I guess I would get the Suicune... If I can do the Raid with what I have. If it requires raising a specific counter for it then nope. It's not a Pokémon I would be using for anything anyway.

Years
Just downloaded the dlc for scarlet. I'm indifferent tbh to the forms. I am however hype for Metagross!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Finds both of them okay, design-wise but not amazing. Would have liked less mane for Walking Wake. Barely changed Iron Leaves.

I have Scarlet so I guess I would get the Suicune... If I can do the Raid with what I have. If it requires raising a specific counter for it then nope. It's not a Pokémon I would be using for anything anyway.

Only level 75, so 5-star difficulty. Managed with Assault Vest Bellibolt first try. (Ignore what Serebii says about Hydro Steam. Is a special Water move, not a physical Normal move.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Walking Wake is definitely the better one. I just wish they weren't freaking TERA raids. Especially since half the time I don't even get the raid updated in my game which is annoying. Even after I got the most updated news. I missed out on Greninja because of that.

You've unlocked them, right? They're very far into the post-game.

I agree that they shouldn't put all the events / new legends into raids though. I enjoy this trend of giving away a replica of a tournament winner's Pokémon though.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
I was pretty much able to beat Iron Leaves pretty easily with Chi-Yu. I'm glad these weren't as ridiculously hard as the 7-star raids.

By the way, would anybody be kind enough to invite me to their Walking Wake raid? I have a fully EV trained and Hyper Trained Miraidon, which I believe is good to beat it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I was pretty much able to beat Iron Leaves pretty easily with Chi-Yu. I'm glad these weren't as ridiculously hard as the 7-star raids.

By the way, would anybody be kind enough to invite me to their Walking Wake raid? I have a fully EV trained and Hyper Trained Miraidon, which I believe is good to beat it.

These raids are the thing that got me back into SV, I actually love them now. But if you just want to get the legend / special 'mon and get out they probably are irritating.

Ooh, one that finally can get use out of the starter? Might have to accelerate my playthrough and go get mine!

Years
Both are 'meh' imo
Guess I'll have to interrupt my shiny breeding again just to go catch one due to the time limit... blegh.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023
Walking Wake looks pretty neat. Iron Leaves is super dumb looking though.

Years
Both raids are incredibly difficult I did them off line and my god what a struggle I had Walking Wake went down to my Male Pawmot with 3 Bulk Ups and Thunder Punch but my god Iron leaves is harder took me 4 hours to get it and my Male Scizor finally came through 3 Iron Defences, 3 Sword Dance, 2 X-Scissor and holding a Mirror Herb.

I have been playing Pokemon since Red, Blue & Yellow and I have never ever done anything that hard (apart from the 55 failed attempts at beating Volo before I finally prevailed on Legends Arceus). I also never EV trained until Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl I had to do it to beat Cynthia.

I had no Pokemon specifically for Raids as I only did the lower raids during game play to build my team but I have just EV trained and raised up Scizor to level 95 to stand any chance at winning.

I don't have a Switch On-line Membership so had to do it offline got some help from other fans on Facebook who gave me good movesets I want Pokemon games to be easy not hard.

I have never bothered with the Cinderace, Greninja or Pikachu 7 star raids as I had no counters or raid team for them.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
I broke Iron Leaves in half with my level 100 max IV (except Speed/Sp. Atk) max Attack/HP EV Kingambit, three Swords Dances and a Kowtow Cleave one shot it lol.
I tried to do more Raids of it online, but the people I was getting matched with were... Not very good at picking their Pokemon for this fight, so to speak.

I haven't had any luck getting into a Walking Wake Raid thus far, so I honestly don't know which of my trained Mon's would be best for it sadly.
Edit: Nevermind, I just got one. I had a damn good squad of randoms with me, so it went pretty well!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Both raids are incredibly difficult I did them off line and my god what a struggle I had Walking Wake went down to my Male Pawmot with 3 Bulk Ups and Thunder Punch but my god Iron leaves is harder took me 4 hours to get it and my Male Scizor finally came through 3 Iron Defences, 3 Sword Dance, 2 X-Scissor and holding a Mirror Herb.

I have been playing Pokemon since Red, Blue & Yellow and I have never ever done anything that hard (apart from the 55 failed attempts at beating Volo before I finally prevailed on Legends Arceus). I also never EV trained until Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl I had to do it to beat Cynthia.

I had no Pokemon specifically for Raids as I only did the lower raids during game play to build my team but I have just EV trained and raised up Scizor to level 95 to stand any chance at winning.

I don't have a Switch On-line Membership so had to do it offline got some help from other fans on Facebook who gave me good movesets I want Pokemon games to be easy not hard.

I have never bothered with the Cinderace, Greninja or Pikachu 7 star raids as I had no counters or raid team for them.

Starts off difficult because of few options. Places the burden on your Pokemon for solo raids. Needs to deal a whole lot of damage in a short time. (Sets 5-stars at level 75.
Multiplies their health by 20.) Amounts to a big hurdle if your only choices are a few levels higher. Also rewards certain moves more than a standard battle does.

Should be able to beat most 5-star Pokemon weak to Bug and maybe Steel with Scizor now (barring Fire moves). Enables you to gather experience quicker. Expands your roster from 1 to 2. Doubles the number of raids you can complete. Grows faster from there, if you put in the time.

Spoiler: Unsolicited general solo Tera Raid advice

1. Get the Shell Bell. Earns one by defeating seven trainers in South Province Area 3 (around Titan Klawf near Mesagoza) or buying one in Levincia at Delibird Presents. Heals 1/8 of the damage you deal. Keeps you healthy as you tear away that big bar of hitpoints. Benefits a lot of Pokemon. Wastes less time than the message spam from Leftovers too.
  2. Use the Tera type of your main attack. Helps a lot for the shield. Why? Imagine X-Scissor doing 100 damage normally. (Ignore the boost from Terastallizing for a moment.) Deals this much damage against the shield:
    - Not Terastallized: 20 damage
    - Terastallized, but not Tera: Bug: 35 damage
    - Terastallized with Tera: Bug: 75 damage
  3. (For Pokemon with Choice Band/Specs) On that same note, do not Terastallize if you are going to faint. Relies on your Terastallization to rip down the shield. Accept the faint, then Terastallize when you come back. Worries less about fainting in solo raids than online raids. (For Shell Bell holders, go ahead if Terastallizing will heal you to safety.)
  4. Consider resetting for better partners. Applies especially for nasty physical Pokemon like Iron Leaves. Finds partners with Intimidate (Tauros, Staraptor, and Arcanine) in 5-star raids and up. Restart until you get one. Lowers the raid boss's Attack essentially every time it faints. Happens a lot to them.
  5. Look for Pokemon with strong moves when choosing your next Pokemon to level. Points to Koraidon and Miraidon with their signature moves and strong stats. Knows about Iron Hands and Azumarill being popular with Belly Drum. Considers Iron Moth with Fiery Dance (+1 Special Attack) and Acid Spray (-2 Special Defense) great with Tera: Fire. Could give Contrary Lurantis with Leaf Storm (probably requires an Ability Patch), Espathra with Lumina Crash, Appletun with Apple Acid, and some others a whirl too.
  6. Recommends EV training multiple Pokemon at once, if you have the cash for the EV training items. (Gets kind of pricy. May not have that much, especially if you get a Choice Band or Specs.) Usually trains 5-6 at once on the Chanseys near the Team Star base north of Montenevera. Start with your offense EV item, then switch to your Hitpoint item after you max your offense. Stumbles across tons of Chanseys with an Encounter Power: Normal Level 1 sandwich buff. (Usually picks...#80?)
  7. Do the other legwork too, as able: proper nature and Hyper Trained in your offense, Hitpoints, Defense, Special Defense. Advises roughly that order. (Cares less about Speed in Tera Raids. Can certainly help. Battles over a lot of turns, though.)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 23, 2023

Well, there's good news. Lots of the content is easy. High level raids can actually be challenging which is fun for a lot of people. Different things cater to different people.

Also, the Pikachu raid was very easily soloable with easy to acquire pokemon and easily available movesets.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
You've unlocked them, right? They're very far into the post-game.

I agree that they shouldn't put all the events / new legends into raids though. I enjoy this trend of giving away a replica of a tournament winner's Pokémon though.

Yeah I have now. I forgot that I never finished the Ace Tournament and didn't really have a desire to. I didn't know the higher raids were locked behind it. Especially after, I am pretty sure, when I finished the game before Ace Tournament, they said the same thing.

Back to the raids, I completely destroyed Iron Leaves with my Kingambit and Foul Play, taking out more than half of its health in a single hit, which allowed everyone else in my group to break the shield and finish it off.

With Walking Wake, I ended up with a team who had 2 Miraidon which basically finished the raid with half the time remaining. But it took over 15 times to actually get into one of the raids for it. A lot harder than Iron Laves, since I guess more people wanted Walking Wake.

Years
Well, there's good news. Lots of the content is easy. High level raids can actually be challenging which is fun for a lot of people. Different things cater to different people.

Also, the Pikachu raid was very easily soloable with easy to acquire pokemon and easily available movesets.

I saw someone today solo the Iron Leaves raid with Spidops just proves that Pokemon isn't as bad as people say it is found it great though that such an underated Pokemon got used I watched them do it was very interesting, I have seen alot of people use Lokix for the Iron Leaves raid as I heard its a great counter I went with Scizor and changed its Tera type type from Grass to Normal.

Flutter Mane is another popular Pokemon to use in the Iron Leaves raid.

Todescruel was apparently the best Pokemon to use in the Pikachu raid as it had the major type advantage and I actually like it didn't do that raid myself though didn't interest me also seen Todescruel used against Walking Wake.

Last edited:
Back