Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
3,504 posts
6.6 Years
Sorry for the lack of map update yesterday, but I'm currently away and without stable internet connection. Next map update will be on Monday.
Age 21
Male
UK
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9 posts
26 Days
Eolith's Adventure: Chapter 2

Current Curses:
👉Light's End
👉Dracula's Apprentice

The new curse bestowed upon me is not a detrimental one, but it will hinder the two first Pokemon I have in particular; Grovyle and Lombre. They will be made to keep Absorb as a move forever which will limit the potential movepool unfortunately. I may have to consider a Lombre replacement in this case, since I don't want a third of my party suffering from this.

Anyway, the second gym leader Brawly has been defeated. I came across a Zubat and Aron in Dewford which I was keen to add to my roster with the vision that I will be able to use a Crobat and Aggron effectively during the endgame. There is little action involved between the first and second gym leader, so I just had to do a bit of levelling up to be able to take on Brawly. Zubat proved very effective with the use of Supersonic and Astonish to dispatch of Meditite. Grovyle and Lombre were able to deal with the Makuhita and Machop respectively, so I'm glad that was enough. There will be a lot more action involved between now and the next gym so I am looking forward to see where it takes me. Potentially some new Pokemon along the way and a lot of opportunities to get some evolutions along the way. All is good so far!

Squad

Willow lvl. 20
Docile
Fury Cutter | Pursuit
Absorb | Quick Attack

Hernan lvl. 18
Naive
Astonish | Growl
Absorb | Nature Power

Iwisa lvl. 15
Bashful
Leech Life | Supersonic
Astonish

Mar lvl. 12
Impish
Rock Tomb | Harden
Mud-Slap | Headbutt

As for the next steps in the adventure, I would like to choose the last two green berries and move to room 19.

Miau

If I fits...

Age 28
Female
Camphrier Town
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
765 posts
7.3 Years

Halloween Trick-or-Treating Event - Black 2
BADGES · 5/8
BERRIES · Red x4 · Green x2 · Blue x1
RULES ·
Zombie Dinner
Any Pokémon that can learn any of the following moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run: Bite, Crunch, Any of the Fang attacks (on Pokemon that can learn multiple, only one is required).
·
Ocean's Curse
Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule.
·
Locke Clause
Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run.
·
Spooky Ball ✓
If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse.
·
Ghostly Adventure G✓
Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
·
Making Frankenstein G
Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
·
Zombieland G✓
All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.
·
Rectangular Force G
All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on.
·
No-Slot Hex
Your maximum party size is reduced by 1.
·
Final Destination ✓
Get Pokémon that can learn Destiny Bond. You must use this move during each Gym Battle at least once.
·
The Thing ✓
Catch a Ditto, Grimer, Muk, or any of the Goomey line and permanently put it on your team. Plus one Pokémon of your choice is assimilated and must be perma-boxed.

Looks like she was scared for nothing! Miau brushes off the creepiness of the cemetery, and with a freshly picked green berry, she makes her way to room 24.

PARTY
Silvana ♀ Lv. 38
Master of HP-drain and natural cures. Proficient in the graceful art of (petal) dancing. Hero of Driftveil Gym.
Cozonac ♂ Lv. 30
Has the moxie, and carries around soft sand. Likes to crunch up his opponents.

CURSED · Zombie Dinner
Amandina ♀ Lv. 25
A permanent member of the team, she carries herself elegantly showing off her silk scarf. Can cut down small trees.

CURSED · Spooky Ball
Poiana ♀ Lv. 25
The mummy who became my best friend. She holds a spell tag.

CURSED · Ghostly Adventure · Final Destination
Turbo ♀ Lv. 25
The thing. Stinky and sticky, she latched on and won't let go.

CURSED · The Thing
Mentosan ♂ Lv. 5

CURSED · Ocean's Curse · Zombieland
Rom ♂ Lv. 16

CURSED · Rectangular Force
Eugenia ♀ Lv. 8

CURSED · Zombie Dinner · Rectangular Force
Magic ♂ Lv. 16

CURSED · Rectangular Force
Pufarine ♂ Lv. 23

CURSED · The Thing (Assimilated)
Vienetta ♀ Lv. 19

CURSED · Locke Clause
BOXED

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
3,504 posts
6.6 Years

JDTHEBUD GETS A HUNGRY COMPANION
Jdthebud picks up Green and Blue Berry and a Poké Ball. Before he can do anything, this Poké Ball opens and eats both Berries. It's no Poké Ball. It's... New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This weirdly named section is once again, pretty boring. Someone actually forgot about it and named it only few days ago. And no one noticed. Can you at least notice these berries?
Red berries manipulate your team
Blue berries manipulate your gameplay
Green berries manipulate your movesets
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run.

SANIACHAN IS IN THE FINALE
But can she do it with this new curse? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

EOLITH IS GETTING SCARED
Can he make it 'till the end? New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

This section only has one grave and a mailbox. Eolith opens it and finds only two berries inside:

MIAU IS SICK
Put her in the quarantine! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Just kidding, she's already inside cemetery. Just don't let her leave. I mean, come look at this freshly dug up graveyard. It has berries inside. Just jump in and pick some:

Miau

If I fits...

Age 28
Female
Camphrier Town
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
765 posts
7.3 Years
ping
Question about Plaguespreader; my current team is:
  • Roserade
  • Krokorok
  • Liepard (permanent - Spooky Ball)
  • Yamask (permanent - Ghostly Adventure)
  • Grimer (permanent - The Thing)

Roserade and Grimer both already know Poison-type moves, does this mean my entire team is saved from the plague? Or should I remove Krokorok, who can't learn any Poison-type moves at the moment, and isn't a permanent member of the team?

Superjolt

The sharpest there is

Age 27
Male
Deep below the PokéCommunity...
Online now
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,188 posts
6.5 Years
Here’s part 3 (and also part 2)

Part 2:
Spoiler:
Trick or Treat Challenge Part 2
Rules:
Elm Street Neighbors - Now it’s time to learn any of the slashing moves or Dream Eater. Any Pokemon that can must do so as soon as possible, and keep one eligible move for the entire rest of the run.
Starter lock hex - Your Starter can no longer be used.
Rectangular Force (GLOBAL RULE) - All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on
Ghostly Adventure (GLOBAL RULE) - Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on.
Making Frankenstein (GLOBAL RULE) - Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on.
Zombieland (GLOBAL RULE) - All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon.

The new Elm Street Neighbors rule requires learning a slashing move or Dream Eater, luckily I have Gastly which will learn Dream Eater eventually :D

After training up Leaf, Sai and Gale, I headed south of Violet City. The journey down Route 32 was long but I finally made it to Union Cave and also eventually to Azalea Town. Apparently some thugs were around cutting off Slowpoke tails! With some help from Kurt I kicked those jerks out of the Slowpoke Well.

Then it was time to fight Bugsy. Luckily Zag learned Wing Attack while fighting gym trainers, but Bugsy’s Scyther was still tough. After a couple of tries, Zag and Gale took it down, and the rest of Bugsy’s team was easy after that.

Current Team:

Zag ♂ Lv. 18
- Wing Attack
- Astonish
- Supersonic
- Bite

Gale ♀ Lv. 15
- Hypnosis
- Lick
- Night Shade
- Curse

Leaf ♂ Lv. 12
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Wrap

Sai ♂ Lv. 13
- Poison Sting
- Leech Life
- Scary Face
- Constrict
t

Things were going so well until this next update ;-;

Trick or Treat Challenge Part 3

New rules:
Eternal Nightmare - Pokémon that fall asleep must be boxed for the rest of the run
No Slot Hex - Max party size is reduced by one

Things were going smoothly, Zag mopped up my rival in Azalea Town and I helped the apprentice get his Farfetch’d back in Ilex Forest. I went through the forest and up Route 34, made it to Goldenrod. I got the radio card for my Pokégear. Then I decided to go north and level up more by battling the trainers!

And that’s when things went downhill...

First, I lost Gale, my best friend ghost when she fell asleep! Not long after, Zag was hit with Hypnosis (from the Psychic’s Kadabra on Route 36 I believe). Two team members went down, I was so sad :(

This left me with only two Pokémon (Sai and Leaf), so I decided to add a Nidoran (either gender) to my team on Route 35. Well, Nikki the Nidoran (M) was hit by a wild Hoothoot’s Hypnosis shortly after getting caught. So I caught Minnie the Nidoran (F) instead and managed to level her up a couple of levels... and then the same thing happened when I couldn’t run from a wild Hoothoot! So I caught another Nidoran (M) named Nemo. And after leveling up Nemo and avoiding wild Hoothoot, I finally took on Whitney and defeated her on the second try! (Thank goodness Nemo knew Double Kick)

Current Team:

Leaf ♂ Lv. 18
- Vine Whip
- PoisonPowder
- Stun Spore
- Sleep Powder

Sai ♂ Lv. 18
- Poison Sting
- Leech Life
- Scary Face
- Night Shade

Nemo ♂ Lv. 21
- Poison Sting
- Fury Attack
- Focus Energy
- Double Kick

I will enter the staircase and grab a red berry!

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
3,504 posts
6.6 Years
Question about Plaguespreader; my current team is:
  • Roserade
  • Krokorok
  • Liepard (permanent - Spooky Ball)
  • Yamask (permanent - Ghostly Adventure)
  • Grimer (permanent - The Thing)

Roserade and Grimer both already know Poison-type moves, does this mean my entire team is saved from the plague? Or should I remove Krokorok, who can't learn any Poison-type moves at the moment, and isn't a permanent member of the team?
Yeah, your team is safe.

SUPERJOLT IS OUT OF THE WOODS
Superjolt goes down to the underground. The staircase ends few meters above the ground, so Superjolt jumps down. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

He's in the pretty huge section with few urns and teleports. These must be the only way out! But he also finds one interesting berry here (among few other berries):
Who knows what will these berries do
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

saniachan

Female
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
112 posts
285 Days
Spoiler: The rules as of now
  1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
  2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
  3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (Afterburn from Wattson arc, Trappola from Tate-Liza arc)
  5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
  6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
  7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
  9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
  10. You’re a wizard, Harry: You have to put one of the following Pokémon on your team and it must stay there for the rest of the game: Haunter/Gengar, Dusclops/Dusknoir, Banette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Kadabra/Alakazam, Sableye, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatone, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Gulpin, Relicanth, Dustox, Medicham, Jynx, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Chimecho (the crossed ones are unavailable in Emerald) (Purgatorium from Tate-Liza arc)
  11. The Curse of Eternal Youth: Evolution is no longer allowed. If you wish, you may hack/trade in Everstones for convenience. These Everstones are exempt from all other curses’ effects. (starts from Juan arc with those listed in rule #10 as exceptions)
  12. Toxic Avenger: Catch a Poison-Type and teach it Toxic. It must stay on your team for the rest of the run. (I hope Flyburg will do from Juan arc onward)
  13. Spooky Ball: If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse. (got Green for the finale)

Minor update: Aile got Green the (second) Sharpedo at Pacifidlog Town and trained her until she caught up with everyone else (I kinda thought of having Red and Blue as some sort of Green's mentor at this point). Once everything's done, Aile fought Wally for the second time and managed to get through the Victory Road with no casualties somehow. And now she's planning for the Elite 4 and Champion battles. Assuming Green's movesets are similar to Red and Blue's from my last update, here's a little rundown for it:
Spoiler:

Sorry if my handwriting is a total mess btw. And as a reminder about my team:
  • Trappola is a Banette
  • Flyburg is a Crobat
  • Red and Blue and Green are both Sharpedo
  • Purgatorium is a Gardevoir
  • Ether Strike is a Cacturne
Also, when I'm done with my final battles, should I edit them in here? Or should I make a separate entry? Never mind, I'll make do with my next post.
Age 29
Female
Canada
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
284 posts
7.2 Years
Well, I'm definitely not going to get this done by the end of the event (darn school, getting in the way of everything! lol) but I plan on finishing anyway with whatever curses I've got at the end of the event

I pick a green berry and move to room 19

Curses:
Spoiler:

Forest’s Curse: Grass, Bug, Poison, and Flying types are now banned from your team unless they also possess the ghost or dark types. HM Slaves and pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule.
Rectangular Force (global rule): All Pokemon except Ghost, Dark, and Poison types are banned

Rectangular Force + Forest's Curse = All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned.
Zombie Dinner: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the following moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run: Bite, Crunch, Any of the Fang attacks (on Pokemon that can learn multiple, only one is required)
*NEW* Embargo: You may no longer use items in battle

Gym 3:
Spoiler:

- Dots gets Flash and Cut since he doesn’t want to cooperate
- Delivered the letter to Steven
- Headed to Slateport
- Defeated the Team Aqua grunts and delivered the Devon Goods to Capt. Stern
- defeated Brendan
- had a ridiculous amount of trouble against Wattson because Magneton is resistant to basically everything I can throw at it, but I managed it eventually!

Team:
Spoiler:

Lycan the Bashful Mightyena
Lvl 28
Ability: Intimidate
Tackle | Swagger | Sand-Attack | Bite

Dots the Relaxed (and super annoying) Nuzleaf
lvl 20
Ability: Early Bird
Rollout | Cut | Flash | Bullet Seed

Gremlin the Lax Sableye
lvl 25
Ability: Keen Eye
Rock Tomb | Fury Swipes | Fake Out | Night Shade

Superjolt

The sharpest there is

Age 27
Male
Deep below the PokéCommunity...
Online now
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1,188 posts
6.5 Years
Defeated Morty and traded over some Pokémon from Platinum/Diamond! Update soon.

I’ll take the mysterious black/white berry and interact with the uppermost urn (if that’s how this works, wasn’t sure)
Male
Holland! :D
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
650 posts
10.4 Years
Quick update, because I played again!

After quite some ruling issues I figured out how to continue. Caught Meowth and evolved it to Demonic Overlord Persian. Then in the Ice gym, both Nightmare and Overlord got frozen, but Ghost easily beat Pryce on its own.

Ruling issues:
Evolved Gastly to have a wizard
Will catch a Poison type and teach it Sludge Bomb instead of Toxic.
Destiny Bond is impossible as Haunter is already past that level.
Plaguespreader also is not possible so I'm ignoring it

I will pick all the berries before going down the stairs!

Rules:
No-slot hex: Max team size of 5
The curse of eternal youth: No evolutions
Zombie Dinner: Must have a biting move
A quiet place: No sound based moves
BIRDS!!!!!: Hoothoot
Nightmare fuel: Hoothoot with Nightmare and Sunny Day
Dracula's apprentice: Teach all HP draining moves
Frozen curse: Any frozen pokemon must be boxed (why does this happen 3 times already O.O)
Embargo: No items in battle
Fridge horror: A pokemon that does not resist Ice and does not have a Fire move cannot use any STAB moves
The thing: added Ditto
You're a wizard, Harry: Gastly evolved to Haunter
Demonic Overlords: Added Persian
Toxic avenger: Teach Toxic to a caught Poison Pokemon. I will teach Sludge Bomb instead because Toxic is not available!
Plaguespreader: Teach a poison move to all pokemon (Only possibility is the Sludge Bomb TM)
Too scared to move: 3 damaging moves at most

Global rules:
Add a Dark type to my team (Sneasel)
No type overlapping
Revived Poliwag, can only use physical moves and never battle along with other team members
All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned

Team:

Ghost the Haunter
-Thunder
-Dream Eater
-Hypnosis
-Curse

Nightmare the Hoothoot (frozen)
-Confusion
-Hypnosis
-Nightmare
-Thief

Overlord the Persian (frozen)
-Iron Tail
-Shadow Ball
-Bite
-Detect

The Thing the Ditto
-Transform

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 7 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
3,504 posts
6.6 Years

THE FINAL HOUR OF THIS CHALLENGE IS NEAR
Thanks everyone for participating in this Event. And because I probably won't be here tomorrow again, this is probably the last update. Just like with GT Event, I can send you a list of rules so you can continue by yourself.

Please leave a comment with your opinion on it here, so I can make these types of Events better.

INKBLOTS'S FINAL UPDATE
Let's cut to the important part. You have failed. But, you still got the berries! New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Since this is the end, I'll grant you only 3 berries:

SUPERJOLT'S FINAL UPDATE
Superjolt picks up Mysterious Berry. Nothing happens. Well, that's disappointing. But wait, a ghostly white hand appeared out of nowhere with a piece of paper. Superjolt takes it and it simple says: "Sorry, this berry is outdated and isn't working. Take this curse instead." New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Superjolt then goes to one of the urns and jumps inside. No teleport in this one. That's sad. You can try this again. Remember, you're trying to get out of this section. Let's try teleport next time. Oh and pick a berry as a consolation prize:
Pick one or more berries to continue. One berry will add one rule to your run. You also encountered special event. The map can change based on your action.

NOTE: You might notice that the rule says Global Rule, but since this is the end of the Event, you're the only one affected by it.

11WILDY'S FINAL UPDATE
It's a good thing this is ending, I'm slowly running out of rules. New rule has been added, check your character on the map.

Since this is the end, I'll grant you only 2 berries:

saniachan

Female
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
112 posts
285 Days
Spoiler: The rules as of now
  1. Dracula's apprentice: Any Pokémon that can learn any of the HP-draining moves must learn it as soon as possible and retain it for the remainder of the run. (starts from Roxanne arc)
  2. Ocean's Curse: Water, Ice, and Dragon types are now banned from your team, unless they also possess the Ghost or Dark types. HM slaves and Pokemon mandated by another curse are exempt from this rule. (starts from Brawly arc, stacks with rule #8 as of Norman arc)
  3. First-encounter clause: You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts. (starts from Wattson arc, becomes literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  4. Ghostly Adventure - GLOBAL RULE: Catch a Ghost-type (even if you already have one) as soon as possible. It must stay on your team for the rest of the game. It's also your best friend from now on. (Afterburn from Wattson arc, Trappola from Tate-Liza arc)
  5. Making Frankenstein - GLOBAL RULE: Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types if possible from now on. (starts from Flannery arc)
  6. Zombieland - GLOBAL RULE: All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies. They can only use physical contact moves and are immune to the curse that boxed them. But you can't in any circumstances use them on the same team as your current Pokémon. (only during Flannery arc)
  7. Locke Clause: Any fainted Pokemon for the remainder of the run must be boxed until the completion of the run. You may revive your current party before this rule goes into effect. (this + rule #3 = literal Nuzlocke as of Norman arc)
  8. Rectangular Force- GLOBAL RULE: All Pokémon except Ghost, Dark and Poison-types are banned from now on. (starts from Norman arc)
  9. Locked Ball Curse: The Poké Ball in your 2nd slot is now cursed. It cannot be opened, and is permanently locked to your belt. The Pokemon currently in your 2nd slot should be boxed for the remainder of the run. Additionally, you are now limited to one less Pokemon on your team. (bans Quon from Winona arc onward)
  10. You’re a wizard, Harry: You have to put one of the following Pokémon on your team and it must stay there for the rest of the game: Haunter/Gengar, Dusclops/Dusknoir, Banette, Gardevoir, Gallade, Kadabra/Alakazam, Sableye, Grumpig, Solrock, Lunatone, Misdreavus/Mismagius, Gulpin, Relicanth, Dustox, Medicham, Jynx, Chandelure, Reuniclus, Trevenant, Gourgeist, Chimecho (the crossed ones are unavailable in Emerald) (Purgatorium from Tate-Liza arc)
  11. The Curse of Eternal Youth: Evolution is no longer allowed. If you wish, you may hack/trade in Everstones for convenience. These Everstones are exempt from all other curses’ effects. (starts from Juan arc with those listed in rule #10 as exceptions)
  12. Toxic Avenger: Catch a Poison-Type and teach it Toxic. It must stay on your team for the rest of the run. (I hope Flyburg will do from Juan arc onward)
  13. Spooky Ball: If there are any Ghost or Dark-type obtainable by this point in your game, catch one now, even if you already have one on your team. This Pokemon cannot be removed from your team, even by the effects of another curse. (got Green for the finale)

Major update: Aile's fight against Hoenn's Elite Four went just as planned, though with a little struggle (and a lot of close calls) with Glacia's squad (especially her Walrein). That wasn't what took Trappola's and Flyburg's lives, though. Champion Wallace's Gyarados did it instead via Earthquake and Hyper Beam, respectively. Its winning streak then got cut short by Purgatorium's Thunderbolt, thus avenging his friends and leading to Aile's new Champion status.

Spoiler: Aile's final squad (in no particular order)
Trappola (Ghostly Adventure, died to Wallace's Gyarados)
Spoiler:

Purgatorium (You’re a wizard, Harry)
Spoiler:

Green (Spooky Ball)
Spoiler:

Flyburg (Toxic Avenger, died to Wallace's Gyarados)
Spoiler:

Ether Strike
Spoiler:

Spoiler: The cursed ones
Rectangular Force
Spoiler:
  • Fracture Ray the Grovyle
  • Grievous Lady the Linoone (designated HM buddy)
  • Chronostasis the Breloom
  • Clotho the Graveler
  • Syro the Numel
  • Viyella the Aron
  • Endroll the Hariyama
  • Ignotus the Ninjask
  • Nhelv the Taillow
  • Conflict the Slakoth
  • Vexaria the Whismur
  • inkar-usi the Slugma
  • Dement the Silcoon (originally Wurmple but evolved just in case he would've become a Cascoon)
  • Lumia the Castform

Ocean's Curse + Rectangular Force
Spoiler:
  • Singularity the Marill (designated HM buddy)
  • Modelista the Wingull
  • Babaroque the Lotad
  • Lucifer the Swablu

Potential candidates for "You’re a wizard, Harry"
Spoiler:
  • Iconoclast the Abra
  • Suomi the Spoink
  • SOUNDWiTCH the Duskull (+ Ghostly Adventure)
  • Tiferet the Sableye (+ Ghostly Adventure)

Nuzlocke deaths
Spoiler:
  • Afterburn the Shedinja (the Swagger from Maxie's Mightyena bypassed their Wonder Guard)
  • Trappola the Banette (Wallace's Gyarados used Earthquake on her)
  • Flyburg the Crobat (Wallace's Gyarados used Hyper Beam on him)

Other curses
Spoiler:
  • Quon the Koffing (Locked Ball Curse)

Now that this is the end, I thank everyone for the fun. For next time's event like this, the host might want to consider all possible conflicts while making personal rules. That's all, and thank you. 😊

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions

Male
Washington, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
4,174 posts
9.1 Years
I wish I had updated this morning so I could sneak into Janp's last update. But here goes anyway. I will definitely be continuing this challenge, so I would appreciate a list of rules for sure.

Update #4 on Renegade Platinum.

Current Curses:
Spoiler:
Fridge Horror: If your Pokémon cannot resist the cold (i.e. is not taught any Fire-type moves or does not resist Ice through typing or ability), it can no longer use STAB moves in battle.
Making Frankenstein (GLOBAL): Your team must be composed with Pokémon with different primary types.
Zombieland (GLOBAL): All of your forcefully boxed Pokémon are revived as zombies.
Hexed Hands: Held items can no longer be used.
Rectangular Force (GLOBAL): Only Dark, Ghost, or Poison Pokemon (or pre-evolutions) can be used.
Toxic Avenger: Catch a Poison-Type and teach it Toxic. It must stay on your team for the rest of the run.
The Thing: Catch a Ditto, Grimer, Muk, or any of the Goomey line and permanently put it on your team. Plus one Pokémon of your choice is assimilated and must be perma-boxed.
  • I won't be able to catch a Grimer (or even a Ditto) until after Veilstone Gym, but I boxed my poor Shadow for future assimilation.
  • Continued on from Hearthome City and defeated rival Dread, then we got a couple policeman shouting about the Pokémon Mansion.
  • Went to Route 213 North to check it out, and grabbed a Sunny Day TM, so Rex can finally use STAB attacks.
  • Apparently it had been taken over by Team Galactic, so I cleared them out and defeated Saturn and Mr. Backlot in the end.
  • My prize was a Manaphy egg, but into the box it goes.
  • Now I had access to Route 209, so I headed through there to Solaceon Town.
  • Checked out the ruins and scaled Lost Tower, where I caught Mistry the Misdreavus, who is part Fairy-type!
  • Fought my way through Route 210 and 215 to Veilstone City, then used a Dusk Stone on Mistry to evolved him into Mismagius!
  • Took on the gym, and while the trainers were easy to take care of, Maylene was another matter.
  • It took a few tries and a heavy switching strategy between my Dark and Ghost-types, but I eventually prevailed with a team effort.

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team Spook:

Mistry the Mild Mismagius, ♂ - L39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Draining Kiss, Moonblast, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp

Rex the Careful Nidoking, ♂ - L39
Ability: Poison Point
Moves: Poison Jab, Thrash, Sunny Day, Earthquake

Pirate the Adamant Crawdaunt, ♀ - L39
Ability: Adaptability
Moves: Aqua Jet, Knock Off, Crabhammer, Rock Slide

Brimstone the Serious Houndoom, ♀ - L38
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Flamethrower, Fire Fang, Dark Pulse, Thunder Fang

Kimono the Relaxed Froslass, ♀ - L39
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Ice Beam, Confuse Ray

Notable changes to these Pokemon in Renegade Platinum:
Spoiler:
Overall changes: Fairy type has been added to the game, as well as some moves from later gens. Also, all Pokemon have had their movepools updated to US/UM sets as much as possible. Any other notable additions will be highlighted below.

Houndour/Houndoom: Replaces ability Early Bird with Intimidate.
Corphish/Crawdaunt: Replaces ability Shell Armor with Adaptability.
Froslass: Gains Levitate as second ability. BST changes: Atk 80 -> 70, SAtk 80 -> 110.
Nidoking: BST changes: Atk 92 -> 102 (to match Gen VI on)
Misdreavus/Mismagius: Gains Fairy as secondary type, gains access to new moves Draining Kiss and Moonblast.

I will take a red, green, and blue berry, then continue up to room 24.
Male
Holland! :D
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
650 posts
10.4 Years
We managed to stop team Rocket in the radio tower! Claire wasn't as hard as usual. Haunter solo killed all Dragonair with Hypnosis + Dream Eater, then Dragonair Hyper Beams the Sneasel, after which Koffing explodes in its face for the win!

I'll take all the last berries and finish the run when I get the final rules.

Thank you for hosting this, I had a lot of fun! And I would still love to know how it is set up :)

Rules:

No-slot hex: Max team size of 5
The curse of eternal youth: No evolutions
Zombie Dinner: Must have a biting move
A quiet place: No sound based moves
BIRDS!!!!!: Hoothoot
Nightmare fuel: Hoothoot with Nightmare and Sunny Day
Dracula's apprentice: Teach all HP draining moves
Frozen curse: Any frozen pokemon must be boxed
Embargo: No items in battle
Fridge horror: A pokemon that does not resist Ice and does not have a Fire move cannot use any STAB moves
The thing: added Ditto
You're a wizard, Harry: Haunter
Demonic Overlords: Add Persian
Toxic avenger: Teach Toxic to a caught Poison Pokemon (no levelup move toxic, so impossible), ignore rule
Plaguespreader: Teach a poison move to all pokemon
Too scared to move: 3 damaging moves at most
Reverse record player: No more TMs
Hexed hands: No hold items

Global rules:
Add a Dark type to my team.
No type overlapping
Revived Poliwag, can only use physical moves and never battle along with other team members
All Pokemon except Ghost and Dark types are banned (because Poison is also banned)

Team:

Ghost the Haunter
-Thunder
-Dream Eater
-Hypnosis
-Curse

Smog the Koffing
-Sludge Bomb
-Fire Blast (Nightmare fuel with Destiny Bond)
-Selfdestruct
-Smokescreen (Destiny Bond Later)

Sneasel
-Faint Attack
-Quick Attack
-Fury Swipes
-Screech

The Thing the Ditto
-Transform

Miau

If I fits...

Age 28
Female
Camphrier Town
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
765 posts
7.3 Years
Thank you for hosting this event! I enjoyed the format a lot, even though I didn't have enough time to participate properly, having only made it to the fifth Gym. These challenge events are pretty much the only reason I've been coming back to the forum these past couple of years, so I'm looking forward to the next one ^^

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions

Male
Washington, USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 6 Days Ago
4,174 posts
9.1 Years
Janp, I really enjoy these interactive challenges, it makes for a very interesting playthrough.

Anyway, I RNGed these rules for the red, green, and blue berries:
Red: BIRDS!!!! - Put a Regional Bird on your team. It doesn't have to be regional bird of your region. It can only learn Physical and Status Moves.
Green: A Quiet Place - All sound based moves (Screech, Disarming Voice, Roar, Hyper Voice, etc) are banned from now on.
Blue: First-encounter clause - You may only capture and use the first Pokemon you encounter on each route for the remainder of the game. Your current Pokemon are unaffected, as are gifts.

Not too bad.
Advertiser Content