• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever been to a Pokémon event?

Years
Whether it be small, fan-hosted tournaments in your area or big, official events like the Pokémon World Championships, have you ever been to an event? Would you go?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
YES!! :D Does anyone else remember the Pokemon Black & White promotional tour? The one that had the demos? I got to go to the one in Dallas! I was 11 at the time. I got plushies of all 3 starters and a black Oshawott T-shirt; I saw a bunch of cosplay; the hotel room I stayed in had a view of where the event's trailer with Reshiram and Zekrom on it was parked; and at the end I saw Zoroark: Master of Illusions with my bemused non-Pokefan family. It's a memory I cherish. <3 (The lines were brutal, though. x.x)

I also used to go to a Pokemon TCG league hosted at Burger King and the occasional tournament held at my local comic book shop, back when I still played the TCG.

Years
^That's awesome! Despite brutal lines (I can imagine...) that sounds like a lot of fun. :>

I've never been personally. Closest I've gotten was going to the Pokémon Center store when it was still physically around in NYC, but that's not really an event. Would love to go to a Pokémon GO fest or Safari Zone at some point. And PWC too!

Years
I've been to several Pokemon TCG tournaments and league days over the years, both official and unofficial ones. And I saw Mewtwo Strikes Back in theaters once - only Pokemon movie I've seen *in* theaters, actually.

Despite that, never actually been to any game prerelease event or any other big events like Worlds or Pokemon Go community day gatherings, and never been to a TCG tournament bigger than a States/League Cup.

Years
I was at the Pokemon World Championship when they held it here in Vancouver back in 2013. It was awesome seeing thousands of people there just for Pokemon, and there were people cosplaying, sitting around playing the TCG and games, taking pictures with mascots like Pikachu and the Unova starters, etc. And while I didn't meet him myself, I was standing about 10 feet away from Junichi Masuda before he was going up on stage to reveal some new Mega Evolutions (which were unfortunately leaked a day or two before that).

I wasn't really that interested in the actual TCG tournaments going on, but I'd definitely love to go to another WC again if I get the opportunity!

Years
Unfortunately not. ;__; I did have an opportunity when there were regionals the next city over, but I was too nervous to really go. Kinda regret that, tbh.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 16, 2022
The only one I went to was during the GSC era when they toured to let players download Celebi. I was really young so I barely remember much. It was at my local mall and there was one of those Pikachu mascot costumes, that's all I remember.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I've never been to a Pokémon event. Growing up, I didn't live close enough to go to anything, and I couldn't drive myself or use public transit on my own to travel to an event (plus, my disposable income was obviously lower than it is now).

Now, I guess I could go to events, but I'm so conditioned to keeping my love of Pokémon under wraps in real life, for the most part. I also don't really have real-life friends who play/like Pokémon anymore, and I'm not sure if I would want to go to an event on my own. I've thought about trying to find a Switch/3DS group through something like Meetup to try to make some new friends, and I would love to play Pokémon with people, but most of the events I've found are on weekday evenings before I'm done working for the day.

pkmin3033

I went to a lot of Gen IV event Pokemon distributions at my then local GAME and they were all great fun. The store was always pretty packed, there were event reps and prizes, and the event Pokemon themselves.

I didn't get to go to the 25th Anniversary Pokemon event in Essex because the traffic was absolutely horrific, and I won't be going to the Pokemon Center in London because they've handled that so badly it's disgusting. 5-6 hour queues I can understand to some extent, but they should at least be able to guarantee the stock you want to purchase will be in the store by the end of it. I may pay a visit to London next year for the World Championships though! Even if I won't compete the atmosphere will be great.

Back