• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Lilac

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Buffer
Buffer
Pokémon Lilac

Introduction

Hello everybody! After not seriously hacking for the past four or so years I've decided to jump back in to the scene. A couple of old members may recognise the name 'Pokémon Lilac' from an unfinished hack I made back in 2011 that did relatively well, but certainly not up to the standards of many games today. This hack isn't a remake of my old project - It has a brand new setting, characters and story. It only has the same name because its a really good name and nobody has reused it.

Anyway, I hope this new and improved Pokémon Lilac manages to meet your expectations!

Story

It has been ten years since the disappearance of Team Rocket's leader, Giovanni. Its operations in Kanto and Johto have slowly atrophied, as without a firm hand to guide the organisation, it has become a shell of its former self. In what seems like a last gasp before declining into irrelevancy, Team Rocket suddenly bursts on the scene in the scenic Lowen Region, proclaiming a new leader with unknown goals. Their first target? A sleepy farm where a destined child is set to receive their first Pokémon...

Features

• Brand new maps, tiles and scripts to bring the Lowen region to life
  • 251 Pokémon to battle, collect and evolve
  • New Fakémon to discover
  • The Physical/ Special Split
  • Updated battle sprites and backgrounds
  • 4th Gen style Overworlds
  • New TMs, HMs and Move Tutors
  • Automatic 'set' battles in important situations
  • View IVs at a glance on a Pokémon's status screen
  • Trainers with EVs
  • Many minor quality of life changes

Screenshots

Barn.png
Wheat.png
ujjWD4O.png
Home.png
Gatehouse.png
EGixD3A.png
Route_1.png
Legend.png
World_Map.png
image.png
Elm.png
Pr1fV1X.png
2ZsTKkU.png
KC8sylB.png
YIGXMtG.png
fCZiuk8.png

Revealed Fakémon

S1GWhnT.png

Recruiting

I'm currently looking for people who know how to do a few niche jobs. If you help contribute to Lilac's quality and progression, I will be eternally grateful and will have something special for you. Currently recruiting:
  • Fakémon cry makers
  • Fakémon spriters
  • Pokémon trainer spriters

Updates

Credits

Tools Used

[user]LU-HO[/user] : AdvanceMap, Door Animation Editor
[user]HackMew[/user] : XSE, APE, FSF, Hacked unLZ
[user]link12552[/user] : NSE 1.7.5 and 2.1
[user]Wichu[/user] : Advance Series
[user]JPAN[/user] : JPAN's Hacked Engine
[user]ZodiacDaGreat[/user] : AnimEditor
[user]CaptainDumbChester[/user] : Dumb Pokemon Editor
[user]Joexv[/user] : Hex Helper Double Oh
[user]Locksmith Army[/user] : Complete Item Editor
[user]D-Trogh[/user] & [user]Darthatron[/user] : NTME
[user]Silver314[/user] : YAPE
[user]esperance[/user] : Hopeless Trainer Editor

Graphics

Special Thanks

wilsonscarloxy - Amazing fakemon sprites
[user]giradialkia[/user] - Being a cool guy
[user]Spherical Ice[/user] - Helping to sort out a conflict

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Bookmarked this, I think I remember this one from 2013, the name sounds so familiar.

Decagram

Pokèmon Adventures Special is the best
Years
The game looks fantastic! can't wait for it to be released.

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
Years
I remember this hackrom. I played the beta released and in my opinion it was a decent hack. It didn't have an impressive graphical enviroment, but now it looks so good and improved. I'm expecting a better experience with this new project.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
Yes, I was right.

The first version of this game was pretty good, didn't like the cowboy/cowgirl get up however.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Man oh man, it's the rise of the veterans. I'm seeing so many hacks popping back in the secen. First Logan, then Teh Panda and now Dr Fuji! I remember Lilac. The beta was released when I was in school and I was so upset that it was a beta. I'm glad to see it's return now! Hopefully this attempt pulls through the end! Love the new graphics!

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hello everybody, I'd like to thank you all for the great responses I've been getting both on and off the forums over the past 24 hours. It really is quite amazing how a hobby can bring everybody together, eh? I've been working on the world map over the past day or so and its looking pretty darn good if I'm allowed to toot my own horn. Expect to see it in the next content update!

?

go away. re-implementation of the four word rule when?

This is lovely

u 2 <3. Mystic looks lovely as well and I hang on every update, so update again soon please~

Bookmarked this, I think I remember this one from 2013, the name sounds so familiar.
Yes, I was right.

The first version of this game was pretty good, didn't like the cowboy/cowgirl get up however.

The inspiration for the old OW was Indiana Jones because you're going on an adventure but I guess they're cowboys now :D

The game looks fantastic! can't wait for it to be released.

Hopefully you'll be able to wait for a while. Its still quite a way off for any sort of substantial release :P

Hell yeah!

Yeah Hell!

Looks very nice. I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you~

I remember this hackrom. I played the beta released and in my opinion it was a decent hack. It didn't have an impressive graphical enviroment, but now it looks so good and improved. I'm expecting a better experience with this new project.

Seven years ago it was pretty good for the time, being a runner-up to Light Platinum in graphics in the 2011 HotY awards. But yes, after coming back to hacking I realised how haphazard it looks compared to many hacks now. Thank you for your kind words and I definitely hope you will have the better experience you want!

Man oh man, it's the rise of the veterans. I'm seeing so many hacks popping back in the secen. First Logan, then Teh Panda and now Dr Fuji! I remember Lilac. The beta was released when I was in school and I was so upset that it was a beta. I'm glad to see it's return now! Hopefully this attempt pulls through the end! Love the new graphics!

We're all so old. I have no idea why we all came back around the same time but I don't think anybody's complaining :P

Thank you and I hope I can pull through to the end without burning out as well!

Hello, this hack is back.
I'll ask you.
Are those 386, 493, 649, 721 or 807 Pok?mon?

It has 200 Pokemon from the first 3 generations.

Damn, it looks so amazing...Can't wait for the first release.

Thank you! A lot of hard work has gone into this over the past few months and I'm glad people are just as excited as I am.

I made an account just to post this.

Thats a lie. But I?m psyched. Screenshots look epic and I know this is gonna be great :)

Mods! We have a sock puppet here!

You're the best.

marcc5m

what
Years
we need a disney princess that is pokemon lilac

this may get removed for spam if i dont say anything else so the tile combinations are beautiful like i dont have a girlfriend but if i did id say haha goodbye honey i dont need u in fact my eyes just been opened and u ugly i finally see true beauty so go away right now

vxo

ROM Hacker
Years
Looks very promising! I'll definitely check this out once the first beta is released.
Good luck!

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Would love to see at least a couple signature fakemon for this hack but other than that it looks awesome.

Back