• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Moveset Help & Other Questions (FAQ in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I bred a 5 perfect IV Nosepass (imperfect IV being attack) and I want to make her into a Probopass that fulfils the role of a wall. However, I'm not quite sure what would be the best EV spread and moveset is for a Probopass.

I plan to so a spread that relates to HP, defense and special defense, but don't know what an ideal spread would be for nosepass.

I already have stealth rock and am going to teach thunder wave to her, but I'm not sure on what other moves to use.

Any recommendations of EV spreads and moves that can suit a wall probopass?
This is the set you should use for Probopass. Tbh, it's not that good compared to its fellow Steel Pokemon because Rock/Steel makes it 4x weak to 2 common types (Fighting, Ground), but w/e:
-Stealth Rock
-Power Gem/Flash Cannon
-Volt Switch
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/172 SDef/84 Spe (outspeeds 0 Speed base 50s)
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I have been very curious about Mudsdale...
What tier is it & what are good movesets for it?

It's tiered in UU (or below) for now. It's not good enough in OU because of its shallow offensive move pool and lack of recovery outside of Rest. I don't know any good Mudsdale sets commonly run, but start with any of these:
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Heavy Slam/Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef
Ability: Stamina

or
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Heavy Slam
-Close Combat/Superpower
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Choice Band

To be honest, Hippowdon, Therian Landorus, Garchomp, Gliscor, and Zygarde (and Gastrodon to a lesser extent) outclass Mudsdale as a bulky Ground Pokemon.

Smash Brony

Cool Dude
Years
It's tiered in UU (or below) for now. It's not good enough in OU because of its shallow offensive move pool and lack of recovery outside of Rest. I don't know any good Mudsdale sets commonly run, but start with any of these:
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Heavy Slam/Roar
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
Nature: Impish
EVs: 248 HP/252 Def/8 SDef

or
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Heavy Slam
-Close Combat/Superpower
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Choice Band

To be honest, Hippowdon, Therian Landorus, Garchomp, Gliscor, and Zygarde (and Gastrodon to a lesser extent) outclass Mudsdale as a bulky Ground Pokemon.
Tch...
Had a feeling that it would be UU...
Thanks for replying!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I am looking for a 6 member and the z item likely Would Snorlax be suitable

I don't think so. Even if you're thinking about using Pulverizing Pancake on it, don't, since you have to spend a moveslot on Giga Impact, a subpar attack in general. If you're looking for some viable Z move users, there are Tapu Bulu (Grass), Arcanine (Fire), and Garchomp (Ground):

Tapu Bulu:
-Wood Hammer
-Horn Leech
-Superpower/Taunt
-Protect
EVs: 252 HP/192 Atk/4 Def/36 SDef/20 Spe
Item: Grassier Z

Arcanine:
-Flamethrower/Overheat/Burn Up
-Snarl
-Will-o-Wisp
-Roar/Protect/Helping Hand/Morning Sun
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP/100 SDef/156 Spe
Item: Sitrus Berry/Firium Z/Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate

or
-Flare Blitz
-Wild Charge
-Extreme Speed
-Protect/Close Combat/Crunch
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Firium Z/Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate

Garchomp:
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide/Poison Jab
-Protect
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Groundium Z/Focus Sash

If you're looking for a bulky Normal, just use Porygon2 because it's very bulky with Eviolite and still hits decently hard:
-Trick Room
-Tri Attack/Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 252 HP/156 SAtk/100 SDef
Item: Eviolite

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
How can a Meteor Form Minior outspeed a Carracosta whose Speed was raised by two stages due to Shell Smash? Is this only possible if the Minior was scarfed? This happened to me in Battle Spot and I'm slightly confused as to why.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
How can a Meteor Form Minior outspeed a Carracosta whose Speed was raised by two stages due to Shell Smash? Is this only possible if the Minior was scarfed? This happened to me in Battle Spot and I'm slightly confused as to why.

Did Minior use its own Shell Smash on a previous turn? Does your Carracosta run no Speed EVs whatsoever? (not recommended because Carracosta needs all the Speed it can get on Shell Smashs sets)

Leviathan

Years
Did Minior use its own Shell Smash on a previous turn? Does your Carracosta run no Speed EVs whatsoever? (not recommended because Carracosta needs all the Speed it can get on Shell Smashs sets)

I don't believe they did. I have saved the Battle video for this though so I can recheck this. And no I don't, but I am definitely going to change it after this mess. I can believe if a pokemon that is renowned for its speed can still beat the turtle after a Shell Smash, but Minior's speed stat isn't that daunting? Hmm. Perhaps I'll go and crunch some numbers concerning this matter.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't believe they did. I have saved the Battle video for this though so I can recheck this. And no I don't, but I am definitely going to change it after this mess. I can believe if a pokemon that is renowned for its speed can still beat the turtle after a Shell Smash, but Minior's speed stat isn't that daunting? Hmm. Perhaps I'll go and crunch some numbers concerning this matter.
Your Carracosta's Speed IV should be taken into account also. A Speed IV of 31 is preferred in competitive battling to ensure that an offensive Pokemon outspeeds as much as possible.

Keep in mind that Meteor Minior has 60 base Speed while its Core form has 120 base Speed (when Shields Down activates at 50% HP or less).

Leviathan

Years
Your Carracosta's Speed IV should be taken into account also. A Speed IV of 31 is preferred in competitive battling to ensure that an offensive Pokemon outspeeds as much as possible.

Keep in mind that Meteor Minior has 60 base Speed while its Core form has 120 base Speed (when Shields Down activates at 50% HP or less).

Yup! I have, thanks. I've got 31 IVs in Speed for this guy, and I am sure it was Meteor Minior that got to my turtle. I have totted up the math as well and as it turns out, without any EV investment in Carracosta's speeed, a scarfed Meteor Minior (assuming it has 31 IV and 0 EV in speed and a favourable nature that doesn't harm Speed) can still outrun the turtle!

Carracosta after Shell Smash: Speed - 358
Scarfed Meteor Minior: 360

At least two points! Dang! I have learnt my lesson, haha.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Now you can Disable that Earthquake instead of avoiding it. Isn't that so much better?!

If cursed body was a 70% chance of working yes but its only 30 so that sucks. Also with cursed body it has to be a contact move to disable it. So that doesnt apply to earthquake.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
If cursed body was a 70% chance of working yes but its only 30 so that sucks. Also with cursed body it has to be a contact move to disable it. So that doesnt apply to earthquake.

Wrong. Cursed Body works on all offensive moves. That being said, Gengar is still too frail to take advantage of it.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years

Don't worry, I was being sarcastic. There are two reasons why Gengar dropped down to Alpha UU and Cursed Body was one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back