• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Human characters you want brought back into future games

Years
We all know what Pokémon we want in future games but what about human characters? Are there human characters you got really attached to that you'd like to see back? Is it likely they'll come back? Me personally I desperately want Nanu to come back because I'm lame and predictable. There's just so many unanswered questions about him in the game/manga/anime. Like how did he know Giovanni? What made him become a cop? Did he form team skull?

Years
heya! i've moved this on over to our Pokemon Gaming Central forum since this has to do with the games as a whole. ^_^

that being said, i'll always be happy each and every time Cynthia makes a comeback in a Pokemon game. i honestly think a lot of people can make a valid case that she's even overrated, but there's something about how challenging she is that makes her such an awesome character to me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 10, 2024
1. Lance

He may still be a Kanto Trainer at the end of the day, but Johto is where he shines the most, because he actually helped you out to fight Team Rocket.

It would be interesting to explore any potential ties that he may have with other notable dragon Trainers like Iris, Drake, Drasna and especially Leon, given that both Leon and Lance use a Charizard that utilises different niches in battle on their teams.

2. Lillie

It would be nice for players to know what she's been up to lately or any progress that she made so far as a Trainer. Considering that Alola is where the idea of Regional Variants were first discovered, she would be a fantastic choice to provide newcomers on what she knows on behalf of Professor Kukui.

3. Alder

Since Iris became Unova's Champion, this would give Alder extra opportunities to travel the world and share his wisdom with others as a way of showcasing an older generation passing the torch to a younger new generation.

It may provide the opportunity to know more about him and his past.

4. Steven Stone

Objectively the most iconic Trainer of the Hoenn region. If any region got hit by the radiation of the Ultimate Weapon's launch or the meteorite that struck Hoenn over 3,000 years ago, he would be the Trainer to explore how it affected the formation of stones and fossils in those regions.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
I would like to see one of the protagonists. Similar to how Red appeared in Gold/Silver/Crystal, maybe you could battle one of them.

Years
N, Cheren, and Ilima because they're precious ;_; Lillie as well, she's far and away my favorite female character!

Years
Would like blue and silver to come back as rivals, the last true rivals before they all became friendly also Lillie I think she was an interesting character and her story arch was one of the better parts of the gen 7 games

milcute

a sweet melody~
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
I'd love to see Iris make a return, especially since people have speculated that she's related to Leon and Hop. Also, the Frontier Brains need more love! I was really sad to not get to see Tucker in ORAS. He was always my favorite as a kid.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
N, because he is such a great human being! He went off somewhere at the end of Black 2, if I recall correctly. It would be wonderful to meet him in the future games in a different region.

Cynthia is always returning, so no problems here.

Wally, he is such a sweet person! It would be nice to battle him in more upcoming regions/games.

Guzma would be awesome as well. Curious to see what the future holds for him. Imagine him travelling to Galar and teaming up with Piers for battles, maybe make music with him?

Years
I'd love to see more of the professors beyond Prof. Oak to show up in other regions. It'd be an easy way to reintroduce gimmicks like Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves in newer games, or just simply have them show up to do "research" alongside the new region's professor.

Outside of that, I want to see Silver make a return, too. There's so many things you could do with his character, that it's a shame we haven't seen him since the Johto remakes.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Maybe the playable characters come back. Otherwise, I'm not too big on previous characters returning.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
I'd love to see Iris make a return, especially since people have speculated that she's related to Leon and Hop. Also, the Frontier Brains need more love! I was really sad to not get to see Tucker in ORAS. He was always my favorite as a kid.

That's the first time I've heard that theory. I'm guessing it's because the skin and hair color is the same? Whether or not that's true, I'd like to see Iris return as well.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
Years
We all know what Pokémon we want in future games but what about human characters? Are there human characters you got really attached to that you'd like to see back? Is it likely they'll come back? Me personally I desperately want Nanu to come back because I'm lame and predictable. There's just so many unanswered questions about him in the game/manga/anime. Like how did he know Giovanni? What made him become a cop? Did he form team skull?

Absolutely this. Nanu is by far one of my favourite characters. I'd love to see him back in the future along with Master Cyrus of course.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
AZ! He's so interesting, and he appeared tragically few times in X/Y. 😔 I wanna know what him and Floette are doing now that they're free.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Steven

Everyone: But Drew, Steven is already in recent ga-

Steven in more games.

Also N, Lance, and some of the old rivals would be awesome!

Back