• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokémon do you think have declined in popularity?

SceptileActual

Sceptile, The Forest Pokémon.
Years
I think all the pseudo Legendaries except for the obvious Tyranitar,Salamence and maybe Dragonite.

Besides that, mostly every starter except for gen 1 comes and goes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2021
Has Goomy currently been a popular Pokémon used for a meme or has it no longer been popular?

LittleSnowyOne

I love Dima
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 5, 2020
I haven't noticed as much Mimikyu love lately, and it's kinda sad.

I have noticed a lot of disdain towards Charizard (and - to a lesser extent - Pikachu) for being "overrated".

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Anyone remember when Mudkip was literally a meme? Now, Mudkip is barely even talked about at all. This is definitely a Pokemon I'd say has since declined from popularity. Mudkip hasn't been relevant in years. I bet younger kids on the internet haven't even heard of the "so i heard you like Mudkipz" meme, either.

And pretty sure almost all of the Kanto Pokemon are slowly losing their popularity due to the "overuse of Kanto" or whatever. With the exceptions of Pikachu, Eevee, Charizard and the other Kanto starters, maybe.

Back