• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon Amethyst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Yeah but there are more "gods" - Palkia, Dialga, Giratina... You can do with "my moves" all what you want... If you want "SINGING OF GOD" can lower all stats by 1 stage or only random stats by 1 stage. Elemental fangs like FIRE FANG can be learn by level-up for nonfire-types. FLAMING WING it's like elemental fangs.

What do you think about that idea:
Unowns can be ??? type <no weaknesses, resistances and maybe some immunities> and can learn by level-up <lvl 1> "letters attacks" with ??? type like "AaA". For example "FfF" can do damage and freeze opponent, "EeE" can do damage and raises evansion, "???" can be like Metronome. <Unown A can learn "AaA", Unown Y - "YyY">

Last edited:

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 30, 2016
how, this is perfect, almost heavenly... i can't wait until it's done, wow... amazing!!!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Actually, all the non-Fire types which learn Fire Fang learn it at level 1, i.e. they can only get it through the Move Relearner.

The idea for a unique move for Unowns is cool - however, I think there should only be one move, which they all learn, but has a different effect depending on the letter. Here's a name possibility - Glyphic Power (from the Greek word glyph, which means symbol).

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
UNOWN EYE - Give immunity to ???-type moves. <like for Unown>
PREHISTORIC - Give immunity to random-type moves. <like for prehistorical pokemons like Kabuto>

I think it's cool idea with Glyphic Power but you can do different effect for all letters? What you think about give some "1 move" pokemon some additional moves, like for Smeargle, Ditto and give attack SKETCH for some another pokemons like Unown, Mew, Togepi?

PAINT ATTACK
Type: Normal
PWR: --
PP: 10
Change randomly opponents type.

I think that can be good attack for Smeargle. Maybe you can give Smeargle evolution with better stats.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
For Unown Eye, there aren't any damaging ??? type moves - the only ??? type move is Curse.
Prehistoric is an OK idea, but how does the effect have to do with the Pokémon being prehistoric?

Yeah, I will give each letter a different effect.
I think Smeargle and Ditto should keep their only move, as what else could Ditto do apart from transform? Also, even if it had other moves, it wouldn't be able to use them after it transformed. As for Smeargle, it can already learn virtually any other attack (except for Chatter, as it can't change its cry, and eventually, Glyphic Power, as it doesn't have a letter).
Giving Sketch to other Pokémon would be a bad idea, because Mew and Togekiss are already very powerful. Could you imagine how broken they'd be if they could learn any move? And how is Unown supposed to sketch something anyway? It has no hands :S

Anyway, I made the animation for the Pokémon icons when they are affected by a status condition, as on Diamond/Pearl.

PokemonMenuStatus.gif

EDIT: Oh yeah, the egg hatched :D

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
UNOWN EYE and PREHISTORIC should be new abilities and i think GLYPHIC POWER can be ???-type. UNOWN EYE can give immunity for all ??? moves <ghost Curse, Glyphic Power>. You can give some new ??? moves like:

STRANGE <Special>
Type: ???
PWR: 40
PP: 25
May confuse opponent or disable one of opponent moves for 4 turns.

WHY?
PP: 5
User faints and all opponent moves are now in user type.

SUGGESTION
Heal 1/2 user HP and heal all status problem but cuts PP of one other user move.

RESET
Heal user and opponent HP and status problems.

ABYSS <Physical>
PWR: 140
User can't use now this move.

BIG EYE <Special>
PWR: 150
User cannot attack next turn.

You can also give me old idea move "NEVER" with ??? instead Dark type. All ??? moves can be unavoidable but ??? don't have any weakness and resistances and nobody have weakness or resistances for ??? type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I'm currently reserving ???-type moves for Shadow Pokémon (as on Colosseum/XD). Therefore, having ??? as a separate type would just confuse people further. In fact, I'm considering changing Curse to Ghost-type.

Your move effect ideas are pretty good, but I don't really like the names. They're quite simple compared to other move names. Could I use some of those effects on moves, but give them a different name and type?

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Yeah, of course. Do, what you want. And what you think about PREHISTORIC like a ability? What's type you want give for GLYPHIC POWER? Psychic or Normal? In your game all pokemon will be catchable with normal method? <fight and catch> I think you can give pokemon area with starters evolution after pokemon league.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yeah, it's a nice name. I think its effect should be slightly changed though - perhaps it should lower the opponent's speed depending on how many times it has evolved. For example, it would lower Charizard's speed by 2, since it's evolved twice, Gyarados's speed by 1, since it has evolved once, and Pokémon like Heracross should be unaffected since they haven't evolved.

This ties into the ancient theme, since animals are generally believed to have been less evolved during prehistoric times, so more evolved Pokémon would be given a penalty (like speed lowering, since they wouldn't be as adapted to moving around in prehistoric conditions).

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
I think it's good idea. What about my idea with catching starters evolution after league? What you want do with all of pokemon legendaries? Events for all?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I want to be able to have online trading, so you could breed and trade your starter to other people, and get all of them that way. Even if I can't make the trading, I'll still let you make your Pokémon into Mystery Gifts, so you can transfer them between games.
With legendaries, I'm going to have an event for each one, for example for Rayquaza, you see Groudon and Kyogre fighting and have to get Rayquaza to help. (This is just an example, it own't necessarily be in the game.) However, some Pokémon, like Mew, Celebi etc. will only have an event if you get a Mystery Gift (don't worry, you won't have to go anywhere for it - it will be downloadable from the internet).

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
What user need do for Mystery Gift number? Can i clone pokemons in game?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
For the Mystery Gift, it will not be a code. It will be a file, which you will be able to put up on a website and allow someone to download it. However, only one person will be able to use it, as you will have to put in the name and trainer ID of the person you want to give it to.
I won't have a cloning cheat on purpose, don't worry. And I have a way to stop people cloning Pokémon through copying save files and trading/Mystery Gifting, but I'll need to learn a bit more about scripting if I want to put it in.

Anyway, I have to go now. I might be back soon :)

Skele

Idea Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2009
Do you want give some special Mystery Gifts? Like Legends, Shiny Legends, special pokemons holds special items?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Do you want give some special Mystery Gifts? Like Legends, Shiny Legends, special pokemons holds special items?

Yup. Probably not shiny legends though, as I believe that if you want one, you should have enough patience to get them yourself. I'm also going to reward people who help me with a cool Pokémon, like a Flying Pikachu or something. (This could be you!)

However, I'm not planning to include the ability to create gifts in the first demo, as it would involve scripting which I'd like to save until I'm more experienced. You'll be able to receive gifts though - I want to test the system before properly implementing it.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
Why would you make Mew and those other downloadable? Wouldn't it be better if every legendary had some sort of event?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'll make an event item for them and release that first, then after that (like for tournaments etc), I'd give just the Pokémon out, so people who have already finished the event can still get it.

adamb241

Pokémon Raging Fury
Years
That is a very good idea, giving rare Pokemon out if someone wins something! Excellent idea!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
This game looks A+ Material.
the story sounds excellent and what i have seen so far look great. the starters look brilliant.
Guess i should suggest a move:

Time Strike
Dissapears for 1 turn then on the second turn attacks.
Type: Psychic/Grass (cant decide :) )
Power: 80
Accuracy: 100
Note: Has a high critical hit ratio.
Can be learned by: celebi only
At level: 70
It is a physical attack.
Info: A powerful attack, the Pokemon cant be attacked on the first turn and attacks on the second. It has a high critical hit ratio.

Just thought I'd give Celebi a move, considering he's legendary and all. Plus why does Jirachi get a move and not him. :(

timmy112

Learning to Hack
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2016
Another idea

Thunderbeam
Type: Electric
PP: 100
The user rest the next turn
only pure elctric types can learn this move

Thunderball
Type: Electric
PWR: 80
The user fires a ball of electricty

Focus Slash
Type: Normal
The user focuses on the enemy in the first turn and attack in the seccond turn, the user flinches if hit

are these ideas better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back