• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
I have a Legends Awakaned 131/146 Cynthia's Feelings holo from 2008, in NM condition. I was wondering if this is the Kosmos holo version and was wondering about the value of this card. Can anyone tell me?
YWc27HF
meT7Eac

Years
I have a Legends Awakaned 131/146 Cynthia's Feelings holo from 2008, in NM condition. I was wondering if this is the Kosmos holo version and was wondering about the value of this card. Can anyone tell me?
YWc27HF
meT7Eac

Looks like it, though the card is barely worth $1 in mint condition and yours doesn't even look like it's in mint condition.

It was a pretty widely circulated card as it got put into retail blister packs as the promo, iirc.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Looks like it, though the card is barely worth $1 in mint condition and yours doesn't even look like it's in mint condition.

It was a pretty widely circulated card as it got put into retail blister packs as the promo, iirc.

OK, thank you so much!

KarenHartman97

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 11, 2018
What you've got there is a Torchic XY Promo 37 from the 2015 McDonald's Collection. It is very much a real card! Not a very expensive find, but a neat one nonetheless. :)

It has seen a few reprints, so if you see the same card with different numbers, it's most likely just from the Primal Clash expansion, where it appeared as a non-promo card.

Thank you for finding it for me. But I just looked on google for xy37 and it gives a different art of torchic so I don't think that it is that card. Because I just saw one video on youtube with this card number 2/12. So I'm really curious about it now.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yes, what you're seeeing is the 2016 McDonald's Torchic. It's numbered 2/12. Sorry it was hard to see from the picture you sent! Here's a link that'll explain it much better than myself. :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 1, 2018
Hey all, sorry I am a noob. I found a Pidgeot Pocket Monsters holo from 1996 and I really can't find out anything about it online. Could someone please let me know anything about it? It is card 18 if that help. Thanks!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey all, sorry I am a noob. I found a Pidgeot Pocket Monsters holo from 1996 and I really can't find out anything about it online. Could someone please let me know anything about it? It is card 18 if that help. Thanks!

Hey there! What I suspect you have there is a Japanese Jungle Pidgeot! Does it look like this?:
Spoiler:

Hope this helped! n_n

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
I recently came across a Base Set Starter Gift Box on Ebay and I was wondering if it was Shadowless. Does anyone know the way to tell if it's Shadowless (from the outside of the box)?

Karen

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I recently came across a Base Set Starter Gift Box on Ebay and I was wondering if it was Shadowless. Does anyone know the way to tell if it's Shadowless?

Karen

Hey there! The best way to determine if a card is shadowless is to, like the name suggests, determine if there is a shadow at the border of the image. This pic might help:
shadow-shadowless.jpg

If you find anything good do post and let us know! :)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
Hey there! The best way to determine if a card is shadowless is to, like the name suggests, determine if there is a shadow at the border of the image. This pic might help:
shadow-shadowless.jpg

If you find anything good do post and let us know! :)

Thanks for your response, but actually, my question is: How can you tell if the box is Shadowless by looking at the outside, so when it is still sealed? I forgot to explain it like that :)

Years
Thanks for your response, but actually, my question is: How can you tell if the box is Shadowless by looking at the outside, so when it is still sealed? I forgot to explain it like that :)

I keep meaning to research this for you when I get home from my work shifts, but I keep forgetting and falling asleep early. What I do know is that there are tells for booster boxes, but I'm not sure if those tells apply to kits like the Starter box of that era.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Ohhh sorry, I misunderstood.

As far as I know, there's no external tell for anything other than booster boxes, like Don said. But it's been a few years so lemme get back to you on that one. If there is a way to tell, I have wasted my time on many a fruitless box, lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 13, 2018
I also got some cards I found by cleaning out my old room at my parents.
Probably not worth much but you never know untill you ask :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 13, 2018
Venusaur , base collection , 15/102
Machamp , base collection , 8/102 , 1st edition
Hitmonchan , base collection , 7/102

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 16, 2018
Found 18 shadowless uncommon cards

Hello guys,

My dad found cards in my old boys basket! Can anyone help me with the value of these cards as parts or as a whole? Some cards are English and some are Dutch. I got 18 uncommon ones and another load of common ones. I would say they're not in best shape anymore, but almost none of them got folds or scratches on them.
Thanks a lot in advance for giving response! :smile:

Attachments

• uncommon.jpg
    uncommon.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 9
  • uncommon 1.jpg
    uncommon 1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 7
  • the rest.jpg
    the rest.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 8
  • some more.jpg
    some more.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
Years
Hello guys,

My dad found cards in my old boys basket! Can anyone help me with the value of these cards as parts or as a whole? Some cards are English and some are Dutch. I got 18 uncommon ones and another load of common ones. I would say they're not in best shape anymore, but almost none of them got folds or scratches on them.
Thanks a lot in advance for giving response! :smile:

I've gone ahead in and merged your post into the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back